Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-16-2013, 4:06 PM
Banned in Amsterdam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I too would like to get ahold of the good cause statements for Alameda County.

Who can fix this?

"Shot placement trumps all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Who uses 9mm for SD? Anything less than a 50BMG is stupid to use. Personally, I prefer canister rounds out of a 10lb Parrott rifle for SD.
Old 12-17-2013, 6:06 PM
Banned in Amsterdam

Bump

Quote:
Who uses 9mm for SD? Anything less than a 50BMG is stupid to use. Personally, I prefer canister rounds out of a 10lb Parrott rifle for SD.
Old 12-17-2013, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesY View Post
Looks like the good cause links are down. Anyone know where I can find them?
seems this is what you looking for… I Tried to copy but not working so will re type here

Good Cause for Inssuance

The applicant must establish that there is good cause for the sheriff to issue a CCW license. The Sheriff has determined,on the basis of experience and judgement,good cause to issue a CCW license to Alameda County residents will exist only in conditions of necessity.Therefore,applicants should be able to supply credible evidence of the following

1.There is a documented,presently existing,clear and present danger to life,or great bodily harm to the applicant and/or his or her spouse,domestic partner,or dependents.
2. The danger of harm is specific to the applicant,or his or her immediate family,and is not generally shared by other similarly situated members of the public.
3.Existing law enforcement resources cannot adequately address the danger of harm.
4.The danger of harm cannot reasonably be avoided by alternative measures.
5.Licensing the applicant to carry a concealed weapon is significantly likely to reduce the danger of harm.

While each of the above factors is considered in the decision-making process, the Sheriff makes a good cause determination based upon the totality of the circumstances presented in each individual case
Old 12-18-2013, 6:08 PM
Banned in Amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best sale View Post
seems this is what you looking for… I Tried to copy but not working so will re type here...
Thanks, I appreciate your efforts Best sale.

I've been all over the Alameda County website, and am familiar with what you posted.

A couple years ago CGF did a FOIA to get the Good Cause statements for actual applications, that were approved in Alameda County.

This would be very helpful, as it gives one a sense of what will fly.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about (this version is for Solano County): http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...4&d=1385862573

Quote:

Last edited by Experimentalist; 12-18-2013 at 6:22 PM..
Old 12-25-2013, 4:16 PM
Banned in Amsterdam

Bump
Old 01-06-2014, 10:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I just made a post in the CA 2nd Amendment Political Activism forum I thought you guys might be interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I've been contacted via PMs by folks asking for the nearest location to their Bay Area workplace where they can get a CCW. This has also been the subject of more than a few threads. So I expanded upon one of my posts here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...9#post12974509
to use as a reference to save me time in replying. My most recent standard answer had been Solano Co, specifically the cities of Vallejo or Benecia. Why?

Vallejo is excellent for folks working in western CoCoCo: Rodeo, Pinole, San Pablo, El Cerrito, even down into Orinda and Berkeley (Alameda Co), depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART.

Benecia is excellent for people working in central CoCoCo: Martinez, Bay Point, Concord, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, and Walnut Creek.

Looking over google maps, I now see Rio Vista (also in Solano Co), is excellent for those working in eastern CoCoCo: Pittsburg east to Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, and Discovery Bay.

So RIGHT NOW, pretty much anyone working in CoCoCo north of Moraga-Alamo can get a CCW and have a reasonable commute from Solano Co.

I looked at the map some more and realized if we could get San Joaquin Co to go "virtual Shall Issue" (i.e., liberally issue CCWs), people who work in San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Livermore (all in Alameda Co) (again, depending upon traffic, time of day, and BART), as well as people in southern CoCoCo (Alamo, Danville and San Ramon), could live in Tracy and get CCWs. It would also give people working in eastern CoCoCo another option for where to live to get a CCW: Stockton.

Naturally, liberalizing CCW issuance would also benefit the many San Joaquin Co. residents who live & work in that county.

