Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1561  
Old 11-08-2020, 3:39 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,256
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
I'm about to apply for LASD CCW. I own a small business, and also work security. I have a guard card, exposed permit, and Utah CCW. How in depth should I go on this? What's the best way to proceed?
Welcome newbie and congrats on your first post.

I’d recommend reading at minimum the first 3 posts and post #31 at at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924
and posts 1404 and 1440 in this thread. Better is reading all the posts in the CCW Advice thread and all the posts since Oct 01 in this thread.

Let us know how it goes. If you want to remain anonymous you can PM me to post what you want to share.

Wish you the best!
Reply With Quote
  #1562  
Old 11-09-2020, 7:32 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,256
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default LAPD facing $150M budget cut in coming months

LAPD facing $150M budget cut in coming months

https://abc7.com/lapd-los-angeles-po...efund/7778774/

I wonder if this will put more pressure on Sheriff AV to further liberalize GC.
Reply With Quote
  #1563  
Old 11-09-2020, 8:45 PM
dearjohn013 dearjohn013 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Oh boy. LA county supervisors are trying to remove AV or limit his power.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...lanueva-firing

This could impact LAC ccw.

Last edited by dearjohn013; 11-09-2020 at 8:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1564  
Old 11-09-2020, 9:18 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 7,553
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearjohn013 View Post
Oh boy. LA county supervisors are trying to remove AV or limit his power.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...lanueva-firing

This could impact LAC ccw.
That has been an ongoing pissing contest since he was elected.
Reply With Quote
  #1565  
Old 11-10-2020, 3:51 PM
seaweedsoyboy seaweedsoyboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 81
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
That has been an ongoing pissing contest since he was elected.
True, but they just voted to explore their options to move forward in doing so :/

https://foxla.com/news/la-county-boa...iff-villanueva
Reply With Quote
  #1566  
Old 11-10-2020, 4:35 PM
dearjohn013 dearjohn013 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

"A constitutional amendment to appoint rather than elect the Los Angeles County sheriff would likely affect all 58 counties and bring them in line with city jurisdictions, ... "

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1567  
Old 11-10-2020, 8:44 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 7,553
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearjohn013 View Post
"A constitutional amendment to appoint rather than elect the Los Angeles County sheriff would likely affect all 58 counties and bring them in line with city jurisdictions, ... "

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!
Correct ^^^

Cal Constitution............Article XI, Section [4], County charters shall provide for:

Quote:
(c) An elected sheriff, an elected district attorney, an elected assessor, other officers, their election or appointment, compensation, terms and removal.
Cnty BoS has no authority to remove an elected Sheriff. And if the LA BoS, somehow leveraged the state legislature into changing the constitution. That would require a statewide general election vote. And would be inclusive of ALL 58 counties in the state.
Reply With Quote
  #1568  
Old 11-10-2020, 8:48 PM
seaweedsoyboy seaweedsoyboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 81
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
Correct ^^^

Cal Constitution............Article XI, Section [4] [c]



Cnty BoS has no authority to remove an elected Sheriff. And if the LA BoS, somehow leveraged the state legislature into changing the constitution. That would require a statewide general election vote. And would be inclusive of ALL 58 counties in the state.
And wouldnít that proposition also have to be disseminated to the populous in the same general election that Villanueva will be running in? So whatís the point of the BoS trying to get the constitution changed to get him out earlier than would otherwise be required when these two options share the same timeline?

This is weird.
Reply With Quote
  #1569  
Old 11-12-2020, 11:09 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,256
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

https://abc7.com/board-of-supervisor...eriff/7841169/

Looks like the BoS voted 3 to 2 to investigate how to get rid of Sheriff AV. Best to monitor this.

Best to also watch AVís LASD virtual town halls to see if heíll liberalize CCWs further.
Reply With Quote
  #1570  
Old 11-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Maverick237 Maverick237 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 79
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
https://abc7.com/board-of-supervisor...eriff/7841169/

Looks like the BoS voted 3 to 2 to investigate how to get rid of Sheriff AV. Best to monitor this.

