Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 03-07-2021, 8:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Fallout 76 was the best (SALE) purchase I made on Steam EVER...

I'm a big fan of the Fallout series, as I started w/ the FPS, RPG, Fallout 3, then New Vegas, then Fallout 4...

I got Fallout 76 on sale for like ~$13 (like 59+ now), best game for the money ever!!!

I wasn't sure I'd like it, so I didn't post the sale here, but THAT WAS a hellofadeal.

It is CLEARLY expecting "whales", but this "homey-don't-play-that..."

In a few weeks, I already got my moneys worth+ out of it.

Still a little buggy at the worst possible time, but MOST of the "Fallout series" bugs are gone:
Only got stuck once,
Grenades are sometimes not selectable, well they are, but then they unselected, so I was stuck with no save at the "end" of a "mission/quest(?)", w/only semi-auto ammo left... at a boss-fight, and already cleared the rest of the area,
A few mouse bugs, if you walk away and screen locks, but mostly not an issue, and it recovers, but other times you are pointing at one thing, and the selection is on another... WHOOPZ-CLICKED consumables.

Last edited by the86d; 03-07-2021 at 8:30 PM..
Old 03-08-2021, 11:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I'm a big fan of the Fallout series, as I started w/ the FPS, RPG, Fallout 3, then New Vegas, then Fallout 4...

I got Fallout 76 on sale for like ~$13 (like 59+ now), best game for the money ever!!!

I wasn't sure I'd like it, so I didn't post the sale here, but THAT WAS a hellofadeal.

It is CLEARLY expecting "whales", but this "homey-don't-play-that..."

In a few weeks, I already got my moneys worth+ out of it.

Still a little buggy at the worst possible time, but MOST of the "Fallout series" bugs are gone:
Only got stuck once,
Grenades are sometimes not selectable, well they are, but then they unselected, so I was stuck with no save at the "end" of a "mission/quest(?)", w/only semi-auto ammo left... at a boss-fight, and already cleared the rest of the area,
A few mouse bugs, if you walk away and screen locks, but mostly not an issue, and it recovers, but other times you are pointing at one thing, and the selection is on another... WHOOPZ-CLICKED consumables.

I have been intrigued by the fallout series, but it seems to have been hit and miss with critics. Then again, critics do not always line up with me either.

I think I paid around $9 and got that game Empyrion Galactic Survival in 2017 and I have racked up 3500+ hours on it since.

There is something to be said about a game that will allow you to create your own personal Recognizer (yes, from Tron) then fly around blasting things with it...

I DO enjoy the open world sandbox types of games though. How is the replayability with Fallout 76? And how is the grinding?

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 03-08-2021, 12:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How does it compare to New Vegas (the BEST Fallout game) ?
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb
Old 03-08-2021, 12:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
It suck.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:35 PM
In Memoriam

FO76 was extremely buggy when it came out. Game breaking bugs.

Some of the design choices were maddening; like the home storage weight restrictions. For long time Fallout players, the need to manage what you store was/is a shock. Initially you could only have 400lbs, IIRC. Cap on max player money artificially deflated prices in player vending. I never bought anything from non-player vending machines...things cost way too much.

Initially I wished that it would have been single player only; obviously they were looking to create a multiplayer cash cow and recurring monthly revenue. The inability to communicate with other players via text on PC was a big minus. Funny thing is that while the gameworld is dog-eat-dog, most players went out of their way to help others. I used to track down new players and give them surplus weapons/supplies that I didn’t need. *Most* players...everynow and again you’d run into a player base designed to kill unsuspecting visitors. Sometime there would be a gang looking to sucker you into a fight...

That all said...

The world design is pretty great. It was fun just roaming around exploring, seeing the sights. The world is pretty big and well fleshed out.

It’s easily worth $20 to anyone that likes the Fallout series. ( It’s probably worth full price, when you figure out how much playtime you can get out of it. ) The big thing is to recalibrate your expectations and realize that it’s not any of the prior Fallout games. You have to go into it with an open mind.

— Michael
Old 03-08-2021, 4:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Didn't fallout folks make a NEW game? The Outer Worlds? Is that the same company? THAT looked interesting too.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 03-09-2021, 9:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Didn't fallout folks make a NEW game? The Outer Worlds? Is that the same company? THAT looked interesting too.
The Outer Worlds was a good game. Not like Fallout at all though. Its more of a linear FPS shooter with some open world and RPG elements. Some of the same Fallout humor. I enjoyed it.
Old 03-10-2021, 4:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Lovely...
"Microsoft completes acquisition of Bethesda, some games will be exclusive"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ve/6924072002/
Old 03-10-2021, 12:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Lovely...
"Microsoft completes acquisition of Bethesda, some games will be exclusive"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ve/6924072002/
Aaaaaaand theres the flush. What once was good will now spiral down the shtter hole. Oh well.
Old 03-10-2021, 2:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
NOT horrible, like everything else where you fall through the floor running through a narrow tunnel, over and over... until the 360 glitches out... and can't process anymore.

Nicer controls, more seamless.

I understood the bare minimum was WAY higher than my video card (NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent), but seems to run fine (on my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series with medium graphics w/2GB VRAM I got free from my son..).
Old 05-30-2021, 12:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
NOT horrible, like everything else where you fall through the floor running through a narrow tunnel, over and over... until the 360 glitches out... and can't process anymore.

Nicer controls, more seamless.

I understood the bare minimum was WAY higher than my video card (NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent), but seems to run fine (on my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series with medium graphics w/2GB VRAM I got free from my son..).
CORRECTION... It's getting WORSE, NOT better...

Have to kill this robot to get into this room...
but can't get into this room, and can't shoot through the window...

The worst part about this game is that you only have so many TOTAL SPECIAL Points, and 15 is the max on any Special atty... Leveling up simply does nothing now, just gives you cards you can move around, but you have a bunch of cards you can never use together, as all special points are maxed at a WAY low amount as you are capped at like Level 45-55 (don't remember when I hit max) with attributes.
There is absolutely zero reason to want to play more and level up, as once you hit that lvl 45-55, you can't increase any special attributes any longer.

The second worst part is that you will whittle away at badasses, and even though they are not legendary (Legendary enemies will mutate and get stronger) damage you inflicted just goes away and they are at full health all the time this happens. Snipe headshots, run out of ammo on a now weakened enemy, so you go in for a knifing, and while they are less than 5%-10% HP, they glitch out, and go full health again, and you spent a bunch of time for nothing.

I am going to stop playing, and I wasn't playing all the time anyways.

It was worth the ~$13, on-sale, but the thrill is now dead in the water...

Last edited by the86d; 05-30-2021 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-31-2021, 2:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Most disappointing fallout game since fallout 4.
I DEMAND fallout new vegas 2!
Old 05-31-2021, 2:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Most disappointing fallout game since fallout 4.
I DEMAND fallout new vegas 2!
Old 05-31-2021, 4:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

You better off playing FNV and FO4 mods from Nexus then wasting time on 76. Some of them are size of DLC and as good as anything Bethesda made.
Old 05-31-2021, 9:13 PM
Calguns Addict

This is pretty funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCuMvYVXptM
Minutemen...