Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 76 8.11%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 632 67.45%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 20 2.13%
I paid too much for my Membership! 44 4.70%
They will go out of business this year! 22 2.35%
Don't want anything to do with them! 143 15.26%
Voters: 937. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2019, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
I just got home
Me too, after a side trip to Fresno for a wrestling tournament. It was nice to meet you, rodralig, and thanks for the button.

I was on range 21 for Tactical Handgun and Range 14 Squad 1 for Advanced Tactical Handgun.

Some comments:
  • Knee and elbow pads are a must, especially for advanced tactics
  • Instructor Tim Rotherham was an absolute crackup in ATHG, hilarious, challenging, intense and fun
  • To get the most out of the class, be ready to run, slide, hit the ground, roll over etc.

Great couple of classes. Whew, I'm tired.
Old 06-02-2019, 9:40 PM

Wow, a lot of us on 14/15 for ATH. I was also on 18 for TH
Old 06-02-2019, 9:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Agree. For reasons I don't understand, students in FS classes tend to be much more sociable. I attended another school last month in SoCal and the students stay in their own cliques. The local club guys only mingle with themselves, the city PD guys hung out in their own corner and don't talk much, the CHP guys have their own group (and don't even interact much with the PD guys) etc. It was very uncomfortable trying to break into their little groups.

In FS, you'd be talking, sharing and joking with some strangers only to find out later what they actually do. I have only run into a few standoffs at FS. Not sure why that is. Maybe because people tend to come to FS by themselves or in small groups that they tend to welcome strangers?

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:52 AM

One thing that is generally a minor annoyance (but I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed as I go back to Front Sight each time) is the amateur coach dynamic that pops up every so often. Specifically, your line partner who is on the opposite relay feeling like they need to give their two cents on every aspect of every exercise and each shot. I get it that some people do this with a sense of helpfulness, but sometimes, it becomes a bit much and I find myself choosing my words to diplomatically to get them to shut the F up.

I get it, if I'm doing something unsafe, please bring it to my attention. If I'm doing something obviously incorrect and don't seem to be aware of it, by all means, bring it to my attention. But, tell me something after every rep of every exercise such as to shift my feet a few centimeters and to relax my shoulders a bit and to try being more fluid with my trigger press and to do my after action drills slightly differently than I do them, for Christ's sake.....shut up. By the way, this happens in ATHG, where all students have DG'd, I'm not talking about tips being given to complete beginners.

I don't mean to make this sounds like huge problem or anything, just an annoyance that seems particular to FS. I've had "that guy" several times at FS, but never at any of the many classes I've been to. Anyway....
Old 06-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like you need to go with a partner to front sight rather than getting the luck of the draw.
Totally understand what you are saying as I had to listen to two guys next to me do that to each other the whole weekend.
Old 06-03-2019, 1:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotting View Post
One thing that is generally a minor annoyance (but I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed as I go back to Front Sight each time) is the amateur coach dynamic that pops up every so often. Specifically, your line partner who is on the opposite relay feeling like they need to give their two cents on every aspect of every exercise and each shot. I get it that some people do this with a sense of helpfulness, but sometimes, it becomes a bit much and I find myself choosing my words to diplomatically to get them to shut the F up.

I get it, if I'm doing something unsafe, please bring it to my attention. If I'm doing something obviously incorrect and don't seem to be aware of it, by all means, bring it to my attention. But, tell me something after every rep of every exercise such as to shift my feet a few centimeters and to relax my shoulders a bit and to try being more fluid with my trigger press and to do my after action drills slightly differently than I do them, for Christ's sake.....shut up. By the way, this happens in ATHG, where all students have DG'd, I'm not talking about tips being given to complete beginners.

I don't mean to make this sounds like huge problem or anything, just an annoyance that seems particular to FS. I've had "that guy" several times at FS, but never at any of the many classes I've been to. Anyway....
Never have thought going to the coach-pupil setup at Front Sight was an improvement. I think having adequate staff on hand to run the training like the beginning was a large improvement.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Old 06-03-2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:

For me it all depends on who (or how good) your partner is. If my partner is a HCM, then happy to take tips on getting on target faster or some setting my index correctly. However, if it is a guy that is having trouble doing the drills, I don't want that help. With the standard disclaimer of if I am doing something unsafe, by all means speak up. I am also aware, that shooters can also find stuff they see (to help) but may not be able to do themselves. But I fully agree that after every exercise.... c'mon and let me just shoot.

