Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 04-01-2018, 8:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Exclamation CALGUNS: Let's Get Bob Lindsey voted in for LA Co Sheriff

I know "politics" generally isn't allowed in the Lady's Forum, (1) while the county sheriffs are elected, they are not "partisan" positions (not running as Dems/Repubs/etc), and (2) the sheriffs are not "politicians", they do NOT pass/make laws.

HOWEVER they do set county policy for issuing CCWs (concealed carry weapons permits), and that is of interest to our Ladies (even those who may not visit our 2nd A RKBA political forums). Thus this thread in the Lady's Forum.

LA county is home to ~1/3rd of our state's population. If Bob Lindsey wins the sheriff's race in June (or Nov if there is a runoff election) and starts issuing CCWs when the only "Good Cause" is "self defense"/"personal protection", that will be our biggest pro-CCW win short of forcing the entire state to go Shall Issue!

There's only 2 months until the election (less when factoring in mail-in ballots), so if you live in LA county and want to help Bob, you need to act fast (as in immediately).

Here's a post I made in another CGN forum with a link for more info.

For those who like and want a Sig line banner like mine, supporting Bob Lindsey, here's how to make one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Cool!

Thanks, Kes.

If anyone wants to do the same:
(1) Select User CP from the 2nd blue bar across the top of every CGN webpage.
(2) Under "Your Control Panel" (left column), select "Editing Signature" under "Settings & Options".
(3) Delete your current sig line pic if you have one.
(4) Select "Upload Signature Picture" and put in the empty field: https://i.imgur.com/Uu7qJxL.gif
(5) Select "Save Signature"

and that should be it! If not, just try different options that may make sense.

FWIW I embedded mine with a hyperlink to his campaign's website: http://sheriffboblindsey.com/ To do that, put [U*L="http://sheriffboblindsey.com/"] in front of [SIGPIC] (but use a "R" in place of the "*") and after [/SIGPIC] put [/URL]
For those who don't know about Bob:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1425238

ETA: CGN officially endorses Bob:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1434074

Last edited by Paladin; 04-01-2018 at 8:44 AM..
Old 04-01-2018, 9:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I should point out that while LA county has ~1/3rd of CA's population, since about 1/2 of CA's population can readily get CCWs and about 1/2 can't -- and LA falls into the "can't" half -- LA county has ~2/3rds of all Californians who can't get a CCW.

Winning LA county by electing Bob Lindsey for sheriff would be a TREMENDOUS WIN for our side!

Last edited by Paladin; 04-01-2018 at 9:11 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 7:38 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

http://sheriffboblindsey.com/

thought i'd separate this out from the longer more involved posts. I certainly didn't see it and had looked it up on my own. then I saw it in one of the posts.......

listened to one of his interviews. sounds like a reasonable and experienced LE professional. talks about bringing back community involvement.

those of us not in the county and therefore unable to vote for him could certainly make a campaign donation if inclined to support this candidate.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 04-06-2018, 7:16 PM

THIS THREAD IS POSTED IN THE WOMEN'S FORUM. GENTLEMEN ARE INVITED TO RESPOND IF THEY ARE CIVIL. IF NOT, PLEASE DON'T. THE WOMEN'S FORUM HAS RULES.

I think politics IS allowed in the Women's Forum. At least I can't find anything about it in the official rules. We talk about the politics of women in shooting sports all the time. But the emphasis is on women and shooting.

What I really dislike, and it's just my opinion, not a rule, is when people start foaming at the mouth and repeating rabid rhetoric that they can't prove and haven't thought through. There's lotsa places for that on Calguns, even special forums, so probably not best to foam at the mouth here.

That said, I think it's completely appropriate to ask the Women of Calguns to vote for the candidate you like best, as long as it's done civilly.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 05-28-2018, 7:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

pre election bump

Let's turn as many counties as we can "green"!

Last edited by Paladin; 05-28-2018 at 8:00 PM..
Old 05-28-2018, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm gonna prove Hillary right. I'll be an over bearing dinosaur of a husband and make her to vote for Lindsey. Actually she has a mind of her own and very pro 2A.