Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-01-2021, 9:19 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Default Rose Parade etc...

You people that support shutting down things like the Rose Parade, the Rose Bowl, and whatever else... you really need to be ashamed of yourself. Ceding what it means to be American to a virus created by our enemies proves how miserably weak and spineless you are. I don't even like the parade, but millions do.

It's okay to go to Home Depot - but you can't sit outside even with a silly mask and enjoy what has been a tradition as long as I have been alive. If you support this kind of thing, you are a coward plain and simple. You can stay home, but let those that don't live their lives in fear continue to be an American.

Shame on you, you make me sick. You know who you are.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 01-01-2021, 9:34 AM

Home depot isn't a good comparison. Its more like the large protests times 100 when you consider all the restaurants and drinking and partying that happens there and all the infrastructure required to support all of it.
Old 01-01-2021, 9:41 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
Home depot isn't a good comparison. Its more like the large protests times 100 when you consider all the restaurants and drinking and partying that happens there and all the infrastructure required to support all of it.
Yeah, sure, like those people didn't party last night and today anyway. LA is locked down the most, and has the most trouble with it, wake up.

It is controlling and subduing a population through fear, it's pathetic. It's about changing the American way of life, it is downright sickening and if you support it you're part of it.

Old 01-01-2021, 9:44 AM

I was just suggesting that home depot was a poor comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 01-01-2021, 9:55 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
I was just suggesting that home depot was a poor comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, gotcha... sorry man I'm just irritated by it all right now.

I just used HD as an example of how one crowd is allowed to gather under a huge corporation deemed "essential" while all the other businesses you mentioned that support the Rose Parade etc. are screwed. This is a huge day for small businesses, many will fail because losing a day like this.

This is exactly what the Chicoms want. I'm just pissed.

Old 01-01-2021, 9:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The Rose Parade is what it means to be an American?

You have more than 340,000 people dead across the nation, more than 7,500 hospitalized in LAC, 290 dead in a single day yesterday, and here you are angry because the public health official together with the Tournament of Roses Association which puts on the parade have decided to cancel in the interest of protect its people?

The parade has been cancelled three times before: once after Pearl Harbor, and two more years during WWII to conserve materials for the war effort. THAT is what being an American means to me - being willing to make sacrifices to keep ourselves and our nation's people safe. The TRA is going to lose a ton of money, but they did not sue, did not demand people show up in protest - they are choosing to take the hit, without a fight, because they value the health of their community.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

Last edited by duenor; 01-01-2021 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-01-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
That's right.

"The Hillary Clinton school of failure."
Old 01-01-2021, 10:09 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
I knew I could count on you, should have included your name in the title.

People enjoying themselves as they see fit yes, or avoiding the Rose Parade because you hate the crowds, either way is fine because that is called freedom. Restricting people from doing this is what it means to be communist. Crippling capitalist enterprise, forcing people to wear certain garments or even papers to prove their compliance (vaccine or whatever).

You are exactly who I am talking about duenor, your rhetoric is downright shameful.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:12 AM

OP, Please delete or move this thread out of this section. I thought this thread was in Off-Topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
You people that support shutting down things like the Rose Parade, the Rose Bowl, and whatever else... you really need to be ashamed of yourself. Ceding what it means to be American to a virus created by our enemies proves how miserably weak and spineless you are. I don't even like the parade, but millions do.
,,, You can stay home, but let those that don't live their lives in fear continue to be an American.

Changes are hard to accept.

The Rose Parade is the product of the efforts of 10's of thousands of volunteer people who produce the floats plus thousands of workers and more volunteers preparing the streets, building grandstands, placing port-a-potties, and whatnot. And then there are the people who ride the horses, drive the floats, and appear on the floats.

OP, I miss the parade but I wouldn't want anyone to nationalize the parade and force all those "volunteers" to show up.

The Times Square ball drop was pathetic and should have been canceled because it looked sad to me. The network would have had a better show if they broadcasted the fireworks over Los Angeles.

OP, Please delete or move this thread out of this section. I thought this thread was in Off-Topic.

Last edited by PaperTarget; 01-01-2021 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: added: Please delete or move this thread...
Old 01-01-2021, 10:19 AM

As a Californian, I always thought watching the ball drop in new York was sort of strange. I just never felt connected to it and knowing that they reset the ball every hour cheapened the experience. Especially knowing the people on TV were fake celebrating because it had already happened for them.

If I was watching from home I'd rather see my city celebrating but if we had to pick one spot I'd be okay with watching something from Los Angeles.

