Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
Interesting. I keep getting the in process response. And I honestly was expecting up to 6 months as well for live scan results. But according to other forum members. Yezzo has stated that it is taking 2-3 months. So i'm confused on what to believe now.
Well I picked my CCW up 2 weeks ago and mine was 6.5months from beginning of livescan. Unless something changed in the last week and things magically sped up by 3 months I'm willing to bet 6 months is a safe bet for anyone in the middle of the process at this moment.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:49 AM
Veteran Member

I said I wanted to get more girls. And everyone knows girls dig CCW holders.

If you do even a cursory search of the forum, you'll see most folks don't post their specific GCS to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA15 View Post
So what were your guys "good causes?". At SBSO I said personal protection and they said here is your CCW.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRacer151 View Post
Well I picked my CCW up 2 weeks ago and mine was 6.5months from beginning of livescan. Unless something changed in the last week and things magically sped up by 3 months I'm willing to bet 6 months is a safe bet for anyone in the middle of the process at this moment.
Thanks for the info things are looking up.
Old 02-15-2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRacer151 View Post
I am fully expecting 6+ months. But it had been mentioned that the CCW class was informed that the process for livescan was quicker than it had been. Somewhere in the range of only taking 2-3 months.
Old 02-19-2017, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
I am fully expecting 6+ months. But it had been mentioned that the CCW class was informed that the process for livescan was quicker than it had been. Somewhere in the range of only taking 2-3 months.
Licescan performed at the end of August, still waiting for "the call"...I'm hoping the phone rings somewhere near the end of February.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Someone w/a contact in the Riverside Co CCW dept should pass along:
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...121987214.html

Sacramento, San Bernardino, Fresno, Placer, and Monterey county SOs have now all gone online w/their CCW apps: initial and renewals. For Sac, this means only 1 apt for new apps and NO apts for renewals! Saves both sides time, expenses and effort.
Soooo did any Riverside CGNers pass that link and info along to the sheriff's CCW folk like I suggested 2 months ago???

Since then, Solano has implemented online apps and even little San Benito expects to make the switch this month. But two of the largest issuers of CCWs in CA (Riverside and Orange) haven't???

Unless you guys (and the SO) like wasting time and effort getting going thru the app process, I suggest someone in Riverside Co -- esp if they know someone in the CCW unit -- step up and suggest they switch to online apps. For renewals EVERYTHING is done online, no appointment necessary!

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Soooo did any Riverside CGNers pass that link and info along to the sheriff's CCW folk like I suggested 2 months ago???

Since then, Solano has implemented online apps and even little San Benito expects to make the switch this month. But two of the largest issuers of CCWs in CA (Riverside and Orange) haven't???

Unless you guys (and the SO) like wasting time and effort getting going thru the app process, I suggest someone in Riverside Co -- esp if they know someone in the CCW unit -- step up and suggest they switch to online apps. For renewals EVERYTHING is done online, no appointment necessary!
Riverside Sheriff is a very large government organization. Setting up an online CCW process is not as easy as going down to Best Buy and buying a software package. Especially since the CCW involves PII (personally identifiable information), it is going to require some serious security.

Riverside has moved to a larger location, hired an assistant, and appears to be making an attempt to reduce the wait times. I also heard they are making some changes to the process to make it quicker. But as with any large organization, change takes time.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:45 PM

Not that easy bro.

Since you have the intel why not come up with a proposal for OCSD and RC?

Quote:

Old 02-24-2017, 7:59 PM

Hi Guys,

I've read a good amount of info on this thread and have been thinking about getting a CCW for awhile now. I just wanted to see if I could some help regarding my GC. If anybody would be kind enough to help me out, I can message you my GC before I decide to make an appointment.
Old 02-24-2017, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicc View Post
Hi Guys,

I've read a good amount of info on this thread and have been thinking about getting a CCW for awhile now. I just wanted to see if I could some help regarding my GC. If anybody would be kind enough to help me out, I can message you my GC before I decide to make an appointment.
Call and make the appointment. The wait is 2+ years for the interview. Plenty of time to work on your GC.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGunGuns View Post
Call and make the appointment. The wait is 2+ years for the interview. Plenty of time to work on your GC.
I didn't realize it was that long, I'll go ahead and call on Monday to schedule the interview. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 PM