BTW, it is also very telling about how those folks shoot when cold. Shooting cold is the true test of a skill. Not after you had 100 rounds to get warmed up to a drill. In FS terms you can see this first thing in the morning or after lunch. Sometimes you can see it after a break or after a lecture.
Old 06-03-2019, 9:40 PM

if someone is obviously struggling or being unsafe, I'll be a very serious coach. The rest of the time I chalk it up to the person just needing trigger time on their own to ingrain the fundamentals.

I am very impressed when a FS instructor comes in, changes one small thing about the person who is struggling, and all of a sudden the student is shooting 70% better. "Holy f---, how did they see that?"
Old 06-05-2019, 11:26 PM
CGN Contributor

I received an interesting email yesterday. It wasn't a sales pitch from Iggy like we always receive. It's from Karsten Beutnagel and it the describes the changes to the PR program.

Quote:
I noticed it has been a while since you participated in our Precision Rifle program, so I wanted to take the opportunity to update you on some of the exciting changes we have made.

Almost 2 years ago we started offering our 1-Day Precision Rifle Fundamentals Class that takes place in our classroom. Close to 1000 students have taken the class, and the feedback has been very positive. As part of the class, you now can get a hands-on experience with the Applied Ballistics powered Kestrel. The Kestrel combines sophisticated environmental sensing features with long-range shooting ballistics information in one hand-held device. If you haven't yet, we highly recommend you take this class.

Our 4-Day Precision Rifle class now offers a great deal more individual instruction by our specially trained instructors. Also, training Kestrels are now available for your use during the class. You will also get a basic introduction into Precision Rifle match-style shooting by shooting steel swingers under time pressure. In order to better measure your progress and ensure optimum individual training, we have added an intermediate skills test at the 400 yard line on the afternoon of Day 2. For more details please consult the course description on our website.

In addition we are now offering a 1-Day Precision Rifle Skill Builder designed to give you an opportunity to shoot at 500 yards and beyond after confirming your 100 yard zero. You will not only dial your turrets for your firing solution but will practice holdovers more extensively. We are also excited to announce that the Precision Rifle Skill Builder will become a 2-day class starting in January 2020, which will allow us to add even more instruction and shooting.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in one of our Precision Rifle classes.

For any questions you may have regarding these courses, please contact me.
Old 06-06-2019, 6:31 AM
Veteran Member

I think with the addition of the marksman course it has really slowed the flow of new students into precision rifle. As there has been less than a dozen DG the course from the first of this year.

Not a knock on the program. More a look at how poorly many of the shooters do in basic marksmanship.
Old 06-06-2019, 6:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
I think with the addition of the marksman course it has really slowed the flow of new students into precision rifle. As there has been less than a dozen DG the course from the first of this year.

Not a knock on the program. More a look at how poorly many of the shooters do in basic marksmanship.
I reject the notion that a limited number of marksmanship participants have succeeded shows how poorly they would do in the precision class. The marksmanship class has been evolving since its inception, with FS trying to make the course as difficult as possible. The instructors in my recent class admitted they set the class up to keep the DG rate low.

Personally I feel that the skills needed to graduate the marksmanship class isn't directly relatable to the precision class, as one class has you shooting from different positions with and without support, while the other is shooting from a completely prone and supported position.

I think the marksmanship class is great but let's not compare apples and oranges here...
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." - Josef Stalin
Old 06-06-2019, 7:03 PM
Veteran Member

I would agree with you the course is set up to slow the amount of students into precision rifle. The course is tough, that said I have seen plenty of folks with some high end rigs and scopes having difficulty hitting the targets consistently in good conditions. Throw in a 10 mile an hour cross wind and they are toast. More to the point (and I am glad people are there to learn and improve like we all are doing) but that folks coming in are really struggling with the course and lack basic skills even coming in.

I do think that people would do better if they prepared, shot their rifles rather than having new off the rack, and had their rifle zeroed to start with. There is now more than enough info about the class out there that people can prepare for it very well before day one, otherwise they are playing catch up the whole time.

I disagree that the basic skills are not relatable but in some cases more real world than precision rifle. To each their own.
Old 06-06-2019, 7:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
if someone is obviously struggling or being unsafe, I'll be a very serious coach. The rest of the time I chalk it up to the person just needing trigger time on their own to ingrain the fundamentals.

I am very impressed when a FS instructor comes in, changes one small thing about the person who is struggling, and all of a sudden the student is shooting 70% better. "Holy f---, how did they see that?"
This exact thing happened in one of my advanced handgun classes. Many people were struggling with the singe shot to the ocular cavity. The instructor stopped the regular program, and took about 15 minutes to walk everyone back through the process of focusing hard on the front sight.

