Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 12-09-2020, 2:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Zircon John; in the future $11 dollars more worth the hassle when you learn guy has a gun maybe and is crazy

Also there are things we do that we do and look back later and say I didn’t do the smartest thing in the world. I have done a lot of things that I shouldn’t have done.

I think I would delete this tread so if you have to use your gun go’s forbid a attorney doesn’t see it and use it to try and get money.

I maybe was very hasty and stuff with my answer or reply. I could been more understanding.

Just stay safe you have a thankless hard job driving a taxi and if you run j to a situation where you need use your weapon just be sure your good with it as your the one that has deal with consequences
Old 12-09-2020, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin101677 View Post
Zircon John; in the future $11 dollars more worth the hassle when you learn guy has a gun maybe and is crazy
I'm going to ignore the CA legal part here and focus on the situation. I think you're reading the situation a little different from me (and seemly some others), though neither of us were there and only ZJ knows how things went down. To me, the Bad Guy seems sketchy and what the other bystanders did concerning but it's still all hearsay. ZJ didn't see him with a gun, and the BG didn't seem obviously mentally disturbed. My uneducated guess: the BG may have been a little off (or not), he didn't want to pay, and wanted to play a game with ZJ to see if he'd flinch.

ZJ positioning the firearm, still concealed, isn't premeditation for violence. From what you've written, we may disagree on that point. If BG rapidly pulled a phone from his pocket and ZJ put two in his chest, ZJ is completely in the wrong and would be in a world of legal hurt. But that didn't happen. We don't know what would have happened if things went different. All we know is what did happen. ZJ waited for payment, and the BG paid.

Trust me I get it - some things aren't worth the risk. Some things are. Only ZJ knows how sketchy the situation was, but we do know BG is wrong to play games. What things we think are worth what level of risk, what we think is "right", and how we react is a personal decision. I wouldn't judge ZJ any different if he did just drive away.
Old 12-09-2020, 3:07 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thank you ben...

I was telling a story ... I said things

I said "flinch" okay ... maybe I could've said "jump" or "move" or "whoop-tee-doo" --- I also said "pull-point & fire" but you didn't cap on that

My wife reads between the lines whenever I say something ... I'm certain a lot of guys here understand that ... I say something and she turns it into her own interpretation.

This is a story of what happened - some words were used and maybe shouldn't been used ... but we just talking here, just t-a-l-k-i-n-g ... a thing that happened - a guy telling a story of what happened in his own words. Lets see if we can learn from it.

I am very-very glad the guy didn't produce, what his friends said he had a gun ... I don't know if it was true, or not. I didn't see a gun. Neither did he see my personal protection. I am the ONLY one there who knew I had PPCCW and was on the ready. I was a sitting duck on the surface ... but under water I was peddling ... and yet there were no ripples in the water. Do you understand that without reading between the lines and self interpretation?

I'm not Law Enforcement ... as I said, I'm just a regular joe. I go to work on time every day, I pay my bills and taxes ... and I believe in family. I also believe a man has right to self defense. And that's all this was ... NOT 11 dollars which I could pay out of my pocket a hundred times and NOT feel it in my bank account. I'm not a wealthy man, but I am secure.

Thank you for your input - really great content. I will read again and learn - for better to prepare myself in case I come close to situation again (hope not) in the next 20 years of PP CCW.

Thank you / jd
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 12-09-2020, 7:31 PM
Mustache Wax Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZirconJohn View Post
I’m driving taxi part time and the following happened tonight -

I pick this guy up and he tells me address to take him

We get there and the fare is 11$ - I tell him 11$

He gets out of the car and comes to the driver window - I say again 11 bucks

He says it’s on credit - I say what credit it’s cash or credit card - no credit

He says okay man and he reaches his hand out - but I say “no hand shake it’s COVID man you know that” - so he wants to fist bump and okayyy we fist bump and I say third time 11 bucks

He turns and leaves. People in front of the apartment move out of his way and stare at him like they’re scared of him - they feeeze!