Best to also watch AVís LASD virtual town halls to see if heíll liberalize CCWs further.
He has commented about the BoS since they voted 3 to 2 but hasn't talked about CCWs.
Reply With Quote
  #1571  
Old 11-12-2020, 12:57 PM
recoil's Avatar
recoil recoil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA County
Posts: 41
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick237 View Post
He has commented about the BoS since they voted 3 to 2 but hasn't talked about CCWs.
I don't think that easing the restrictions on CCW permits would be looked upon favorably by the BOS, and AV probably is aware of that.
Reply With Quote
  #1572  
Old 11-12-2020, 2:31 PM
Maverick237 Maverick237 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 79
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil View Post
I don't think that easing the restrictions on CCW permits would be looked upon favorably by the BOS, and AV probably is aware of that.
He doesn't really care as he's an elected official and he knows he can only be removed by voter recall, being impeached (he'd have to commit a crime for this anyways), or by losing re-election.

He already said that if the department gets de-funded it's going to change how he handles good cause. They are already focusing on reducing prison population and rejected making certain theft crimes as wobblers (instead letting them stay misdemeanors).

I would wait a few months and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #1573  
Old 11-13-2020, 3:20 PM
recoil's Avatar
recoil recoil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA County
Posts: 41
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick237 View Post
He already said that if the department gets de-funded it's going to change how he handles good cause. They are already focusing on reducing prison population and rejected making certain theft crimes as wobblers (instead letting them stay misdemeanors).

I would wait a few months and see what happens.
Good point! What, exactly, did he say about any change to GC? Make it easier or more difficult to obtain a CCW?
Reply With Quote
  #1574  
Old 11-13-2020, 6:24 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,256
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil View Post
Good point! What, exactly, did he say about any change to GC? Make it easier or more difficult to obtain a CCW?
If you want the exact wording I think I quoted it in a post after June 15 (when he first announced liberalizing issuance).

As best I recall he said something like if the cuts went through heíd have to look at reevaluating GC since heís responsible for the safety of LA Co residents. The implication was further GC liberalization.
Reply With Quote
  #1575  
Old 11-14-2020, 6:09 AM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much!
Posts: 12,374
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I am still waiting to see all the CCW permits that will be issued in L.A. County. One or two permits being issued is a joke. Until/unless LASD starts issuing like ALL the bordering counties than this is truly a fools errand. AV issuing a handful of permits is meaningless. With all the turmoil that he is embroiled in with the board of supervisors I doubt CCW issuance is at the top of his list of priorities. He will not run again when his term is up. All the talk in this thread will not result in liberlization of his issuance policy!
__________________
"Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!
Reply With Quote
  #1576  
Old 11-14-2020, 8:38 AM
recoil's Avatar
recoil recoil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA County
Posts: 41
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Here's his latest summary from a few days ago:

https://lasd.org/sheriffs-comments-b...4a4R5La_XRZW-g
Reply With Quote
  #1577  
Old 11-14-2020, 11:09 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,256
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

This is a PM from this morning and my response. They said I could share it on the assumption others might be wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Hi

Are you in touch with anyone still waiting to complete their CCW process?
Just wanted to see if anyone recently completed or still waiting to hear back from LASD.

Trying to see if LASD is putting a pause on the CCW process.
I think things were paused last week with the election. I know for at least 3 workdays LASD was on “tactical alert” status in case of riots.

Earlier this week I heard back from 2 people moving forward.

I expect another CGNer to pick up their permit next week but it’s up to them if/when I’ll announce it.

Last edited by Paladin; 11-14-2020 at 7:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1578  
Old 11-17-2020, 2:16 PM
dearjohn013 dearjohn013 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

What happened to everyone that sounded like they were getting the ccw?

