Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 02-27-2020, 7:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Assembly Bill 3071

Strongly suggest that those of you that haven't read Assembly Bill 3071 do so and consider the broad implications of it and how it will effect your respective businesses. It is one of the more onerous bills that have been proposed. It affectively shuts down a broad range of shooting activities and in some cases will close businesses dependent upon range, ammunition and firearm sales.
I've heard it referred to as "the last straw".

So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
Judge Roger T. Benitez
LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019
Old 02-27-2020, 9:20 AM

Dupe. Multiple threads already posted about this
Old 02-27-2020, 10:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post

Not on this forum!

So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 02-27-2020, 11:56 AM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke8319 View Post
Strongly suggest that those of you that haven't read Assembly Bill 3071 do so and consider the broad implications of it and how it will effect your respective businesses. It is one of the more onerous bills that have been proposed. It affectively shuts down a broad range of shooting activities and in some cases will close businesses dependent upon range, ammunition and firearm sales.
I've heard it referred to as "the last straw".
From what I understand it is the complete banning and use of lead ammunition at indoor ranges, and "shooting complexes" (whatever those are).

So it actually doesn't ban the sale of lead ammunition in the Golden State, just further restricts it's usage. Kind of luck what most places have now with bi-metal / magnetic projectiles, just on a much larger scale. People will still have the option of discharging lead based projectiles on private, and public property where it is legal to do so. If lead is really the problem, on the surface, it sounds like it will actually make the problem worse if anything. So, instead of confining the use lead projectiles to indoor ranges, and "shooting complexes", it prohibits it, which by default pushes that consumption to other venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
I don't know why people do this on some many threads in this forum. In many cases there are specific implications to FFLs that we would like to discuss that have not everyone on CGN cares about.

Last edited by RoundEye; 02-27-2020 at 2:08 PM..
Old 02-27-2020, 12:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
From what I understand it the complete banning and use of lead ammunition at indoor ranges, and "shooting complexes" (whatever those are).

So it actually doesn't ban the sale of lead ammunition in the Golden State, just further restricts it's usage. Kind of luck what most places have now with bi-metal / magnetic projectiles, just on a much larger scale. People will still have the option of discharging lead based projectiles on private, and public property where it is legal to do so. If lead is really the problem, on the surface, it sounds like it will actually make the problem worse if anything. So, instead of confining the use lead projectiles to indoor ranges, and "shooting complexes", it prohibits it, which by default pushes that consumption to other venues.

I don't know why people do this on some many threads in this forum. In many cases there are specific implications to FFLs that we would like to discuss that have not everyone on CGN cares about.
In reading the bill it would affectively prohibit the use of ANY ammunition that all lead or has a lead core. VERY FEW people are going to compete or practice using non-lead ammunition AND which has been certified (by F&W) as "lead free".

The Bill reads:

"This bill would prohibit a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range, as defined, from selling or giving away ammunition unless that ammunition is certified as nonlead ammunition by the commission. The bill would also prohibit patrons or employees of a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range from firing ammunition unless it is nonlead certified and would require a sport shooting range and an indoor shooting range to post a specified sign to that effect."

If passed it WILL have a major affect, across the board, on virtually all FFL's and ammo vendors, not to mention ranges, etc.

Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 02-27-2020, 12:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I can't, off hand, think of another Bill that will have more far reaching and broad effects on the shooting public as well as FFL's, etc.

I just hope the shooting public and FFL's make their collective voices heard. I've already contacted my Assembly person to voice my concerns.

Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 02-28-2020, 6:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
From what I understand it is the complete banning and use of lead ammunition at indoor ranges, and "shooting complexes" (whatever those are).

It does ban the sale at shooting ranges though:
Quote:
This bill would prohibit a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range, as defined, from selling or giving away ammunition unless that ammunition is certified as nonlead ammunition by the commission.
Retail stores would be able to still sell/transfer it seems.. for now.. we all know where this is leading though.. Given everything they say in Section 1 of the bill you know they will want to make us "safer" by eventually banning the sale everywhere.
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 7:47 AM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Here's another nice tidbit.

“California Civil Code section 3482.1(2) defines a sport shooting range as any area designed for and operated as a place where people can shoot firearms of various kinds, including pistols, rifles, black powder or other such weapons. People can use these facilities for sport or law enforcement training purposes.”

Sounds like this applies to Public and/or PRIVATE ranges as well.

Last edited by RoundEye; 02-28-2020 at 9:59 AM..
Old 02-28-2020, 8:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Here another nice tidbit.

“California Civil Code section 3482.1(2) defines a sport shooting range as any area designed for and operated as a place where people can shoot firearms of various kinds, including pistols, rifles, black powder or other such weapons. People can use these facilities for sport or law enforcement training purposes.”

Sounds like this applies to Public and/or PRIVATE ranges as well.
You're exactly right. Our range is used by CHP, State Parks officers and the local SO for periodic qualification...……...

Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 02-28-2020, 8:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've just written to FOX News regarding the matter. We'll see what comes of that.

Judge Roger T. Benitez