Then as the dude walks in the house - people out front say let’s go NOW! And as the group of about 5 people scurry past me one of ‘em says to me “that dude is Effie crazy and he has a gun!” I say “well he owes me 11 bucks and if he don’t pay I gotta call the Sheriff Dept.” - the guy says again “okay - I’m just letting you know he’s nuts and he carries a gun!”

I pull my SW340 PD from my ankle and tuck it under my left thigh -

Okay - so here comes the crazy dude to my car and he says not going to give me credit - my hand on my gun (it’s concealed) under my thigh and I’m gripping - finger in safe position. I say 11 bucks

I’m thinking and sweating now and if he flinches I pull point and fire all in 1 motion!

He hands me a 20 and I make change - he fist bumps me and off I go

Holy sheet - I know it’s a cool starry bra but ... I haven’t had to pull my CCW IN 17 years!

NOTE: My gun was never in view - was concealed all the time so this not a reportable situation ... but ah man ... sheesh ...! Knowhatimean!
North Orchard?
Stay safe John!

When the going gets weird, the WEIRD, turn pro.
Old 12-21-2020, 8:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
- You stood your ground and waited to be paid
- You were prepared just in case the situation escalated
- you never showed your weapon

Good job OP !
As it should be. ^^

OP, if you were not carrying would you have handled the situation differently? For instructional purposes only, of course.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:22 AM

What is wrong with expecting to be paid for a service already rendered? I don’t get it ....
Old 12-21-2020, 10:24 AM

I used to deliver stuff and expect to get paid ....and if I don’t I would call the police ....
Old 12-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

There is nothing wrong with expecting to be paid obviously.

I would be telling any student who related this story to me based only on what was offered by the OP to just leave.
I also would have been asking multiple questions of the story teller/client to establish his state of mind at the time of this event.

I absolutely agree you never want to be in a vehicle parked while engaging in a gun fight.
If you need greater evidence of this go sit in one and pretend drawing and trying to engage someone.
It would have been safer for him to exit his vehicle with the hazards flashing and possibly standing somewhere he could observe the behavior of the subject as he came back outside. At that point make a decision to contact him. At least you are in more control and setting the stage versus him.
I typically ALWAYS remove my seat belt if I am in a parked car and waiting. You are extremely vulnerable sitting there.

I believe at times a sense of self righteous can take some limited control. Allowing us to make choices we would not normally. Having a ccw certainly can embolden this sense.
Is $11.00 really worth having to defend yourself with a firearm.

Most would say no way.

By no means I am suggesting this may not stand up as a legitimate use of lethal force to defend oneself.

But based only on the OPs words of the event it was reckless and silly to stay there as he did.

He may be more accustomed to situations where there could be greater fear in others. But is that comfort level beneficial in this type of scenario as presented by him?

Hopefully those of you who do carry responsibly have created your own line in the sand.

Just my opinion above.

Last edited by Matt P; 12-26-2020 at 10:07 PM..
Old 12-26-2020, 4:43 PM

Please don’t carry anymore..... you are going to ruin it for everyone.....thanks... make carry pepper spray or a tigerlady if those are legal here.....Be safe
Old 12-26-2020, 7:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwnewbie View Post
Please don’t carry anymore..... you are going to ruin it for everyone.....thanks... make carry pepper spray or a tigerlady if those are legal here.....Be safe
Upon what do you base this guidance? The OP violated no law. He didn’t draw his weapon; he didn’t “brandish” his weapon. What specifically is your concern, here? What would you have done? (And why are you recommending alternative protection measures which you don’t know are legal?)
Old 12-26-2020, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Ya - I hear ya ... it’s not the money. I could pay the 11 bucks outta my pocket and never even know about it.

I’m going to be intimidated by some jack hole and run off like a hysterical beatch-

Maybe flinch is wrong word - because he coulda slowly put a gun to my head - at which time idda dropped him like a bag of sand!

