Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-22-2017, 8:44 AM

Default Yolo County

A friend is trying to apply for her CCW in Yolo County. They have told her she needs to have completed the training course and include her certificate with the application. Does this sound right ???

Any recommendations for instructors in the Vacaville, Fairfield, Davis or Woodland areas ???

Thank you in advance for your help....
Old 12-22-2017, 8:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Only that if she even gets it in Yolo county she should thank her lucky stars since we live in a "shall not issue" county.

She may be able to contact Yolo Sportsman Association (530) 662-2349 for training referrals, they should have something.
Old 12-22-2017, 8:50 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

No they cannot require her to get training just to submit the application. It is the law. And Yolo is not really issuing new permits. Sounds like they are giving her the rope-a-dope.

PC26190(g)

Quote:
(g) Except as authorized pursuant to this section, no requirement, charge, assessment, fee, or condition that requires the payment of any additional funds by the applicant, or requires the applicant to obtain liability insurance, may be imposed by any licensing authority as a condition of the application for a license.

PC26202. Training comes after they decide to issue.

Quote:
26202. Upon making the determination of good cause pursuant to Section 26150 or 26155, the licensing authority shall give written notice to the applicant of the licensing authority s determination. If the licensing authority determines that good cause exists, the notice shall inform the applicants to proceed with the training requirements specified in Section 26165. If the licensing authority determines that good cause does not exist, the notice shall inform the applicant that the request for a license has been denied and shall state the reason from the department s published policy, described in Section 26160, as to why the determination was made.

Also PC26175(g)

Quote:
(g) An applicant shall not be required to complete any additional application or form for a license, or to provide any information other than that necessary to complete the standard application form described in subdivision (a), except to clarify or interpret information provided by the applicant on the standard application form.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 12-22-2017 at 9:00 AM..
Old 12-22-2017, 8:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

/\ This.
Old 12-22-2017, 9:07 AM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Sounds like YCSD is playing games....
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 12-22-2017, 9:15 AM

Thank you for your replies.

I looked at the online application and they do ask for the certificate of training as well as firearm information.....

Just doesn't sound right.... Makes me happy that I live in Ventura County with an awesome Sheriff...... I didn't have to complete training or provide any firearm information until I had passed the background ....
Old 12-22-2017, 9:21 AM

I have passed along the information, Thank you again for all of your replies & help...
Old 12-22-2017, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

The app I picked up some years back stated proof of training was needed before the ccw was approved but not needed at time of application submission. They also had a list of approved trainers in the area and would not accept any other than those listed. This was some years ago so things may be different.

Short version of Prieto's history: was sued and in the end, he won. So getting a ccw in Yolo for the most part comes down to handling large amounts of cash on a daily basis and nearly nothing else will he consider good cause.

Speaking to someone in another dept (CHP) familiar with Prieto; he was not a fan of ccw before the lawsuit and is even less so now. The majority of renewals go unanswered and/or his dept takes their sweet azz time processing them.

Good luck to your friend.
Old 03-03-2018, 8:00 AM

Greetings all,

Since Undersheriff Lopez is running against Prieto does anyone know his stance on CCW?
Old 03-06-2018, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconte5 View Post
Greetings all,

Since Undersheriff Lopez is running against Prieto does anyone know his stance on CCW?
I’ve heard secondhand he is Pro 2a
Old 05-07-2018, 8:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Don’t get your hopes up, this is an excerpt from a statement Lopez gave to the Davis Enterprise. Typical “I believe in the 2nd Amendment but...”

“Other policies Lopez plans to leave intact if he’s elected. Deputies would continue to abstain from performing immigration enforcement, and he’d maintain the current criteria for issuing concealed-weapon permits.

I do believe our policy has merit, and it’s an area that I want to have a conversation with the community about,” said Lopez, who thinks there are some who perceive the agency doesn’t issue CCW permits at all.

In fact, about 300 of them have been granted under the policy, which requires applicants to demonstrate “good cause” for seeking the permit, such as a threat of falling victim to violent crime.

While a proponent of the Second Amendment right to bear arms, “I am a firm believer that not everyone is entitled to have one,” Lopez said.
Old 06-06-2018, 6:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndiver View Post
Don’t get your hopes up, this is an excerpt from a statement Lopez gave to the Davis Enterprise. Typical “I believe in the 2nd Amendment but...”

“Other policies Lopez plans to leave intact if he’s elected. Deputies would continue to abstain from performing immigration enforcement, and he’d maintain the current criteria for issuing concealed-weapon permits.

