Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-08-2018, 2:55 PM

Default RIA MAP1 and MAPP1

Anyone seen these around nowadays? I saw the thread where the MAPP1 FS was roster d/c, and the MAP1 has the roster naming convention nightmare. Saw a few old threads also in the classifieds.

I just picked up the MAPP1 MS and I'm hooked. If you see one in a case somewhere in So Cal (LA, OC, SD), PM me and let me know! If you're thinking of selling, PM me first!

I'm ticked I didn't pick these up sooner.
Old 10-08-2018, 3:00 PM

See this week's Turners Ad.
Only a very few on hand.
Old 10-08-2018, 3:44 PM

Yeah, ad says closeout for the MS...looks like we're not going to see them either.
Old 10-08-2018, 6:41 PM

I got one from the Signal Hill store last Friday. I should have it next Monday, we'll see how it is. I've eben watching a bunch of videos on them lol

Non gun related stuff for sale:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post21917468
Old 10-10-2018, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james89 View Post
I got one from the Signal Hill store last Friday. I should have it next Monday, we'll see how it is. I've eben watching a bunch of videos on them lol
Did you talk shop with them and ask why its a closeout? Wondering if we should ask our resident Calgunner who has a connect with Armscor. Find out wth is going on.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Looks like they're out of stock already

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 10-11-2018, 3:36 PM

As I posted in the Deals, Sales and Coupons section: All of the firearms have been pushed out of the warehouse to the local stores. When they are gone, they are gone (from Turners), because they are closed out. The manager in the store that I spoke to did not know why.

It might be worth calling a few Turner's stores tonight if you are still interested. But, you will have to buy today. (Ad expires tonight.)

I have my suspicions that we will not be seeing more of these given the history on them. Tanfoglio started making them. SAR started making a very similar one (the B6P) for half the store price, and Tanfoglio lost interest. RIA made a deal where they could "finish" the firearms. And lucky for us, they put them on roster so we could buy some in California. It has been very difficult to find either the poly or the steel ones for a long time. Somehow, Turner's got their hands on a bunch. I hope we see more.

I have one of the poly's in jail to match the steel one I already have. The steel one is great. (I can't talk about the poly one yet...) And for the price, a poly at $350 is awesome.

Hey, if I could buy a SAR B6P in California at $250, I would. But since I am not part of the royalty class, I cannot, because it is not on the peasant list.
Old 10-11-2018, 8:45 PM

Well, I got the MS, but wanted the FS and also the steel ones. I've only seen them in a handful of ads.
Old 10-14-2018, 1:07 PM

Just noticed the MAP1 are getting ready to drop off the roster on 01/2019. Anyone have any luck drosing this from out of state with the difference in model numbers (MAP1 vs AP9)?
Old 10-14-2018, 4:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher761 View Post
As I posted in the Deals, Sales and Coupons section: All of the firearms have been pushed out of the warehouse to the local stores. When they are gone, they are gone (from Turners), because they are closed out. The manager in the store that I spoke to did not know why.

It might be worth calling a few Turner's stores tonight if you are still interested. But, you will have to buy today. (Ad expires tonight.)

I have my suspicions that we will not be seeing more of these given the history on them. Tanfoglio started making them. SAR started making a very similar one (the B6P) for half the store price, and Tanfoglio lost interest. RIA made a deal where they could "finish" the firearms. And lucky for us, they put them on roster so we could buy some in California. It has been very difficult to find either the poly or the steel ones for a long time. Somehow, Turner's got their hands on a bunch. I hope we see more.

I have one of the poly's in jail to match the steel one I already have. The steel one is great. (I can't talk about the poly one yet...) And for the price, a poly at $350 is awesome.

Hey, if I could buy a SAR B6P in California at $250, I would. But since I am not part of the royalty class, I cannot, because it is not on the peasant list.
If you find a SAR for a reasonable price buy it. I've had mine for several years and it's one of my favorite guns.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 10-14-2018, 4:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon42 View Post
Just noticed the MAP1 are getting ready to drop off the roster on 01/2019. Anyone have any luck drosing this from out of state with the difference in model numbers (MAP1 vs AP9)?
I have been looking for the steel framed ones for a few years. No luck so far.
Old 10-14-2018, 9:37 PM

Default AP9/MAP1

A few years back when the AP9 to MAP1 name change was still fresh I found one. However, the FFL would only sell it under the MAP1 listing so you had to be exempt. Some CGers reported being able to get one because their FFL used the AP9 designation. This FFL would not. I tried.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^^
Same gun. The reason California ffls did/do not find a way to Dros them is that they are inexpensive guns and not worth the hassle for the little money they would make, nor is it worth the time and effort for RIA. They prolly sell more than they can make in free states.

If they were multiple thousand dollar guns, some one would have looked into a solution.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-15-2018, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidad01 View Post
^^^
Same gun. The reason California ffls did/do not find a way to Dros them is that they are inexpensive guns and not worth the hassle for the little money they would make, nor is it worth the time and effort for RIA. They prolly sell more than they can make in free states.

If they were multiple thousand dollar guns, some one would have looked into a solution.
Just my 2 cents.
They are having a hard time competing against the SAR B6P, as they are similar enough with a retail of $250 or so. The MAP (AKA AP9) goes for about $450.

Sometimes you have to "educate" the FFL and tell them to register it under AP9. When in doubt, have them call their rep from the DOJ/BOF.