Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-07-2019, 6:27 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation **** ANTI-2A COMPANIES TO AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH ****

I don't want to do business with any company that is anti-2A or supports politicos that are anti-2A. I don't want to do business that donates to anti-2A organizations. I find lists like this one below, but it seems they are all out of date or incomplete.

Does anyone know if there is a more current list? Also, please feel free to add companies that are anti-2A here so we can share the information.

I'll start with Dick's and Yeti.

Old 03-07-2019, 6:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

From 2014?
List needs updating.
Old 03-07-2019, 7:50 PM

https://www.2ndvote.com/company-scores/

Get the app, too!
Old 03-07-2019, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

No not Jack in the Box. No one makes tacos like them. Yummm.
Old 03-07-2019, 9:22 PM
Banned

So pretty much everybody but gun stores gets a boycott.

Don't really care, more sweet cherry lime aid for me, none for you.
Old 03-07-2019, 9:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
So pretty much everybody but gun stores gets a boycott.

Don't really care, more sweet cherry lime aid for me, none for you.
Haha I know. No way im boycotting all of these companies. Ill just vote pro-2a and these companies can do as they like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 03-07-2019, 11:19 PM

LOL @ people living and paying taxes in California talking about boycotts.

Neither a Republican nor a Democrat. Partisanship will destroy this country. Glory to the USA, glory to Ukraine, and I hope that someday Russia is free and the normal people have a voice. Glory to the true heroes of Russia who fight against the dictatorship! RIP to Navalny, Nemtsov, Politkovskaya, and many other Russian heroes who fearlessly stood against the Russian regime!

AR-15 parts for sale:
Old 03-08-2019, 3:42 AM
Waiting for Abs
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

If A&P refers to the grocery company they went out of business 11/30/2015.
Old 03-08-2019, 6:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

These are all already on my list.
Recently I was forced to add Sprint and Bank of America!
Thanx OP !

As an aside I contacted Benchmade yesterday and they have not answered my inquiry as to why they support antigun democrats. Will update if they do answer.

Last edited by ja308; 03-08-2019 at 6:55 AM..
Old 03-08-2019, 7:04 AM

Add Nestle, TripAdvisor, Expedia, Honda, and Mitsubishi.
Old 03-08-2019, 7:11 AM

Also IHOP, Hulu, Wafair, Slimfast, and Red Lobster.

Last edited by vintagedude88; 03-08-2019 at 8:58 AM..
Old 03-08-2019, 7:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron2k84 View Post
Interesting site. I'm wondering how they come up with their ratings and I see at least one where they disagree with the above list.
The above list shows at #6 California Pizza Kitchen.
The web site show them at 3 which is green.
https://www.2ndvote.com/business-ent...pizza-kitchen/
Old 03-08-2019, 7:35 AM

need pro 2a companies list...
Old 03-08-2019, 7:57 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Waste of time. As stated above the list of anti gun businesses is wary too long to deal with
Old 03-08-2019, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoRob View Post
Interesting site. I'm wondering how they come up with their ratings and I see at least one where they disagree with the above list.
3 just means neutral. If you read the details, they don't have enough supporting information to assess CPK. This brings up how legitimate all the lists are, without statements from the companies about their standards and positions.

According to this site, their transgression was prohibiting open carry. No comment on CCW.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Interesting in a different thread people were saying Chase was pro 2A, but on the 2nd Vote site they are red with 1.6 rating...
phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links
Old 03-08-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
Interesting in a different thread people were saying Chase was pro 2A, but on the 2nd Vote site they are red with 1.6 rating...
Their score is "2" for 2A, for reasons below, but their score is lower because of all the other SJW causes they support:

Quote:
2nd Amendment
JPMorgan Chase contributes to the Brady Campaign, which is opposed to Stand your Ground Laws and concealed carry, Accessed 5/25/18.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to YWCA, which is a member of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV). CSGV opposes “Stand Your Ground” laws and opposes concealed carry, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate sponsor of the National Urban League, which supports a full repeal of “Stand Your Ground” laws, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, which supports the 2nd Amendment and the right for citizens to own, carry and use firearms, Accessed 5/16/18.

Environment
JPMorgan Chase is a signer of the Ceres Climate Declaration; Ceres is a business coalition that supports cap-and-trade, Accessed 05/17/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a partner of The Nature Conservancy, a liberal and active proponent of cap-and-trade and a carbon tax, Accessed 5/16/18.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to Greenpeace, which supports cap-and-trade and a carbon tax, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to the Environmental Defense Fund, an organization that supports cap-and-trade, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to National Wildlife Federation, which supports cap-and-trade and opposes the Keystone Pipeline, Accessed 5/18/18.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to Natural Resources Defense Council, which supports and advocates for cap-and-trade, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, which opposes cap-and-trade and is opposed to a carbon tax, Accessed 4/27/17.

