Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 04-05-2021, 1:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Glad you figured out your 3913, I really like my 908. You'll find it very easy to carry. And, speaking of carrying. Sorry to hear that you will have till October. With wait times like that you'd think that you'd be in CA.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
The system is overwhelmed with CC license applicants. The guy who did my class is a county deputy and he said manpower issues are what is slowing things way down. 2/3 of the attendees in my class had never fired any kind of firearm previously, many were females.

"Everybody dies.. the thing is, to die well' Jack Harper
Old 04-05-2021, 2:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Iím loving the fact youíre going to carry your HsC. What a great little .380.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2021, 2:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
I had a 4013 "Tactical" without the glued on rail that I bought new for a long time until I sold it. Nicely made pistol but pretty snappy with the .40 S&W. Would have been kinda fat to carry if that sort of thing was allowed to use surfs around here. Always got lots of comments at the range whenever I brought it out- more so than any other gun I own.
I'm always on the lookout for a really nice 4006 but have not come across one yet.
Good luck with your new 3rd Gen S&W.
I have the all steel version of the 4013 - a 4056. No rail, no decockers and with a short DA only trigger pull. Odd shaped hammer spur. Bought the thing having no idea what it was, so to speak. And really haven't seen very much about it on line, YouTube, etc. Uses the same magazines as the "Shorty 40" and 11 rounders from a 4006.

Much easier to shoot than the Shorty 40, too heavy to carry all day though.
Old 04-05-2021, 3:23 PM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283į N, 118.5358į W), (33.6700į N, 117.7800į W)

Big fan of 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Generation S&Ws

20210405_160906.jpg

20210405_160848.jpg

20210405_160838.jpg

20210405_160829.jpg
Quote:
Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
-Milton Friedman

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic164573_1.gif
Old 04-05-2021, 9:21 PM
Calguns Addict

HSc 380 is a bit overpowered for the platform the 32 seems better but I've never had luck with them especially in 380. The double stack 380 HsC I hear is even worse.

I do like the way they look though.
Old 04-06-2021, 4:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
HSc 380 is a bit overpowered for the platform the 32 seems better but I've never had luck with them especially in 380. The double stack 380 HsC I hear is even worse.

I do like the way they look though.
Mine is the 70s production and has always worked just fine and is pretty accurate for a pocket gat. The recoil is awfully snappy though.

Old 04-07-2021, 8:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post
Mine is the 70s production and has always worked just fine and is pretty accurate for a pocket gat. The recoil is awfully snappy though.

My HsC shoots and functions perfectly as well. I have a 1971 HK4 .380 though thatís never been shot, and likely never will be. Alloy frame and a polymer buffer system that is under built for the .380 cartridge imo. If i can find a .32 or .22 kit for it reasonably then I will shoot it. For now itís just a place holder in the reference collection. The Mauser gets shot occasionally. Not my carry gun and never would be, but itís a cool handgun to own. I really dig the fact you are going to carry it. Manual of arms is a bit wonky on the HsC and the hk4, but i like wonky. Sorry to get OT, but if you start talking cool older guns iím gonna jump in with both feet.

Old 04-08-2021, 5:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
My HsC shoots and functions perfectly as well. I have a 1971 HK4 .380 though thatís never been shot, and likely never will be. Alloy frame and a polymer buffer system that is under built for the .380 cartridge imo. If i can find a .32 or .22 kit for it reasonably then I will shoot it. For now itís just a place holder in the reference collection. The Mauser gets shot occasionally. Not my carry gun and never would be, but itís a cool handgun to own. I really dig the fact you are going to carry it. Manual of arms is a bit wonky on the HsC and the hk4, but i like wonky. Sorry to get OT, but if you start talking cool older guns iím gonna jump in with both feet.

I plan to carry it in a pocket holster generally. It is a very well designed pocket piece and a natural for that kind of carry. I pray I never have to use it.