Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-31-2020, 8:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Another video 2 days ago.

At ~18 min AV says he won't go to Shall Issue, he'll keep requiring Good Cause. Go to the website, you can apply if you think you're qualified.

Then, at ~19:30 min AV drops a bombshell. Someone asks him if there's fewer deputies and more criminals on the street, will you make it easier for law-abiding citizens get a CCW? "That is a very good question, Justin Ashton(?). I can guarantee you this, that as the budget situation changes and we start becoming defunded, the equation is going to change for CCWs, I promise you that. Okay? That's just my responsibility. I have to keep everybody safe."

That may be the real reason AV reformed CCW process recently. He's going to tell the BoS if you don't restore my budget, I'm going to really liberalize CCWs even more (SD = GC?)

https://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesC...6790813545961/

Anyone know when the budget cuts are finalized?

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 07-31-2020 at 8:39 PM..
Old 07-31-2020, 8:31 PM

I thought the budget cut has been voted on and approved on June 29, 2020 according to this article: https://lasd.org/sheriff-villanueva-...o-be-affected/.
Old 07-31-2020, 8:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflakes View Post
I thought the budget cut has been voted on and approved on June 29, 2020 according to this article: https://lasd.org/sheriff-villanueva-...o-be-affected/.
Okay, but when does that budget take effect?

Old 07-31-2020, 8:51 PM

Looking at the Final Budget Book from the previous years, it appears that the Los Angeles County fiscal year is from July 1st -June 30th, and the budget gets adjusted on October 1st.

Here's the Final Budget Book for 2019-2020: https://ceo.lacounty.gov/wp-content/...ook_upload.pdf

Here's the Final Budget Book for 2018-2019: https://ceo.lacounty.gov/wp-content/...y-Budget-1.pdf

So if I am not mistaken, it looks like the budget has taken effect beginning on July 1st, and it will be reviewed again for adjustments on October 1st.
Old 07-31-2020, 8:54 PM

And this adopted budget chart was published on July 1st:

https://ceo.lacounty.gov/wp-content/...get-Charts.pdf
Old 08-01-2020, 4:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If any of you honestly think that a discussion of the budget is actually going to make any difference in getting you a CCW in L.A. County you are sorely mistaken. I'm still waiting to eat that crow!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

Last edited by Big Jake; 08-01-2020 at 6:43 AM..
Old 08-01-2020, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Another video 2 days ago.

At ~18 min AV says he won't go to Shall Issue, he'll keep requiring Good Cause. Go to the website, you can apply if you think you're qualified.

Then, at ~19:30 min AV drops a bombshell. Someone asks him if there's fewer deputies and more criminals on the street, will you make it easier for law-abiding citizens get a CCW? "That is a very good question, Justin Ashton(?). I can guarantee you this, that as the budget situation changes and we start becoming defunded, the equation is going to change for CCWs, I promise you that. Okay? That's just my responsibility. I have to keep everybody safe."

That may be the real reason AV reformed CCW process recently. He's going to tell the BoS if you don't restore my budget, I'm going to really liberalize CCWs even more (SD = GC?)

https://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesC...6790813545961/

Anyone know when the budget cuts are finalized?

Paladin I gotta say I keep coming back to this thread for your posts. You're very much on top of this and your updates here are very informative.

Thank you!

OT though, I wonder if he's just saying that now until they adjust the budget but that won't be till October. Either people apply now before October (because if they announce that they'll restore some of the budget he could backtrack hard on this) or you wait till they don't do anything and then you can pretty much apply without a fear of denial being on record (although supposedly it does nothing aside having to let other agencies know you were denied for lack of GC). I have a fear it might be the former more likely because AV has had a record already of flip-flopping on gun issues.
Old 08-02-2020, 6:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick237 View Post
OT though, I wonder if he's just saying that now until they adjust the budget but that won't be till October. Either people apply now before October (because if they announce that they'll restore some of the budget he could backtrack hard on this) or you wait till they don't do anything and then you can pretty much apply without a fear of denial being on record (although supposedly it does nothing aside having to let other agencies know you were denied for lack of GC). I have a fear it might be the former more likely because AV has had a record already of flip-flopping on gun issues.
I PM'ed Maverick asking him to edit this post for clarity and this was his reply (bolding added by me):

Quote:
I can't edit from my phone currently but I'll try.

