Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 02-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Both my holsters had sharp edges that would scrape my frame and slide each time. Probably won't buy from him again as there are e-bay sellers that list for under $30 shipped and come with a separate mag holder.

Definitely not a bad holster for the money, but could use more attention to detail. Hope this helps.

WTB used AK MFER.
Old 02-10-2017, 7:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Has anyone who ordered between December 3 and 10 received a shipment notification? Their "update" indicated orders between that period would ship by tomorrow. I'll probably file a PayPal dispute if no shipping info is provided within the next week or so.
Old 02-10-2017, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Has anyone who ordered between December 3 and 10 received a shipment notification? Their "update" indicated orders between that period would ship by tomorrow. I'll probably file a PayPal dispute if no shipping info is provided within the next week or so.
I think you have missed the deadline to file a dispute already.
Old 02-10-2017, 7:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I received mine today. I ordered on 11/30. It appears they forgot about me until I emailed them. Then they cranked it out.

Some of the edges are still sharp. Most of the edges are good. I think he's missing stuff trying to crank out so many so fast.

One of the 2 holsters doesn't want to let go of the gun.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 02-10-2017 at 9:28 PM..
Old 02-10-2017, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
I received mine today. I ordered on 11/30. It appears they forgot about me until I emailed them. Then they cranked it out.

Some of the edges are still sharp. Others are good. I think he's missing stuff trying to crank out so many so fast.

One of the 2 holsters doesn't want to let go of the gun.
Figures quality control would go down the drain if he's trying to just crank them out now.

Also sounds like if you inquire about your order, then he feels compelled to rush the job and people are getting shotty quality.
Old 02-10-2017, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

I emailed him twice asking for status and I have not gotten a response. I will just call my visa and dispute the charge tmrw. If he's going to ignore me and be 60 days behind I'm over it. Especially if quality is already going down hill.
Old 02-10-2017, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL221 View Post
I think you have missed the deadline to file a dispute already.
Really?!?! Balls.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:02 PM

He told me I would receive a tracking number last Friday, never got it. I ordered 12-2 and they were supposed to ship out Monday. I'm a very understanding person but it's old now.
Old 02-11-2017, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloP View Post
He told me I would receive a tracking number last Friday, never got it. I ordered 12-2 and they were supposed to ship out Monday. I'm a very understanding person but it's old now.
This.......
Old 02-11-2017, 4:58 PM

I ordered my on 11/30 and I received mine last week. I new going in that it was a "one man show", so I was prepared for a long wait.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:52 PM

Ordered 12/7. Not a peep as to order status or shipping info yet. I expected a delay, sure - just not a delay of over two months to fulfill an order marketed for Christmas delivery. My hat is off to the guy for not throwing in the towel and canceling orders but at some point as a consumer your patience wears thin, especially when you've already parted ways with your money. Regardless of the quality of the product when it does arrive (which I now have reservations about), I think I'm done ordering from these sorts of one-man operations for a while, or at least this particular vendor.
Old 02-19-2017, 6:17 PM

Still waiting.. I got tracking number last week but it hasn't been shipped yet...
Old 02-21-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
2/17/17
Still putting out holsters every single day. We had a death in the family right after I posted the last update. This was a tough loss for me. The reason I am telling my customers this information is so they know why I am behind the schedule I posted. I really hate to sound like a broken record, or that I am making excuses. I know I am seriously behind on these orders, but I am determined to not let anything stop me from completing this mission. Back to making holsters now. Thanks for understanding and being patient.
Found on his Contact Us page on his website
Old 02-21-2017, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjfung10 View Post
I guess I won't be seeing mine for another 3 months..
Old 02-21-2017, 2:19 PM

Quote:
I guess I won't be seeing mine for another 3 months..
I ordered 12/9....so 5 months for me?

Last edited by Chokoloso; 02-21-2017 at 2:25 PM..
Old 02-22-2017, 3:49 AM

Ordered 12-2 and mine was delivered 2-11 if this helps. Nice holster for the wait and price.
Old 03-10-2017, 4:18 AM

Anyone get their orders from 12/10 and up? Emailed him a few days ago and no response. I think I might just give up. Is it too late for a PayPal dispute?
Old 03-10-2017, 6:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar View Post
Anyone get their orders from 12/10 and up? Emailed him a few days ago and no response. I think I might just give up. Is it too late for a PayPal dispute?
I ordered mine on 12/10 but haven't heard anything. I also haven't emailed him and wasn't planning on doing so until May or June, since I'm in no real hurry for this holster.