For many of us in the class, it really made an immediate difference. It really restored my confidence and made the class that much better.

Another example of why I believe Front Sight is an excellent place to go for training, at any price.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." - Josef Stalin
Old 06-07-2019, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscoduc View Post
This exact thing happened in one of my advanced handgun classes. Many people were struggling with the singe shot to the ocular cavity. The instructor stopped the regular program, and took about 15 minutes to walk everyone back through the process of focusing hard on the front sight.

For many of us in the class, it really made an immediate difference. It really restored my confidence and made the class that much better.

Another example of why I believe Front Sight is an excellent place to go for training, at any price.

A true instructor with the students ahead of everything else - nice to hear that!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 8:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

I do think that people would do better if they prepared, shot their rifles rather than having new off the rack, and had their rifle zeroed to start with. There is now more than enough info about the class out there that people can prepare for it very well before day one, otherwise they are playing catch up the whole time.
It is interesting that you can attend this marksmanship class without any basic firearm handling or basic rifle handling requirements. We had a couple of people in the class who had never been to Front Sight, or ever taken a basic rifle class.

Not that the instructors weren't helpful, there was much less instruction to students in this class than any of the other classes I have attended at Front Sight.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It is interesting that you can attend this marksmanship class without any basic firearm handling or basic rifle handling requirements. We had a couple of people in the class who had never been to Front Sight, or ever taken a basic rifle class.

Not that the instructors weren't helpful, there was much less instruction to students in this class than any of the other classes I have attended at Front Sight.
I am surprised they allow that.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Old 06-07-2019, 4:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I think the basics teaching (firearm parts, malfunction clearances, etc.) really took away precious time that can be spent on marksmanship instead. Natural point of aim, respiratory pause, holdover, etc. Also wish they’d allow us to adjust our scope turrets too.

I prefer they’d make the 2 Day Practical Rifle a prerequisite to Rifle Marksmanship.

Old 06-07-2019, 5:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
I think the basics teaching (firearm parts, malfunction clearances, etc.) really took away precious time that can be spent on marksmanship instead. Natural point of aim, respiratory pause, holdover, etc. Also wish they’d allow us to adjust our scope turrets too.

I prefer they’d make the 2 Day Practical Rifle a prerequisite to Rifle Marksmanship.

It's strange to hear the different experiences in the class. I was allowed to adjust my turrets, though they continued to recommend just using hold over.

I had an el-cheapo Nikon P-223 scope and was pleasantly surprised at how consistent the adjustments were between the distances... I just assumed the scope would not track correctly, but turns out it worked just fine...

Old 06-07-2019, 7:18 PM
Veteran Member

Beanz
I see it the other way. They should require marksman but just a graduate to hit practice rifle. Learn the basics then get into speed and shorter distances.
Old 06-08-2019, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBos View Post
Me too, after a side trip to Fresno for a wrestling tournament. It was nice to meet you, rodralig, and thanks for the button.
Nice meeting you as well. And cheers on the CalGuns button!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBos View Post
I was on range 21 for Tactical Handgun and Range 14 Squad 1 for Advanced Tactical Handgun.
During sign-in, the RM I had during the 4DHG was at the window. I asked to be assigned to range #16 (where my THG RM was going to be in)...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
For me it all depends on who (or how good) your partner is. If my partner is a HCM, then happy to take tips on getting on target faster or some setting my index correctly. However, if it is a guy that is having trouble doing the drills, I don't want that help. With the standard disclaimer of if I am doing something unsafe, by all means speak up. I am also aware, that shooters can also find stuff they see (to help) but may not be able to do themselves. But I fully agree that after every exercise.... c'mon and let me just shoot.
I got that once in the 4DHG when my Wife was sick on day #3 and I didn't have a partner... I got a little in the beginning of THG (yeah, because I didn't know what SUL was); and absolutely none in ATHG.

Of course, I received several feedback from the instructors - which is what I wanted, and what I appreciate. Definitely marked them in my notebook as "take-aways."

That said - my solution? Shoot better than the other person - tighter groups, make the precision hits, faster draws and splits, smooth and fast gun handling...

Personally, unless if it were a safety violation or if requested for it, I don't say anything. Of course, applauding them for exceptional shooting is a given.

Hhhmmmm... Ah, as I review my notes - I am reminded of the afternoon of day #1 in THG, after the targets were refreshed... For some reason, we found that there were more targets than shooters, so, my partner and I chose to use different targets. This allowed me in the drills thereafter to be more focused on accuracy rather than speed - getting a very tight group in the thoracic cavity. I liked the look of my target!