Winning San Joaquin Co means most anyone working in any part of CoCoCo and most people working in most of Alameda Co can get a CCW if they are willing to commute. (A LOT of people are renters nowadays, so moving won't be as bad for them.)

Thus, I think CGNers working in southern & eastern Alameda Co and southern CoCoCo. should get involved with San Joaquin Co CGNers in the 2014 San Joaquin Co sheriff's race to win "virtual Shall Issue" for that county.
Old 01-07-2014, 6:10 AM

Default Thanks Paladin

Your Post gives someone (Me) with no knowledge of the area, places I can look at on a map!

VERY MUCH Appreciated!
Old 01-11-2014, 9:42 PM
Banned in Amsterdam

Quote:
I just made a post in the CA 2nd Amendment Political Activism forum I thought you guys might be interested in.
Great news Paladin, I'm glad to hear that the fight is making progress.

However, some of us are homeowners, and have no intention of moving in the foreseeable future.

I wonder if anyone could fix the link to the good cause statements for Alameda County?

I would very much appreciate it.

Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimentalist View Post
Great news Paladin, I'm glad to hear that the fight is making progress.

However, some of us are homeowners, and have no intention of moving in the foreseeable future.
No big deal: put your excess in storage, rent an apt or house in Solano, get your CCW and rent out your house for 2 years. It just depends upon how bad you want a CA CCW....

By that time Drake, Richards-Peruta, and/or Pantano should have been run by SCOTUS and, if we win (before 2015 July 01), PIs & TROs will be flying in the Bay Area and you can move back home.

Last edited by Paladin; 01-12-2014 at 6:52 PM..
Old 01-16-2014, 5:31 PM
Banned in Amsterdam

Bump... waiting for Alameda County good cause link to be fixed.

It's been broken for about a year now.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2014, 7:29 PM

same, would love the link to be fixed
Old 01-17-2014, 6:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimentalist View Post
Bump... waiting for Alameda County good cause link to be fixed.

It's been broken for about a year now.
IIRC, those GC statement files were from 2 yrs ago. CCWs have to be renewed every 2 yrs, so they're out-of-date. Whether that matters (i.e., whether Ahern has changed his GC standard), I don't know.

IIRC, a few months ago Brandon said the SI would be getting more attention and then CGF released the 2012 and 2013 CCW stats.

Will they release updated GC files? I don't know. You may want to email Brandon (his email is in "wildhawker" sig line)
Old 01-27-2014, 5:55 PM

Just to let everyone know Ahern is up for reelection in June
http://www.acgov.org/rov/elections/20140603/

I have not been able to find if anyone has announced they will be running against him. Getting a person in office who understands our civil rights is the quickest way to change.
Old 02-13-2014, 3:02 PM

Has anyone tried to call and see if they are going to change their view on what is considered good cause in light of today's ruling?
Old 02-13-2014, 4:19 PM

I would also like to know

When they kick in your front door,
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head,
Or on the trigger of your gun?
Old 02-13-2014, 7:40 PM

I will try to call tomorrow.
I hope they had a change of heart.

This is where the sheriff is coming from.
https://www.alamedacountysheriff.org/admin_ia_ccw.php
Old 02-14-2014, 5:58 AM

They will go down kicking and screaming.

I think we should organize and all apply together. We can make a big spectacle and call the news. It needs to be well organized, we need to be dressed nicely in business casual attire and have a good speaker to talk to the news. This is our chance to show them we are not misplaced southern rednecks who are members of the KKK. It would be nice if we could get a long line of people waiting outside the sheriffs office one morning. It would be nice if we could show we are responsible, honorable members of society.

We need to talk in a more private setting to avoid the grabbers from having any media time. It sure would be nice to have a private invite only section on calguns or maybe we can set up a group another place that is invite only.

I am willing to help. Who is in?