Last edited by SoCal326; 01-01-2021 at 10:24 AM..
Old 01-01-2021, 10:22 AM
CGN Contributor

I've been part of the parade when I worked at the phone company in the 80's, you don't have to force anyone to show up, people do that out of the love of tradition. A reduced participation, perhaps, but we let it go on because we aren't weak. At least we didn't used to be. And it's not just the Rose Parade, that's just a glaring example. Times Square was another perfect example.

How many people were in close proximity in Walmart and Costco yesterday across the country? But if they were watching a parade they'd be spreading C19... u huh, right. It's all horsecrap.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:23 AM

I totally agree with you, hopefully things can get back to normal soon, getting annoying and tiring.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

People enjoying themselves as they see fit yes, or avoiding the Rose Parade because you hate the crowds, either way is fine because that is called freedom. Restricting people from doing this is what it means to be communist. Crippling capitalist enterprise, forcing people to wear certain garments or even papers to prove their compliance (vaccine or whatever).

You are exactly who I am talking about duenor, your rhetoric is downright shameful.
And your refusal to understand why people are making the sacrifices they are making is downright selfish. There are people dying alone in hallways, overstretched medical staff - there are multiple threads in OT and in this subforum where nurses and doctors are describing the crisis - and here you are, complaining that you can't have your rose parade.

What you are refusing to understand, refusing to believe, refusing to even care about, is that if you put together a big event like this, and even half the usual crowd shows up, and there is a superspreader event which is super likely given that the positivity rate is above 20% right now - those people are going to take it back home, spread it to everybody else, and our medical infrastructure absolutely cannot handle that at all. You've got this Q-afflicted, Peter Navarro inspired fake news view of the world where evil commies produced this virus to kill democracy, and democrats in league with commies are gleefully using this made-up crisis (make up your mind - is it all horsecrap or is it a commie virus?) to control freedom. No matter what evidence you see to the contrary, you'll stubbornly refuse to see things any other way, because you are up to your neck in it.

TRA made the decision in JULY to take the hit and cancel it, and I honor them for the sacrifice they made.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

Last edited by duenor; 01-01-2021 at 10:53 AM..
Old 01-01-2021, 10:52 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

A huge gathering thats guaranteed to spread the covids for a parade is a fantastic idea at a time when our ICUs are already full. Clearly.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

It's okay to go to Home Depot - but you can't sit outside even with a silly mask and enjoy what has been a tradition as long as I have been alive. If you support this kind of thing, you are a coward plain and simple. You can stay home, but let those that don't live their lives in fear continue to be an American.

Shame on you, you make me sick. You know who you are.
Who do you mean “you people”?
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-01-2021, 11:46 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Who do you mean “you people”?
Despite any disagreements you and I may have had over the years, it's not you. But you knew that.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:55 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post
A huge gathering thats guaranteed to spread the covids for a parade is a fantastic idea at a time when our ICUs are already full. Clearly.
Right, but the "superspreader" event that took place yesterday with tens of millions shopping in Walmart to prepare for last night and today was less deadly. Gotcha.

Moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperTarget View Post
OP, Please delete or move this thread out of this section.
No. Skip it if you don't like it, I pay my way around here. Mods don't like it, they can move it as they see fit. I'm sure someone will run to a mod anyway, there's plenty of sissies and snitches roaming the hallways here.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Hey, I saw people partying in Times Square last night:

Quote:
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio danced with his wife in Times Square before midnight on New Year’s Eve while keeping the rest of New York out of the famed plaza for the first time history as he enforced coronavirus restrictions.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...w-yorkers-out/

Mojave Lever Crew Member

""Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated." Sun Tzu: https://twitter.com/Balgor11

Sustaining Member of Balgor's Iggy list.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:56 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Right, but the "superspreader" event that took place yesterday with tens of millions shopping in Walmart to prepare for last night and today was less deadly. Gotcha.

Moronic.
Remind me where I said that was okay.

I'll wait ...
Old 01-01-2021, 12:12 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den60 View Post
Hey, I saw people partying in Times Square last night:
Yep, SWEET! Do as I say... not as I do! And why the mask? Nobody around but them within 6 feet right? This is a commie clown show.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:13 PM

Gerald Celente: New Year of Freedom, Peace & Justice:

https://youtu.be/2h9RMzjX9ck

Peter Schiff - 2021: The Year of The Chickens Coming Home to Roost:

https://youtu.be/HxIVchXtXAc

More weakness seen as dollar posts worst year since 2017:

https://reut.rs/3rIY5Cc

Dollar Has Collapsed: When Will It Lose It's Reserve Currency?:

https://youtu.be/7bzcrwBFD34

You might want to watch the following YouTube by George Gammon as well about 'The Great Reset':

