Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:11 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default Metal detectors coming for ordinary doorways....

Just saw this come over the newswire...if widely adopted...will impact CCW carriers significantly.

InventHelp Presents Metal Detector for Doorways (NJD-1787)

PITTSBURGH, Oct. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- While airports have state-of-the-art metal detection systems in place to stop travelers with weapons, they are not suited for residential or commercial use. Thanks to the creativity of an inventor from New Brunswick, N.J., there is now a smaller scale system that automatically screens individuals for weapons as they enter homes and other public and private facilities.

She developed ALERT ME to warn users that someone trying to enter the building or area has a gun, knife or other weapon. As such, it reacts faster than hand-held detection wands, reducing the chances of injuries and deaths from stabbing and gunshots. Thus, it affords peace of mind since it improves building security for increased safety. Convenient, practical and affordably priced, this innovation is also easy to install and operate.

The inventor's personal interest inspired the idea. "This invention came about as the result of a school project," she said, "inspired by the frequency of shootings in public places like schools, churches, movie theaters and malls."
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:19 AM
CessnaDriver's Avatar
CessnaDriver CessnaDriver is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,421
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

How practical would this be? It’s going to go off constantly I would think on non CCW public.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic28512_1.gif

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:22 AM
Rogue187 Rogue187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 1,040
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

It will be ringing all the time and who will be stopping the person from entering? Your going to slam the door on Grandma’s face because she had a hip replacement done. She is already past the threshold of the doorway..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:52 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,613
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
How practical would this be? It’s going to go off constantly I would think on non CCW public.
I would imagine there are sensitivity setting. Remember its not an Airport metal detector looking for ANYTHING metal, its just looking for the mass of metal a slide and barrel represent....
__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2019, 8:03 AM
tasdevl tasdevl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
It will be ringing all the time and who will be stopping the person from entering? Your going to slam the door on Grandma’s face because she had a hip replacement done. She is already past the threshold of the doorway..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What if grandma really is carrying?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2019, 8:11 AM
Rogue187 Rogue187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 1,040
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdevl View Post
What if grandma really is carrying?


Even if she is.. you gonna do a Spartan Kick on old Nana?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2019, 8:16 AM
P5Ret P5Ret is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Ebay
Posts: 5,111
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I would imagine there are sensitivity setting. Remember its not an Airport metal detector looking for ANYTHING metal, its just looking for the mass of metal a slide and barrel represent....
If it trigger's off a knife, it will also trigger on keys, a Leatherman, a cell phone battery, and Lord knows what else. A half azzed solution for a non-existent problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-08-2019, 9:29 AM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 52
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Lol, New Jersey inventor....



.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2019, 9:55 AM
sealocan sealocan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,867
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

That recent London knife attack that happened inside a police building and was perpetrated by someone working with the police force in some capacity, just used a ordinary kitchen ceramic bladed knife.

Sure it's not the ceramic Glock 7 that we were promised by Bruce Willis but my point is....


Whatever man makes,

man can break.

( just look inside any prison. It has many rules and prohibitions against many items yet humans find ways around them. And not just knives but making alcohol and so many other things even though they are under a higher degree of scrutiny and searches than the public will ever be.)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 39,066
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealocan View Post
That recent London knife attack that happened inside a police building ...

Whatever man makes,

man can break.
Paris, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue187 View Post
It will be ringing all the time and who will be stopping the person from entering?
Always an issue; without the ability to forcibly prevent entry, even metal detectors are 'security theater' against an actual threat.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-08-2019, 1:53 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 10,609
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Just saw this come over the newswire...if widely adopted...will impact CCW carriers significantly.

InventHelp Presents Metal Detector for Doorways (NJD-1787)

PITTSBURGH, Oct. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- While airports have state-of-the-art metal detection systems in place to stop travelers with weapons, they are not suited for residential or commercial use. Thanks to the creativity of an inventor from New Brunswick, N.J., there is now a smaller scale system that automatically screens individuals for weapons as they enter homes and other public and private facilities.

She developed ALERT ME to warn users that someone trying to enter the building or area has a gun, knife or other weapon. As such, it reacts faster than hand-held detection wands, reducing the chances of injuries and deaths from stabbing and gunshots. Thus, it affords peace of mind since it improves building security for increased safety. Convenient, practical and affordably priced, this innovation is also easy to install and operate.

The inventor's personal interest inspired the idea. "This invention came about as the result of a school project," she said, "inspired by the frequency of shootings in public places like schools, churches, movie theaters and malls."
First, they have to find someone to make them. If you go to their website it says that the design is currently available for licensing or sale to manufacturers or marketers.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300931478.html
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-08-2019, 5:50 PM
Foebia's Avatar
Foebia Foebia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: This sewer is mine!
Posts: 1,354
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Just likethe RFID detectors at the store that are ignored
__________________


"Cross your feet! Kneel down! Stand up! Crawl! Right hand in! Left foot out! You're a little teapot! YOU'RE A LITTLE TEAPOT!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2019, 6:26 PM
Notpc's Avatar
Notpc Notpc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Out In The Desert(Behind Enemy Lines)
Posts: 820
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I am getting old, must be time for a Cold Steel walking stick. Yeah, your thingy went off, so?

1911 Guardian 2 Walking Stick

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-08-2019, 6:43 PM
ojisan ojisan is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SFV
Posts: 10,766
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt9IdPttScQ
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:16 PM
Tango_Down's Avatar
Tango_Down Tango_Down is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 449
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdevl View Post
What if grandma really is carrying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meFJCeUWDyY

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:19 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,759
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
How practical would this be? It’s going to go off constantly I would think on non CCW public.
Exactly, Expensive and then it will go off every time someone is wearing a belt buckle or a watch, wire stays in their bra, medical device or change in their pockets. So within a few weeks the sensitivity will be turned way down or they will be turned off.
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-08-2019, 7:41 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 39,066
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z02zi1S8vZQ

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-08-2019, 9:10 PM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 341
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
If it trigger's off a knife, it will also trigger on keys, a Leatherman, a cell phone battery, and Lord knows what else. A half azzed solution for a non-existent problem.
This. Not practical for everyday folks. As someone said, sensitivity will be decreased or it’ll be turned off. So defeats the purpose.

Plus, even if it did beep, not like they can search you.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:56 AM
DB> DB> is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 185
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Two words - "school project"

This is why we can't have plastic straws in KA....

Public policy guided by teenagers is not good public policy, but the adults in the room have to stop supporting this silliness. (AKA we're screwed).

Just because your kid makes a volcano to prove it will solve global warming (or something like that) does not make them a "genius" that will "solve the world's problems".

Please just say NO to angry teens (Gretta Thundermouth and Hoggy boy, etc.).

Do it for the children.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-09-2019, 3:13 AM
SonofWWIIDI's Avatar
SonofWWIIDI SonofWWIIDI is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Clara county
Posts: 20,868
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

The new anti gun crowd’s car alarm.

It will start happening so much that no one will pay attention to it.

And of course the places that have shopping carts will have to move to all plastic carts. Can’t have the metal ones setting off the “gun” alarm.
__________________
•=iii=<(
🎺

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-09-2019, 9:48 AM
Notpc's Avatar
Notpc Notpc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Out In The Desert(Behind Enemy Lines)
Posts: 820
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wasn't there a iPhone app that was being developed for detecting concealed weapons? Turned out to be "vaporware".
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-10-2019, 9:00 PM
General's Avatar
General General is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,625
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Shooters gona shoot anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:24 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.