Basically I'm wondering if he's being genuine with what he's saying about CCWs or if this is all just theater (including altering the policy) just to scare the Board of Supervisors and others to not reduce the LASD budget. Are there any signs of that?

Or does it seem like AV can't play the anti gun game anymore now that there a lot more informed people on current gun laws out there as well as businesses that struggled to stay safe during the riots?
Personally, I think AV's changes since June 15 are legit. There are too many and they are all consistent with liberalizing CCW issuance. (Since I've previously posted about them I won't repeat them here.) After June 15 I gave, IIRC, 6 possible reasons/motivations for the change, this latest one, using even greater liberalization of CCWs as a bargaining chip with the BoS is yet another.

Altering his CCW policy (including GC standard) is not "just theater." The published policy is what he is legally bound to obey when issuing or denying a CCW. Violating his own CCW policy is what got McDonnell in hot water with the CA State Auditor. The CSA is still watching LASD re. CCWs even after McDonnell was replaced by AV -- last year they gave AV another warning LASD was still not in compliance with state law.

A previous poster ~July 7th posted a link of an image of a memo from AV telling all stations how to accept CCW apps and how to process them (where to send them). After that, AV overhauled the CCW webpage, even getting rid of the old false info re. the CA Sup Ct requiring them to use their highly restrictive GC standard. During town halls, AV chooses what questions to answer and he's consistently chosen to talk about CCWs. So, personally, I'm confident these changes are legit. Once Los Angeles CGNers apply, get approved or denied, and then post about it on CGN we'll have verification.

It only costs $10 to get a GC decision. LA co has 10M people, 3x the next most populous county (SD at 3.3M). Why aren't TONS of CGNers saying they've applied? Good question.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-02-2020 at 9:57 AM..
Old 08-02-2020, 9:24 AM

Default Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
If any of you honestly think that a discussion of the budget is actually going to make any difference in getting you a CCW in L.A. County you are sorely mistaken. I'm still waiting to eat that crow!

Why are you following this thread? You keep coming back to post a slightly different version of the same comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CZebra; 08-03-2020 at 10:12 AM..
Old 08-02-2020, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Another town hall was held 3 days ago. ~7 min in, AV talks about CCWs. He says they're streamlining the process as much as possible, have added "a couple" of personnel to the CCW unit to speed up the application process, bear with us while we put the new system in place.

The main thing that stands out to me is his matter-of-fact handling of the issue. He's not holding his nose, so to speak, as he talks about CCWs. It's just like this is a service we offer, we're going to issue them to a lot more people, so please be patient as we ramp up the process.

https://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesC...8590465354415/
thank you for pointing me to this thread....I will be watching this very closely

Old 08-02-2020, 3:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

From what I read- it’s still an extremely limited case for issuance.

Same of BS with some pooporri on top

“Sacrificial is now Essential Employee”
“We can’t call people Sacrificial... they can’t hear the truth” Gov Newsom

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 08-02-2020, 3:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
From what I read- it’s still an extremely limited case for issuance.
We do not know yet what "color" of GC qualifies. IMO, from what his GC policy says and from what AV's said, Dark Red and Light Red GCs have a solid chance of getting issued. I even think Yellow is likely.

We won't know until LA Co CGNers with Dark Red, Light Red and Yellow apply and let us know how it goes.

If most everyone w/Yellow gets issued, then I'll suggest people with Light Green GCs try and let us know how it goes.

It only costs $10 to apply and get a GC decision.

The type of GCs for each "color" can be found in post #31 at:
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1482924

Old 08-02-2020, 7:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Okay, but when does that budget take effect?
Although it is not specifically referring to the LASD, here's another indication Oct 1st may be when the new budget kicks in and the layoffs begin (and when AV may lower the GC standard even further so more law-abiding residents can protect themselves).

