Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 08-15-2019, 5:26 PM

Default Is this a good price for a Non-Resident Utah CCW class?

Saw an ad in my Facebook feed for an upcoming Utah Non-Resident CCW class. I never thought about taking one before but now that I know there's a class located really close to me I'm thinking about it. The class is $139.99 and there's an additional $63.25 I'd have to pay in FBI background and Utah non-resident fees so the grand total would be $203.24. The class includes paperwork, passport quality photo, a copy of my CA Driver’s License, and fingerprinting service so I'd leave the class not having to do anything else...

So is $203.24 total out of pocket expenses on par with the going rate for this type of service or are there better deals out there that I'm not aware of?
Old 08-15-2019, 8:41 PM

GunKraft, with classes at San Leandro Rifle is $75 + $15 for the Utah fingerprint card. The Utah fee is $63.25. Add $20 for the passport photo (AAA). Total $173.25. The class is also good for Florida and Arizona, but there is a range fee for Florida and separate fingerprint fee if you want Arizona. Florida requires a law-enforcement agency to do the printing.
The class and instructor are very good.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeflyer View Post
GunKraft, with classes at San Leandro Rifle is $75 + $15 for the Utah fingerprint card. The Utah fee is $63.25. Add $20 for the passport photo (AAA). Total $173.25. The class is also good for Florida and Arizona, but there is a range fee for Florida and separate fingerprint fee if you want Arizona. Florida requires a law-enforcement agency to do the printing.
The class and instructor are very good.
Thanks for sharing the info! San Leandro isn’t much further from me so it’s good to know. I guess I’ll need to do more research on options in the area...
Old 08-16-2019, 12:51 AM

Check out LAX Ammo for inexpensive UT CCW classes.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMaverick View Post
Saw an ad in my Facebook feed for an upcoming Utah Non-Resident CCW class. I never thought about taking one before but now that I know there's a class located really close to me I'm thinking about it. The class is $139.99 and there's an additional $63.25 I'd have to pay in FBI background and Utah non-resident fees so the grand total would be $203.24. The class includes paperwork, passport quality photo, a copy of my CA Driver’s License, and fingerprinting service so I'd leave the class not having to do anything else...

So is $203.24 total out of pocket expenses on par with the going rate for this type of service or are there better deals out there that I'm not aware of?
Sounds like you are looking at ASDI (Armed Self-Defense Institute). They are expensive and from out of state. Depending on where you are located in the east bay, I am teaching one in Modesto tomorrow afternoon. The Calguns price is $75. Fingerprints are done on site for $20. All you need after the class is a passport photo ($5 at Costco) and a copy of your license. You end up paying $163.25 once you factor in the Utah fees.

Even if you cannot make my class, I would recommend going somewhere more inexpensive. I will also likely be teaching one in Pleasanton next month.

Utah CCW
Handgun 101
NRA Basic Pistol
Private Instruction

Classes are held statewide

www.whitesofeyes.com
(209) 330-3900