Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 06-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Talking Fix It Video's for All Rimfire Firearms

Hi

Let's start collecting YouTube's and other video's of rimfire rifle and pistol fixes.

Rules are simple:

If you find a YouTube or other video of rimfire rifle and pistol fixes that helped you, then post it.
  • Make sure you give the youtube a descriptive title.
  • Then post the video.

Example post

Quote:
"This fixed my Magazine issues"
Quote:
add the the bracket back "["YOUTUBE]Y4DoS8Uzc04[/YOUTUBE]
Ruger MK III 22-45 Simple Disassembly and Reassembly

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 06-17-2014 at 1:00 PM..
Old 06-17-2014, 10:16 AM

Default Fix It Video's for All Rimfire Firearms

Here are all the fixes I have done to my 10/22 that fixed all my misfeeds and jams even my Mag issues. Do any of you guys have anymore that you think others might use. I am posting this because I know there is ALOT of people here on the site and I would like to see this thread grow as kind of a collective depository for 10/22 fixes.

This fixed my Magazine issues:

This helped alot to fix my missfeds and FTF. I know he shows a large cap magazine but I did this for my 10rd mags and helped out ALOT:

and this fixed all my stove pipe issues:

all these have together have almost completly eliminated all my issues with my 10/22 every once in a while I might get a FTF but the last time i went out it only happened i think twice ALL DAY as apposed to twice every mag. Hope this helps also lastly I adjusted the barrel till the ejector went right in to the slot in it with out touching the sides at all

"From the deadly sword deliver me; rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful." - Psalms 144:11

"I haven't seen my morals in a LONG time! When I threw out stupid morals I felt that it allowed me to really love people and look past perceived flaws and downfalls" - FremontJames
Old 06-17-2014, 12:27 PM

I also did this But I had a hard time finding a nylon bolt to cut and use (Home depot in my area does not sell nylon bolts anymore) so what is did was use from standard fuel tubing that I use for my RC helicopters and airplanes I cut this to the same length as the steel buffer I have in my trigger group and then I inserted a small steel bolt that I also cut to fit into the fuel tubing and then put that in the trigger group OR you can do it this way.

The last thing I did was this an DIY Bolt Release you can skip to about 2:02 in the video to see what needs to be done to the release. the rest is just takedown and if you dont know how to do that maybe you should not be doing this kind of stuff BUT it is the way alot of us have learned:

"From the deadly sword deliver me; rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful." - Psalms 144:11

"I haven't seen my morals in a LONG time! When I threw out stupid morals I felt that it allowed me to really love people and look past perceived flaws and downfalls" - FremontJames
Old 06-17-2014, 1:14 PM

Default Polishing the inside of the receiver

Here is a quick video about polishing the inside of the receiver area to help the action. I have not done this YET but the wife and kids are away for the next week so I have some time to my self so instead of getting into trouble I think I am going to do the things I have been meaning to do to my guns. To get to the good actual polishing section of this video Fast forward it to 2:45

Planning on this to:

And this (skip to 3:30):

Lastly I am going to put a cleaning rod hole in the back of my receiver. I do not have a drill guide like this guy is marketing So with the barrel attached and the trigger group out of the receiver I am going to insert a cleaning rod into the barrel and mark where it hits the back of the receiver and then I am going to drill the hole:

Old 06-27-2014, 10:37 AM

very informative
Old 06-27-2014, 11:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Cleaning rod hole

Any drawback to the cleaning rod hole?

Could gasses come back to your eye?

Would making the hole larger, threading and plugging be viable or would the rod mess up the threads?

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 09-06-2014, 9:49 PM
Calguns Addict

I have a Remington 597, and a couple of weeks ago while shooting it the extractor went flying off into the desert - never to be seen again. Luckily the spring and plunger failed to achieve escape velocity, and stayed within the action.

I got a replacement extractor, but had not clue one on how to install it. Found this video, and it allowed me to get the gun back to running condition with a minimum of fuss and grief. VERY helpful:

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

Last edited by bigbossman; 09-06-2014 at 9:51 PM..
Old 10-31-2014, 6:13 AM

Default Colt Walther Umarex M4 22LR vids - disassembly, trigger job

Good videos for learning and working on the Colt Walther Umarex M4 22LR rifle.

#1 Complete, detailed assembly/reassembly. Goes much farther than Walther's manual and video.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Trigger job:

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by sly-jay; 11-13-2014 at 2:45 AM..
Old 10-31-2014, 6:53 AM
Calguns Addict

This is good stuff, thanks...
Old 11-12-2014, 10:22 PM

Great videos.... Thanks,
Old 02-07-2015, 6:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Great Video on the Mark III 22/45. You have explained it better than anyone on Youtube. It makes disassembly so much easier. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2015, 9:47 PM
Superfluous
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I just finished the Colt Walther Umarex M4 22LR trigger job.

Most of the work is intuitive. Given that. The videos really made it easier.

The difference on the trigger is very noticeable. The little Colt went from 8+ pounds to 3.8 lbs.
All the grit is gone.
If you have a Colt Umarex. You might want to try it.

-T
Old 02-21-2016, 6:33 AM

Well its me again with another video that I thought I should add to this thread. Recently I bought a GSG 922 for my 13 year old daughter and ran into problems with it jamming and feeding ammo. The GSG 922 is a compact 1911 and mine came black cerakoted. That is what turns out to be the problem with this great little 22 handgun. The over spray on the cerakote gets on the rails and causes all kind of problems with the action of the slide. After I did what this video shows I had no problems with this great little handgun EXCEPT this handgun DOES NOT like to shoot the Winchester M-22 ammo!!! It will eat anything else I have put down it BUT NOT the M-22 ammo. Its a shame cause I like the M-22 stuff and I have a butt load of this stuff in stock. Oh well back to Winchester White box ammo. Heres the video of the slide fix.

This will also work for the GSG 1911

Old 11-06-2017, 6:48 AM

What happened to all the links?
Front Sight DG
CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, CA & AZ
Yes, I'm related to Texas Jack
Old 12-21-2017, 4:25 AM
In Memoriam

Going to sound like I've lost it but I got a question about removing the bolt from an older Stevens model 34 M (22 magnum) rifle...it has a 10 round magazine....Every bolt action rifle I've ever owned or messed with is simple...clear the weapon..remove the magazine...pull the bolt back...pull the trigger and the bolt normally slides right out of the action....not so with this little creation from hell....and there are no you tubes and no written instructions I can find any where...if any one can help out an old guy that is losing it...I'd much appreciate it..thanks
opos
Old 06-11-2020, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

My 25yr old 10/22 has always had a loose mag because I never
knew how to fix it.

A simple file fixed it..
Thanks @Penneys Dad for the fix
George Patton