Exactly the wrong response & reasoning for concealed carry. If you’d brandished or worse yet used your weapon you’d have been in a world of hurt over pride & $11

Stupid. Sorry if you don’t like hearing it, nothing personal & no animosity just the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-27-2020, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Upon what do you base this guidance? The OP violated no law. He didn’t draw his weapon; he didn’t “brandish” his weapon. What specifically is your concern, here? What would you have done? (And why are you recommending alternative protection measures which you don’t know are legal?)
You really wants a news headline reading “Man shot over 11 dollars”....we know the true story as the OP has stated but the media would spin it so bad....what happened to common sense??
Old 12-27-2020, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Ya ... nah ... it's a very safe part time gig - it's a GREAT little gig and I love it. However, you do know that any job anywhere, basic life in general is dangerous - we don't know what's around the corner and that is why we CCW ... well those of us that are qualified to carry, are you qualified? I don't know ... that's on you man. YOU have to do that, I am not involved in what or how you do CCW. My CCW is my CCW and yours is yours. So ... go do your thing.

It was not, is not and never will be the 11$ ... or it could be 11-hundred dollars ... it's absolutely nothing to do with the money.

It's about what was happening at that moment - reality is this; IF the guy produced the gun that his friends said he carried, IF he had shown it and used it as intimidation and threatened my life with said gun then ... use of lethal force for personal protection is authorized.

That's all it is is, simple and basic personal protection ... and you fella's are acting like old ladies at a sewing party - not a one of you have a clue as to what this thread is all about.

In fact I'll bet a bag of donuts to 11 dollars that none y'all even have a CCW let alone know what to do with one if/when the threat on personal life is imminent.

Okay ... so ... get back to y'all sewing party and kibitz to all your little hearts desires ladies ... I am thoroughly entertained by you.
So, you are looking for an excuse to protect your person? Hot head much?

How did this go down in your mind? Guy was going to point a gun at you for $11 and, instead of saying FU as you drive away, you were going to get on the trigger faster than him, kill him instantly with perfect shot placement and immediately eliminating the threat? I’m surprised you didn’t put on your ear pro in preparation.

If you think the fight is always going to go your way then my guess is you haven’t been in many fights.
Old 12-27-2020, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupulepeter View Post
So, you are looking for an excuse to protect your person? Hot head much?

How did this go down in your mind? Guy was going to point a gun at you for $11 and, instead of saying FU as you drive away, you were going to get on the trigger faster than him, kill him instantly with perfect shot placement and immediately eliminating the threat? I’m surprised you didn’t put on your ear pro in preparation.

If you think the fight is always going to go your way then my guess is you haven’t been in many fights.
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"
Old 12-27-2020, 7:20 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
Some of you say why bother over $11...

That kind of mentality is how it turns into $1M... FFS, sometime you do what's right because you know it's right. Was what ZJ did "right" or "smart"? If you don't think so, so be it, but chastising the man for actually doing what he thinks is right is... you chose the word.
If you google the abbreviation “FFS” you’ll find that your post takes on a whole new meaning....or perhaps it doesn’t.

While you’re at it, google “Tree-Fiddy”

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 12-28-2020, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwnewbie View Post
You really wants a news headline reading “Man shot over 11 dollars”....we know the true story as the OP has stated but the media would spin it so bad....what happened to common sense??
Thanks for worrying about what I want. But that doesn’t answer the questions put to you, unless you’re more worried about “optics” than self-defense.
Old 12-28-2020, 7:54 AM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

IMO, the only thing ZJ did wrong is he wears his EDC in a manner in which it needs to be adjusted in order to present quickly.

You need to fix that, different holster different gun differ at carry position but you need to find something that works for you. Some day you may not have a bunch of Karens warning you that guy’s crazy with a gun 2 minutes before.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 12-28-2020, 8:24 AM

Loss of $11 seems paltry and nothing about which to worry.

