Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM

I wanted to get Bianco's take on some other facets of 2A rights, so I emailed him. here is what I sent:

Hello Mr. Bianco.

I have seen your statements regarding issuance of CCW's and I am very pleased. We all know Sheriff Sniff's stance this has been a point of contention among 2A advocates. However, there is more to 2A rights than just CCW. Sheriff Sniff has been very outspoken on additional firearms legislation at both state and federal level. I think this is what has helped him gain much of his good standing with the NRA, and given the impression that he is nothing but pro 2A.

My question to you: How do you stand regarding additional firearms legislation, on local, state, and federal levels? Things such as last year's proposed weapons ban, forced long guns registration, de Leon's "ghost gun" bill, etc. What is your opinion on the California Handgun Roster, as well as microstamping? In general, I am just trying to get a feel of how you are on 2A rights a a whole, not just on CCW.

Thank you for your service in the RSO.

Mr. Bianco sent his reply. if this does not show how much he is committed to our 2A rights, nothing will.

I firmly believe with all my heart that he is not concerned with our rights as they involve the 2A. He simply writes, or should I say has someone write, letters to post in the newspaper. Seriously, does anyone actually believe that Diane Feinstein reads his letters or even cares what he thinks? Those were meant as a smoke and mirror political campaign to convince gun owners he was on their side and to vote for him. The true issue of 2A that he does have control over, he plays King and denies you your constitutional rights unless you somehow "craft" a statement to fit his requirements. HIS requirements, not the constitutions, and not the states. When asked about 2A he always says, "I am a shooting enthusiast." What does that have to do with anything?
I am not a "shooting enthusiast." I believe that firearms are a part of my life. They always have been and they always will be. I shoot, I hunt, I teach my kids about shooting and hunting. I use a gun to protect my home, and I use a gun constantly on my person to protect myself, my family, and anyone else around me while I am in public...on or off duty. My Second Amendment rights are a way of life for me and my family.

I am 100 percent completely against any form of gun control. Gun control simply prevents good citizens from having guns. Gun control is a way for government to instill fear into uninformed citizens. Gun control ensures there are more and more citizen victims that are unable to protect themselves against criminals. Let me say this: I consider myself a very good, proactive cop, that does my absolute best to fight crime. I can not protect you from a criminal. You must call 911 to get me there!!! Cops come after the bad stuff is over. If you don't have a firearm to protect yourself, I hope your assailant doesn't have one either.

Guns have never and will never commit a crime. An AR 15 will never run down the street shooting anyone. This is what EVERY police officer knows: (at least we assume) All criminals carry guns or have access to them. NONE OF US care if regular citizens have guns. Most of us tell people to buy guns and learn how to use them.

De Leon is a self made and proven moron. All of the gun laws we need are currently on the books directed at actual crime. Any new legislation is simply meant at eliminating guns from citizens. The handgun roster is a total joke. Microstamping is in my opinion, the antigunners best attempt yet at removing firearms from California. There is absolutely no way for that to prevent crime, or help law enforcement with solving crimes. It simply prevents gun manufacturers from selling in california.

There may be some form of legislation that I may like, but Im guessing it will never come from California. I oppose any form of gun control, will never support confiscation, buy back programs, or anything else.

With all this said, even if I didnt like guns and considered myself anti gun, that would never change the fact that the 2A is your constitutional right, regardless of what I think.

The only thing that matters is rallying our cause to fight the enemy relentlessly, indifferent to the outcome of any particular battle
Old 03-12-2014, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camvoncrosshair View Post
I wanted to get Bianco's take on some other facets of 2A rights, so I emailed him. here is what I sent:

Hello Mr. Bianco.

I have seen your statements regarding issuance of CCW's and I am very pleased. We all know Sheriff Sniff's stance this has been a point of contention among 2A advocates. However, there is more to 2A rights than just CCW. Sheriff Sniff has been very outspoken on additional firearms legislation at both state and federal level. I think this is what has helped him gain much of his good standing with the NRA, and given the impression that he is nothing but pro 2A.