Quote:
Across all county departments, the budget cuts would result in the elimination of 3,251 positions — 2,596 vacant and 655 potential layoffs. No layoffs would take place before Oct. 1. The county employs more than 100,000 people.
From: https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-162-1-million

Old 08-02-2020, 9:07 PM

There are probably plenty of people reluctant to apply based upon fear of denial for GC. Folks, if you seriously want / need a CCW you wouldn't let that stop you. And, if there ever was to be any sort of legal action against issuing agencies within LA County and you wanted to be a part of it, you probably need to have standing. When people don't apply, issuing agencies are likely to just say "see, nobody really needs a CCW since they don't apply".

FWIW - I have two denials here within LA County, but have had permits for three other states for years. I retain those denials with pride as evidence of the abuse of my rights here in CA.

Other LE I interact with laugh when they hear I have denials from LA - they know how bad the abuse of CCW issuance in LA County is. They are appalled that PD Chiefs don't issue to residents yet visitors from other parts of CA can freely carry in my home town. The hypocrisy is astounding.
“The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law.” – U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 08-02-2020, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5&G23 View Post
There are probably plenty of people reluctant to apply based upon fear of denial for GC. Folks, if you seriously want / need a CCW you wouldn't let that stop you. And, if there ever was to be any sort of legal action against issuing agencies within LA County and you wanted to be a part of it, you probably need to have standing. When people don't apply, issuing agencies are likely to just say "see, nobody really needs a CCW since they don't apply".

FWIW - I have two denials here within LA County, but have had permits for three other states for years. I retain those denials with pride as evidence of the abuse of my rights here in CA.

Other LE I interact with laugh when they hear I have denials from LA - they know how bad the abuse of CCW issuance in LA County is. They are appalled that PD Chiefs don't issue to residents yet visitors from other parts of CA can freely carry in my home town. The hypocrisy is astounding.
I want to apply for CCW too but I don't know what kind of GC I can come up with.
Old 08-03-2020, 3:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZebra View Post
Why are you following this thread? You keep coming back to post a slightly different version of the same comment. You act like a miserable human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just find the entire thread amusing. You honestly think that all the conversation about budgets and other meaningless topics is going to give anyone in L.A. County a snowflakes chance in H#$% of getting a CCW? You are all quite delusional. I lived in L.A. County for most of my life and finally came to the reality how futile the conversation is. YOU WILL NOT GET A CCW!

If you want one then move to any neighboring county and you will get one!
Old 08-03-2020, 7:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I just find the entire thread amusing. You honestly think that all the conversation about budgets and other meaningless topics is going to give anyone in L.A. County a snowflakes chance in H#$% of getting a CCW? You are all quite delusional. I lived in L.A. County for most of my life and finally came to the reality how futile the conversation is. YOU WILL NOT GET A CCW!

If you want one then move to any neighboring county and you will get one!
Remember these words well, folks, for that is all they are, words. Words meant to make BJ feel superior. Words meant to ridicule, denigrate and discourage you. Words, sadly, from a fellow CalGunner....

You'd think even if fellow Calgunner thought you didn't have a chance, they'd at least wish you the best of luck. No, some people post not "for the cause", but for themselves. Why else would they spend their own time and effort posting such useless drivel?

When Sheriff Gore of San Diego Co SO said he was liberalizing issuance there was a CGNer making similar post. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1400940) He discouraged many. I, too, didn't believe Gore had changed at first. But when I saw he had changed his policy and heard of people getting approved, I changed my position. But I never knocked people for trying. They wouldn't have gotten approved if they didn't try. In contrast as the months rolled by and more and more CGNers posted about getting approved and eventually issued CCWs, this other CGNer posted less and less and eventually stopped posting at all in that thread. He NEVER said if he even applied. I wonder if he had mental problems that would have caused him to fail the GMC/background check.

What kept me going and keeps me going here is a short quote from Nobel Laureate and former President Theodore Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" speech.
Quote:
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
From: https://www.theodorerooseveltcenter....the-Arena.aspx

Henry Ford, founder of Ford automobiles, put the idea more succinctly: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/978...-can-t--you-re

As for the naysaying of BJ: if he annoys you, just put him on your Ignore list (under User CP towards the top left), and you won't see his posts when you log in. Or, do as I do: read his posts and just remember that no one accomplished anything worthwhile with an attitude like that. IOW, he's a reminder of what not to be, of the people to keep out of your life. Cultivate the attitude and friendships of people like Roosevelt and Ford instead.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-03-2020 at 8:27 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 12:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
I want to apply for CCW too but I don't know what kind of GC I can come up with.
work through the "colors" with their corresponding GCs in post #31 at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924

Old 08-03-2020, 12:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5&G23 View Post
There are probably plenty of people reluctant to apply based upon fear of denial for GC.
The sad thing is that a denial for insufficient GC does not hurt you in the future. They'll just compare your future GC against their future GC standard and go from there.

