Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2019, 4:15 PM

Default Proposed indoor range in downtown Martinez?

I just heard about this. All I know is what is in the NBC news link - so in other words not a lot. Anyone have information? This would be fantastic if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...509931561.html
Old 05-18-2019, 4:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Other than the fact that there is no damn parking in downtown Martinez, I think it's a good idea. I'm just not too hot on the location. I also wonder how much research he has done on retrofitting the building for the ventilation system that has to go in. It's not going to be cheap.
Old 05-18-2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
Other than the fact that there is no damn parking in downtown Martinez, I think it's a good idea. I'm just not too hot on the location. I also wonder how much research he has done on retrofitting the building for the ventilation system that has to go in. It's not going to be cheap.
Agreed parking won't be great at times, but if they can pull it off I'm all for it since USI will probably never fully reopen. Downtown is so dead when court isn't in session though that a lot of the time parking will be just fine.
Old 05-19-2019, 3:39 PM

Having a range would be great but even if it’s just a new LGS with no range I’d consider it great news. Canyon Sports would finally have some competition.
Old 05-20-2019, 8:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Don't worry the anti's will pull out all the stops to prevent it. It would probably good for the local economy but the Brady bunch and all the rest will stack the hearings and meetings with their anti-gun groups.

Look at what happened with Turners in San Carlos. That old bat from San Jose showed up with her little anti-gun printout signs and passed them out.

Hard to believe how stupid local governments are when they allow themselves to have outsiders with agendas coming in to influence local decisions.
Old 05-20-2019, 8:56 PM

Default FYI USI

In case you’ve not seen it.....
USI is currently in construction. Walls going and concrete about to be poured.

Yep, ground has been actually broken!

Barry
Old 05-20-2019, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
In case you’ve not seen it.....
USI is currently in construction. Walls going and concrete about to be poured.

Yep, ground has been actually broken!

Barry
Thanks. I've heard it, but I'll only believe it when I'm standing on the line pulling the trigger of my .45.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2019, 9:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Don't worry the anti's will pull out all the stops to prevent it. It would probably good for the local economy but the Brady bunch and all the rest will stack the hearings and meetings with their anti-gun groups.

Look at what happened with Turners in San Carlos. That old bat from San Jose showed up with her little anti-gun printout signs and passed them out.

Hard to believe how stupid local governments are when they allow themselves to have outsiders with agendas coming in to influence local decisions.

The one guy in the newscast, Michael Selby, was on Nextdoor.com ranting and raving about guns sole purpose was to kill. The. When it’s done killing, it would kill and kill some more. Several threads on the gun range were deleted my the moderators. That Selby fellow has pretty thin skin and only brought emotion to the argument. And of course, since he’s gay, he would be the first one to be shot since everyone is out to kill gays with a gun they steal outside a gun shop in Martinez. *sarcasm off*

Yeah, downtown isnt the greatest location, but it’s a location and it’s close by and would give us locals a spot to go shoot other than USI.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-21-2019, 7:41 AM

Default Pour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Thanks. I've heard it, but I'll only believe it when I'm standing on the line pulling the trigger of my .45.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The guys pouring the concrete will be really pissed if you do that!

Barry
Old 05-21-2019, 11:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
The guys pouring the concrete will be really pissed if you do that!

Barry

Only if you don’t share!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 06-01-2019, 10:19 AM

Has anyone seen or heard any status updates? The article linked in the OP doesn't have any details on when a decision will be made...I wonder if there's anything we can do to voice support for this while there's still a chance.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

The antis will fight tooth and nail to stop this, USI will open first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 06-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
The antis will fight tooth and nail to stop this, USI will open first!

Front Sight will be built out before USI... jk!!!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 06-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

USI will never fully reopened. Anybody that thinks that it will is sadly mistaken.

a new indoor range in Martinez would be nice. But given the current political state in California I doubt that it would ever happen. I think the residents and the local politicians would put an end to that very quickly.
Old 06-02-2019, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
USI will never fully reopened. Anybody that thinks that it will is sadly mistaken.

a new indoor range in Martinez would be nice. But given the current political state in California I doubt that it would ever happen. I think the residents and the local politicians would put an end to that very quickly.
If this project really starts rolling I can see the anti's using what happened at Targetmaster in Milpitas with the lead contamination as a club to strike this proposal down. Best of luck to anyone trying to build a new indoor range- we need them for sure.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
If this project really starts rolling I can see the anti's using what happened at Targetmaster in Milpitas with the lead contamination as a club to strike this proposal down. Best of luck to anyone trying to build a new indoor range- we need them for sure.

I think someone already commented on that on the feud that was going on the Nextdoor app.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 06-22-2019, 7:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Tiny update. From what I heard, there was a town hall meeting in Martinez a few nights ago. As expected, the shouts and emotion were running high. There is another crapstorm on Nextdoor. I have no idea on what the outcome was of the town hall.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 06-22-2019, 1:13 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

I think we all know what the outcome of that meeting is going to be. It will probably be a LGBTQ encounter group center or a coffee shop with cats roaming around in it.

Look what they did to USI, look what they did to Chabot. I don't think they're going to be building any new gun ranges around here anytime soon.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
I think we all know what the outcome of that meeting is going to be. It will probably be a LGBTQ encounter group center or a coffee shop with cats roaming around in it.

Look what they did to USI, look what they did to Chabot. I don't think they're going to be building any new gun ranges around here anytime soon.

Similar to my feelings about USI and the resort at Front Sight, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM

Default How you can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I just heard about this. All I know is what is in the NBC news link - so in other words not a lot. Anyone have information? This would be fantastic if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...509931561.html
I just posted this to the main Bay Area Chapter forum, you can help by sending an email. Details in this post.... https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post23147089
Old 06-26-2019, 11:06 AM

Default Proposed Gun Range - Need your Help!!!

Yes, we're trying to make it happen but the opposition is growing and you know, shouting louder to get attention. I just added a post to the Bay Area Chapter forum with an email address where you can express your support.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post23147089
Old 06-26-2019, 11:11 AM

Default Whining at the town hall as you might expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Tiny update. From what I heard, there was a town hall meeting in Martinez a few nights ago. As expected, the shouts and emotion were running high. There is another crapstorm on Nextdoor. I have no idea on what the outcome was of the town hall.
If you're interested you can watch the full presentation and public reaction here..... https://youtu.be/-BuTk480qPU

If you'd like to send an email in support this Forum link will give you the details and email address..... https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post23147089
Old 06-26-2019, 9:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGun View Post
If you're interested you can watch the full presentation and public reaction here..... https://youtu.be/-BuTk480qPU

If you'd like to send an email in support this Forum link will give you the details and email address..... https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post23147089

Thanks for posting this! I’ll have to make time to watch it.

I do like this quote from the Martinez Gazette: “On the other hand, had it been a formal debate, Van Loan said those favoring Varise’s gun range proposal would have won.”

Although the owner of the property isn’t a gun owner, he has obviously given it much thought. He is looking to do things right. If it does come to fruition, let’s how he carries through with it and learns a lesson from Target Masters (for what NOT to do).

For anyone else interested in it, take a few to read the whole article. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M&P 15 (Mine)