Marriage
JPMorgan Chase received a score of 100 on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and also contributes to the HRC. See more on HRC’s position on marriage here, Accessed 5/22/18.
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate partner of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), which supported same-sex marriage by signing an amicus brief asking the Supreme Court to overturn state marriage laws in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), Accessed 06/12/18.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to YWCA, which supports same-sex marriage, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate sponsor of the National Urban League, which supports same-sex marriage, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to GLAAD, which supports same-sex marriage, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase supported same-sex marriage by signing an amicus brief asking the Supreme Court to overturn state marriage laws in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), Accessed 6/5/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Salvation Army, a group supporting traditional marriage, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, which supports traditional marriage, Accessed 5/16/18.

Life
JPMorgan Chase directly contributes to Planned Parenthood, Accessed 5/8/18.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to United Way chapters that donate to Planned Parenthood, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase matches gifts to Susan G. Komen NYC and MN chapters, which fund Planned Parenthood programs, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to Girls Inc., a pro-abortion organization, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to YWCA, a pro-abortion organization, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to Catholic Charities, a pro-life organization, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, a pro-life organization, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Salvation Army, a pro-life organization, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate supporter of the Center for Reproductive Rights, a legal group who pushes abortion throughout the world. Accessed 06/27/18.

Education
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate sponsor of the National Urban League, which supports Common Core, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a member of Business Roundtable, which supports both Common Core and school choice, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, which supports school choice and opposes Common Core, Accessed 4/27/17.

Immigration
JPMorgan Chase contributes to and sponsored the 2018 UnidosUS, formerly known as La Raza, annual banquet, Accessed 5/18/18.

Ford contributes to UnidosUS, and is on the Corporate Board of Advisors, which advocates for sanctuary cities, Accessed 5/18/18.
UnidosUS advocates for sanctuary cities, Accessed 9/01/16.
JPMorgan Chase funds the Raza Development Fund (RDF), an affiliate of La Raza, Accessed 12/21/16.
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate partner and 2018 conference sponsor of USHCC, which advocates for sanctuary cities, Accessed 12/12/18.
JPMorgan Chase is a corporate sponsor of the National Urban League, which is a member of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, which supports sanctuary cities, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase funds the Hispanic Federation, which advocates for sanctuary cities, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, which opposes sanctuary cities, Accessed 6/28/17.

Religious Liberty
JPMorgan Chase received a score of 100 on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and also contributes to the HRC. See more on HRC’s position on religious liberty here, Accessed 1/11/18.
JPMorgan Chase is a sponsor of Equality Florida, which is a coalition opposed to religious liberty protections in Florida, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a sponsor of Basic Rights Oregon, which supports transgender bathroom bills and opposes religious liberty, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase is a member of a business coalition supporting passage of the Equality Act, a national sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) accommodation mandate that would undermine 1st Amendment protections for religious liberty Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to Out and Equal, which is a group promoting SOGI policies and protections that violate religious freedom and freedom of conscious protections, Accessed 4/27/17.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to Catholic Charities, which support RFRA, Accessed 1/11/18.
JPMorgan Chase contributes to The Heritage Foundation, which supports religious liberty, Accessed 1/11/18.

JPMorgan Chase Brands Include:
Chase, Providian, ClimateCare, One Equity Partners
https://www.2ndvote.com/business-ent...-morgan-chase/
Old 03-08-2019, 1:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
Let start by stating clearly that I disagree with much of what was said above.

But to me, how you spend you money is critical OP. You support policies with the dollars you spend. While I may disagree with you, I applaud you for being aware of this fact and acting in a manner consistent with your personal beliefs. Most people are clueless about the direct effect how they spend their money has. Kudos.

To me, 'economic democracy' is the the most direct, and arguably, the last true form of democracy in the US. You vote with your dollars. I am very careful about how I spend money. I use an app called 'buycott' to assure I do not buy products from Koch family companies among others for instance.

But if your personal list is so broad as to include any company that ever gave to a politician the supported gun control, you're soon to have problems doing an awful lot of things required to exist day in day out in 21st century America OP.

Ask me how I know this.
So you support anti-gun companies? Would love if you elaborated specifically what you disagree with regarding the OP, because it seems you are generally on board with economic democracy.

On side note, I see Toys R US is on the list. I'll never shop there again!
For you to believe globalization can continue, you have to believe it doesn't require increased consumption and that the Americans will continue to bleed and die so that the Chinese can access energy. - Peter Zeihan
Old 03-08-2019, 2:29 PM

levi strauss ?
Old 03-08-2019, 2:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
Haha I know. No way im boycotting all of these companies. Ill just vote pro-2a and these companies can do as they like.
Join the NRA, the CRPA and Second Amendment Foundation as well....