Where did they all go? Did anyone get anything recently?
Reply With Quote
  #1579  
Old 11-17-2020, 5:46 PM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much!
Posts: 12,374
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTP818 View Post
Does anybody here actually have a CCW that was issued in Los Angeles? I own a business and have to carry around expensive machinery all day. I have almost been robbed once while getting out of my car at a business site one night, I have a police report and everything. On top of that, I actively work in county Republican politics - a quick google search of my name would show it - and have had my life threatened multiple times. Hopefully with all the things going on with the Board of Supervisors - and all the things that happened with the BLM riots in LA this year - the Sheriff will allow more citizens to carry.

I know it's a longshot - but do you guys think it is worth applying?
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the responses..
Move to ANY bordering county and as long as you meet the minimum requirements you will get your CCW. All I have heard is talk. I have yet to see or hear of the few individuals who were supposedly issued by LASD. It is possible that there are a few, however, I have yet to see it. Move and you will get your permit and yes, I know its a hassle to do so but you need to decide how important it is to have a CCW permit!

Contrary to those of us who prefer to live on fantasy island all the talk about reading the tea leaves that AV does in his podcasts is truly meaningless. The cold hard reality of the situation is that LASD will not issue to regular citizens. One or two permits being issued means absolutely nothing. AV issuing a few permits in a county with ten million people in it is not a success. Here in OC our great sheriff has about sixteen thousand active permits issued and more being approved every day. LASD won't go that route. There simply is not the political support in that liberal paradise. Good luck on whatever decision you make!
__________________
"Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Last edited by Big Jake; 11-17-2020 at 6:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1580  
Old 11-17-2020, 6:34 PM
DavidTP818's Avatar
DavidTP818 DavidTP818 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Move to ANY bordering county and as long as you meet the minimum requirements you will get your CCW. All I have heard is talk. I have yet to see or hear of the few individuals who were supposedly issued by LASD. It is possible that there are a few, however, I have yet to see it. Move and you will get your permit and yes, I know its a hassle to do so but you need to decide how important it is to have a CCW permit!

Contrary to those of us who prefer to live on fantasy island all the talk about reading the tea leaves that AV does in his podcasts is truly meaningless. The cold hard reality of the situation is that LASD will not issue to regular citizens. One or two permits being issued means absolutely nothing. AV issuing a few permits in a county with ten million people in it is not a success. Here in OC our great sheriff has about sixteen thousand active permits issued and more being approved every day. LASD won't go that route. There simply is not the political support in that liberal paradise. Good luck on whatever decision you make!
What documents would the OC Sheriff need from me to show proof of my residency in OC?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1581  
Old 11-17-2020, 6:43 PM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much!
Posts: 12,374
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTP818 View Post
What documents would the OC Sheriff need from me to show proof of my residency in OC?
Mortgage statement, rental agreement, utility bills, car registration, tax returns, etc, All must show your residency in OC. Two of the above will work. They don't do a residency check anymore unless they have reason to believe that the applicant may not live where they say they do.
__________________
"Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!
Reply With Quote
  #1582  
Old 11-18-2020, 11:30 AM
jewie27 jewie27 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 42
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Taking my ccw class this weekend. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote
  #1583  
Old 11-18-2020, 1:36 PM
seaweedsoyboy seaweedsoyboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 81
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewie27 View Post
Taking my ccw class this weekend. Can't wait!
Dude, so you were approved!

HUGE
Reply With Quote
  #1584  
Old 11-18-2020, 2:25 PM
njs njs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hello everyone! I'd like to share my LA County CCW application timeline just in case anyone is curious:

7/17 Dropped off application
9/17 Brief phone interview
9/24 In-person interview
9/29 Live scan notification
10/21 Firearms training notification (I somehow missed the notification and wasn't aware of it until I followed up last week)

I will be completing firearms training next week and should be able to pick up my license early December.
Reply With Quote
  #1585  
Old 11-18-2020, 3:17 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 7,553
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
Hello everyone! I'd like to share my LA County CCW application timeline just in case anyone is curious:

7/17 Dropped off application
9/17 Brief phone interview
9/24 In-person interview
9/29 Live scan notification
10/21 Firearms training notification (I somehow missed the notification and wasn't aware of it until I followed up last week)

I will be completing firearms training next week and should be able to pick up my license early December.
CONGRATS................
Reply With Quote
  #1586  
Old 11-18-2020, 4:51 PM
recoil's Avatar
recoil recoil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA County
Posts: 41
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
Hello everyone! I'd like to share my LA County CCW application timeline just in case anyone is curious:
I will be completing firearms training next week and should be able to pick up my license early December.
What everyone really is curious about is why you were able to get approved. The primary factor is GC, so if you'd be willing to tell us or paint a picture of your circumstances, that would be very helpful! And thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #1587  
Old 11-18-2020, 4:59 PM
njs njs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil View Post
What everyone really is curious about is why you were able to get approved. The primary factor is GC, so if you'd be willing to tell us or paint a picture of your circumstances, that would be very helpful! And thank you.
Well documented death threats (police reports and restraining order)
Reply With Quote
  #1588  
Old 11-18-2020, 5:54 PM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much!
Posts: 12,374
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
Well documented death threats (police reports and restraining order)
Glad you were approved and I hope you never need to use it. As a side note you have obviously met the heightened good cause needed for issuance by LASD. The problem is that very few people are in your situation. LASD will still not issue to regular citizens absent your level of good cause so really nothing has changed!

A few questions....

1. Are there any restrictions placed on your permit?

2. How many firearms do they allow on your permit?

Thank you in advance if you are able to share this with us.
__________________
"Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

Last edited by Big Jake; 11-18-2020 at 5:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1589  
Old 11-18-2020, 7:16 PM
dearjohn013 dearjohn013 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
Well documented death threats (police reports and restraining order)
Woah. Hope you stay safe.

Did LASD say anything about speeding up your ccw process or being able to carry until you got your ccw based on your RO?
Reply With Quote
  #1590  
Old 11-18-2020, 7:27 PM
marcusrn's Avatar
marcusrn marcusrn is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 786
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTP818 View Post
Does anybody here actually have a CCW that was issued in Los Angeles? I own a business and have to carry around expensive machinery all day. I have almost been robbed once while getting out of my car at a business site one night, I have a police report and everything. On top of that, I actively work in county Republican politics - a quick google search of my name would show it - and have had my life threatened multiple times. Hopefully with all the things going on with the Board of Supervisors - and all the things that happened with the BLM riots in LA this year - the Sheriff will allow more citizens to carry.

I know it's a longshot - but do you guys think it is worth applying?
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the responses..
You say you have history of threats. Even if you know for certain that you will be denied by LASD Sheriff if behooves you to have denial on record. There is no downside to this. Also important to appeal. Be sure and list that courts have ruled, ie Warren vs District of Columbia and Gonzales vs Castle Rock that you are on your own. If you ever have jury trail it is good to have this stuff on record. There is much hope for a person in your circumstances.
__________________

Last edited by marcusrn; 11-18-2020 at 7:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1591  
Old 11-18-2020, 8:09 PM
marcusrn's Avatar
marcusrn marcusrn is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 786
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I have dealt with different agencies in Southern California and was born in LA. No agency takes you serious until you apply. Many agencies try to get you to acquiesce so less work for them. I was told by over half dozen SDSO employees circa 2004 that it would not be held against me if I tore up and threw away my application. You're a republican business owner. Let's start acting like you died and went to heaven. You won the lottery and the longshot. Butch up and go get them!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1592  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:33 AM
njs njs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Glad you were approved and I hope you never need to use it. As a side note you have obviously met the heightened good cause needed for issuance by LASD. The problem is that very few people are in your situation. LASD will still not issue to regular citizens absent your level of good cause so really nothing has changed!

A few questions....