I do believe our policy has merit, and it’s an area that I want to have a conversation with the community about,” said Lopez, who thinks there are some who perceive the agency doesn’t issue CCW permits at all.

In fact, about 300 of them have been granted under the policy
, which requires applicants to demonstrate “good cause” for seeking the permit, such as a threat of falling victim to violent crime.

While a proponent of the Second Amendment right to bear arms, “I am a firm believer that not everyone is entitled to have one,” Lopez said.
Here's the link for that quote:
https://www.davisenterprise.com/loca...mmunity-trust/

Lopez won.
https://www.davisenterprise.com/loca...sheriffs-race/

If he really wants to "have a conversation with the community" about CCWs, that means you people who live in Yolo Co need to watch for every community meeting where he will be speaking/on a panel and make sure to ask him why Sacto has issued, IIRC, >8,000 CCWs when Yolo has just a few hundred.

Remember to make the comparison valid by comparing rate CCWers per 1,000 in population (or adult population). You may even use the numbers for OC (a more urban county yet), where they've issued >12,000 CCWs for their 3.2M population. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._in_California

Don't be hostile, just know your stuff and don't back down.

Lopez will have to work hard to be worse than Prieto....

Last edited by Paladin; 06-07-2018 at 4:49 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 10:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Lopez will have to work hard to be worse than Prieto....
Focusing on this: best to get your applications ready to submit in January, maybe even by Dec 01 in case Piereto(sp?), decides to retire before the holidays since he's on his way out come January regardless.

While it is highly unlikely Lopez will take Yolo to light or dark green initially, I could see it go to light red or even yellow. So, for those of you who have solid GC (e.g., small business owner who makes regular large cash deposits, have police reports re. stalker, etc), be ready to apply and, if you do, please let the rest of us know how it went by posting on CGN (but not with so much info as to ID yourself).

The sooner we can get applicants through the process or denied, the sooner we'll know know what "color" Yolo is under Lopez.
Old 07-13-2018, 3:12 PM

Below I have copy and pasted an email i sent to Yolo County regarding CCW. Below that is there answer to my question. Guess I wont be moving there !

Good Morning
I am a CCW permit holder for the past 4 years in Placer County, I am a General Contractor and also work for the Department of General Services w/ the State of California as a Construction Manager Supervisor. My wife and I are looking at properties in Clarksburg Ca. to build a new home and workshop. We are looking in Clarksburg because of the cool river breeze and the nice quite grass strip at the Clarksburg Airport. Can you tell me the likelihood of obtaining a CCW for Yolo Co. I would also like to know Sheriff Prieto stance on the 2nd Amendment and CCW’s for law abiding citizens in Yolo County. Sheriff Prieto stance on this is very important to me for the protection of my family. Your Website say’s just cause is needed for CCW. What is considered just cause for Yolo? Is personal & family protection adequate just cause? If I would not be able get a CCW for Yolo County it would be a deal breaker for me to buy property and move to Yolo County. Thank you for your time in advance.

Marc, thank you for your email and your interest in living in Yolo County. I am the Sergeant that oversees the CCW program. Based on the information you gave, If you are a business owner who carries large sums of money and or valuable equipment then you would most likely qualify under our policy. You can read our policy on our website. We will not issue a permit based on your being an employee of someone else, the Sheriff’s view is that your employer has an obligation to provide you with protection while you are under their employment.

As for Sheriff’s Prieto’s views on the 2nd Amendment I cannot answer for him. I am told that our policies are more restrictive than other agencies however they have been upheld by the Supreme Court. Having said that we will be getting a new Sheriff in January 2018 when Tom Lopez is sworn in. He has made statements that he does not intend to change the current policies but he is also open to discussions’ about them.

“Good Cause” is a legitimate reason to have the permit. Personal protection is not considered as a “Good Cause” reason under our current policy. There are examples listed of “Good Cause” reasons listed in the policy however each application is evaluated on its own details.
Old 07-18-2018, 1:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdunbar View Post
Marc, thank you for your email and your interest in living in Yolo County. I am the Sergeant that oversees the CCW program. Based on the information you gave, If you are a business owner who carries large sums of money and or valuable equipment then you would most likely qualify under our policy. You can read our policy on our website. We will not issue a permit based on your being an employee of someone else, the Sheriff’s view is that your employer has an obligation to provide you with protection while you are under their employment.
So, if your job requires you to carry valuables, you can't get a CCW -- the business owner should provide armed protection for you.

But if the business owner himself does that same job he can get a CCW -- he does NOT have to provide armed protection for himself???