My question to you: How do you stand regarding additional firearms legislation, on local, state, and federal levels? Things such as last year's proposed weapons ban, forced long guns registration, de Leon's "ghost gun" bill, etc. What is your opinion on the California Handgun Roster, as well as microstamping? In general, I am just trying to get a feel of how you are on 2A rights a a whole, not just on CCW.

Thank you for your service in the RSO.

Mr. Bianco sent his reply. if this does not show how much he is committed to our 2A rights, nothing will.

I firmly believe with all my heart that he is not concerned with our rights as they involve the 2A. He simply writes, or should I say has someone write, letters to post in the newspaper. Seriously, does anyone actually believe that Diane Feinstein reads his letters or even cares what he thinks? Those were meant as a smoke and mirror political campaign to convince gun owners he was on their side and to vote for him. The true issue of 2A that he does have control over, he plays King and denies you your constitutional rights unless you somehow "craft" a statement to fit his requirements. HIS requirements, not the constitutions, and not the states. When asked about 2A he always says, "I am a shooting enthusiast." What does that have to do with anything?
I am not a "shooting enthusiast." I believe that firearms are a part of my life. They always have been and they always will be. I shoot, I hunt, I teach my kids about shooting and hunting. I use a gun to protect my home, and I use a gun constantly on my person to protect myself, my family, and anyone else around me while I am in public...on or off duty. My Second Amendment rights are a way of life for me and my family.

I am 100 percent completely against any form of gun control. Gun control simply prevents good citizens from having guns. Gun control is a way for government to instill fear into uninformed citizens. Gun control ensures there are more and more citizen victims that are unable to protect themselves against criminals. Let me say this: I consider myself a very good, proactive cop, that does my absolute best to fight crime. I can not protect you from a criminal. You must call 911 to get me there!!! Cops come after the bad stuff is over. If you don't have a firearm to protect yourself, I hope your assailant doesn't have one either.

Guns have never and will never commit a crime. An AR 15 will never run down the street shooting anyone. This is what EVERY police officer knows: (at least we assume) All criminals carry guns or have access to them. NONE OF US care if regular citizens have guns. Most of us tell people to buy guns and learn how to use them.

De Leon is a self made and proven moron. All of the gun laws we need are currently on the books directed at actual crime. Any new legislation is simply meant at eliminating guns from citizens. The handgun roster is a total joke. Microstamping is in my opinion, the antigunners best attempt yet at removing firearms from California. There is absolutely no way for that to prevent crime, or help law enforcement with solving crimes. It simply prevents gun manufacturers from selling in california.

There may be some form of legislation that I may like, but Im guessing it will never come from California. I oppose any form of gun control, will never support confiscation, buy back programs, or anything else.

With all this said, even if I didnt like guns and considered myself anti gun, that would never change the fact that the 2A is your constitutional right, regardless of what I think.
Alright last meme:

No really, usually about the only thing you can count on from a sheriff candidate is that he will make evasive flowery powder puff statements and be otherwise useless for four years. This guy sounds worth backing. First ever donation to a political candidate and quite possibly the last:

$50 - 8GS50538N74842442

People that want to not have another 4 years of being told which of our rights we may beg the privilege of having might consider pitching in.
Old 03-13-2014, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budguy21 View Post
If you get discouraged from applying, that is on you. I chose not to get discouraged, I did as they asked, and I got my permit. Yes, it would be better if the process was changed. But if someone doesn't even bother to apply because they think it's too difficult, then they must not really want the permit bad enough. I dont have valid death threats or harassment, and I was approved. Like Wayne Gretzky said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
What was your Good Cause that they accepted?
This question was asked already by Sleighter but I did not see answer Budguy21...