However, while I was taking a break, a shooter on the opposite relay but two targets to my right took a couple of LONG tape and PLASTERED my entire target corner to corner (ruining the nice clump of tape in the center of my target)!?! I saw what he did, but didn't say a thing - in spite of me confused on what his reasons were, I decided not to approach him about it. I came to FS to learn/traing and not to cause a ruckus. But, still, am confused on why he did that... *sigh* What would you have done?

_
Old 06-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Beanz
I see it the other way. They should require marksman but just a graduate to hit practice rifle. Learn the basics then get into speed and shorter distances.
From the few who received "Graduate" on the Rifle Marksmanship course I took, if that were the prerequisite, Practical Rifle would then have very low attendance.

Whatever. I just think the basics part of Marksmanship course very time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
Hhhmmmm... Ah, as I review my notes - I am reminded of the afternoon of day #1 in THG, after the targets were refreshed... For some reason, we found that there were more targets than shooters, so, my partner and I chose to use different targets. This allowed me in the drills thereafter to be more focused on accuracy rather than speed - getting a very tight group in the thoracic cavity. I liked the look of my target!

However, while I was taking a break, a shooter on the opposite relay but two targets to my right took a couple of LONG tape and PLASTERED my entire target corner to corner (ruining the nice clump of tape in the center of my target)!?! I saw what he did, but didn't say a thing - in spite of me confused on what his reasons were, I decided not to approach him about it. I came to FS to learn/traing and not to cause a ruckus. But, still, am confused on why he did that... *sigh* What would you have done?

_
That is some chicken sh__. Was it windy and maybe your target was coming off the board? I'd still just tape the edges and not over the middle.

Were those guys kidding around and just giving you a hard time the whole time? If they were, I'd shoot their target a few times and make sure your shots land on the white, if you can get away with it

If they were just giving you jealous cold stares, I'd try extra hard to make my next shots land even closer on my target to irritate them some more. Maybe even make a small black square on the target with a name tag sharpie and just shoot that

Old 06-09-2019, 1:08 PM

Speaking of name tags, at the end of ath my RMs wrote their names on tags and posted it up for all to see. Is that new? Haven't seen it before, made it very convenient to know who was who
Old 06-09-2019, 7:38 PM

I always thought FS should have names and pictures of staff posted on their website....
Old 06-09-2019, 7:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Generic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_G22 View Post
I always thought FS should have names and pictures of staff posted on their website....
I don’t know how it is today, but FS use to be concerned with instructors getting a big fan base. You should get the same burger from any McDonald’s....

Err
You should be able to get the same level of instruction from any FS instructor or range master.

We know this is not true as all teachers speak a bit differently and pick up student issues differently.

Having instructors name/ faces/ social media might make the instructor more able to break off and form their own school.

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-11-2019, 8:12 AM

Default President, again

New offer this morning. Well, not really, just a rehash of an old offer. For those of you that missed the President of Front Sight, well, for the modest price of $1995 you can get private training. Add more guests for $1000 each. The normal stuff, hat, pin, name on the statue, guns & ammo, apply. Along with the "Exchange in Abundance" stuff of some certs, some tbd memberships and matching points.

If you missed it the first 180 times it was offered now is your chance.
Old 06-11-2019, 8:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Dangit, FS won’t let me sign up for Practical Rifle skill builder. They said I must have taken Practical Rifle within the past two years. I DGed my Last Practical Rifle in 2016, and got a G on my Rifle Marksmanship class in January. I tried to argue that we go through the same safety briefings during Marksmanship but they said it was no go.

Quote:
New offer this morning. Well, not really, just a rehash of an old offer. For those of you that missed the President of Front Sight, well, for the modest price of $1995 you can get private training. Add more guests for $1000 each. The normal stuff, hat, pin, name on the statue, guns & ammo, apply. Along with the "Exchange in Abundance" stuff of some certs, some tbd memberships and matching points.

Maybe one last attempt before he drops the price?