George Gammon Warns: The Great Reset Is Coming - World Economic Forum's Agenda For Economy.& Society:

https://youtu.be/7ZpWidaVgpE

The Great Reset is based on the following book by Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum:

COVID-19: The Great Reset:

https://www.amazon.com/COVID-19-Grea.../dp/2940631123

Dark Winter Has Begun: Millions of Americans are Expected to Lose Their Homes:

https://youtu.be/ZrOi_gSNogM

Once Americans Get Desperately Hungry That Is When We Will see Absolutely Insane Economic Riots:

https://youtu.be/CcwZ0z0TfJI

Matt Bracken wrote:

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO BUILD BACK BETTER AFTER A DARK WINTER? (PART THREE)

In Part 1 of this article I laid out the case the “dark winter” narrative and how an experimental vaccine marketed like a tech product by Big Pharma and their cronies are part of a globalist scheme to reset the world and force us into subservience. In Part 2 of the article I revealed how the “build back better” narrative is part of Klaus Schwab’s Great Reset plan to implement a one world command and control dystopia, managed by billionaire oligarchs and their dark forces.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...er-part-three/

Their “new normal” tripe is built on a foundation of falsity. The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918 killed 50 million people when the population of earth was 1.8 billion, or 2.8% of the world population. This China flu has contributed to the deaths of 1.8 million people with a worldwide population of 7.8 billion, or .023%. The world was not locked down by totalitarians, no vaccine was created, the flu dissipated over time (probably due to natural herd immunity), people continued to live their lives, and the world returned to normal without global elites dictating how we had to live.

'Songbird' movie predicts very bad things to happen in 2021: you are in trouble if in big cities like Los Angeles:

https://youtu.be/099hlzSWXrE

Again I agree with Jason in San Diego in the following YouTube in that we will see big changes in the next few months (if not by the end of next month):

Following YouTube mentioned 'The Great Reset' as well:

BANK CLOSURES HIT 20 YEAR HIGH! CASH LIMITS, ELECTRONIC BANKING, FINANCIAL CRISIS, CASHLESS SOCIETY:

https://youtu.be/N0d8aTSgKt0

Canada is apparently already implementing ''THE GREAT RESET' according to the following, and it is coming to America next with the Federal Reserve doing away with cash in the transition to digital currency for total control so every transaction can be tracked and taxed when America goes cashless sooner rather than later as it could even happen next year as the economic collapse worsens!:

CANADA

Trudeau Confirms He’s All-In On ‘Great Reset’, Communist Agenda For Canada

"The letter, which you can read here, claims to outline a difficult next 12 months for Canada highlighted by stricter lockdowns, internment camps and a forced debt-reset program in which all debts are erased in exchange for forfeiture of all property and assets."

https://freenorth.news/2020/11/16/tr...E9K4DgoqEL8Uls

The 'Great Reset' is about pushing 'us toward the socialist-left Marxist worldview':

https://youtu.be/sSLoOlgmMuQ

James Delingpole: The Great Reset Is Not a Conspiracy Theory

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...piracy-theory/

“The Great Reset” Explained, Our Chat with James Delingpole

Read More: "The Great Reset" Explained, Our Chat with James Delingpole |

https://newstalk955.com/the-great-re...edium=referral

The Great Reset Is Very Real!:

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aH...HJ5V0xlbUZDclI

James Delingpole mentioned (in another interview) to read the following 'Brave New World' book for a glimpse of what our future will be like with 'The Great Reset':

Welcome to 'Brave New World':

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World

https://youtu.be/v4TY4IBIAFc

https://www.amazon.com/Brave-New-Wor.../dp/0060850523

https://youtu.be/Wlb1bdU-G7o

Can watch 2020 version of "Brave New World' for free on Peacock TV:

https://www.peacocktv.com/brave-new-world

We might even also experience what was depicted in 'The Road' film as well if we have WW 3 resulting from an attack on Iran for Israel and China invading Taiwan too!:

The Road - What It All Meant:

https://youtu.be/2614Yv9S98g
Old 01-01-2021, 12:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yep, SWEET! Do as I say... not as I do! And why the mask? Nobody around but them within 6 feet right? This is a commie clown show.

Let 'em eat cake.

I'm not sure if it is DeBlasio being an idiot or if it more to the fact he knows he can get away with just about anything now.

Oh, and the Rose Bowl is being played in Texas.

Mojave Lever Crew Member

""Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated." Sun Tzu: https://twitter.com/Balgor11

Old 01-01-2021, 12:24 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den60 View Post
Let 'em eat cake.

I'm not sure if it is DeBlasio being an idiot or if it more to the fact he knows he can get away with just about anything now.

Oh, and the Rose Bowl is being played in Texas.
Yep.