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-08-2019, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
So you support anti-gun companies?
Everyone supports anti-gun companies. It would be impossible to function otherwise. How many here can say they never use google? Never read newspapers that make money off their viewer numbers? Posting on this forum probably indirectly supports at least a few anti-gun companies.

Makes sense to avoid the anti-gun ones as much a practical, and support the obvious pro-gun companies as much as practical, but to think you're going to avoid all of the anti-gun ones is fooling yourself.
Old 03-08-2019, 4:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I'm waiting for the CRPA to actually do something effective before I give them my money.
Old 03-08-2019, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron2k84 View Post
3 just means neutral. If you read the details, they don't have enough supporting information to assess CPK. This brings up how legitimate all the lists are, without statements from the companies about their standards and positions.

According to this site, their transgression was prohibiting open carry. No comment on CCW.
They use red yellow and green. IMHO then it should be yellow not green or they need a forth color. Anyway my point is these lists don’t match.
Old 03-08-2019, 7:15 PM

Costco? RIP..
Old 03-08-2019, 7:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

JP Morgan Chase contributes to the pro gun Heritage Foundation . This site seems all over the place.
Old 03-08-2019, 7:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captn-tin View Post
levi strauss ?
On the NRA list which means they are the worst of the worst .
Old 03-08-2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder2003 View Post
If A&P refers to the grocery company they went out of business 11/30/2015.
Proof that boycotts work. We'll take them down 1 business at a time.
Old 03-08-2019, 8:11 PM

Most of these businesses don't really have an opinion of 2A. They are just reacting to the propaganda that is spewed out by the left wing media that gives them the perception that by being 2A makes them 1 of the guys. They don't really care as long as they are making money. The real enemy of the state is the extreme left wing bias of the MSM.
Old 03-08-2019, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Why not the GOA? They seem more dedicated to protecting our rights than the NRA.

Neither a Republican nor a Democrat. Partisanship will destroy this country. Glory to the USA, glory to Ukraine, and I hope that someday Russia is free and the normal people have a voice. Glory to the true heroes of Russia who fight against the dictatorship! RIP to Navalny, Nemtsov, Politkovskaya, and many other Russian heroes who fearlessly stood against the Russian regime!

AR-15 parts for sale:
Old 03-08-2019, 11:12 PM

The 2nd Vote app uses a scoring system to show how deep these anti companies are.
Old 03-09-2019, 8:51 AM

Yeti is not anti-gun.
Old 03-09-2019, 9:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post
Yeti is not anti-gun.
I think this is the controversy around Yeti:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ye...business-ties/

From the NRA standpoint they are Anti.
From Yeti's standpoint they are not.
phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)

Crowdsourced 2A Calendar

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links
Old 03-09-2019, 9:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yeti is not anti-gun.
Why do you believe Yeti is NOT anti gun ?
Old 03-09-2019, 9:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by george223 View Post
Most of these businesses don't really have an opinion of 2A. They are just reacting to the propaganda that is spewed out by the left wing media that gives them the perception that by being 2A makes them 1 of the guys. They don't really care as long as they are making money. The real enemy of the state is the extreme left wing bias of the MSM.
The exception is those who are on the NRA list ! those persons and business's use their wealth and status to fight against the 2nd amendment.

It takes a lot to get on the NRA list and everyone on it is proud of their position of trying to destroy RKBA!

100% correct on the big democrat media ^5
Old 03-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Why do you believe Yeti is NOT anti gun ?
Yeti explained the situation rather clearly. You can find it on the internet on your own.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yeti explained the situation rather clearly. You can find it on the internet on your own.
I’m guessing you believe Democrat’s who say they are not anti’s when they say it, Jusse, and believe in the Easter Bunny as well.
Old 03-09-2019, 1:24 PM
Waiting for Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by george223 View Post
Proof that boycotts work. We'll take them down 1 business at a time.
Had nothing to do with any boycott. If there even was one.
Old 03-09-2019, 1:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagedude88 View Post
Also IHOP, Hulu, Wafair, Slimfast, and Red Lobster.
Add CNN to the list too!
Old 03-09-2019, 1:27 PM
Waiting for Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
JP Morgan Chase contributes to the pro gun Heritage Foundation . This site seems all over the place.
Sad to say they recently closed the accounts of one or two outspoken conservatives.
Old 03-09-2019, 4:16 PM

Quote:
I’m guessing you believe Democrat’s who say they are not anti’s when they say it, Jusse, and believe in the Easter Bunny as well.
Umm, okay.

I have no connection to Yeti. But from what I understand, they didn't want to cut ties to the NRA. They were changing the discount program to it as well as to many other organizations at the same time.

“When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations about this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20. YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment."

I have no reason not to believe them but if you have any information that contradicts their statement please let me hear it and I will gladly reconsider my opinion of them.