However, if the cab driver had been the potential victim of a really serious crime with perhaps a multi-year prison term, would his defensive preparations seemed more reasonable?
Old 01-08-2021, 4:24 PM
Calguns Addict

"Everything you say can be used against you in a Court of Law."
Old 02-02-2021, 7:40 AM

This is why people can’t get a ccw. You should be one of them. There was no reason to have a weapon on call for an 11$ cab ride. You put yourself at risk and shouldn’t have. You chose to engage and not leave. This is the exact reason why we have a difficult time getting a ccw. If you shot that guy do you for a second think a judge would have agreed with you? If you heard he had a gun and you didn’t split it’s on you...waiting for him to pull one is a different scenario than ah **** he’s got a gun.
Old 02-02-2021, 7:54 AM
Rattlesnake Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loanguy View Post
This is why people can’t get a ccw. You should be one of them. There was no reason to have a weapon on call for an 11$ cab ride. You put yourself at risk and shouldn’t have. You chose to engage and not leave. This is the exact reason why we have a difficult time getting a ccw. If you shot that guy do you for a second think a judge would have agreed with you? If you heard he had a gun and you didn’t split it’s on you...waiting for him to pull one is a different scenario than ah **** he’s got a gun.
Ya... uhmmm ... no and you are wrong, you haven't a clue ... I did the right thing and additionally ... YOU were not there! - I was there.

You can cry and complain all you want about why YOU cannot get a CCW, NOT gonna do you any good. You don't have a CCW and so therefore you shouldn't be talking. You should be reading and not commenting on something you have NO experience.

Okay ??? ... okay. Now go polish your can of pepper spray and clean your panic whistle in case you encounter a dark street freak out!

Next ........
Old 02-02-2021, 8:01 AM
Rattlesnake Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
IMO, the only thing ZJ did wrong is he wears his EDC in a manner in which it needs to be adjusted in order to present quickly.

You need to fix that, different holster different gun differ at carry position but you need to find something that works for you. Some day you may not have a bunch of Karens warning you that guy’s crazy with a gun 2 minutes before.
This ^^^ is good advise ... thank you FFS.

Look ... all you keyboard commando's with NO CCW - You have all the answers. You don't ... okay!

Mannnnn ... CalGuns got all wussy in the last 5 years. You guys need to consider before posting, ask yourself "am I being a wussy for posting this?" Then ... I'll answer for you ... YES ... you are being wussy.

or ... post away and I am entertained by your wussyness.
Old 02-02-2021, 9:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

For people still commenting on this I have had some private messages with the author he is a normal guy.

I am sure that he is perfectly fine carrying a ccw. I ran the author down until I put myself in his shoes and talked directly with him. He will be just fine in the future with his ccw
Old 02-02-2021, 9:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This ^^^ is good advise ... thank you FFS.

Look ... all you keyboard commando's with NO CCW - You have all the answers. You don't ... okay!

Mannnnn ... CalGuns got all wussy in the last 5 years. You guys need to consider before posting, ask yourself "am I being a wussy for posting this?" Then ... I'll answer for you ... YES ... you are being wussy.

or ... post away and I am entertained by your wussyness.
I mentioned the carry position in post 27.

BTW we are all wimps in one way or another...
Old 03-06-2021, 7:23 AM

How to turn $11 into $11,000.
Old 03-09-2021, 5:41 PM

Uber drivers are not playing around anymoreee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2021, 2:19 AM

Interesting!

I’m a new CA CCW holder but I have carried in Nevada because I got my AZ permit long before I got my CA.