A lot of stuff there JusticeQuest, plenty to chew on.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:33 PM

Duenor is Calguns Fauci, they both thrive on fake covid statistics, fear-mongering, they are Covid Nazis, they will comment on any news/threads related to Covid and enjoy putting people down
Old 01-01-2021, 12:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Despite any disagreements you and I may have had over the years, it's not you. But you knew that.
I was joking, friend. Happy new year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-01-2021, 12:40 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
I was joking, friend. Happy new year.
Happy new year C87, I need to settle down.

Is "you people" from Seinfeld? I can't remember.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavelek View Post
Duenor is Calguns Fauci, they both thrive on fake covid statistics, fear-mongering, they are Covid Nazis, they will comment on any news/threads related to Covid and enjoy putting people down

And Fauci already saying that 2021 is pretty much toast as well.

Quote:
Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, predicted on Thursday that normal life would not resume for most Americans amid the coronavirus pandemic until as late as next fall.

That timeline, he warned, will be contingent upon the U.S. “efficiently, quickly and effectively” implementing vaccination programs that have thus far lagged behind schedule, as well as “a rather strict adherence” to personal mitigation measures such as hand washing, mask wearing and social distancing.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ll-2021-453055

Mojave Lever Crew Member

Old 01-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member

Sitting without my face shield inside my favorite coffee house right now.
Never wear it outside.
Hope our state is one of the first to go back to normal.

Sad to see other states overreacting and shutting down indefinitely
Old 01-01-2021, 12:44 PM
CGN Contributor

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, predicted on Thursday that normal life would not resume for most Americans...

"Most", like us plebes and serfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Sitting without my face shield inside my favorite coffee house right now.
I'm going to post a pic from mine tomorrow morning Dan, nobody wears a mask there and it's almost all people as old or older than I (58) that eat there every morning. And by eat I mean sit down and eat a meal like a normal American, at a restaurant table.

Last edited by ACfixer; 01-01-2021 at 12:47 PM..
Old 01-01-2021, 12:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Point out where the statistics are fake. Better yet, support your own claims with evidence. Otherwise, it's you that's putting out fake news.

Has nothing to do with putting people down, it has to do with not spreading misinformation that can make an already very bad situation worse. LA County is quite possibly the worst hit epicenter in the world right now.

Last edited by duenor; 01-01-2021 at 1:03 PM..
Old 01-01-2021, 1:10 PM

Duenor you are so boring I can give you tons of statistics and links but you always find whatever to support your cause, you are the Goebbels of Covid

Happy New Year to real calgunners
Old 01-01-2021, 1:50 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Duenor you are so boring I can give you tons of statistics and links but you always find whatever to support your cause, you are the Goebbels of Covid

Back atcha my man.

Old 01-01-2021, 3:14 PM

Quote:

Spot on.
He (or she) is similar to a number of diaper paste libtards that can’t resist showing their true colors. They suckle on the teet of government control of all, while claiming they know what’s best for you and I. The concept of citizens acting independently, and without the blessings of Big Brother is uncomfortable in that they can’t control other folks.
Old 01-01-2021, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, predicted on Thursday that normal life would not resume for most Americans...

"Most", like us plebes and serfs.

I'm going to post a pic from mine tomorrow morning Dan, nobody wears a mask there and it's almost all people as old or older than I (58) that eat there every morning. And by eat I mean sit down and eat a meal like a normal American, at a restaurant table.
I'm 69.. going on 70.. Like Sound of Music.. hee hee
Old 01-02-2021, 10:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Trolling level 8
Old 01-02-2021, 12:11 PM

I find it sad you associate being American with some parade or sporting events. I think being American goes a bit deeper than that.
Old 01-02-2021, 1:49 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialawsucks View Post
I find it sad you associate being American with some parade or sporting events. I think being American goes a bit deeper than that.
I associate the event being part of Americana, try to think a little deeper than that. You know, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet. But maybe you don't get it, well clearly you don't. It's a thread in the fabric that makes up our country.

Plenty here do get it though, that is encouraging.

Old 01-03-2021, 8:06 AM
Veteran Member

Chevy sucks.
Old 01-03-2021, 8:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I associate the event being part of Americana, try to think a little deeper than that. You know, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and FORD. But maybe you don't get it, well clearly you don't. It's a thread in the fabric that makes up our country.

Fixed it for ya. Chevy sucks and their warranty dept can eat a bag of d*cks.
Old 01-03-2021, 8:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I associate the event being part of Americana, try to think a little deeper than that. You know, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet. But maybe you don't get it, well clearly you don't. It's a thread in the fabric that makes up our country.

Ok, you lost me at Chevrolet.

Mojave Lever Crew Member