Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 02-20-2023, 8:55 PM

Default Glock 19 with Advantage Arm .22 Conversion red dot set up

I hope this helps someone out looking to mount a red dot sight on their advantage arms .22 conversion kit because I spent hours of time and effort trying to figure it all out and what will work. Searching everywhere on you tube and multiple forums was useless and just frustrating. I was able to dig up a little info here and there to figure it out. Neither Glock or Advantage arm ever responded to answer any questions so they were not any help.

First my goal was to buy an inexpensive, light weight red dot to practice with so I wasn't looking into spending $500 for the recommended Trijicon RMR with the recommended mounting plate for a .22. There is a cheaper recommended option, UTG I think brand for $150 with the RMR mounting plate but the reviews were spotty so yes it would have been an easy buy but I wasn't sold on the brand and reviews. 3rd recommendation was the direct fit Holosun SCS at $350. It will co witness with the stock sight. At first I was hoping to mount a Sig Romeo zero because it's a name brand , $129 and super light weight for the .22. Once I figured out the advantage arms and Glock gen 5 had identical MOS cuts I knew the 4 pack of plates that comes with the gen 5 would somehow work. I read Plate 3 fits the Sig Zero but a couple people had to modify the screws to fit and I wasn't into that so I passed on the Sig. I ended up with a Vortex Venom at $250 with the Glock plate #1. The 4 pack of plates can be bought directly from Glock for $20 plus shipping. It did take about 10 days to receive the in stock plates. Advantage arms sells them too for $30. The Vortex so far has been great and the only downside is a manual on button. No shake to wake feature but the Holosun SCS and the Trijicon RMR does for a lot more $$$. It would have been nice but for the more reasonable price and being a target pistol I can live without it. Positive note is the buttons are really easy to tap and turn it on.

Holoson is 1.3 oz
RMR is 1.2 oz.
Vortex is 1.1 oz
I haven't shot the .22 with the other two sights but advantage arms says the weight works with their slide. So far the .22 slide with the Vortex functioned flawlessly with Remington golden bullets.

Glock does sell a couple different MOS mounting plate sets so make sure its the one for the Gen 5. Part number 47338 MOS adapter set 01 nDLC

Hope this helps anyone with the advantage arms .22 slide. I also posted a photo so I can prove it's mounted cleanly and not duct tapped on. (sorry for the sideways photo but you get the idea) I did not co witness the sights on the .22. Those are the stock sights and will not work with any mounting plates installed. FYI I bought the G19 and conversion slide from riflegear.com. Super fast shipping and the better prices out there. They were a recommendation from someone here at Calguns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2023-02-07 20.48.06.jpg (83.5 KB, 39 views)
pcatania@golyon.com
www.KarenAndPaul.com

Last edited by Sigster; 03-07-2023 at 7:20 AM..
Old 02-21-2023, 8:14 AM
Veteran Member

Nice, I have to try this with my AA upper

Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

"If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"