So to repeat the question: What was your Good Cause that they accepted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoljake
...It's like chasing a Chupacabra or Sasquatch...
Old 03-13-2014, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardfa View Post
This question was asked already by Sleighter but I did not see answer Budguy21...

So to repeat the question: What was your Good Cause that they accepted?

He won't answer because he is one of the 700ish LTC holders in riverside county that have a "legitimate business reason" to carry. I'm sure he has some BS excuse like he carries millions in diamonds or is the owner of multiple rental homes that requires protection from muggers (All of these are hyperbole). But the bottom line is, being a regular guy with a job and a family isn't enough.

Either way, I'd still like to hear his good cause that allowed him to get past the 1st interview.

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 03-14-2014, 5:02 PM

Quote:
He won't answer because he is one of the 700ish LTC holders in riverside county that have a "legitimate business reason" to carry. I'm sure he has some BS excuse like he carries millions in diamonds or is the owner of multiple rental homes that requires protection from muggers.

I am not a business person, I am a fireman. I have never seen a million dollars except in monopoly, and my wife has only 1 small diamond. I own 1 home that I live in, not rent. I think I am pretty average. I agree that Good Cause statements should not be required, but I did what they asked (the worst they could do was say No) and articulated threats that were specific to me. Beyond that I am not going to get more specific. I have never seen anybody share their statement, and I have been advised not to share mine. I have several close, personal friends that also have permits, and even they wouldn't share with me when I started my process, so unfortunately I am not at liberty to share as well.

Hopefully the 9th Circuit decision will be implemented at some point in the near future and this whole topic will be a relic from the past.
Old 03-14-2014, 6:00 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Budguy: my apologies for coming off harsh. And thanks for posting about your situation. Out of curiosity, who advised you not to share your statement? RCSO?

While I understand not sharing specifics, I wish that other permit holders would share in general terms what approach they took. IE: being in shady places for work, work putting you at risk because of your exposure to the public (fire fighters, emts), or whatever else Riverside is looking for.

If we could get a hint at what might have a chance of success I know that I along with others would apply more readily.

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 03-14-2014, 7:32 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Riverside

Quote:
Budguy: my apologies for coming off harsh. And thanks for posting about your situation. Out of curiosity, who advised you not to share your statement? RCSO?

While I understand not sharing specifics, I wish that other permit holders would share in general terms what approach they took. IE: being in shady places for work, work putting you at risk because of your exposure to the public (fire fighters, emts), or whatever else Riverside is looking for.

If we could get a hint at what might have a chance of success I know that I along with others would apply more readily.

I don't understand the rationale for not sharing at all. No one knows who anyone is on here. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Baconator; 03-22-2014 at 5:16 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 3:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Personally, I don't understand the rationale for NOT sharing, but whatever. Hopefully it'll soon be a moot point anyway.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr6IC View Post
Personally, I don't understand the rationale for NOT sharing, but whatever. Hopefully it'll soon be a moot point anyway.
It's fairly obvious people are given a reason not to share.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastureofmuppets View Post
It's fairly obvious people are given a reason not to share.
Are Riverside LTC holders threatened with revocation of their permit if they publicly share their GC statements? I seem to recall that RSO refused to release GC statements during the Sunshine Initiative, which makes it pretty hard to hit them with a Guillory v. Gates style equal protection suit. And that smells pretty foul to me, if I am not mistaken about the situation and history.
Old 04-11-2014, 7:03 AM

How far out are appointments right now? Anyone have any data points on that?
Old 04-11-2014, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Brewer View Post
How far out are appointments right now? Anyone have any data points on that?
Forgot which thread it was, someone stated they called early March and got August.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash02 View Post
Forgot which thread it was, someone stated they called early March and got August.

Thanks, was hoping to get an appointment for after the election when we get Bianco in office.
Old 05-06-2014, 1:37 PM

Just keeping his name out there!

https://www.facebook.com/ChadBiancoForSheriff2014

I know it won't be deleted like it did on the CalCCW FB page.

Mark.