Old 06-11-2019, 9:34 AM

Quote:

I'm waiting for that champion one to come out again. Credits, guns, memberships, some other kind(s) of upgrades, and supposedly in 5 years he gives you the money back?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM

Wink

Maybe the $995 offer will be next.
Old 06-11-2019, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Maybe the $995 offer will be next.
Personally, I would wait for another name your deal offer. Where you tell Dr.P. what you want and how much you want to pay. That was the best deal he ever offered since the deals were all private between just the two of you.
Old 06-12-2019, 1:45 PM

How about $29 and they promise to only send 1 email a month?
Old 06-13-2019, 6:51 AM

Default 2 Year Requirement

Quote:
Dangit, FS won’t let me sign up for Practical Rifle skill builder. They said I must have taken Practical Rifle within the past two years. I DGed my Last Practical Rifle in 2016, and got a G on my Rifle Marksmanship class in January. I tried to argue that we go through the same safety briefings during Marksmanship but they said it was no go.

So I'm just starting to bump up on the 2 year requirement issue. To sign up for a rifle skillbuilder, can it be within 2 years of your last Rifle skillbuilder or must it be 2 years from the last 2/4 day Practical Rifle course?
Old 06-13-2019, 8:55 AM

My understanding is every time you take a skill builder class it resets the clock and you are good for another two years.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAllen View Post
My understanding is every time you take a skill builder class it resets the clock and you are good for another two years.
What about if you stick to the courses beyond skill builders? Does FS make you cycle through skill builders on the regular even if you do ATH, HCM, long gun tactical, etc one or twice a year?

Skill builders are too basic (for me) to warrant a trip to FS. It's like paying to go back to 1st grade
Old 06-13-2019, 2:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What about if you stick to the courses beyond skill builders? Does FS make you cycle through skill builders on the regular even if you do ATH, HCM, long gun tactical, etc one or twice a year?

Skill builders are too basic (for me) to warrant a trip to FS. It's like paying to go back to 1st grade
Agree. I haven't taken HGSB, 4DDHG or 2DDHG for 3+ years now. Been taking THG/ATHG 2-3x a year. I guess if I ever want to take HGSB, they'll make me start over with at least 2DDHG

Old 06-13-2019, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Agree. I haven't taken HGSB, 4DDHG or 2DDHG for 3+ years now. Been taking THG/ATHG 2-3x a year. I guess if I ever want to take HGSB, they'll make me start over with at least 2DDHG
Nah, if they've been letting you do THG/ATHG then you must be current, especially doing it 2-3x a year.

Can anybody speak to the rifle stuff though?
Old 06-13-2019, 9:42 PM

Quote:
What about if you stick to the courses beyond skill builders? Does FS make you cycle through skill builders on the regular even if you do ATH, HCM, long gun tactical, etc one or twice a year
I’d like to know how private training is handled in regards to these time requirements.
Old 06-14-2019, 7:36 AM

Quote:
That is some chicken sh__. Was it windy and maybe your target was coming off the board? I'd still just tape the edges and not over the middle.

Were those guys kidding around and just giving you a hard time the whole time? If they were, I'd shoot their target a few times and make sure your shots land on the white, if you can get away with it
Good morning!

No, there was nothing wrong with the target. And I don't think they were kidding me,etc. because I barely interacted with them... Hence, was thinking what the hell did I do to him...

Quote:
If they were just giving you jealous cold stares, I'd try extra hard to make my next shots land even closer on my target to irritate them some more. Maybe even make a small black square on the target with a name tag sharpie and just shoot that .
Hahahah!!!

I think I had that covered in day #2 when I ran dry in the palm strike step back drill...! When the slide locked back in the first shot of the pair I went into a fast emergency reload and finished off with a pair. He saw that and maybe couldn't help himself, "... Yo! Whew! Saw that...! That was quick...!" I just responded with a "Thank you..."

(*) I don't ilke doing Tactical Reloads in THG/ATHG. I prefer the gun to run dry so I can practice my emergency reloads. Plus, it's FUN!!!

BTW, I got myself a roll of targets. Am intending to dry practice the HCM at home (the most I can do though is 25-yards in my backyard).

Quote:
So lucky you!!! Would love to have that opportunity to take those classes more than once per year. I definitely learned a lot during those 4-days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nszzya View Post
I’d like to know how private training is handled in regards to these time requirements.
Same here... Would like to know how FS handles the private training, although I still have to take one.

That said, one of the HCM in my squad during ATHG suggested that I try the SB class not for the content, but as an opportunity to further push myself in the Skills Test. Would stuff get reset?

Quote:

I don't think the offer ever expired... In spite of several invitations last year with deadlines, etc. (based on the spam, er, notification emails) - the sign-up link had always been ACTIVE. That is how I upgraded my membership - referencing the link from a very ol' email. Unfortunately, I don't know the URL for the $995 offer. I don't remember ever receiving it...

Cheers, and have a good morning ALL!!!

_