Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-22-2019, 6:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Want to understand how SCOTUS works? This article may help

This is an article about how the rather bizarre SCOTUS ruling and voting came about in the ObamaCare case. It may give some insight into how the SCOTUS sometimes works.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/21/polit...ief/index.html

My apologies to the moderators if they object. This is not directly related to the right to self-defense but may help people understand how the SCOTUS works and thus make the decisions which have been made and which will be made about 2A cases more explicable.

Edit: Note that to me it sounds more like a legislative process than what I would hope would be a deliberative process based solely on the Constitution and the relevant laws and precedents.

Last edited by OleCuss; 03-22-2019 at 6:13 AM..
Old 03-22-2019, 7:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Sounds like Roberts cared more about big business than he did the people of the U.S. and co-opted the liberals. Given this was written by CNN it's rather disingenuous how they tried to portray Ginsburg as being for open-mindedness when she's probably one of the most staunchly partisan justices ever to sit on the USSC.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 03-22-2019, 7:27 AM

I've read the aforementioned linked article this morning. It was linked at Drudge Report. Politicians and all but the most naive lawyers have outed the US supreme court (it doesn't deserve proper noun status) as political, not justice. The US supreme court is our grand marsupial menagerie (kangaroo court).

Much contrary to revisionist history, our Founding Fathers never intended 3 equal branches of government. The third branch, the judiciary, was to be inferior to Article I & Article II. Justices are not responsible to We, the People. Article III does not grant authority to any court to create law. Only congress can create law.

John Marshall, a liar, cheat, and fraud, attempted to foist upon We, the People his illegitimate and sinister agenda of elevating the third branch of government to status of Article I and Article II. John Marshall should have been impeached: https://www.amazon.com/Without-Prece...SIN=1594488231 John Marshall's cousin, Thomas Jefferson, threatened him with yanking him from his marsupial pouch at US Army bayonet point. Andrew Jackson had no respect for the psychopath, James Marshall.

Speaking of impeachment, since the birth of our nation, only 1 justice has been impeached. Does any rational person really believe that Satanic power has prevented every single other justice from engaging in treachery? The last district court judge to be impeached was in the 1970's. Really? Not another has committed an impeachable offense? Does anyone believe that?

The US marsupial menagerie and its subordinate marsupials are patsies for Article I hustlers. Patsies have to be protected lest their out their benefactors.

The US supreme court has become proxy for uncomfortable legislation that was intended to be domain of only congress. Roe v Wade was definitive illegal usurpation of constitutional authority. Warren Burger created law out of an illusion.

The US supreme court metes out political agenda. Justice is subordinate to political agenda. The US supreme court has destroyed justice in America. We have a two-tier justice system that was created by pettifogging lawyers and ratified by the US marsupial menagerie. We, the People are intimidated and controlled by laws. Our ruling elite are immune from laws that control and intimidate We, the People.

There's damned good reason why only 37% of naive Americans have faith in our justice system, and why Americans consistently rank lawyers in the lowest tier of America's most admired professions. And our legal menagerie is laden with sociopaths. Pathological lying is a symptom of sociopathy.

Never forget that the US supreme court has illegitimately seized power to strip Amendment II from our Bill of Rights. All it'd take is for an egocentric, megalomaniac pettifogger to take an Amendment II case before the US supreme court, lose, and the court opine that Amendment II does not mean as intended by James Madison. Gun confiscation would begin the following day.

It's long past time that We, the People regained our sovereignty. The US supreme court, nor does any court, possess enforcement authority. Enforcement is executive authority. Hence a county sheriff or United states president could easily defy any opinion of 2-bit black nylon cloaked imbeciles.

We've been conditioned (duped) to accept justices and judges as omniscient arbiters of justice when it's political agenda they're hustling. Americans are the most propagandized people on Earth, and we're easily propagandized.

My bet is we'll lose Amendment II as an OPINION of our de facto ancillary legislative branch: the US marsupial menagerie. Remember that all it'd take is a nitwit lawyer (nitwit lawyers grossly outnumber competent lawyers) to take an Amendment II case before the marsupial menagerie, have 5 justices opine that James Madison's Amendment II doesn't mean what We, the People know he meant (see The Federalist No. 46), and our guns will be confiscated the following day.

If any lawyer tries to tell you that Marbury v Madison created "judicial review", hire a more competent lawyer. John Marshall tried to create judicial review. His cousin, Thomas Jefferson, set him straight.

Americans need no other authority to enslave them. They're enslaving themselves. If the US marsupial menagerie told Americans that the moon is made of cream cheese, they'd stock up on Ritz.

Neocons are most dangerous to Americans' rights and liberties. I'd just as soon trust a Mojave green before I'd trust a neocon. The Bush Family Cartel is a gaggle of neocons. I highly suspect Roberts is a neocon. Fox News is not conservative. It's the Neocon News Network.

Last edited by EMP3; 03-22-2019 at 7:35 AM..
Old 03-22-2019, 7:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
It may give some insight into how the SCOTUS sometimes works.
Overbroad

It may give insight into how some types of Justices sometimes act, nothing more. Note in the article which Justices are not involved in the negotiating process. As Scalia famously said, "An originalist has nothing to bargain with"
Old 03-22-2019, 9:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The SCROTUS is a PC court in search of a PC ruling.
Old 03-23-2019, 7:20 AM

Why neocons are We, the People's most dangerous enemy:

https://www.mintpressnews.com/16-yea...eocons/256387/

Never ever forget that neocon Gradydaddy, Leo Strauss & his protégé, Irving "Neocon Mack Daddy" Kristol sought to corrupt Americans by duping them in to voting themselves in to enslavement.

The Republican Party left me when it was co-opted by neocons.
Old 03-23-2019, 7:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Red face

That was easy. The NSA gave Justice Roberts his wife & kids back, as soon as he voted the righ-... I mean, "correct"... way.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Side question: how many people reading this were alive and in school back when you had to learn about the Constitution (and how it worked) before you could graduate from the 8th grade?*

I can't escape the feeling that had "they" kept on doing that, we wouldn't be in the fix we're now in.

(*For me, it was in Poway CA, 1963)

- Giacomo Leopardi
Old 03-25-2019, 10:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklon View Post
Side question: how many people reading this were alive and in school back when you had to learn about the Constitution (and how it worked) before you could graduate from the 8th grade?*

I can't escape the feeling that had "they" kept on doing that, we wouldn't be in the fix we're now in.

(*For me, it was in Poway CA, 1963)
The subject has long since changed to the examination of teacher's feelings on it.

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292