1. Are there any restrictions placed on your permit?

2. How many firearms do they allow on your permit?

Thank you in advance if you are able to share this with us.
No restrictions on my permit. I don't remember how many firearms are allowed. I only listed one to get the process rolling back in July. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
  #1593  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:36 AM
njs njs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearjohn013 View Post
Woah. Hope you stay safe.

Did LASD say anything about speeding up your ccw process or being able to carry until you got your ccw based on your RO?
Thanks! LASD didn't mention anything about expediting the process due to my RO, but the deputy encouraged me to have my husband apply for CCW as well.
Reply With Quote
  #1594  
Old 11-19-2020, 10:55 AM
dearjohn013 dearjohn013 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
Thanks! LASD didn't mention anything about expediting the process due to my RO, but the deputy encouraged me to have my husband apply for CCW as well.

Thanks for the info.

Did you get notified via phone to move forward with livescan and firearm training?
Reply With Quote
  #1595  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:12 AM
njs njs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearjohn013 View Post
Thanks for the info.

Did you get notified via phone to move forward with livescan and firearm training?
I was notified via email.
Reply With Quote
  #1596  
Old 11-19-2020, 9:19 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,256
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

On Nov 18 you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
I will be completing firearms training next week and should be able to pick up my license early December.
Then on Nov 19 you posted;
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs View Post
No restrictions on my permit.
Do you have a LASD CCW permit/card now?

Last edited by Paladin; 11-19-2020 at 9:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1597  
Old 11-20-2020, 7:30 AM
njs njs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
On Nov 18 you wrote:


Then on Nov 19 you posted;


Do you have a LASD CCW permit/card now?
Not yet...I was simply implying that I was not informed of any restrictions on my permit.
Reply With Quote
  #1598  
Old 11-20-2020, 9:34 PM
CCWFacts CCWFacts is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,986
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
There's a change request form. It's no big deal to add or change later.
Quoting myself here because I was wrong wrong wrong...

Directly from the FAQ:
How do I amend my license?

We do not accept amendments to firearms (add or remove). If you wish to update your firearm/s, you must wait until the time of renewal. If a Name or Residence Address Change is required, complete the Amendment form.
Make sure you put the guns you want on the application because you will have to wait two years to change them. It's possible that what it says in the FAQ isn't absolutely set in stone, but I would go in with the assumption that it is. Also I would suggest putting the full three guns on it assuming you have three guns that are suitable CCW options. Perhaps if someone had one gun and that gun got damaged beyond repair maybe they would find some way to make an exception but I wouldn't count on that. The issue is you can't have a gun on it that you didn't qualify with and the only process they have for qualifying is during the initial issuance or renewal.
__________________
"Weakness is provocative."
Senator Tom Cotton, president in 2024

Last edited by CCWFacts; 11-20-2020 at 9:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1599  
Old 11-21-2020, 10:53 AM
BumBum's Avatar
BumBum BumBum is offline
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 1,650
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Quoting myself here because I was wrong wrong wrong...
The LASD policies are quickly changing and evolving as they go along. This is new information that was not on the website before. I also noticed that they now have a new list of authorized training providers. I think I mentioned this before, perhaps in another thread, but the CCW page used to link to the DOJ FSC page, and you could essentially use any CCW instructor you wanted. That is no longer true.

If you are going through the process, make sure to check the website before you take any subsequent steps, because it is likely to have changed since you last looked.
__________________

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Reply With Quote
  #1600  
Old 11-21-2020, 12:17 PM
dearjohn013 dearjohn013 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 68
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumBum View Post
The LASD policies are quickly changing and evolving as they go along. This is new information that was not on the website before. I also noticed that they now have a new list of authorized training providers. I think I mentioned this before, perhaps in another thread, but the CCW page used to link to the DOJ FSC page, and you could essentially use any CCW instructor you wanted. That is no longer true.

If you are going through the process, make sure to check the website before you take any subsequent steps, because it is likely to have changed since you last looked.

Wow. You are right.
Thanks for this info.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:40 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical