Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-15-2018, 7:00 PM
Veteran Member

Default LMT MWS & Noveske 18" optics choice

I'm so undecided what optics I want to run on these two rifles. I have some choices in mind but I want to see what you guys would pick. My budget for each one is $1500-2000, not including a mount.

The first rifle is a LMT MWS chambered in .308 with their 16" CL barrel, the other is an 18" Noveske with their SS barrel. They will be used for shooting steel up to 550 yards.

Old 09-15-2018, 9:04 PM

Well you have a ton good options especially in that price range but I'll just speak from my own personal experience. I'm a huge Trijicon fan because for me their glass is the clearest and brightest out of everything else I own (Vortex, Leupold, Nikon).

So on my 18" Noveske Rogue Hunter I run a Trijicon Accupower 3-9 with illuminated (battery powered) green duplex reticle. On my 16" Daniel Defense M4V7 I run a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 illuminated reticle. I would have gone with the 1-6 but it wasn't in my budget at the time. Anyway, both are excellent scopes and have served me very well. Thousands of rounds through both of them and no issues whatsoever. They are also below your budget so you'd have extra money for ammo and a very high quality mount like a Bobro. I'd also look at the Eotech Vudu 1-6 that is really hot right now.

Anyway, here are those two rigs...

Old 09-16-2018, 12:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nightforce is a good option in that price range. Their 5.5-22x56 seems about right for what your going after. Although I just put a Leupold 3-18x44 Mark 6 on a rig and am pretty impressed. It tracks really well.

Trijicons glass is awesome too. /\ /\ /\

I would go for something with at least 15x for those ranges you plan to shoot.

Last edited by Tac driver; 09-16-2018 at 12:35 AM..
Old 09-16-2018, 6:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

If you are plinking and not target shooting, I would go with a 1- scope such as the 1-6 posted above a couple of posts. The more magnification you go, the smaller the FOV. With a decent 1- scope, you can hit steel at your distance with speed and have the ability to do close up work at 1x.