Last edited by John Galt; 02-14-2014 at 6:03 AM..
Old 02-14-2014, 9:53 AM

Well Crap.
I just called and Alameda is not going to change their mind "YET" until they are forced. Their recording says that yesterdays ruling did not change anything and that they will not change anything until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.
Grrrr

Listen for yourself: 510-208-9890
Old 02-14-2014, 10:05 AM

Weird I didn't think the Supreme Court had anything to do with it YET
Old 02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

While I'm willing to help any way that I can, I would rather not make it public news that I am applying for a LTC in the county.

Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
They will go down kicking and screaming.

I think we should organize and all apply together. We can make a big spectacle and call the news. It needs to be well organized, we need to be dressed nicely in business casual attire and have a good speaker to talk to the news. This is our chance to show them we are not misplaced southern rednecks who are members of the KKK. It would be nice if we could get a long line of people waiting outside the sheriffs office one morning. It would be nice if we could show we are responsible, honorable members of society.

We need to talk in a more private setting to avoid the grabbers from having any media time. It sure would be nice to have a private invite only section on calguns or maybe we can set up a group another place that is invite only.

I am willing to help. Who is in?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaed View Post
Well Crap.
I just called and Alameda is not going to change their mind "YET" until they are forced. Their recording says that yesterdays ruling did not change anything and that they will not change anything until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.
Grrrr

Ask them how that worked out for Illinois? Moore NEVER went to SCOTUS, or even en banc, yet IL was FORCED to repeal No Issue.

No wonder our side keeps WINNING!

Last edited by Paladin; 02-14-2014 at 9:06 PM.. Reason: removed excess verbiage
Old 02-14-2014, 3:56 PM
CGN Contributor

Go easy there Paladin, no reason to convince them to stop digging that hole until its all over.
Old 02-14-2014, 5:09 PM
Veteran Member

Arrow Reality Check...

Agencies do not have to instantaneously comply because of Brown v. Board of Education (II), 349 U.S. 294 (1955), and here's why:

"The judgments below, except that, in the Delaware case, are accordingly reversed, and the cases are remanded to the District Courts to take such proceedings and enter such orders and decrees consistent with this opinion as are necessary and proper to admit to public schools on a racially nondiscriminatory basis with all deliberate speed the parties to these cases."

What this means (to me, according to Judge Posner in the argument of Shepard v. Madigan, 734 F. 3d 748 (7th Cir. 2013)), (in paraphrasing) "compliance would have to be with all deliberate speed." He said that "noone could have sought an injunction on the basis that the states did not instantaneously comply when they had not been ordered" (in the Brown opinion), and that "instantaneous compliance didn't exist". (Posner, J., 2013). Posner was using that basis mainly for his argument that Shepard (in the Shepard v. Madigan case) didn't have a case (thus far into the argument).

Don't let Judge Posner hear any of you (or us) go out and start making a case that the Sheriff should be locked up or put on a plane and flown to Pluto for not issuing carry licenses on the spot right after the opinion was published. Everything takes time, and this one will not happen yesterday.

(Edited to add):

Nothing in the Peruta opinion (that I can detect) demands instantaneous compliance, nor does any part of the opinion relate to anything concerning an order for the Sheriff of San Diego County or any other Sheriff or issuing authority to immediately start issuing carry licenses to individuals who comply with the application process without being forced to provide a good cause statement. What it does is REVERSE and REMAND the judgment of the court below for further proceedings not inconsistent with the opinion of the Court. If it did, the judgment would likely have been stayed for a certain amount of time, or for as much time as necessary in order to allow the state and its agencies to comply with the judgment. What we should now do is begin to watch for new movement as it becomes available in the original District Court case (3:09-cv-02371) and wait for that court to issue an order consistent with the opinion written by yesterday's majority. That is where you might see the injunction.

No, I'm not a lawyer.

Erik.

