Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 06-14-2018, 1:57 PM

Default N82 holsters are the best holster iv ever had.

N82tactical.com

So first and foremost I am just a customer of these folks and have to leave a review just because they make an excellent product and when I contacted them about a modification I did to make it fit my needs, they had great customer service and was willing to send me out other options for me to check out free of charge! You can’t beat quality and customer service like that!

I was a previous customer of there original holsters but after seeing reports of people shooting themselves with soft holsters or guns coming out when doing backflips, I decided to go a route with more retention.

Much to my surprise they now offered a kydex version as well as a “professional” version which is a unique retention system that requires the firearm be pulled out at an angle to release the firearm.

After a short discussion with their customer service, They told me they had a 30 day gaurentee so if I didn’t like their professional version, I could exchange it for the kydex version at no cost. Wow awesome offer!

Well I didn’t feel like having to go through the hassle of testing it out and returning and waiting for the kydex if I didn’t like the angle retention system so I just went with the kydex version.

Their holsters have a leather/felt backing that protects the wearer from being dug into by the grip of the gun or any other sharp corners, this is the main reason I went with their holsters. I’m chubby so when my extra parts are being pressed against a piece of metal, it doesn’t feel good. (If you are skinny I doubt this is an issue but I have no experience in that area)

So today my holster comes in and while I absolutely love the kydex on their leather/felt backing, the belt clip is plastic and didn’t have enough bite into my belt/pants.

I proceeded to swap the metal belt clip from their old holster onto their new one by drilling a hole into it and mounting. Works great except the holster sits a little higher than designed but still not a big deal at all since iv now got a holster that works exactly as I want it to.

I sent them a photo saying it’s great and with a little modification it’s perfect and they responded by telling me they have a metal clip with a hole in it exactly for this application. I told them I was interested and they asked me what my order number was and offered to send out the new hardware for free!!!

I am beyond pleased with their stuff and their customer service and highly recommend them for any IWB holster. I will only buy their stuff for IWB needs.

Last edited by caliguy93; 06-14-2018 at 2:13 PM..
Old 06-14-2018, 2:02 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
...I’m chubby so when my extra parts are being pressed against a piece of metal, it doesn’t feel good.