What may hurt you is a denial for lack of GMC. Even there, depending upon what the problem was and how long ago it occurred, it may not matter. But they'll want to know about it.

Old 08-03-2020, 3:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Remember these words well, folks, for that is all they are, words. Words meant to make BJ feel superior. Words meant to ridicule, denigrate and discourage you. Words, sadly, from a fellow CalGunner....

You'd think even if fellow Calgunner thought you didn't have a chance, they'd at least wish you the best of luck. No, some people post not "for the cause", but for themselves. Why else would they spend their own time and effort posting such useless drivel?

When Sheriff Gore of San Diego Co SO said he was liberalizing issuance there was a CGNer making similar post. (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1400940) He discouraged many. I, too, didn't believe Gore had changed at first. But when I saw he had changed his policy and heard of people getting approved, I changed my position. But I never knocked people for trying. They wouldn't have gotten approved if they didn't try. In contrast as the months rolled by and more and more CGNers posted about getting approved and eventually issued CCWs, this other CGNer posted less and less and eventually stopped posting at all in that thread. He NEVER said if he even applied. I wonder if he had mental problems that would have caused him to fail the GMC/background check.

What kept me going and keeps me going here is a short quote from Nobel Laureate and former President Theodore Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" speech.
From: https://www.theodorerooseveltcenter....the-Arena.aspx

Henry Ford, founder of Ford automobiles, put the idea more succinctly: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/978...-can-t--you-re

As for the naysaying of BJ: if he annoys you, just put him on your Ignore list (under User CP towards the top left), and you won't see his posts when you log in. Or, do as I do: read his posts and just remember that no one accomplished anything worthwhile with an attitude like that. IOW, he's a reminder of what not to be, of the people to keep out of your life. Cultivate the attitude and friendships of people like Roosevelt and Ford instead.
WRONG!!!

I do not feel superior in any way nor am I attempting denigrate anyone. I am simply pointing out the folly of this conversation that all of you seem to be having.L.A. County will not issue a CCW to regular people. It has always been that way. Talking about it will not make it happen. I am a realist and I do not live on Fantasy Island. I admire your tenacity Paladin, however, unrealistic as it may be. I want nothing more than to be proven wrong on this issue gents. carry on!
Old 08-03-2020, 4:55 PM

Quote:
WRONG!!!

I do not feel superior in any way nor am I attempting denigrate anyone. I am simply pointing out the folly of this conversation that all of you seem to be having.L.A. County will not issue a CCW to regular people. It has always been that way. Talking about it will not make it happen. I am a realist and I do not live on Fantasy Island. I admire your tenacity Paladin, however, unrealistic as it may be. I want nothing more than to be proven wrong on this issue gents. carry on!

I think people need to look at the films like The Shawshank Redemption or Rudy for inspiration when it comes to CCW in Los Angeles County.

How many funding request letters did Andy Dufresne have to send to the state before they finally gave him some funds for the prison library so he would leave them alone?

And what about Rudy Ruettiger? Look at all of the time he spent showing up for practice just to get the stuffing knocked out of him before he finally got a chance to play in a game?

True, these are just films, although one is loosely based on actual events. But my point is if you don't put in the effort, you'll never stand any chance at being successful.

Wouldn't it be better to have a slow grinding, relentless campaign of applicants willing to spend a few dollars a year and burying the Sheriff's CCW office in applications? Seems like a better talking point for the Pro CCW side if they can say the LASD had received thousands of applications this year and they continue to deny average folks a CCW.

Certainly having many CCW applicants would be better than very few people applying and thereby allowing the LASD to say, look, barely anybody applies for a CCW so our policy is just fine.
Old 08-03-2020, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

I want to believe, but LA County if not the whole State just seems worse than ever with no sign of it ever getting better unless Trump should win and Ginsburg should finally die or at least hopefully retire. At least that would keep Roberts from sinking it, which seems most likely at this point.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 08-04-2020, 7:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
WRONG!!!