Last edited by MURRIETA45; 05-09-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 2:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Just keeping his name out there!

https://www.facebook.com/ChadBiancoForSheriff2014

I know it won't be deleted like it did on the CaCCW FB page.

Mark.
+1 so what dill weed deleted a promotion for a candidate who might actually respect his oath of office? Just want to make sure I never accidentally associate with them.
Old 05-06-2014, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
+1 so what dill weed deleted a promotion for a candidate who might actually respect his oath of office? Just want to make sure I never accidentally associate with them.
Well it was the CalCCW Facebook page. Greg block said the site endorses Sheriff Sniff and said the post would probably be deleted. I had just enough time to get a screen shot of the post before it was deleted.

Another member posted his disgust in my post being deleted. His was also removed.

Mark

Last edited by MURRIETA45; 05-06-2014 at 5:33 PM.. Reason: Facebook page clarification
Old 05-06-2014, 5:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Well it was the CaCCW Facebook page. Greg block said the site endorses Sheriff Sniff and said the post would probably be deleted. I had just enough time to get a screen shot of the post before it was deleted.

Another member posted his disgust in my post being deleted. His was also removed.

Mark
So CaCCW supports an anti-constitutional scum bag who likes to play fiefdom games with civil rights? Good to know and eff them! Exactly how much of a scum bag would he have to be for them to not support him? Are they shilling for Huchen as well? After all she has a more open policy than this dill weed does now...

Which FB page was this? I'm not seeing CA CCW

Also, you should post that screen shot.

Last edited by inbox485; 05-06-2014 at 5:31 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 5:33 PM

Sorry...CalCCW

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116438238367582/
Old 05-08-2014, 4:35 PM

Sorry for large image
Old 05-09-2014, 8:50 AM
Veteran Member

Seriously disgusting. That piece of work has long fingers and is dirty enough to work in vegas. Not sure if you saw the crap he pulled with the RSA "endorsement" that none of the deputies seem to remember voting in or agree with, but it is more Sniff style circle jerking with his cronies. I would seriously like to see a permanent end to his political career. He can take his butt buddy Stone with him, and they can go retire at the scientology compound they are so fond of defending.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM

What are our chances of getting Sniff out of office, realistically?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseacegoku View Post
What are our chances of getting Sniff out of office, realistically?
Hard to guess. It is a primary and there are no major initiatives going on, so we have that going for us, but incumbents always get the zombie vote. Nobody that cares about who the sheriff is seems to like Sniff. Only endorsements seem to come from bought out dirty sources that Sniff has under his thumb. Very few if any of his deputies will be voting for him. It will all come down to how many zombie incumbent votes roll in.
Old 05-09-2014, 3:58 PM

So this isn't even the general election? Man I really want sniff out. He is a ****ty sheriff.
Old 05-09-2014, 5:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
So this isn't even the general election? Man I really want sniff out. He is a ****ty sheriff.
Consolidated primary. That means a lot of the positions are just voting for the primary election runoff. The lower level elections (county, judges, school positions) are actual elections. The key here is that since this is a primary election, voter turnout usually sucks, so every vote counts big time. That is actually a good thing, and is often the only way to get rid of a local incumbent.

So this is it. GET OUT AND VOTE. GET YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE. GET YOUR FRIEND'S FRIENDS TO VOTE. Volunteer to make calls and beat doors if you have the time. You won't likely see another opportunity to get this turd out any time soon.
Old 05-09-2014, 5:34 PM

Well, I am already rallying my family to vote for Bianco, as well as other pro-gun candidates. I am having issue locating information on the judges in this race. Can you point me in a good direction for them?
Old 05-09-2014, 9:54 PM

Bianco all the way for my family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2014, 1:41 PM

Any news on carry rights in riverside?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM

Smile yese there may be changes in the wind

Quote:
Any news on carry rights in riverside?
see my post
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post14586047

Last edited by B2Busy; 08-01-2014 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-01-2014, 9:58 PM

So basically, no, nothing has really changed. I hate when courts stay a verdict so that the bad guys can get their crap in order.
Old 09-19-2014, 4:53 PM

I hope something can be done about the "three reference letters" crap.