Quote:
As for Sheriff’s Prieto’s views on the 2nd Amendment I cannot answer for him. I am told that our policies are more restrictive than other agencies however they have been upheld by the Supreme Court.
More The US Sup Ct denied cert in Peruta: they did NOT decide ANYTHING re. it. They just allowed the CA9 en banc decision to stand.

Quote:
Having said that we will be getting a new Sheriff in January 2018 when Tom Lopez is sworn in. He has made statements that he does not intend to change the current policies but he is also open to discussions’ about them.
This is your only hope in Yolo Co for the foreseeable future. Sure, Nat'l Reciprocity may help you (directly if the House bill, indirectly if the Senate version), and there's various Carry cases that we'll probably win if Trump gets his picks for judges on CA9 on the bench and Kavanaugh gets on SCOTUS. But who knows if/when that will ever happen.

Best to choose a light or dark green county:

Last edited by Paladin; 07-18-2018 at 8:11 PM..
Old 07-18-2018, 8:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
... we will be getting a new Sheriff in January 2018 when Tom Lopez is sworn in. He has made statements that he does not intend to change the current policies but he is also open to discussions’ about them.
As I've said before, Yolo Co people had better organize NOW to be ready for the "meet & greet"/Q&A events Lopez will have where he'll want to hear from the audience, you the voters, re. what you think of CCWs, why and why he should change/liberalize the current GC standard. That will be your best chance to get him to liberalize his issuance and for you to get CCWs. DO NOT WASTE IT!!!

Don't think you'll be able to wing it at the last minute and so dazzle him with your oratory skills he'll switch to SD = GC. Prepare and practice ahead of time.

Plus, he may take office early, as early as mid-Nov, if Prieto decides to quit before the holidays. That will push things even sooner.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-23-2018 at 7:20 AM..
Old 09-23-2018, 7:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

bump to remind Yolo Co folk to start watching their local newspapers, websites, TV news and radio news for when Tom Lopez, your next sheriff, will be holding "meet & greet"/Q&A events. When you hear about them, be sure to post details here ahead of time so that others can also attend. You need to show him that there is voter support/demand for CCWs.

Best to change his attitude to liberalizing issuance BEFORE he takes office and is preoccupied by all the responsibilities that entails.

ETA: Here's the exact quote from Lopez's campaign website:

Quote:
Conceal Carry Weapons Permits (CCW):

I’m not planning to make any changes to the current policy. In my experience there is quite a bit of misinformation and misunderstanding, and because the topic is very emotionally charged any past dialogue has been difficult.

I’d like to start by bringing people together to talk. After a thorough dialogue, we’ll have a clearer picture and can proceed from there. But I absolutely commit to an inclusive, open and transparent discussion.

His website had "buttons"/links at the top right for both his campaign's Facebook page and email to contact him to find out how to be a part of that "talk" and "thorough dialogue" re. CCWs: https://tomlopez4sheriff.com/join-us/

ETA2: FWIW, don't expect me to do this for you: I don't live in Yolo Co.

Last edited by Paladin; 09-23-2018 at 7:37 AM..
Old 11-24-2018, 5:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
bump to remind Yolo Co folk to start watching their local newspapers, websites, TV news and radio news for when Tom Lopez, your next sheriff, will be holding "meet & greet"/Q&A events. When you hear about them, be sure to post details here ahead of time so that others can also attend. You need to show him that there is voter support/demand for CCWs.

Best to change his attitude to liberalizing issuance BEFORE he takes office and is preoccupied by all the responsibilities that entails.
Only about 5 weeks until Lopez takes office....
Old 12-29-2018, 10:49 AM

Where is Lopez speaking i will talk to him personally and make sure he understands what is going on here
Old 12-29-2018, 11:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalinas View Post
Where is Lopez speaking i will talk to him personally and make sure he understands what is going on here
I have no idea. On the weekends, I check
https://www.google.com/search?q=Tom+...TYDvsQ_AUIDigB

and so far, nothing re. any public meetings, "meet & greet", or Q&As. Best to contact the Yolo SO Pubic Information Officer and ask when and where those events (Lopez mention during the campaign and I quoted earlier in this thread) will take place.