Does any one know where i can get a sample of good morale referrals letter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2017, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDNINER View Post
Well, it finally happened. I was made last night. Took the girlfriend to riverside plaza for dinner and we decided to see a movie at the regal theater. Got tickets went inside. As we were in the theater going down the hallway I hear " excuse me sir" turn around and it's an open carrying security guard. Without hesitation he asks me if I'm carrying. I tell him I have a permit. He says I can stay if I remove my firearm and leave it in the car.but regal cinemas is private property. I respectfully decline and ask for a refund of my tickets which I get. As he is walking us out I ask how in the hell did he make me, as I was wearing an iwb holster and 2 layers of clothing (shirt and jacket) and never made any moves to adjust my pants or belt. He said "I'm trained to spot them" I shook his hand and left and made it a redbox night. Never once did I see a no firearms sign even though he told me it was posted, I looked after I got out and didn't see anything.
Just thought I would share my experience last night. I kind of felt like an outcast. I mean, wouldn't he want me there in case of a crisis?
End of rant-
That security guard asked a friend of mine if he was carrying last month when he wasn't. When my friend responded "no" he was required to expose his waistband.
Old 03-04-2017, 1:57 PM

Update:

Made appointment: 2/14/2016
Initial Interview: 2/9/2017
Livescan: 2/15/2017
Range Qual: 3/4/2017

All done and now have to wait on my approval or disapproval. I had my range qual at Ben Clark this morning and I cannot stress enough how incredible everyone there is. Deputy Searless, who replaced Aguirre, is in charge of my file and is awesome. They all want you to get your permit and see all of us as the "good guys." Some info on the range at Ben Clark it is now 18 rounds of slow fire to a B-27 Target. 6 rounds at 15 yards, 6 at 10 yards, and 6 at 7 yards. Slow fire so you can take all the time in the world to get them downrange. If you have a 5 round revolver then it is only 15 rounds. Rangemaster Sgt. Mitchell and Cpl. Coinn (Marines) were incredibly funny and very pro 2A. It was super easy and fast. Still keep your eyes open, there were a couple people on the line that swung that muzzle around during reloading.

One thing Deputy Yezzo mentioned today is that he doesn't know how or why its happening, but they are getting Livescans back in weeks. He doesn't know why but they are. Some applicants are coming back in 2 weeks while others are still months behind. just how it is. But because they are backlogged at the unit you still are going to have to wait.

USN 2000-2004
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) WestPac 2002
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Old 03-04-2017, 5:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I was there with you! Those guys in that department are amazing. They have the best personalities for being so under staffed. Good luck getting your permit asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvelas2A View Post
Update:

Made appointment: 2/14/2016
Initial Interview: 2/9/2017
Livescan: 2/15/2017
Range Qual: 3/4/2017

All done and now have to wait on my approval or disapproval. I had my range qual at Ben Clark this morning and I cannot stress enough how incredible everyone there is. Deputy Searless, who replaced Aguirre, is in charge of my file and is awesome. They all want you to get your permit and see all of us as the "good guys." Some info on the range at Ben Clark it is now 18 rounds of slow fire to a B-27 Target. 6 rounds at 15 yards, 6 at 10 yards, and 6 at 7 yards. Slow fire so you can take all the time in the world to get them downrange. If you have a 5 round revolver then it is only 15 rounds. Rangemaster Sgt. Mitchell and Cpl. Coinn (Marines) were incredibly funny and very pro 2A. It was super easy and fast. Still keep your eyes open, there were a couple people on the line that swung that muzzle around during reloading.

One thing Deputy Yezzo mentioned today is that he doesn't know how or why its happening, but they are getting Livescans back in weeks. He doesn't know why but they are. Some applicants are coming back in 2 weeks while others are still months behind. just how it is. But because they are backlogged at the unit you still are going to have to wait.
Old 03-04-2017, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegonewild View Post
I was there with you! Those guys in that department are amazing. They have the best personalities for being so under staffed. Good luck getting your permit asap.
Yeah I totally agree!! I was laughing so hard during class. I was wondering if there were any Calgunners in the class this morning and I was right. I was the school counselor with the question about schools. Thank you, I have a good feeling about it, but won't keep my hopes up.

USN 2000-2004
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Old 03-04-2017, 6:59 PM

I was there with you guys too!! Was a fun day, awesome class!!! The Deputies sure do make it great!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2017, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree!! I was laughing so hard during class. I was wondering if there were any Calgunners in the class this morning and I was right. I was the school counselor with the question about schools. Thank you, I have a good feeling about it, but won't keep my hopes up.
Lol, I am Ron's brother in the Camo. I think u were right behind us.
Old 03-04-2017, 8:17 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
...Cpl. Coinn (Marines) were incredibly funny and very pro 2A.
Coinn is a good dude, he knows his **** upside down and inside out and is friendly on and off the range.