Last edited by Window_Seat; 02-14-2014 at 5:38 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 6:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window_Seat View Post

What this means (to me, according to Judge Posner in the argument of Shepard v. Madigan, 734 F. 3d 748 (7th Cir. 2013)), (in paraphrasing) "compliance would have to be with all deliberate speed." He said that "noone could have sought an injunction on the basis that the states did not instantaneously comply when they had not been ordered" (in the Brown opinion), and that "instantaneous compliance didn't exist". (Posner, J., 2013). Posner was using that basis mainly for his argument that Shepard (in the Shepard v. Madigan case) didn't have a case (thus far into the argument).

Don't let Judge Posner hear any of you (or us) go out and start making a case that the Sheriff should be locked up or put on a plane and flown to Pluto for not issuing carry licenses on the spot right after the opinion was published. Everything takes time, and this one will not happen yesterday.

(Edited to add):

Nothing in the Peruta opinion (that I can detect) demands instantaneous compliance, nor does any part of the opinion relate to anything concerning an order for the Sheriff of San Diego County or any other Sheriff or issuing authority to immediately start issuing carry licenses to individuals who comply with the application process without being forced to provide a good cause statement. What it does is REVERSE and REMAND the judgment of the court below for further proceedings not inconsistent with the opinion of the Court. If it did, the judgment would likely have been stayed for a certain amount of time, or for as much time as necessary in order to allow the state and its agencies to comply with the judgment. What we should now do is begin to watch for new movement as it becomes available in the original District Court case (3:09-cv-02371) and wait for that court to issue an order consistent with the opinion written by yesterday's majority. That is where you might see the injunction.
Big difference: IL had to pass a bill in BOTH chambers and get the governor to sign it. Peruta does NOT require ANY action from the CA legislature or governor or judiciary. All Peruta does is require issuing authorities (CoPs and Sheriffs) to accept mere "self-defense" as sufficient Good Cause.

The forms don't even have to be changed to eliminate the Good Cause section. The lieutenant or undersheriff or whoever just tells applicant to enter "self-defense" in the Good Cause section during the interview.

Going thru the Reverse & Remand is just going thru the motions -- everyone already knows the outcome. It is as good as done RIGHT NOW!!! The Good Cause requirement HAS BEEN declared UnConstitutional!

Compliance can be immediate, even if not instantaneous.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-14-2014 at 6:54 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 8:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Big difference: IL had to pass a bill in BOTH chambers and get the governor to sign it. Peruta does NOT require ANY action from the CA legislature or governor or judiciary. All Peruta does is require issuing authorities (CoPs and Sheriffs) to accept mere "self-defense" as sufficient Good Cause.

The forms don't even have to be changed to eliminate the Good Cause section. The lieutenant or undersheriff or whoever just tells applicant to enter "self-defense" in the Good Cause section during the interview.

Going thru the Reverse & Remand is just going thru the motions -- everyone already knows the outcome. It is as good as done RIGHT NOW!!! The Good Cause requirement HAS BEEN declared UnConstitutional!

Compliance can be immediate, even if not instantaneous.
I'd love for you to be correct, and for me to be FOS, but...

I thought that the Peruta opinion called the good cause requirement unconstitutional:

"San Diego County’s “good cause” permitting requirement impermissibly infringes on the Second Amendment right to bear arms in lawful self-defense."

So even if they said "Yeah, OK, just put "self-defense", it would STILL be unconstitutional.

Erik.

Last edited by Window_Seat; 02-14-2014 at 8:16 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 9:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window_Seat View Post
I thought that the Peruta opinion called the good cause requirement unconstitutional:

"San Diego County’s “good cause” permitting requirement impermissibly infringes on the Second Amendment right to bear arms in lawful self-defense."

So even if they said "Yeah, OK, just put "self-defense", it would STILL be unconstitutional.

Erik.
Oops! My bad. They'll tell you to just leave it blank. Happy now?