Yolo Co CGNers will only have themselves to blame if they don't show up.
Old 01-04-2019, 2:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Here's an article that someone who lives in Yolo Co can go thru to see if it mentions any "Meet & Greet"/"Q&A" with the new sheriff, Lopez. You all remember why that's important, right?... If not, just go backwards thru this thread until you find out why.

https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2019/0...ing-events-26/
Old 01-30-2019, 8:24 PM

Default Any updates

I am new to this part of calguns forum. I am looking to get a ccw (like I'm sure many of us here are) and was wondering if anyone has had luck with Lopez. I believe I already qualify under strict regulations but I have never submitted for one before in any county. Amy information much appreciated. I would also like to know if it is worth paying for the training before submitting an application to get guidance from the trainers. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-31-2019, 8:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I am new to this part of calguns forum. I am looking to get a ccw (like I'm sure many of us here are) and was wondering if anyone has had luck with Lopez. I believe I already qualify under strict regulations but I have never submitted for one before in any county. Amy information much appreciated. I would also like to know if it is worth paying for the training before submitting an application to get guidance from the trainers. Thanks in advance!
Private message (PM) reply sent. Log in to read it. Link near top right of CGN pages.
Old 02-06-2019, 8:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Here's an article that someone who lives in Yolo Co can go thru to see if it mentions any "Meet & Greet"/"Q&A" with the new sheriff, Lopez. You all remember why that's important, right?... If not, just go backwards thru this thread until you find out why.

https://www.dailydemocrat.com/2019/0...ing-events-26/
It's been a month since I posted this. You CGNers who do need to act. Just email, PM via FB, or call the SO to find out when & where Lopez will have his "meet & greet" events so that you can talk to him re. CCWs Encourage him to liberalize GC and issue more of them, just like ALL of his surrounding counties have. They haven't had problems with CCWers so he has no reason to suspect "good guys with guns" will cause him any officer safety or public safety problems.

Do you really want your county to be a light red island in a sea of light/dark green?

No, I don't even live in Yolo Co. so I won't do this for you....

Last edited by Paladin; 02-06-2019 at 8:24 AM..
Old 02-06-2019, 8:58 PM

I hope the people with time are inspired by your messages to take action. Unfortunately they are probably the people looking for the red island to expand. This county’s red is very representative of the people here.
Old 02-07-2019, 9:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeClinton View Post
I hope the people with time are inspired by your messages to take action.
These "people" are Yolo Co CGNers.

Quote:
Unfortunately they are probably the people looking for the red island to expand.
I doubt that Yolo Co CGNers feel that way.

Quote:
This county’s red is very representative of the people here.
If these "people" are registered voters (who choose the sheriff), their Dem-Repub spread (23%) is very similar to that of Sonoma Co (30%), Napa Co (23%) and Solano Co (24%) residents. Those are light green, so there's no reason, politically, why Yolo Co can't go light green too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yolo_C...ornia#Politics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoma...ornia#Politics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napa_C...ornia#Politics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solano...ornia#Politics
Old 02-07-2019, 8:32 PM

I agree. There is no reason politically. However yolo county is heavily influenced by Davis. And my experience with Davis residents that have time to speak up (retired) is that they lean more anti gun. With the amount of money in that town, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a significant organized force keeping us in the red.
Old 02-07-2019, 8:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I agree. There is no reason politically. However yolo county is heavily influenced by Davis. And my experience with Davis residents that have time to speak up (retired) is that they lean more anti gun. With the amount of money in that town, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a significant organized force keeping us in the red.
Well, the most accurate way of assessing your enemy's strength is by engaging him in battle. If Yolo Co CGNers/gunnies don't get active and involved and show up at Lopez's "meet & greets" to push for CCW liberalization, the antis win since Lopez said his default setting is to not change the CCW policy.

Yolo gunnies have an opening. Lopez said he's willing to listen to the arguments we make. It is Yolo gunnies who have to "man up" and show up and do what is necessary to sell Lopez on CCW liberalization. Or just ... never mind. This time I won't post what I was thinking and it wasn't directed at you, GC.
Old 02-23-2019, 7:52 PM

So I'm going to apply for my CCW in Yolo county this week. I spoke with the sergeant in charge of the CCW program and he advised me to apply that they no longer are looking at GC only but that it's our second Amendment right to be able to carry. I was pretty blown away talking to him but he kept advising me to just apply. Anyone have any advice do's or don'ts?
Old 02-23-2019, 8:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrey View Post
So I'm going to apply for my CCW in Yolo county this week. I spoke with the sergeant in charge of the CCW program and he advised me to apply that they no longer are looking at GC only but that it's our second Amendment right to be able to carry. I was pretty blown away talking to him but he kept advising me to just apply
Wow. That's great news, if true (i.e., true meaning Sheriff Lopez is actually doing that). Maybe Lopez has been talking to neighboring county sheriffs and they said they've had no problems with CCWers?