Old 03-04-2017, 8:25 PM

Quote:
That is great news! Too late for me. I waited SIX MONTHS for livescan results. It was the longest six months of my life.
Old 03-04-2017, 8:55 PM

Did you all bring in 2 passport photos like stated on the app?
Old 03-04-2017, 9:50 PM

You should unless you want a delay in processing your app

Quote:
Old 03-04-2017, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Of course. They are cool guys working in that department, but they will jump all over you if you don't have your ***** together

Last edited by davegonewild; 03-04-2017 at 10:26 PM..
Old 03-04-2017, 10:49 PM

Cool thanks for the input guys, I can't believe how much more crap RSO wants over SBCSD. Glad to hear the live scan process is moving faster.
Old 03-05-2017, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegonewild View Post
Lol, I am Ron's brother in the Camo. I think u were right behind us.
HAHA Yeah dude, I was right behind you. When I saw your brother I immediately thought, "holy **** he looks like Ron Jeremy!" LOL. It was the stash and hair. Funny guy though. Glad that there was Calgunners there. I thought about asking but didn't even know how.

USN 2000-2004
Old 03-05-2017, 9:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
Coinn is a good dude, he knows his **** upside down and inside out and is friendly on and off the range.
Yes he is. He has that look and appearance of I will f*** your s**t up in a hot minute, but looks can be deceiving. lol. I told him it would have been a riot to have served with him. Mitchell also is a great dude.

USN 2000-2004
Old 03-07-2017, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier1922 View Post
Does any one know where i can get a sample of good morale referrals letter

Pretty Simple,

Ive Known Javier1922 for many years now. He is a standup guy with a good personality. I am aware that he is applying for Riverside Concealed Weapons Permit. I feel confident that Javier1922 has the necessary training required to Carry concealed.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:00 PM

Hey guys, How long is the Permit good for?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznitch15 View Post
Pretty Simple,

Ive Known Javier1922 for many years now. He is a standup guy with a good personality. I am aware that he is applying for Riverside Concealed Weapons Permit. I feel confident that Javier1922 has the necessary training required to Carry concealed.

Thanks good info

Old 03-07-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier1922 View Post
Thanks good info

No worries, Just add (Have them add) a little more of the same mumbo jumbo, should be good. Also their address, phone number and signature have to be on there. My process could have been 6 Months but to My own fault, the letters lacked info and I didnt get back to the Deputy as soon as i should have and my process was nearly 12 months
Old 03-07-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
No worries, Just add (Have them add) a little more of the same mumbo jumbo, should be good. Also their address, phone number and signature have to be on there. My process could have been 6 Months but to My own fault, the letters lacked info and I didnt get back to the Deputy as soon as i should have and my process was nearly 12 months

I will. I have my interview march 30.ill see how it goes.

Old 03-08-2017, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Hey guys, How long is the Permit good for?
2 years... check out the Sheriffs site, it has all the info you will need.

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/ccw/
Old 03-08-2017, 12:08 PM

I just got horrible news. I got a call today from the deputy working my case and my CCw was denied. He said my good cause wasn't good enough. 18 months of going thru this process just to be denied sucks. He said I could resubmit a new good cause, but I am pretty disheartened... I was sure my good cause was rock solid. Super bummed.
Old 03-08-2017, 3:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^^
Sorry man, that sucks.

Stick with it, try again. You've already invested this much.
Old 03-08-2017, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodollardoug View Post
I just got horrible news. I got a call today from the deputy working my case and my CCw was denied. He said my good cause wasn't good enough. 18 months of going thru this process just to be denied sucks. He said I could resubmit a new good cause, but I am pretty disheartened... I was sure my good cause was rock solid. Super bummed.
That sucks, but don't give up man. Get working on that good cause.
Old 03-08-2017, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the setback. Quick question - did you complete your livescan and safety class / range qual?
Old 03-09-2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDuramax View Post
Sorry to hear about the setback. Quick question - did you complete your livescan and safety class / range qual?
I did.... I made it all the way to the end.
Old 03-09-2017, 4:04 PM

I stayed up all night working on my good cause and submitted it again first thing this morning. Deputy Searles said I would be hearing from him in a few weeks. Fingers crossed. I have waited to long and got to much invested to just give up.
Old 03-13-2017, 1:13 PM

Quote:
I stayed up all night working on my good cause and submitted it again first thing this morning. Deputy Searles said I would be hearing from him in a few weeks. Fingers crossed. I have waited to long and got to much invested to just give up.
Forgot to ask, what was the time frame between when you turned in your paperwork to receiving the call about your good cause statement? Just trying to get a feel for where they are in the process and with the backlog.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Good luck Brother I hope they accept it.