Plus, from what I've been reading from other posts, when people have inquired about their orders and the guy has gotten back to them saying that he will get it made and shipped out asap, the work and quality has been shotty and you can tell it was rushed.

I'm not going to worry about losing $25 as I accepted that going into this when I made my purchase back on 12/10, knowing that the price for the quality seemed too good to be true, but I wanted to see how it would turn out. I'm curious to see how the end product will turn out, and I'll then give my opinion on it at that time.
Old 03-10-2017, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
I ordered mine on 12/10 but haven't heard anything. I also haven't emailed him and wasn't planning on doing so until May or June, since I'm in no real hurry for this holster.

Plus, from what I've been reading from other posts, when people have inquired about their orders and the guy has gotten back to them saying that he will get it made and shipped out asap, the work and quality has been shotty and you can tell it was rushed.

I'm not going to worry about losing $25 as I accepted that going into this when I made my purchase back on 12/10, knowing that the price for the quality seemed too good to be true, but I wanted to see how it would turn out. I'm curious to see how the end product will turn out, and I'll then give my opinion on it at that time.
3/2/17:

Well I have been kinda overrun with emails this week so I think an update is due. I will still be emailing everyone back but its taking me a couple days. The more time I spend on emails is less time producing holsters.

To clear up a question asked a lot about the schedule posted below. Yes, I am running behind the schedule below. By at least a couple weeks. This was due to a death in the family that was very hard on my fiance' and I. I apologize for having to extend production again. I cant give every single person an exact date because I do these in big batches. The batches are usually weapon model specific, and it sometimes puts things out of order slightly. I will still be sending them out as close to the order they were received as possible. I do not plan to take any longer than the month of March. By then all the holsters will be shipped.

Also, if you have been sent a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number. Your holster has either been shipped and or delivered, or it is about to ship. I print shipping labels in bigger batches so I am can get it done faster. Sometimes it may be a few days or more before its 100% done, left the building, and in the mail.

Thanks to the 99% percent of you that have been so patient with me. I value you all a great deal and have made my dreams of being able to work from home, around my family, a reality. Thank you!

I realize this is a long time to be waiting on a order off the internet. If anyone is concerned about it being worth it, I encourage them to check out the reviews on the website. They are all good reviews and people are saying its worth the wait. In the future i will be having another sale that is pre-made, in stock inventory, ready to ship. I want to ensure this will never happen again.

As always, please if you have any other questions or concerns email me

__________________________________________________ _________

Ordered mine 12/20. Still waiting. I emailed him once and he was responsive at least, so I'm not afraid of stealing my $25. It's a bit unfortunate that he accepted a ton of orders and is fulfilling them months late, but I can understand the growing pains of a small business... I hope he shows his appreciation to us by offering a coupon or something. I could use a mag pouch to go with this holster (if it doesn't take another 3 months)
Old 03-10-2017, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjojjojoe View Post
3/2/17:

Well I have been kinda overrun with emails this week so I think an update is due. I will still be emailing everyone back but its taking me a couple days. The more time I spend on emails is less time producing holsters.

To clear up a question asked a lot about the schedule posted below. Yes, I am running behind the schedule below. By at least a couple weeks. This was due to a death in the family that was very hard on my fiance' and I. I apologize for having to extend production again. I cant give every single person an exact date because I do these in big batches. The batches are usually weapon model specific, and it sometimes puts things out of order slightly. I will still be sending them out as close to the order they were received as possible. I do not plan to take any longer than the month of March. By then all the holsters will be shipped.

Also, if you have been sent a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number. Your holster has either been shipped and or delivered, or it is about to ship. I print shipping labels in bigger batches so I am can get it done faster. Sometimes it may be a few days or more before its 100% done, left the building, and in the mail.

Thanks to the 99% percent of you that have been so patient with me. I value you all a great deal and have made my dreams of being able to work from home, around my family, a reality. Thank you!

I realize this is a long time to be waiting on a order off the internet. If anyone is concerned about it being worth it, I encourage them to check out the reviews on the website. They are all good reviews and people are saying its worth the wait. In the future i will be having another sale that is pre-made, in stock inventory, ready to ship. I want to ensure this will never happen again.

