Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2014, 7:43 PM

Default Cerakote Part 2

Talked to pac sports man (Jack) saw his work and it looked like crap, colors were bleeding into each other lines not clean, and his price was stupid high! I went to Sonoma sport kote and saw his (Ryan's) work. I ended up going with him and was blown away! It came out just like I wanted it to. Very subtle and when he found out I was a vet and what unit I was with he had a cut out of it done and surprised me with this little add on. I love it I had magpul OD green with a faint black “snakeskin” pattern and its killer you have to really be looking at the rifle to see some of it, which was want I wanted…nothing flashy other then my unit crest which is in silver and that stands out like the family crest it is!

If you are in and around the area this is the place to go!!

http://www.sonomasportkote.com/
Old 12-10-2014, 4:33 PM

Thumbs up Cerakote Part 2

Hello,
I would totally like to refute the previous statements. I have had work done by Pacific Sportsmen and the work was absolutely exceptional. Actually, I was welcomed by Jack and Scott, the person actually doing the Cerakote to watch my AR being painted. Wow, I did not realize that there is so much involved in cerakoting, and to say the least, the job turned out absolutely exceptional. All the fine detail showed through, the cerakote job turned out fabulous with even and smooth coloration what a wonderful job!!

I would recommend Pacific Sportsmen for anything, up and including the Cerakote jobs. Jack and Scott are above peer and professionalism and also they have wonderful prices.

Go and check them out, you won't be disappointed!! Oh, and I am a customer not a member of the board!! :-)

Ron
Old 02-11-2015, 10:40 AM

I had Scott at Pacific Sportsman coat my Beretta 92fs frame in tungsten Cerekote. He did an amazing job. There are no faults at all. My pistol looks like a completely different beast. It's been well over 6 months of continuous use at the range and the Cerekote is really just incredible. On the inside of the frame where the contact points are there is just barely a sign of any wear, even on the feedramp. The outside of the piece still looks like it did when I first picked it up, even on the trigger guard where the holster clamps onto it. The work I have seen Scott do all was top notch and the price was in line with all other applicators I checked out. I have no problem with recommending him for Cerekote application.