Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 01-03-2023, 9:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Calguns is being moved to new servers which slowed things yesterday. So that could be the reason. Running faster today for me but not back to old speeds.
I figured that was it since it was super laggy both over cellular and strong wifi

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 01-03-2023 at 9:37 AM..
Old 01-03-2023, 1:28 PM
Veteran Member

Default Extradition hearing waived

The latest report is that the accused waived his right to an extradition hearing. So now it cannot be argued that he fled to avoid prosecution.
Old 01-05-2023, 8:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Here is a prime example of why "the media" is useless in their reporting:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...bad6cb0a1f7b60

Basically, it is a whole article on where the suspect stopped to take a leak during transport.

Quote:
Idaho murder suspect goes to the bathroom during Illinois pitstop while being transported

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 01-05-2023, 10:02 AM
Calguns Addict

"probable cause" affidavit for warrant. Apparently, they had his DNA on a Kabar knife sheath left next to a victim, and matched it to his family.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documen...rett-payne.pdf

Quote:
On December 27, 2022, Pennsylvania Agents recovered the trash from the Kohberger family residence located in Albrightsville, PA. That evidence was sent to the Idaho State Lab for testing. On December 28,2022, the Idaho State Lab reported that a DNA profrle obtained ftom the trash and the DNA profile obtained from the sheath, identified a male as not being excluded as the bioiogical father of Suspect Profrle. At least 99.9998% of the male population would be expected to be excluded from the possibility of being the suspect's biological father.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 01-05-2023, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

In this entire thread there was one derogatory post made by a cal Gunner towards the op, and the op said he reported it and rightfully it should be removed. The fact that cal guns administrators removed a vast majority of the posts on this thread is absurd. The censorship that is taking place on this entire website is unprecedented. There was nothing derogatory said in several of my posts and they were all taken down. No profanity, I was strictly arguing and opposite view of the point that the op made and they were removed. Sadly, aside from the marketplace, calguns has turned into a worthless website
Old 01-05-2023, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
In this entire thread there was one derogatory post made by a cal Gunner towards the op, and the op said he reported it and rightfully it should be removed. The fact that cal guns administrators removed a vast majority of the posts on this thread is absurd. The censorship that is taking place on this entire website is unprecedented. There was nothing derogatory said in several of my posts and they were all taken down. No profanity, I was strictly arguing and opposite view of the point that the op made and they were removed. Sadly, aside from the marketplace, calguns has turned into a worthless website
What makes you think that the lost posts were not lost as part of the move to new servers? Did you not see the warning prior to the move to new servers that some post could be lost?
Old 01-05-2023, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

Yes I did see that, but I have to assume that they haven't moved over to the new servers yet because calguns is still disgustingly slow to load.
Old 01-05-2023, 3:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yes I did see that, but I have to assume that they haven't moved over to the new servers yet because calguns is still disgustingly slow to load.
From what was explained, the processes requires some rewrite of the existing code and maybe some entirely new code which implies that it will not be a simple task of moving all of the posts to the new servers. And, as the old servers are shut down, there is the possibility that some data could be lost. I also see no reason why many of the missing posts would be purposefully deleted.
Old 01-05-2023, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
Here is a prime example of why "the media" is useless in their reporting:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...bad6cb0a1f7b60

Basically, it is a whole article on where the suspect stopped to take a leak during transport.
I guess we can look forward to all his bathroom breaks in prison too.

What has become of journalism? I never really had any respect for it but give me a freaking break, someone received a paycheck for this.

In what world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.
Old 01-05-2023, 3:46 PM

Double post due to the changeover lag, my mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.
Old 01-05-2023, 8:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
I concur, in spades. I'd assume a moderator or administrator didn't feel good about something in the thread. I've been here since Ramon owned the forum, and IMO I should have had mod or admin msg me with why the thread was blown to hell...nothing at this point.

On the other hand is that what Calguns.net has morphed into?

I do not believe the issue is due to new server and/or software lost during the system upgrade.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 01-05-2023, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
I concur, in spades. I'd assume a moderator or administrator didn't feel good about something in the thread. I've been here since Ramon owned the forum, and IMO I should have had mod or admin msg me with why the thread was blown to hell...nothing at this point.

On the other hand is that what Calguns.net has morphed into?

