Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 04-16-2019, 8:44 PM
Banned

Default STI 2011s for duty and off duty

How has your experiences been with STIs 2011 while practicing/ training at range and carrying. Since several agencies have approved this duty weapon and many more big agencies about to approve there officers/deputies/agents to carry.
Thought I make this thread to share everyone’s pros and cons for this weapon including sharing duty set up gear, off duty set up gear. What works and doesn’t work etc.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have heard that the STI in 9mm with 23 round magazine is the cat's meow
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.
Old 04-17-2019, 1:15 PM

I work with 2 people that carry them for duty. They love them. One guy put 500 rounds though his without cleaning and had no malfunctions or issues. I think standard 1911 holsters will work with some very minor modifications too.

Price has been one of the main obstacles for me, but I guess STI offers an LE discount so the final price is somewhere around 1700. If you buy extra mags at the same time you buy the gun I think they give you mags for around $30, as opposed to $80 or whatever they normally charge.
Old 04-17-2019, 1:16 PM

I carried an Infinity .45acp. For range use it was fine, but for duty it was too heavy. I went back to a single stack.
Old 04-17-2019, 1:17 PM

Sorry I should clarify...I'm talking about the Staccato P.
Old 04-24-2019, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp700 View Post
Sorry I should clarify...I'm talking about the Staccato P.

Hey bro not sure if you’re still looking for info, but...

I carry the Staccato P w/ surefire X300U in a Longs Shadow Holster.

Price from STI was $1780, mags are $30 upon initial purchase and my holster was $220, but it’s slick, I love it.

The gun is a wet dream. I put the first 900 rounds of cheap Walmart ammo (mix of steel and brass case) without any cleaning/lubrication whatsoever, just pulled out of the box and shot. I’m at roughly 1200 rounds with zero malfunctions. I do have a slight paint wear on the sides of the rear sight. Safety engagement is super crisp, trigger is perfect and the reset is amazing. Blacked out rear/fiber optic front sights are perfect (even for me a graveyard guy.)

I actually had them send me the DVC grip as well, I prefer the look of it, but switched back to the staccato barkskin type, it’s provides more grip.

Anyways, I know I looked all over for info that was not a paid review so I’d figure I’d give you some feedback. Bottom line, the thing is tits. I love it. If you can spare the $$, you cannot go wrong. An Omni is now on the list of **** I don’t need but must have...

If you order call and ask for Buck, prior USMC and head of LEO sales he’ll set you straight. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any q’s about it, I’m the second guy in the dept with one and now folks know about it there’s gonna be more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2019, 9:27 PM

I've carried my STI Tactical 5.0 on duty for the past two years.

When I bought the pistol I put it through my version of a torture test before choosing to trust it for patrol use . I put 1,000 rounds of range ammo through the pistol without cleaning or any additional lube other than what STI shipped with the gun. The gun passed with flying colors but I had to send two of the OEM magazines back to STI as they were not feeding or locking the slide back when empty.

After STI sent me replacement mags I confirmed they functioned properly and began carrying the gun on duty.

The gun runs like a dream and has been a joy to shoot and carry at work. After shooting my gun several guys at work purchased their own and we now have several dudes carrying STI's. I've got nothing but great things to say about the guns so buy with confidence!