I would believe that if you made only 1 ridiculing post per month. It's the beginning of a new month, August. You've made your 1 "realistic" post. Let's see if you can wait until Sept. to make another while I and many others try to prove you wrong.

Old 08-04-2020, 8:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
I want to believe, but LA County if not the whole State just seems worse than ever with no sign of it ever getting better unless Trump should win and Ginsburg should finally die or at least hopefully retire. At least that would keep Roberts from sinking it, which seems most likely at this point.
That's why I've kept focused on CCWs at the county level since Heller/McDonald. Compare these maps and tell me CA hasn't improved. I used to call all those anti counties extending from Sonoma Co, around the SFBA and down to the border and then over to AZ a "fortress," and that's exactly what it was, a solid anti fortress. Yet we've gone from 40 - 60k CCWs to >120k! Right now, even without LA Co., >1/2 of the CA's population is in "Green" counties. If LA Co were to go all the way to Green, ~80% of CA's population could readily get CCWs. We'd no longer be an "anti" state regarding CCWs! And all this progress was made without CA9/SCOTUS saying we have a public Right to Bear Arms.

I'm sure back in '09 if I said we'd make all this progress without a CA9/SCOTUS win many would have mocked me, saying I wasn't "realistic." But look at where we are and we made all this progress during a time when mass shootings have reignited the moribund gun control movement.

And we're not done yet!

Personally, I want LA Co to fall not only for it's own sake and the sake of its 10M residents, but also because there's nothing else of importance to win in SoCal: SLO is Light Green as long as you don't live in a city. (This is the same w/Napa Co in NorCal.) SB is full of wealthy Libs (like Marin in NorCal), so let them be unarmed. Imperial is nothing but coyotes and jackrabbits. That means the fight becomes focused on "the vital 5" SFBA counties: SF, SM, SClara, Ala and CoCoCo. They're the last holdouts that matter (population, crime levels and/or culturally important). IOW, that will be the beginning of the endgame....

Like Henry Ford said: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."

Last edited by Paladin; 08-04-2020 at 8:33 AM..
Old 08-04-2020, 8:06 AM

Quote:
I would believe that if you made only 1 ridiculing post per month. It's the beginning of a new month, August. You've made your 1 "realistic" post. Let's see if you can wait until Sept. to make another while I and many others try to prove you wrong.
I don't see what the issue is with the Big Jake's posts. It is his opinion that LA County sheriff will not issue to regular citizens and the latest AV talk is nothing, but a political game. I have inside on LASD and tend to agree with what BJ says. I hope I am wrong. Regardless, let's just everyone speak their mind freely and see how it goes.
Old 08-04-2020, 8:13 AM

Quote:
That's why I've kept focused on CCWs at the county level since Heller/McDonald. Compare these maps and tell me CA hasn't improved. I used to call all those anti counties extending from Sonoma Co, around the SFBA and down to the border and then over to AZ a "fortress," and that's exactly what it was, a solid anti fortress. Yet we've gone from 40 - 60k CCWs to >120k! Right now, even without LA Co., >1/2 of the CA's population is in "Green" counties. If LA Co were to go all the way to Green, ~80% of CA's population could readily get CCWs. We'd no longer be an "anti" state regarding CCWs! And all this progress was made without CA9/SCOTUS saying we have a public Right to Bear Arms.

I'm sure back in '09 if I said we'd make all this progress without a CA9/SCOTUS win many would have mocked me, saying I wasn't "realistic." But look at where we are. And we're not done yet!

Like Henry Ford said: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."

No doubt, the state has improved greatly in terms of other counties going green. We just need San Francisco and Los Angeles to catch up, hopefully, during our lifetime. I personally think we have more chances seeing the National reciprocity bill being signed into law, then constituents of red counties electing a pro-2A/CCW sheriff.
Old 08-04-2020, 8:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demisx View Post
I don't see what the issue is with the Big Jake's posts.
Just skim through this thread since June 19th looking for BJ's posts and read them. Do the same thing in this thread: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...1615947&page=2

This YouTube clip sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tz2jhRAC8

Do and really help us in our fight? Does BJ really think we don't know LA Co is and historically has been anti CCW? Does BJ really think we don't know how unlikely we are to win? He's not informing or educating us on anything. He's undermining people from even being willing to apply and for $10 find out if AV is BSing us or has finally decided to keep his campaign promise. There's a term for soldiers who do things like that in wartime during a battle....

