Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Ammo Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Ammo Sales For the Private Sale of Ammo. Read the rules before posting.

Old 04-30-2020, 5:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default Marketplace: Private Ammo Sales subforum rules update (05-01-2020)

As requested, this is a reminder that members are to conduct all ammo sales in accordance to Federal/State laws.

Therefore, the following will be implemented on 05-01-2020:

1. If you are a CA DOJ licensed ammunition vendor or CA FFL dealer, then your ads must be in the Marketplace: Commerical Sales subforum.

Any ads from an ammunition vendor/CA FFL dealer that are found in the Private Ammo Sales subforum will be deleted or moved.

2. In accordance with Federal laws/regulations, the selling of reloaded ammunition is not allowed, unless the ammunition was made by a Type 06-FFL. [18 USC 922(a)(1)(B)]

3. All members are limited to posting one WTS ad per 30 days and can not advertise the sale of more than 500 rounds. [PC 30342(a)]

Multiple ads by the same member, within 30 days, will be merged into one ad.

Any ad for more than 500 rounds will be deleted.

Any one discovered selling more than 500 rounds in 30 days will get a temp 30 day ban from the Private Ammo Sales subforum.
Old 04-30-2020, 5:54 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Okay

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 05-02-2020, 10:20 PM

Damn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2020, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGN Staff View Post
As requested, this is a reminder that members are to conduct all ammo sales in accordance to Federal/State laws.

Therefore, the following will be implemented on 05-01-2020:

1. If you are a CA DOJ licensed ammunition vendor or CA FFL dealer, then your ads must be in the Marketplace: Commerical Sales subforum.

Any ads from an ammunition vendor/CA FFL dealer that are found in the Private Ammo Sales subforum will be deleted or moved.

2. In accordance with Federal laws/regulations, the selling of reloaded ammunition is not allowed, unless the ammunition was made by a Type 06-FFL. [18 USC 922(a)(1)(B)]

3. All members are limited to posting one WTS ad per 30 days and can not advertise the sale of more than 500 rounds. [PC 30342(a)]

Multiple ads by the same member, within 30 days, will be merged into one ad.

Any ad for more than 500 rounds will be deleted.

Any one discovered selling more than 500 rounds in 30 days will get a temp 30 day ban from the Private Ammo Sales subforum.

k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2020, 4:59 AM

I understand that I can only sell 500 rds per month, per California law. But, what if (for example) I have 500 rds of 9mm *and* 500 rds of 45 ACP to sell? Why can't I advertise both in the same ad?

I want to sell at least one of the lots, correct? And I don't care which one I sell first, just that I eventually sell it all.

If I can only offer 500 rds at a time, under the current rules, I have to pick which 500 rds to offer. Am I understanding this correctly? If so, under these guidelines, I have to guess which caliber will sell first, and offer that caliber up for sale.

Let's say I decide that people will want 9mm before they will want 45 ACP (a reasonable guess), so I offer the 500 rds of 9mm up for sale.

In this scenario, no one gets what they want. The guy who wants the 45 ACP never knows it is for sale, so he goes without. I never know that anyone wants the 45 ACP because I can't put it up for sale.

And the 9mm just sits there.

When taken together with the "Only one ad every 30 days" rule, this effectively kills most ammo sales, even when legal sales can still transpire.

Now, why can't I advertise the following in one post?
  • 500 rds of 9mm
  • 500 rds of 45 ACP
  • 500 rds of .223 Remington
Then, whichever caliber sells first ends up being my "one sale for the month."

At that point, if I get another prospective buyer, I simply inform this second buyer that we have to wait until XX date for him to purchase what he wants.

Can this work?
CZ P-10 C (compact)
CZ 75 Compact w/rail & safety
Old 05-06-2020, 3:27 AM

Got it.

Thank you
Old 05-06-2020, 9:39 AM

it is also often that I would list 500 rounds, and someone only wants to purchase 200 rounds instead. I then no longer allowed to post another for sale ad.