The next time they revise the forms (not quite "instantaneous" but darn quick & easy w/.pdfs), they can edit out any references to "Good Cause." What would that take, less than a day?
Old 02-21-2014, 2:57 PM

I just called the ALCO SD. The lady I spoke with claimed that since the ruling is being appealed, they are not changing their "good cause" requirement. No surprise there. She advised me NOT to apply now, but I asked her if I did, could I reapply should they be forced to revise their standards and would it count against me. She said I'm free to do that.

My sense was that this was just a clerk and she was polite to me since I was polite to her. It would have done me no good to argue with her since she's pretty much following protocol.

Question is, should we apply now anyway? Anyone have any recent results from their CCW application with Ahern? I almost feel like since the overall thread has been doom and gloom with getting a CCW from ALCO, no one even bothers to apply, which is essentially the same as a denial.
Old 02-21-2014, 8:09 PM

In light of the good news today.
I am thinking about trying to apply and using "self defense" as my reason.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=897109

Has Anyone else started this process?
Any advice or tips that will help others on here out?
I wonder if they will be changing their mind since at this point there is no appeal that I know of?

Thanks

Last edited by jaed; 02-21-2014 at 8:13 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 8:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
I just called the ALCO SD. The lady I spoke with claimed that since the ruling is being appealed, they are not changing their "good cause" requirement. No surprise there. She advised me NOT to apply now, but I asked her if I did, could I reapply should they be forced to revise their standards and would it count against me. She said I'm free to do that.

My sense was that this was just a clerk and she was polite to me since I was polite to her. It would have done me no good to argue with her since she's pretty much following protocol.
Our opposition is sooo dumb. You really have to wonder if they should be allowed to own, much less carry, firearms.

And you really have to feel sorry for people who work in ACSO and are being fed a bunch of bunk by their bosses....

Gore's press release today says he is NOT APPEALING the 9th Circuit panel's ruling. While it explicitly said he's not asking for en banc, it did not say whether he will or will not ask SCOTUS for cert. But his reasoning for not asking for en banc review applies equally well to SCOTUS, plus he's most likely to LOSE at SCOTUS (5 to 4). So, whoever calls ACSO next, please inform them that there are NO appeals being pursued at this time. March 6th is the cut off for a sua sponte request for en banc by the 9th. May 16th is the cut off for Gore to ask cert. from SCOTUS.

Quote:
Question is, should we apply now anyway? Anyone have any recent results from their CCW application with Ahern? I almost feel like since the overall thread has been doom and gloom with getting a CCW from ALCO, no one even bothers to apply, which is essentially the same as a denial.
1st, ck the Carry License Reports at:
http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/res...ce-initiative/
to see if your city PD issues. If so, contact them to see if they're accepting apps, how long to get appointments/interviews/etc., when, not if, they are going to eliminate the Good Cause requirement from their application process.

Then do the same w/ACSO.

My guess is that your city PD might be the better choice. We've known for years that Ahern might require "special attention" (i.e., a legal b---ch slapping ), to get him to submit, and our side has prepared to do just that.

Last edited by Paladin; 02-24-2014 at 6:31 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 11:05 PM

Yeah, I posted that just before it was announced that the bad guys weren't seeking en banc. I'll call her back Monday and find out their position.

I live in Oakland. I'm just guessing but I probably won't get too far with a city issued permit request. Might as well try, though. Everyone else carries anyway in this crazy town, I just thought I might try to do it legally for a change.

The link you supplied doesn't have any info for ALCO. Just a note about Sunshine Audit & LE Policy Documents Coming Soon.
Old 02-22-2014, 7:39 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I live in Oakland. I'm just guessing but I probably won't get too far with a city issued permit request. Might as well try, though. Everyone else carries anyway in this crazy town, I just thought I might try to do it legally for a change.

The link you supplied doesn't have any info for ALCO. Just a note about Sunshine Audit & LE Policy Documents Coming Soon.
Don't know what browser you're using, but w/Firefox, a webpage w/a bunch of info/links comes up.