Be sure to keep notes on how it goes, what you had to do/pay and when, and any lessons learned after you've gone through the whole process. Best to wait to post all of this until AFTER you've been approved/denied though. Be sure to let us know what your GC was like, but not with so much detail so as to ID yourself (e.g., "I'm a property manager who often collects cash rents at all times of the day or night", NOT "I'm a property manager with Acme Property Management who often collects $5,000+ in cash rents at all times of the day or night in Woodland and deposits them on my way home in Davis" even though that's what you wrote on your app for GC.)

Quote:
Anyone have any advice do's or don'ts?
I hate to keep promoting my own work, but ....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

I made that thread with CoCoCo in mind (yellow on the CA CCW GC map), but I think it will help any applicant where the IA requires more than SD = GC. You might still not pass whatever standard they use, but that will be because of their standard, not because of some failure on your part (other than not facing enough risk to carry). IOW, I don't think following that advice will hurt anyone.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-24-2019 at 8:19 AM..
Old 02-23-2019, 8:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So I'm going to apply for my CCW in Yolo county this week. I spoke with the sergeant in charge of the CCW program and he advised me to apply that they no longer are looking at GC only but that it's our second Amendment right to be able to carry.
If you go to the CCW policy posted on their website, it is the same one that was their with the prior sheriff. You should mention to that sergeant that they need to update their website with their new GC policy, lest qualified applicants see it and be dissuaded.

you go to their "CCW Policy" link:
http://www.staging1.childersmarketin...irearm-1-1.pdf

Go to page 4 of the .pdf where it goes over the valid and invalid reasons for getting issued a CCW.

Quote:
• Examples of valid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:
(a) Victim's of violent crime and/ or documented threats of violence
(b) Business owners who carry large sums of cash or valuable items.
(c) Business owners who work all hours in remote areas and are likely to encounter dangerous people and situations

• Examples of invalid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:
(a) Recreation in remote areas
(b) Hunting or fishing
(c) Self-protection and protection of family without credible threat of violence
(d) Employment in the security field, i.e. security guard, body guard, VIP protection
(e) Personal safety due to job conditions or duties placed on the applicant by their employer

Last edited by Paladin; 02-25-2019 at 10:40 PM..
Old 02-23-2019, 9:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Since it costs only $65 to get a decision on your app, I encourage anyone who's got GC that would pass in CoCoCo ("yellow", see my thread at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), apply with the Yolo SO if you can afford to gamble $65 for a CCW.

If Ostrey is right in what he posted tonight re. GC, even if your GC would only pass in a light green or better county, you should consider applying (again, if you can afford to risk $65 for a CCW).

Let us know how it goes after you're approved/denied by making a post, and be sure to PM it to me too, to ensure I don't miss it. (I've been involved with making the CA CCW map for over 8 years and depend upon members for data re. GC requirements.)

Quote:
Pricing

The administrative cost for a New Concealed Carry Weapon license is $325.00. An applicant will pay a non-refundable $65 application fee, and if approved, be asked to pay an additional $260 prior to receiving their Concealed Carry Weapon license.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-23-2019 at 10:35 PM..
Old 02-24-2019, 7:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I should say one more thing: Ostrey shared with me their GC. All I'll say is IMO they are likely to get issued even if Yolo remains light red. What does that matter to you Yolo folk? Do NOT wait for Ostrey to go through the process before applying yourselves. Go by what they said the Yolo CCW unit head said re. them liberalizing their acceptable GC. (Or wait until they update/revise their website info, but who knows when the county's webmaster will do that, assuming the new sheriff has even put in a request?) While it sounds like Yolo Co is now "dark green," I would conservatively assume they're "light green" and use that to determine whether I'd have a chance or not. Use my CoCoCo advice thread for guidance.

For me, as one of the CA CCW GC map makers it means unless others apply and post their experience, or Yolo SO revises the CCW material on their website, we'll assume no change in GC policy, like Lopez said during his campaign.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-24-2019 at 9:45 AM..
Old 03-23-2019, 12:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So I'm going to apply for my CCW in Yolo county this week. I spoke with the sergeant in charge of the CCW program and he advised me to apply that they no longer are looking at GC only but that it's our second Amendment right to be able to carry. I was pretty blown away talking to him but he kept advising me to just apply. Anyone have any advice do's or don'ts?
bump
Old 08-18-2019, 5:19 PM

what should I tell my friends when I ask them for my letters of character? short and sweet, "Ive know john for 10 years and hes a great guy. or a book full of details?
Old 08-19-2019, 3:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerfan66 View Post
what should I tell my friends when I ask them for my letters of character? short and sweet, "Ive know john for 10 years and hes a great guy. or a book full of details?
I'll let you extract it, but ask them to play up the favorable factors and/or downplay the unfavorable quoted in the OP at: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1423638