I do not believe the issue is due to new server and/or software lost during the system upgrade.
Let me respectively disagree. It is not a system upgrade but a move to new servers (provider) because the prior provider is going out of business. Also, there were several non controversial posts that were lost. Furthermore, all of this was happening when Kes was occupied by personal family duties and I have not observed a reluctance of the mods to explain their actions.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
"probable cause" affidavit for warrant. Apparently, they had his DNA on a Kabar knife sheath left next to a victim, and matched it to his family.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documen...rett-payne.pdf
Interesting. Not nearly as much speculation as the affidavit in the Patriot Front cases, but still some, such as the phone "could have be turned off." That is pure speculation, which is not evidence.
Old 01-07-2023, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Interesting. Not nearly as much speculation as the affidavit in the Patriot Front cases, but still some, such as the phone "could have be turned off." That is pure speculation, which is not evidence.
There was also video evidence gleaned from surrounding homes and businesses showing the white Elantra making multiple passes in front of the victims address and/or road at the estimated time of the killings. There could be wiggle room for the defense in that aspect, as the car in question is not an uncommon one, and no license plate was visible in the images captured, but as a non LEO/lawyer, it would be enough probable cause for me to think that maybe it was the killer's vehicle. I don't believe in this day and age of non-removable battery cell phones, that the phone is ever "off" or that airplane mode disables location tracking. I also could be paranoid on that point. If it's not technically capable now, it soon will be. leave your phone home if you are going to do dirt i guess.
The prosecutor will need to have all their ducks in a row, as this is a high-profile, nationally reported case. Lots of folks want blood.

"Slavery is the most profitable business in human history. This explains why your current overseers across the world want a GREAT RESET. ?You will own nothing' conversely means 'they will own everything, including you.? -Jason Powers
Old 01-07-2023, 8:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtonhouse View Post
There was also video evidence gleaned from surrounding homes and businesses showing the white Elantra making multiple passes in front of the victims address and/or road at the estimated time of the killings. There could be wiggle room for the defense in that aspect, as the car in question is not an uncommon one, and no license plate was visible in the images captured, but as a non LEO/lawyer, it would be enough probable cause for me to think that maybe it was the killer's vehicle. I don't believe in this day and age of non-removable battery cell phones, that the phone is ever "off" or that airplane mode disables location tracking. I also could be paranoid on that point. If it's not technically capable now, it soon will be. leave your phone home if you are going to do dirt i guess.
Better advice would be do not do dirt!
Quote:
The prosecutor will need to have all their ducks in a row, as this is a high-profile, nationally reported case. Lots of folks want blood.
Yes, there appears to be those who want blood. For me, I want justice.
Old 01-09-2023, 1:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dna tripped him up. TRhe leos found vehicle and traced to Pennsylvania. Then staked out house and took forensic dna from trash, traced to father which lead to warrant and arrest and Dna match from suspect to scene. He is toast as his cellphone placed him at location. Death penalty for him.

Last edited by edgerly779; 01-09-2023 at 2:56 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 2:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Dna tripped him up. TRhe leos found vehicle and traced to Pennsylvania. Then staked out house and took forensic dna from trash, traced to father which lead to warranty and arrest and Dna match from suspect to scene. He is toast as his cellphone placed him at location. Death penalty for him.
As I read the affidavit, there were no hits on his cell phone near the scene about the time of the murders. Vehicle model year is different from what was originally reported.
Old 01-09-2023, 2:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

14 pings on cellphone put him in area. Surviving witness picked him out. Interview with leos was on earlier outlining this. Shoe impression also linked to him.
Old 01-09-2023, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
14 pings on cellphone put him in area.
At the time of the murders which was my time frame?
Quote:
Surviving witness picked him out.
Witness said the person she saw was wearing a mask. Where is the report that she "picked him out"?
Quote:
Interview with leos was on earlier outlining this.
Interviews with LEOS are not evidence but hearsay!
Quote:
Shoe impression also linked to him.
I read where a shoe print was found but have not seen any reports tying the shoe print to the defendant.
Old 01-18-2023, 7:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Looks like there is evidence of stalking:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...645181ea88d47b

Quote:
In the weeks before four students were found dead inside a residence near the University of Idaho, suspect Bryan Kohberger messaged one of the victims on Instagram — and then kept reaching out after she did not respond, according to a new report.

Old 01-18-2023, 9:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Looks like there is evidence of stalking:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...645181ea88d47b
From the link: "an account authorities suspect belonged to Kohberger attempted to connect with one of the women he would allegedly go on to kill, a source familiar with the investigation told People." (Italic added) A suspicion in a MSN article from a source familiar with the investigation revealed to People is hardly what I would call evidence of stalking. Of course, I am somewhat Nit-picky about such things.