Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 12-08-2018, 3:13 PM

Default Southwest ULR - Dec, 2018 Match Results, TopGun Randy Allen .338 Lapua

Traveling in from San Francisco to San Diego, Arizona and Nevada, 14 Shooters lined up with large caliber rifles with hopes of hitting targets 1 – 1.5 miles away. The weather forecast predicted an improving shooting condition, so the directors elected to start shortly after sun up; many of the shooters took advantage of this by way of a nice warm hotel bed the night before. However if there is one thing we know the weather forecast in the desert of the Southwest is not easy to predict. Instead of an improving condition we had the opposite. A true marksman is un-effected by conditions and we proved that Sunday morning!

Vince Teach, our reigning Top Gun from last month, was first to connect at the 2615 yard target. Followed by two shooters making their freshman appearance with Southwest ULR, Amy Morgan connecting with her 4th shot at 2615 and Rommel Jimenea connected 3 times at 2615, giving him a healthy point’s lead. As the stages progressed more shooter were able to get on target and start chipping away at Rommel’s lead. John Harms recorded a hit at 1860. Gina Rossi had a pair of hits at 2160 and 4 hits at 1860 including a first round impact. Robert Propios, hit 3 times in a row at 1860, racking up bonus points. Eddie Vargas hit twice at 1860, welcome to the Mile Club Eddie! Scott Austin scored 4 hits at 2160, and 4 Hits at 1860. Tu Nguyen, the runner up, eclipsed Scott’s slim lead on the last stage by way of 2 hits at 2160 and then very impressive 7 hits at 1860, 70% is the highest distance hit ratio recorded so far at Southwest ULR, way to go Tu! But the Match was decided before Tu even pulled the trigger on his last stage. Randy Allen totally dominated, consistently connecting at each distance, once at 2615, 5 times at 2160 and 3 times at 1860. This is Randy’s second Top Gun title and as we close out 2018 Randy’s two-time Top Gun performance makes him the guy we all chase. Soon Randy will be changing from his tried and true 338 Lapua Magnum Desert Tech SRS to the new all new 37XC.

Randy and Tu were both awarded $150 of Cutting Edge Bullets for their top finishes. Southwest ULR would like to thank Cutting Edge Bullets for their support!

January 2nd is the next Southwest ULR match, and registration is currently open. Register at http://southwestULR.com

Southwest ULR Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1021525754673338/

Southwest ULR Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCK...Lvbw40m7f24igg

Win a custom knife at the Radelow Blades Spring Series by Southwest ULR more information at http://southwestULR.com
Old 12-08-2018, 3:54 PM

First
With Ruger come up with RPR 338. You might have more shooter showing up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2018, 7:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Firefly416
It looks like you shot a 338? What about your 375?
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!
Old 12-09-2018, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnJr View Post
Firefly416
It looks like you shot a 338? What about your 375?
I responded to you in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly416 View Post
I was able to get on the scoreboard early with a hit on the first and farthermost target (2615 yards?). After that I just wasn't able to connect with any of the targets again. The wind was terrible, shifting strength and direction after every shot and I wasn't the only one that fell victim to it. I used the same 338 Lapua rig from which got me on the board at NorCal URSA at our last shoot on Father's Day. I don't have a load worked up yet for my 375 CheyTac and so I wasn't willing to risk match shots to try and find out the DOPE.