Anyhow, it’s great to read OP’s story and read others in response. It does help with setting the mindset. Like they say, “with great power, comes great responsibility.” Carrying a gun around is a very power thing. It can save, and at the same time, take a life. And quite frankly, most of us don’t have the experience to speak about ever having to draw our CCW. So, preparing our skill set along with our mindset is crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2021, 2:10 PM

For me the $11 is irrelevant. What I see here is the OP obviously knowing ahead of time that there might be a threat to his life (based on his actions). He had every opportunity to leave and call the police and let them handle it. It appears that the OP doesn't want to hear anything other than "right on, man"

So, I'll say it. "right on, man"
Old 05-10-2021, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakingwetodded View Post
For me the $11 is irrelevant. What I see here is the OP obviously knowing ahead of time that there might be a threat to his life (based on his actions). He had every opportunity to leave and call the police and let them handle it. It appears that the OP doesn't want to hear anything other than "right on, man"

So, I'll say it. "right on, man"
Seriously. Your first post?

"Right on, man."

Welcome to Calguns.
Old 05-10-2021, 3:51 PM

This has to be a troll. Only a moron would potentially have to shoot someone to collect an $11 fare. I call BS
Old 05-13-2021, 9:16 AM

Quote:
snipped

I think I would delete this tread so if you have to use your gun go’s forbid a attorney doesn’t see it and use it to try and get money.
I guess no one reads the stickies anymore:

" You DO realize everything you post here is permanent and public, right?"
Posted by Librarian.

On topic, if you are willing to remain in a situation with the knowledge that someone might have a gun and the motivation for remaining in a situation that you are obviously preparing for (drawing your gun even if to move it for faster and easier access) you really need to re-evaluate what you are doing and why.

How many times do we hear and even espouse ourselves that when pulled over, simply follow instructions and if you disagree - go to court. Then on the opposite side we say that because someone expects to be paid for services or a delivery that its okay to sit there after other people who might not know anything but regardless, caution you they think or know the other party has a gun? Does that any sense to anyone?

When the guy walked away after not paying that was it, a crime was committed and it becomes a matter for law enforcement and the courts even if they do nothing, its not up to you because you sit there with a gun available to you to wait to see what happens.

This all turned out to be more or less a nothing burger, by chance only.

The idea that there is no premeditation stopped working when OP put their hand on the gun and drew it, the premeditation has taken place because there is anticipation. Being pro-active would have been leaving. There was no immediate threat that could not have been eliminated by leaving the area. This went from someone leaving without paying for services or goods to sitting there waiting for an outcome that had it turned bad could have been prevented 100%.

Had the outcome been bad, someone's life is worth the $11? Since when? The other guy didn't take the money, they refused to pay and while it's still considered theft, that is why in this country we have laws against that and courts to decide it. It isn't because you have a CCW that you get to allow a situation to potentially escalate knowing that potential exists and evidenced by the fact you removed your gun from the holster and put it somewhere you could get to it faster. If that isn't forethought and preparation nothing is. There was no threat to the OP or anyone else since the other guy had not yet returned.

The OP wasn't in his house he was sitting in a car on a public street and initially got stiffed. AND? One of their first responsibilities is not to push a bad situation where the probability of escalation is increasing. You aren't the police and you have no special anything, you are joe blow citizen and you have both the means and opportunity to de-escalate and actually in this case prevent any possible violence. Doing anything else is wrong unless the situation has already presented itself and there is no other way out other than self defense.

There was no self defense situation here, there was waiting for something to go bad and then hope that self defense would be a defense.

This wasn't a stand your ground situation, it was waiting to see what happens knowing that at the moment the guy walked away without paying that a crime has been committed. There was a remedy that insured 100% avoidance of violence. Not 50% or 75% but 100% just by leaving and calling the police.

The OP is lucky to be here because had that other guy actually done what the OP was warned might happen, he was a sitting duck and it doesn't matter how fast you think you are, how much training you've paid somebody for tacti-johnny drills, you aren't getting out of that one.