Why should my right to be armed depend on three other people?

i'm pretty much of a loaner. I live out in the hills on 5 acres. I've lived here for forty years and most of the people here keep to themselves. We are on friendly terms but usually only with a friendly wave when passing each other on the roads. I lost track of all my high school friends when I moved 40 miles away.

All my immediate family have passed away. I do know a guy down the road from me that I could ask. He does favors for me and I do favors for him. I have a nephew up in Salinas that is a cop that could vouch for me. There is another guy pretty close to my place. We got acquainted because we both have old Ford 8N tractors, but I'd rather not impose on him.

I have not even had a traffic ticket in over forty years. I've lived on the same property for 40 years. My last job lasted 27 years. I'm now retired.

As I said, this getting three letters of recommendation seems like an unfair burden. My record should stand for itself.
Old 09-19-2014, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

I believe that the letter of recommendation requirement is not only unfair, but also illegal under CA law. I will not submit any letters with my application.
Old 09-19-2014, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383green View Post
I believe that the letter of recommendation requirement is not only unfair, but also illegal under CA law. I will not submit any letters with my application.
So, are you planning on just submitting the California Department of Justice Application?
Old 09-19-2014, 5:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripMan12 View Post
So, are you planning on just submitting the California Department of Justice Application?
Correct. I have an appointment on October 23, and I will submit the DOJ application only. My good cause statement will be "Self Defense", and I will not submit any letters or extra forms.

Needless to say, my application will probably be denied.
Old 09-19-2014, 5:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Make sure you volunteer at www.fixriverside.org.

Quote:
I hope something can be done about the "three reference letters" crap.

Why should my right to be armed depend on three other people?

i'm pretty much of a loaner. I live out in the hills on 5 acres. I've lived here for forty years and most of the people here keep to themselves. We are on friendly terms but usually only with a friendly wave when passing each other on the roads. I lost track of all my high school friends when I moved 40 miles away.

All my immediate family have passed away. I do know a guy down the road from me that I could ask. He does favors for me and I do favors for him. I have a nephew up in Salinas that is a cop that could vouch for me. There is another guy pretty close to my place. We got acquainted because we both have old Ford 8N tractors, but I'd rather not impose on him.

I have not even had a traffic ticket in over forty years. I've lived on the same property for 40 years. My last job lasted 27 years. I'm now retired.

As I said, this getting three letters of recommendation seems like an unfair burden. My record should stand for itself.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 09-19-2014, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Correct. I have an appointment on October 23, and I will submit the DOJ application only. My good cause statement will be "Self Defense", and I will not submit any letters or extra forms.

Needless to say, my application will probably be denied.
I trust you will let us know the results as soon as possible?
Old 09-19-2014, 6:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I trust you will let us know the results as soon as possible?
Certainly!
Old 09-19-2014, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Certainly!
Thank you and GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 5:34 PM

After reading the Sheriff's instructions again I see that I can't even use my Salinas police detective nephew as a reference. They don't allow relatives.

So even as a good upstanding citizen as I described in my previous posts, I'll never be able to get a CCW.
Old 09-22-2014, 5:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
So even as a good upstanding citizen as I described in my previous posts, I'll never be able to get a CCW.
I think you'll be able to get it within 3-5 years, and hopefully much sooner.

No, I don't have any inside information. This is just my gut feeling for how long it'll take to force RCSD into legal compliance through the court system.
Old 09-22-2014, 6:22 PM

Quote:
I think you'll be able to get it within 3-5 years, and hopefully much sooner.

No, I don't have any inside information. This is just my gut feeling for how long it'll take to force RCSD into legal compliance through the court system.
Well, since I'm 67 now, by then they'll tell me I'm too old.