Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-03-2021, 9:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Off-topic for this thread, but I'll try to answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macentyre View Post
So I just saw that they want us to pay the gov $800 a year for liability insurance and if you don’t, you are ineligible to own any firearm?
"They" want zero guns for anyone that isn't SWAT or military, period. The UK gun control model is their end game (except, really, there is no end game - see recent UK knife ban laws for reference). So, to them, this would just be a "logical" step in that direction.

Quote:
Who in their right mind will do these things?
Nobody.

Quote:
Do you guys think this will become reality?
No, it's just political posturing. We see asinine new bills every session (this is nothing new), authored by extremist democrats who were voted in by overwhelmingly-democrat districts, and who have no actual expectation that it will go anywhere. They're just trying to send a message to their constituents that they're "trying to do something", to improve their chances for re-election. It's akin to the $4k/month UBI bills that we keep seeing - largely, nobody on either side of the aisle wants it except for a small handful.

Quote:
What are we going to do at that point?
Not worth wasting your time thinking about that, it isn't going to happen. And even if it did happen, the most effect it will have, is flipping congress red at midterms. It would be career suicide for dems to actually pass such a thing, which is why they made the bill so extreme (and blatantly unconstitutional) that it stands no chance of actually going anywhere. They might as well have added to the bill that nobody would be eligible for gun ownership unless you get an abortion and have gender reassignment surgery, because it wouldn't change its likelihood of passing. And then when it inevitably fails, they can blame republicans for blocking "common-sense gun safety legislation". It's a win-win for them.

It's page 1 of the democrat playbook - when you want to look like you're doing something, without actually doing anything, make your bill so extreme that nobody with more than 2 brain cells would vote for it.

Last edited by CandG; 03-03-2021 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

I think the states continual overreach, may have shot themselves in the dick. By forcing us to register rifles, handgun style, they forced themselves into a situation which will show how many possible AR and other "assault rifle" type fire arms are in common use. They can't deny the data because it will show their incompetence. They know they are ****ed this round and are hoping the feds hit back with their version of an AWB. Data isn't always your friend.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:50 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain82 View Post
I think the states continual overreach, may have shot themselves in the dick. By forcing us to register rifles, handgun style, they forced themselves into a situation which will show how many possible AR and other "assault rifle" type fire arms are in common use. They can't deny the data because it will show their incompetence. They know they are ****ed this round and are hoping the feds hit back with their version of an AWB. Data isn't always your friend.
Hope so. It wouldn't be the first time. Freedom Week likely never would have happened if Gavin just left the existing magazine acquisition ban alone, instead of pushing his Prop 63.
Old 03-03-2021, 2:10 PM

Shhhhishhhhh. Let them push the pendulum too far.

It’d be nice to get an excuse for SCOTUS to correctly rule as unconstitutional the restrictions codified in the NFA, GCA, and FOPA.

EDIT to add: No, that’d be hell in the interim but the end result of a stronger 2A would be nice.

Last edited by Silence Dogood; 03-03-2021 at 2:14 PM..
Old 03-05-2021, 8:23 AM

Is the decision more likely to come down on a Friday than any other day like the last two from Saint Benetiz? Maybe even late late Friday given the shenanigans where they found a judge at 930pm on a Friday night.

Or is there no strategy in publishing his decision?

Just curious how close I need to follow the thread. I'd hate to only have 30 mins and miss the window if there is one.
Old 03-05-2021, 8:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyWatcher View Post
Is the decision more likely to come down on a Friday than any other day like the last two from Saint Benetiz? Maybe even late late Friday given the shenanigans where they found a judge at 930pm on a Friday night.

Or is there no strategy in publishing his decision?

Just curious how close I need to follow the thread. I'd hate to only have 30 mins and miss the window if there is one.
I'm sure he will utilize *some* strategy in timing is ruling (In Duncan, for example, I'm sure it wasn't a cooincidence that his PI was issued 2 days before the law would have taken effect), but there's no way to know.

I know everyone here (myself included) wants to believe that this case is the TOP priority for him, and that all his attention should be focused on this until it's done. But that's probably not reality. I'm sure he's also working on other things that might take priority.

Patience; the ruling will come, but not before it's ready. And I'm sure the read will be well worth the wait.