For you, this is the relevant link:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/carry-i...eport-2013.pdf

Go to page #7 to see what cities issue in Ala Co. You will see that OPD has issued 1 CCW for a Reserve Officer, thus they ISSUE. A city PD can either issue or not issue, they cannot only issue to whom they want (e.g., reserve officers). Once Peruta is final, you'll be able to apply thru OPD if you want.

I expect Ahern will have to be dragged -- kicking and screaming like a little girl -- to judicial Shall Issue.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:47 PM

Has anyone applied in fremont?it seems they are still requiring a good cause statement?
Old 02-22-2014, 7:24 PM

OK yeah, that link worked. I love it. Oakland...1 CCW permit given out. This PD is about at 60% capacity with lousy response time so who needs a CCW? It all starts at the top with Mayor Quan and her philosophy on the 2A. For now...we wait.
Old 02-23-2014, 9:48 AM

Quote:
OK yeah, that link worked. I love it. Oakland...1 CCW permit given out. This PD is about at 60% capacity with lousy response time so who needs a CCW? It all starts at the top with Mayor Quan and her philosophy on the 2A. For now...we wait.
Shooting this morning at McD's on 45th and Telegraph at 9:30 in the morning!! That's not even deep into Oakland; I've been to this McD's multiple times and know normal everyday people who live right in that area (in Emeryville).

This is on an average Sunday morning, going in to grab some Egg McMuffins and BAM! Love how this county doesn't even give you a chance, "just trust us" - give me a friggin' break.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5152342/?sub_id=1335202
Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger990 View Post
Shooting this morning at McD's on 45th and Telegraph at 9:30 in the morning!! That's not even deep into Oakland; I've been to this McD's multiple times and know normal everyday people who live right in that area (in Emeryville).

This is on an average Sunday morning, going in to grab some Egg McMuffins and BAM! Love how this county doesn't even give you a chance, "just trust us" - give me a friggin' break.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5152342/?sub_id=1335202
Yup. Oakland is the robbery capital of the entire nation. There are basically 13 armed or strong arm robberies a day, every day for 365 days a year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 PM

Tagged for updates on ALCO SD.
Old 02-23-2014, 4:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaed View Post
Well Crap.
Grrrr

Well they don't mention anything about the Supreme Court but they do discuss that all avenues in the appeals process have not been exhausted. Anyways, the recording still refers to carry as a privilege when obviously the ruling has upheld it as a right. Wonder how much longer Alameda County residents will have to wait.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 02-23-2014, 6:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSICK View Post
Well they don't mention anything about the Supreme Court but they do discuss that all avenues in the appeals process have not been exhausted. Anyways, the recording still refers to carry as a privilege when obviously the ruling has upheld it as a right. Wonder how much longer Alameda County residents will have to wait.
That's because they changed the recording.

Originally, it talked about the Peruta decision not having "passed" -- whatever that means in context of a federal appellate court decision. Those (I'll control myself) people thought a court decision had to "pass" some sort of separate vote to take effect.... (more self-control exercised!)

It also said they'd only obey what SCOTUS says (as per my post #261 above)....

These are the people who get to carry guns in public and have the audacity to tell us we can't be trusted to carry guns in public....

Last edited by Paladin; 02-24-2014 at 8:39 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 6:25 PM

If none of the justices on the ninth file for En Banc by the 7th of March (at least I think that is the last day that they can) none of these counties that are denying applications will have a leg to stand on. I expected San Francisco, Alameda, LA, and Santa Clara counties to drag their feet. Crazy thing is that I might be able to get my CCW in San Joaquin here fairly soon. The anti's have gone full retard and now the courts are finally smacking them down. The roster will fall next and then hopefully the "assault" weapons ban.
Old 02-23-2014, 8:33 PM

Has anyone tried to submit a application lately?
If so how did it go?

I called today to ask if I could setup a appointment and to find out where to drop of the application.
Had to leave a message. I will keep you guys in the loop.

Last edited by jaed; 02-24-2014 at 5:25 PM.. Reason: Update