As always, please if you have any other questions or concerns email me

__________________________________________________ _________

Ordered mine 12/20. Still waiting. I emailed him once and he was responsive at least, so I'm not afraid of stealing my $25. It's a bit unfortunate that he accepted a ton of orders and is fulfilling them months late, but I can understand the growing pains of a small business... I hope he shows his appreciation to us by offering a coupon or something. I could use a mag pouch to go with this holster (if it doesn't take another 3 months)
I'm calling BS on this. At this point, guy has demonstrated every behavior consistent with pathologically lying.

I emailed him earlier asking why my order from 12/20 still hasn't shipped, and he said he'd "work on it today". Sure enough, I just got a tracking number.

I'm not counting on this being well-made, at this point.
Old 03-10-2017, 3:55 PM

Outbagsusa.com has some kydex holsters similar in price. Huge advocate/fan for them as their cust service has been on point. Free shipping. Family owned made in USA holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2017, 5:33 PM

Good luck with you guys who ordered 12/20. I ordered mine 12/4 and it still hasn't shipped. He sent me tracking number over 1 month ago and it still hasn't shipped. Emailed him earlier this week demanding a refund, no response.

What a bunch of BS.. Maybe if he stops selling them on eBay he wouldn't have this problem.

Look at all these holsters he has for sale on eBay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/novatacdesig...p2047675.l2562
Old 03-10-2017, 5:52 PM
Veteran Member

I finally got mine, I ordered 12/9 .. it took pestering him and finally received it. It is a great holster and great price however if I knew I would wait over tow months for it I would not have ordered it and certainly won't do that again. I can vouch fro Outbagsusa.com I ordered the leather stitched fishtail holster and had it 3 days from order. $30 with utiliclip. Much better deal imo
Old 03-10-2017, 6:32 PM

So in his eBay, it says he has 5 in Stock of the exact model and color that I ordered....... But I've been waiting 3 months for mines... Go figure. This makes me definitely want to get my money back.
Old 03-10-2017, 7:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar View Post
So in his eBay, it says he has 5 in Stock of the exact model and color that I ordered....... But I've been waiting 3 months for mines... Go figure. This makes me definitely want to get my money back.
you should email him saying just that, I told him as a business owner he is not doing himself any favors by upsetting the calguns crew. He promplty got mine finished but then it took another week to ship it.
Old 03-10-2017, 8:43 PM

I ordered on 12/24.

Sent him an email on March 2nd. Got a reply on March 4th.

This was his reply:

Hi there,

Sorry its taking so long. The order you placed will be shipping soon.

Please read the update I posted on the website here:

http://novatacdesigns.com/contact

Thank you for your patience.

1 week later. Still no tracking info. Now I find out he's selling on Ebay? WTF?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Calguns Addict

I've ordered 2 so far (the last order was via eBay and it arrived on time, unlike the first).

I like the shape of their holsters a little better than other brands and the retention is good. Only complaint, aside from the shipping time of the first order, is that there were rough edges that I had to smooth out myself. Wasn't Hard to fix.
Old 03-13-2017, 5:30 PM

Anyone try requesting a refund? I tried to get a refund twice through email and he ignored both request.
Old 03-13-2017, 6:35 PM

Sucks everyone is having issues getting their holster. I'm glad I got mine and in fact lost a screw first time I used it and contacted him and he sent me not just a replacement screw and finishing bushing but sent me a whole mess of screws washers and bushings in a a few days. Even offered to give me a new holster if I sent the old one back cause he went from two tension screws to 1.
Old 03-13-2017, 7:11 PM

That's too bad. I've always liked two tension screws on kydex to let me better regulate fit on the slide versus tension on the trigger guard.

ETA: ordered 12/19. No action since initial (and very accommodating; he added the M9 for ordering) contact before and immediately after order.

Last edited by alaskascottr; 03-13-2017 at 7:14 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 3:29 AM

I filed a PayPal dispute on Sunday after a few emails this past week with no response. I requested my money back or to ship ASAP through paypal. Within 10 minutes of my PayPal dispute, I all of a sudden get an email with a shipping label. Still no movement from the tracking number, but we'll see. I understand the flood of orders from December, numerous emails, etc. But if his eBay Store shows items in stock, and no response from multiple emails, but all of a sudden a response after a PayPal claim, I lost faith in the vendor. I shouldn't have to go through PayPal to get the response of a lame shipping label to be created. Still doesn't mean anything except a click of a button. I'll give it a week or 2 and see if the package even makes it to usps.
Old 03-14-2017, 8:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Look at all these holsters he has for sale on eBay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/novatacdesig...p2047675.l2562
I'm almost tempted to buy one from eBay and see what happens, and then put him out on blast if I receive the eBay holster within a couple of weeks. Right now, I've been waiting 3 months and 4 days from my order.