Quote:
It is his opinion that LA County sheriff will not issue to regular citizens and the latest AV talk is nothing, but a political game. I have inside on LASD and tend to agree with what BJ says. I hope I am wrong.
CGNers have contacted me (PMs) who say they know people inside LASD -- 4 sources at this point. They say, yeah, he's changing things, hiring more, ramping things up, liberalizing but no one knows by how much yet. (Another CGNer PMed me recently w/info from yet another inside source if I'd give them my personal phone #. I declined. OpSec.... )

ETA: I should mention someone else also recently PMed me w/insider info saying nothing will change. But since that insider is no longer w/LASD and since AV has changed his CCW process to conform to the requirements of the CA State Auditor, things have already changed and in a way consistent with some degree of liberalization.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-04-2020 at 11:53 AM..
Old 08-04-2020, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Just skim through this thread since June 19th looking for BJ's posts and read them. Do the same thing in this thread: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...1615947&page=2

Do and really help us in our fight? Does BJ really think we don't know LA Co is and historically has been anti CCW? Does BJ really think we don't know how unlikely we are to win? He's not informing or educating us on anything. He's undermining people from even being willing to apply and for $10 find out if AV is BSing us or has finally decided to keep his campaign promise. There's a term for soldiers who do things like that in wartime during a battle....

CGNers have contacted me (PMs) who say they know people inside LASD -- 4 sources at this point. They say, yeah, he's changing things, hiring more, ramping things up, liberalizing but no one knows by how much yet. (Another CGNer PMed me recently w/info from yet another inside source if I'd give them my personal phone #. I declined. OpSec.... )
Agree!! I believe there is nothing wrong to try. If we don't fight/find for our right, then there is no right for you.

Before LA county is ZERO chance, but now it might be just 1% or more chance BUT hey! it worth to try. Who knows the future, unless we do it.

I don't oppose anybody opinion, everybody have the right to share there opinions. I just keep things positive.
Old 08-04-2020, 9:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah, he's a passionate believer that LA County will not issue. Maybe posting the same thing too often. That's fine - everyone has an opinion and their way to communicate it. I also don't understand how applying and getting turned down really helps the fight. I surely don't want a denial on my record. The AV is up for reelection in 2022. Maybe this is where the fight should be focused on? Though, I remember living in LA county (prior to moving to Riverside this year) and being surrounded by so many snowflake neighbors who really thought that guns were the problem and CCWs permits were licenses to kill. I just don't see how these gun grabbers can elect a pro-CCW sheriff in 2022. I think something has to fundamentally shift in the brains of this county constituents before we see any real changes.
Old 08-04-2020, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
Agree!! I believe there is nothing wrong to try. If we don't fight/find for our right, then there is no right for you.

Before LA county is ZERO chance, but now it might be just 1% or more chance BUT hey! it worth to try. Who knows the future, unless we do it.

I don't oppose anybody opinion, everybody have the right to share there opinions. I just keep things positive.
Please keep us updated on your progress if you decide to apply for one.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I also don't understand how applying and getting turned down really helps the fight. I surely don't want a denial on my record.
I've only encouraged people to apply who've got a solid chance of passing the GC standard. So far, AFAIK, AV has given only 2 GCs as examples he'd approve: (1) people living in Antelope Valley (and, presumably, similarly rural areas) with long LE response times (Yellow GC), and (2) business owners making cash sales and/or cash deposits (Light Red GC). Playing it conservative, I've said people with Dark Red and Light Red GCs have a solid chance and should apply. People with Yellow GCs may get issued so apply if you can waste the time, money ($10) and effort of applying. If most people who apply with Yellow says they've been approved, then I'll say to people with Light Green GC they "may get issued so apply if you can waste the time, money ($10) and effort of applying." If most of them get issued, then we up it to people with Dark Green GCs.

