Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-21-2019, 3:32 PM

Well....I’m trying to play nice.

I feel like pointing that out may hurt my chances.

I postponed my meeting until I take the class
Old 04-25-2019, 4:34 PM

can/t wait to see how this turns out
Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 PM

Default Yolo CCW

Has anyone recently applied for a CCW under the new administration? I am considering applying.
Old 05-16-2019, 7:26 AM

waiting as well to see what kind of GC is being approved/not approved.
Old 05-16-2019, 7:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Um, has anyone thought of going into the SO and maybe asking? Calling (or contacting via FB) and setting up an appointment with whoever deals with CCWs? Or, imagine that, reviewing my CoCoCo Advice thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), and using it to work up your best GC statement and then actually applying?

What are you folk so afraid of??? Do you think if you show up and ask, a LEO will whip out his Ka-Bar, cut off your nuts and shove them down your throat? I mean, seriously....

Timidity is not a virtue, esp not in a man.

Last edited by Paladin; 07-02-2019 at 10:04 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Um, has anyone thought of going into the SO and maybe asking? Calling (or contacting via FB) and setting up an appointment with whoever deals with CCWs? Or, imagine that, reviewing my CoCoCo Advice thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), and using it to work up your best GC statement and then actually applying?

What are you folk so afraid of??? Do you think if you show up and ask, a LEO will whip out his KaBar, cut off your nuts and shove them down your throat? I mean, seriously....

Timidity is not a virtue, esp not in a man.
Actually I planned to do it this summer either way but was interested in any info/more current experience. I'll give it a go in the next couple months and report back. Not worried about it really but was rejected before under the previous administration.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimrunner View Post
Actually I planned to do it this summer either way but was interested in any info/more current experience. I'll give it a go in the next couple months and report back. Not worried about it really but was rejected before under the previous administration.
I've heard that the new sheriff was issuing them. Not sure how true it is...bul I'll be applying within the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 7:05 PM

Default Yolo CCW meeting

In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program. Yolo County had three people present. I had the opportunity to speak with them and they are issuing. There has been several people apply but have not gotten to the "attend training" part of the process.

The Sheriff has agreed to come to a public meeting to discuss CCW's and his process. The folks of Yolo county just need to put that meeting together. More to follow on this as I'm trying to get the local republican committee to host the meeting.

So in short apply, take the application seminar by BRC arms if you want some help with good cause.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin it View Post
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program.
I would love to know what Laurie Smith of SC Co and AV of LA Co said....

Quote:
Yolo County had three people present. I had the opportunity to speak with them and they are issuing. There has been several people apply but have not gotten to the "attend training" part of the process.
The question always is, issuing for what GC standard? Currently, they still have the prior sheriff's restrictive GC policy on their website: https://www.yolocountysheriff.com/se...s-permit-info/ We currently have Yolo "yellow" on the CA CCW GC map. Do you have any idea if it should be light green or dark green instead?

Quote:
The Sheriff has agreed to come to a public meeting to discuss CCW's and his process. The folks of Yolo county just need to put that meeting together. More to follow on this as I'm trying to get the local republican committee to host the meeting.
Good luck on getting CGNers in Yolo Co to participate.... Followers? Maybe. Leaders? fugetaboutit! You'll have to lead it on your own....

Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Old 05-22-2019, 11:28 PM

Let me know when!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 10:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I also suggest getting in touch with local gun shops, nearby shooting ranges and any IDPA and USPSA/IPSC clubs in the area to ask them to tell their customers and members about the CCW meeting with Sheriff Lopez. The more people that show up to support, the more political support for liberalization the more political cover Lopez has to liberalize issuance.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:25 AM

My wife and I are both interested in getting this meeting done. We're in Woodland and both will be applying shortly for a ccw. She's already taken and passed the 16 hour course. I'll be taking it next month. Keep me in the loop in what we can do to help out.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program.
Me thinks this meeting either may have been motivated by, or was influenced by SCOTUS granting cert in NYSRPA on 2019 Jan 22.

Plus, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh got on SCOTUS and there was the ongoing drama with RBG's health at the time.

Maybe the remaining restrictive issuance sheriffs will liberalize their GC standards and liberalize issuance to try to head off LOC meet ups, rallies, and marches.

Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Old 05-28-2019, 11:48 AM

Is there a way to find out more about the statewide sheriff meeting?
Old 06-03-2019, 6:12 PM

I'm interested in getting my CCW in Yolo as well. If there is a public meeting with the sheriff or SO, I'd be interested in participating.
I've only just started looking into it, so I'll do my research on this forum and the various relevant posts, as well as the SO's website / other sources.

Any recommendations for training classes that people have experience with?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2019, 11:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Me thinks this meeting either may have been motivated by, or was influenced by SCOTUS granting cert in NYSRPA on 2019 Jan 22.

Plus, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh got on SCOTUS and there was the ongoing drama with RBG's health at the time.

Maybe the remaining restrictive issuance sheriffs will liberalize their GC standards and liberalize issuance to try to head off LOC meet ups, rallies, and marches.
I just remembered Feb 19th was when SCOTUS told NJ to reply in re. Rogers (CCW case) asking for cert. FWIW, both Rogers and Gould (another CCW case), are being held by SCOTUS without any action taken after their conference dates. This is also the case in several other 2nd A cases. They're not being granted and not being denied. Just showing no action on their SCOTUS docket pages.

LOC "meet ups", marches and protests in the few remaining anti counties couldn't happen to more deserving sheriffs. I hope some of our more rural gunnies will come into town to join the fun! Maybe even LOC long guns.... Plus, TONS of random people will just LOC (or LCC if SCOTUS approves) on their own throughout the counties. It will be a CLEO tyrant's nightmare.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-12-2019 at 7:39 AM..
Old 06-19-2019, 10:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program. Yolo County had three people present. I had the opportunity to speak with them and they are issuing. There has been several people apply but have not gotten to the "attend training" part of the process.
I found another post by another CGNer that confirms such a conference of all CA sheriffs to discuss CCWs did take place in late Feb.

Quote:
Look what I forgot about.... A 2nd post by a 2nd CGNer re. a conference of all CA sheriffs to discuss CCWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
I spoke with the LT in charge over the phone. He confirmed the good cause requirement will be significantly lower but would not confirm that simple self defense is sufficient. He seems to imply that some sort of articulate good cause would still be required.

He said they are attending a sheriffs conference this coming Wednesday dedicated to discussing ccw issuance and will update their website after the conference to decide how they want to deal with applications
This was posted back on Feb 15th and thus the meeting of all CA sheriffs re. CCWs was on Feb 20th.

NYSRPA was granted cert on Jan 22nd and on Feb 19th the Court told the state in Rogers to submit a Response. I wouldn't be surprised if the conference was in response to NYSRPA being granted cert. I'm sure it, and maybe even Rogers, were discussed at this conference. (Rogers is now being held by SCOTUS, along with several other 2nd A cases that have been neither denied or granted.)

Frankly, I hope the anti holdout sheriff continue to be antis so that once the serfs get a RBA (at minimum LOC), dozens of them will spontaneously do that when they want and where they want throughout every anti county, giving those sheriffs what they deserve -- the widespread chaos of a free people exercising their RBA!

Quote:
Any news re. the sheriff holding meetings with the public to discuss CCWs?

Last edited by Paladin; 06-19-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old 07-02-2019, 10:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggarcia68 View Post
I've heard that the new sheriff was issuing them. Not sure how true it is...bul I'll be applying within the next couple of weeks.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Old 08-02-2019, 9:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 08-17-2019, 10:12 AM

would appreciate a heads up concerning any public meeting with sheriff Lopez.
Old 08-30-2019, 2:21 PM

https://www.facebook.com/YoloCountyS...type=3&sfns=mo
Old 08-31-2019, 7:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconte5 View Post
From the link:

What: Yolo Co. SO Knights Landing Upcoming Town Hall Meeting and Question/Answer

When: 2019 Sept 04 (Wednesday) at 18:00/6:00 pm

Where: Knight's Landing Community Center
42114 7th St, Knights Landing
Old 09-02-2019, 6:25 PM

Thank you. Anyone here going? I am hoping to be there even though it isnt my town.
Old 09-04-2019, 9:02 PM

I couldn’t make it back to town unfortunately but I am hoping someone went and could let us know if CCW was even discussed. A few people I spoke with today had planned on going and said they would be surprised if it even became a topic. I was in the Bay Area working today so I couldn’t make it back in time.
Old 09-05-2019, 1:22 PM

Update

It never became a topic apparently but I only got that from one person who was there for most of it. I wish I could have found out about this sooner but I don’t use Facebook. Thank you though to the person who did make me me aware, unfortunately work sent me too far away to get back in time.
Old 09-05-2019, 4:53 PM

I was there. In the begging the leo's outnumbered us civilians. The sheriff gave what sounded a little bit like a campaign speech(heres what I've done and what I'm planning). Then he and the under sheriff left and the rest of the assembled staff carried on. We are nice guys, we're your friends, ect.... showed some stats. yolo animal shelter is full to bursting. local residents are concerned about people speeding through town with the school right there on the main thorough fair. Will either have to follow the sheriff out the door when they come to esparto or try to get a appointment to speak to him in person(anybody interested in getting a small group together in a show of solidarity?).
Old 09-05-2019, 5:31 PM

Thanks for the update. I was eager to hear the outcome as well. I couldn't swing over there either. I hope the Sheriff has another event.
Old 09-05-2019, 8:04 PM

I hope he does too. It would be nice to be able to ask. I don’t know if following him out the door with or without a group sends the right message though. Were they allowing questions? Maybe if we had some prepared ones it would be better.
Old 09-07-2019, 6:28 PM

Yes, they took questions after awhile. But as I stated, the sheriff himself was not there at that point.
Old 09-08-2019, 7:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

So have any of you contacted workin it and offered to help them make this happen???

Quote:

So in short apply, take the application seminar by BRC arms if you want some help with good cause.
Old 09-12-2019, 7:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I got a PM from Kodeman. They said I could share it in a post, so here it is with my bolding and underlining:

Quote:
So I just renewed my ccw again with yolo end of August . After the interview process I asked the Sargent I was interviewing with a few questions about if the policy has changed or not . He said they will still deny people that come in saying they want ccw for self defense if they give no other reasons . They want reasons why YOU think YOU need to carry a gun . The way he described it , it sounds like if you go in there and say you do this or that which could make you a potential target and you’re cleared to carry that they’ll issue one . He urged me to tell family and friends to come apply that they don’t like denying people .
Kodeman has been a member since Dec 2012 but has made only 45 posts. If they're correct, I'm thinking Yolo should be "light green" on the next revision of the CA CCW GC map. Use my CoCoCo CCW App Advice thread (stickied at the top of this sub-forum) and you should be good to go. But, of course, ymmv. CA (and Yolo Co) are NOT Shall Issue.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-12-2019 at 7:52 AM..
Old 09-25-2019, 6:05 PM

Hi guys, anyone in Yolo ever heard that CCW'ers are restricted to five gun models?
Old 09-26-2019, 8:09 AM

Not completely sure on how many guns . I have three on my permit and think I remember them saying that’s all I can have but not 100% sure on that .
Old 09-26-2019, 9:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwegy View Post
Hi guys, anyone in Yolo ever heard that CCW'ers are restricted to five gun models?
Gun "models" or total guns on the permit?
Old 10-22-2019, 11:43 AM

A little late notice on here but there is a town hall meeting today at the Esparto community hall starting at 6pm
Old 10-22-2019, 12:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
A little late notice on here but there is a town hall meeting today at the Esparto community hall starting at 6pm
I assume you meant to say that Sheriff Lopez will be there, right?

If so, EVERYONE who can should show up and ask, in a friendly manner, if he'll issue like all your surrounding counties, none of which have had problems with CCWers. Be sure to let the rest of us know how it goes.

This link to a news source has its own map with is interactive and shows every county's population, CCW issuance #s and CCW issuance rate per 1,000 residents: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...232198382.html

And here's the CA CCW GC map:

Last edited by Paladin; 10-22-2019 at 12:18 PM..
Old 11-29-2019, 10:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
How was it? Were CCWs and liberalizing GC brought up?
Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerfan66 View Post
I was there. In the begging the leo's outnumbered us civilians. The sheriff gave what sounded a little bit like a campaign speech(heres what I've done and what I'm planning). Then he and the under sheriff left and the rest of the assembled staff carried on. We are nice guys, we're your friends, ect.... showed some stats. yolo animal shelter is full to bursting. local residents are concerned about people speeding through town with the school right there on the main thorough fair. Will either have to follow the sheriff out the door when they come to esparto or try to get a appointment to speak to him in person(anybody interested in getting a small group together in a show of solidarity?).
The sheriff usualy delegates the day-to-day of CCWs to an underling (undersheriff, captain or sergeant), so the person you needed to talk to may have stayed behind and you could have talked with them.
Old 12-17-2019, 5:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm cross posting this post here because it's got a lot of information that applies to Yolo CGNers other than that thread's OP.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5usf View Post
I was told today that the Yolo CCW issue policy has NOT changed.
Well that sucks for all Yolo Co residents. Here's the posted GC policy with underlining and bolding by me:

Quote:
205.4.3 CRITERIA

• Examples of valid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:

(a) Victim's of violent crime and/ or documented threats of violence

(b) Business owners who carry large sums of cash or valuable items.

(c) Business owners who work all hours in remote areas and are likely to encounter dangerous people and situations

• Examples of invalid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:

(a) Recreation in remote areas

(b) Hunting or fishing

(c) Self-protection and protection of family without credible threat of violence

(d) Employment in the security field, i.e. security guard, body guard, VIP protection

(e) Personal safety due to job conditions or duties placed on the applicant by their employer
From: http://www.yolocountysheriff.com/wp-...irearm-1-1.pdf

That's a Light Red GC policy on the CA CCW GC map. That's quite different than the take other CGNers had on Yolo under Lopez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrey View Post
So I'm going to apply for my CCW in Yolo county this week. I spoke with the sergeant in charge of the CCW program and he advised me to apply that they no longer are looking at GC only but that it's our second Amendment right to be able to carry. I was pretty blown away talking to him but he kept advising me to just apply. Anyone have any advice do's or don'ts?
Quote:
I got a PM from Kodeman. They said I could share it in a post, so here it is with my bolding and underlining:

Quote:
So I just renewed my ccw again with yolo end of August . After the interview process I asked the Sargent I was interviewing with a few questions about if the policy has changed or not . He said they will still deny people that come in saying they want ccw for self defense if they give no other reasons . They want reasons why YOU think YOU need to carry a gun . The way he described it , it sounds like if you go in there and say you do this or that which could make you a potential target and you’re cleared to carry that they’ll issue one . He urged me to tell family and friends to come apply that they don’t like denying people .
Kodeman has been a member since Dec 2012 but has made only 45 posts. If they're correct, I'm thinking Yolo should be "light green" on the next revision of the CA CCW GC map. Use my CoCoCo CCW App Advice thread (stickied at the top of this sub-forum) and you should be good to go. But, of course, ymmv. CA (and Yolo Co) are NOT Shall Issue.
This is a perfect example of the difficulty in making the map and why we say a county may be off by 1 color, one direction or the other, from what's indicated on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5usf View Post
Also, was told the County board is going to review the policy. Sorry, I don't have a timeline.

Recommend you contact your Yolo district supervisor and see what they say.

Take care, thanks for the advice, and good luck to all.

ps. Yes, I am still moving.
Before you do that, be sure to contact your County Sup and ask them to ask the Sheriff to liberalize his CCW GC policy.

42 out of 50 states are Shall Issue or better and have no problems. 18,000,000+ CCWers in the USA.
https://crimeresearch.org/tag/annual...ndgun-permits/

The vast majority of counties in CA have liberal GC policies and don't have any problems and that includes all of Yolo Co's neighboring counties.

Quote:
The approximately 17,500 permits in Fresno County represent about 17 people licensed to pack heat for every 1,000 residents. Statewide, the Department of Justice data shows there are more than 120,000 CCW licenses – or about three licenses per 1,000 residents.
From: https://www.mercedsunstar.com/site-s...232198382.html
Yolo Co CGNers need to contact their Co. Board Supervisor and tell them that you want the Sheriff to liberalize CCW issuance in your county. Get your family, friends and shooting buddies to do the same. Email, phone, FAX, snail mail, Facebook -- whatever means necessary! But be polite and professional. Here's a link to find out who your Supervisor is:
https://www.yolocounty.org/general-g...of-supervisors

Here's a link to their Meetings webpage with lots of info and links to more info, like their Meetings calendar, Minutes of Meetings, etc.
https://www.yolocounty.org/general-g...board-meetings

Just spend 30 minutes clicking around and post what you find. Check their calendar at least weekly and post an announcement here if something re. CCWs or Sheriff Lopez shows up so others will attend. (Don't expect me to do all this, I don't live in Yolo Co....)