I looked at my Paypal invoice and saw that I have until June 8 to report it and to get my money back.... since by then it would be an 'unauthorized' charge and a fraudulent transaction.

Old 03-14-2017, 3:38 PM

I received my holster (ordered on 12/20) yesterday, but only after emailing and complaining. I told him some folks were concerned about him selling on eBay. Here's his response:

Quote:
Yeah I am sorry that everyone has had to wait so long.

If you want to pass along a message that would be great.

In regards to selling on ebay. There is 2 reasons why I am doing this.

1. The past couple months my family and I have been hit hard. The birth of our newborn daughter out of pocket, three emergency room visits, unexpected death in the family and associated burial costs, and losing one of our dogs that was like a child to us. These things add up very quickly. People might think that I made a killing off this sale but believe me with, everything that has transpired, that profit is all gone. We dont have anything left in savings. Selling 1-2 holsters a day on ebay are the only source of income my family has right now. Its all we have to put food on the table. So its about taking care of my family, while still taking care of the holsters you all paid for at the same time. I have said it over and over, I will make sure everyone that paid for a holster will get a holster! I am not some pos scammer or any of that bs.

2. The second reason I keep ebay listings active. This really wasnt a deciding factor but it is relevant. In order to place your listings higher on the ebay search results you HAVE to keep the listings active at all times. This means listings must be kept up and listed with a "good until cancelled" status. So I keep them active so in the future they will produce. These are not "in stock" items. They are made to order so its not like I have 100's of holsters made up and sitting on a shelf. If I did I would ship them to the people who ordered the holiday special and frickin be done with this!

Its up to you if you want to clarify this for me and pass the message along. I have read the comments on redditt and cal guns. I want to make those people that are upset happy. Just know that their voices are not going unheard by me. I read and I listen and I am doing what I can do to get this over with.

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2017, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
I'm almost tempted to buy one from eBay and see what happens, and then put him out on blast if I receive the eBay holster within a couple of weeks. Right now, I've been waiting 3 months and 4 days from my order.

I looked at my Paypal invoice and saw that I have until June 8 to report it and to get my money back.... since by then it would be an 'unauthorized' charge and a fraudulent transaction.

I ordered 12/10 and see that a few people who ordered after me already received theirs. I'm over it, going trough PayPal, I'll buy elsewhere. I understand his situation but go in order of order date not who has "pestered" you the most
Old 03-14-2017, 6:47 PM
Banned

I posted this deal and I'm sorry that it turned to hell.
It took me pestering him to get my holster,I will say my holster was in great shape and fit my glock perfectly.

It's not cool that it takes months to crank out a couple hundred holsters
Old 03-14-2017, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokoloso View Post
I ordered 12/10 and see that a few people who ordered after me already received theirs. I'm over it, going trough PayPal, I'll buy elsewhere. I understand his situation but go in order of order date not who has "pestered" you the most
Same. Going to get a Alien Gear Holster once I get my refund.

What a waste of time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Rb View Post
I received my holster (ordered on 12/20) yesterday, but only after emailing and complaining. I told him some folks were concerned about him selling on eBay. Here's his response:
Blah blah blah excuses after excuses..
Old 03-14-2017, 7:17 PM

Interesting to see TheExpertish has moved to Alaska

I concur with several of the other posters. I sent an email stating I would file a credit card dispute and, almost magically, I received a tracking number the next day.

Novatac has been added to my (seemingly ever-increasing) list of vendors to never do business with. Too bad too, the holsters I received are relatively high quality.
Old 03-14-2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Interesting to see TheExpertish has moved to Alaska

I concur with several of the other posters. I sent an email stating I would file a credit card dispute and, almost magically, I received a tracking number the next day.

Novatac has been added to my (seemingly ever-increasing) list of vendors to never do business with. Too bad too, the holsters I received are relatively high quality.
Don't get fooled by the tracking number. Mine was sent to me and 1 month later it still hasn't been shipped..
Old 03-14-2017, 7:41 PM

Outbagsusa.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Don't get fooled by the tracking number. Mine was sent to me and 1 month later it still hasn't been shipped..
I did actually receive my holsters. I suggest emailing again stating you will file a payment dispute. That seems to be the only action that gets results...