I'm amazed in 2020 people are still fearful of denials for insufficient GC. They do not affect your future apps. Your future IA compares your future GC to their future GC standard and go from there. Your old, denied GC and the old IA's old GC standard has no effect. That is NOT the case if you were denied for lack of GMC.

Quote:
The AV is up for reelection in 2022. Maybe this is where the fight should be focused on? Though, I remember living in LA county (prior to moving to Riverside this year) and being surrounded by so many snowflake neighbors who really thought that guns were the problem and CCWs permits were licenses to kill. I just don't see how these gun grabbers can elect a pro-CCW sheriff in 2022. I think something has to fundamentally shift in the brains of this county constituents before we see any real changes.
There was a "Shall Issue" candidate last time. By the fact I can't recall his name should give you an idea of how well he did vs McDonnell and AV...

Last edited by Paladin; 08-04-2020 at 10:10 AM..
Old 08-04-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:

ETA: I should mention someone else also recently PMed me w/insider info saying nothing will change. But since that insider is no longer w/LASD and since AV has changed his CCW process to conform to the requirements of the CA State Auditor, things have already changed and in a way consistent with some degree of liberalization.
If you’re inclined to get in contact with that CGner, download an app called TextNow or one similar. There are apps that allow you to use a temporary/different phone number to text/call for free. I use it typically when signing up for websites/services that require a valid phone number to verify you when I don’t want to provide my actual number.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I'm still waiting to be proven wrong. I hope you can do so Paladin. I've got my fork and knife ready to go to eat that crow. So far I haven't seen or heard from the person who actually obtained a CCW from the LASD. That's ok. I'm a patient person!

Last edited by Big Jake; 08-04-2020 at 12:57 PM..
Old 08-04-2020, 1:07 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting to be proven wrong. I hope you can do so Paladin. I've got my fork and knife ready to go to eat that crow. So far I haven't seen or heard from the person who actually obtained a CCW from the LASD. That's ok. I'm a patient person!

Dude it's been a week. Relax.
Old 08-05-2020, 9:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweedsoyboy View Post
If you’re inclined to get in contact with that CGner, download an app called TextNow or one similar. There are apps that allow you to use a temporary/different phone number to text/call for free. I use it typically when signing up for websites/services that require a valid phone number to verify you when I don’t want to provide my actual number.
Thanks, but when I asked if we could stick to PMs he withdrew his offer. Whatever. I'm not in LA Co so what LASD does does not directly affect me. I don't get paid for any of my activism, so I'm not willing to stick my neck out very far at all.

We'll find out soon enough (i.e., probably within a few months), what's what with AV's CCW reforms.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-05-2020 at 9:33 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but when I asked if we could stick to PMs he withdrew his offer. Whatever. I'm not in LA Co so what LASD does does not directly affect me. I don't get paid for any of my activism, so I'm not willing to stick my neck out very far at all.

We'll find out soon enough (i.e., probably within a few months), what's what with AV's CCW reforms.
Thanks for your support in assisting those in LA county with your updates.

I, too, check in on the progress (I’m in OC) and remain optimistic.

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
Old 08-06-2020, 1:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweedsoyboy View Post
Dude it's been a week. Relax.
No, it's been a DAY, His last asinine ITYS post was.

Quote:
08-03-2020, 4:06 PM
Your above quote is from

Quote:
08-04-2020, 2:07 PM
Old 08-06-2020, 2:31 AM
Calguns Addict

please delete

Last edited by pacrat; 08-06-2020 at 2:32 AM.. Reason: oops double tap
Old 08-06-2020, 2:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Paladin, please remind me.

Quote:
Altering his CCW policy (including GC standard) is not "just theater." The published policy is what he is legally bound to obey when issuing or denying a CCW. Violating his own CCW policy is what got McDonnell in hot water with the CA State Auditor. The CSA is still watching LASD re. CCWs even after McDonnell was replaced by AV -- last year they gave AV another warning LASD was still not in compliance with state law.
Just what actual consequences constitute "hot water"? Isn't CSA a toothless dog that only barks for others attention, but can't bite?

Have dozens of their negative reports on High Speed Rail Authority resulted in any consequences?