Another note: Anyone running a Taxi, an UBER or other similar service that doesn't have a camera running is about as negligent to their personal safety and business security as it comes. You carry a gun but don't have a camera recording external and internal video? Where is that thought process? There would have been video of the guy not paying and walking away.
Old 05-25-2021, 1:02 PM

I would just leave, not worth it
Old 05-31-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I’m driving taxi part time and the following happened tonight -

I pick this guy up and he tells me address to take him

We get there and the fare is 11$ - I tell him 11$

He gets out of the car and comes to the driver window - I say again 11 bucks

He says it’s on credit - I say what credit it’s cash or credit card - no credit

He says okay man and he reaches his hand out - but I say “no hand shake it’s COVID man you know that” - so he wants to fist bump and okayyy we fist bump and I say third time 11 bucks

He turns and leaves. People in front of the apartment move out of his way and stare at him like they’re scared of him - they feeeze!

Then as the dude walks in the house - people out front say let’s go NOW! And as the group of about 5 people scurry past me one of ‘em says to me “that dude is Effie crazy and he has a gun!” I say “well he owes me 11 bucks and if he don’t pay I gotta call the Sheriff Dept.” - the guy says again “okay - I’m just letting you know he’s nuts and he carries a gun!”

I pull my SW340 PD from my ankle and tuck it under my left thigh -

Okay - so here comes the crazy dude to my car and he says not going to give me credit - my hand on my gun (it’s concealed) under my thigh and I’m gripping - finger in safe position. I say 11 bucks

I’m thinking and sweating now and if he flinches I pull point and fire all in 1 motion!

He hands me a 20 and I make change - he fist bumps me and off I go

Holy sheet - I know it’s a cool starry bra but ... I haven’t had to pull my CCW IN 17 years!

NOTE: My gun was never in view - was concealed all the time so this not a reportable situation ... but ah man ... sheesh ...! Knowhatimean!
Glad you made it out safely. What a jackass to say "credit" as if that was acceptable.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:39 PM

For 11bucks is not worth it. if sht happened maybe you can get out jail. But it’s not going to be cheap for lawyer fees.
Old 07-01-2021, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faris1984 View Post
if I was you , I would delete this thread
Yeah.
Old 07-02-2021, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith(CA) View Post
Yep, delete this. Let's say you have a genuine self-defense incident tomorrow and shots are fired. When they investigate you, they're gonna find this thread and the jury is gonna hear in your own words how you pulled your gun in a non-self-defense situation over $11. If I'm on the jury, it probably won't go well for you...now imagine 12 less understanding people.
You guys watch too many movies. I've been to court over an altercation and no one found my thousands of politically incorrect comments that I've posted and continue to post all over the internet. And believe me they would have been awesome to use against me in the context of why I was in court. Nonetheless real life is not some episode of CSI.
Old 07-02-2021, 7:09 PM

Quote:

Also there are things we do that we do and look back later and say I didn’t do the smartest thing in the world. I have done a lot of things that I shouldn’t have done.

I maybe was very hasty and stuff with my answer or reply. I could been more understanding.

Just stay safe you have a thankless hard job driving a taxi and if you run j to a situation where you need use your weapon just be sure your good with it as your the one that has deal with consequences
Nah, I'm glad he had the balls to stand up for himself. It's not the $11, it's the principle. Carrying a gun doesn't automatically mean you have to live your life like a scared "small cat". Some guy tries to steal from me and I will confront him. You don't let the world use you as a doormat because you have a gun, seems to me many ball less men are hiding their inability to confront someone over "I can't bro, I have my CCW bro".
Old 07-02-2021, 7:18 PM
Whatever
CGN Contributor

I really thought this would be about ZJ having to shoot a snek.
Old 07-02-2021, 9:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wait wtf?

I thought ZJ carried a rattlesnake in a burlap sack as his ccw….
Old 07-03-2021, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikaner View Post
Nah, I'm glad he had the balls to stand up for himself. It's not the $11, it's the principle. Carrying a gun doesn't automatically mean you have to live your life like a scared "small cat". Some guy tries to steal from me and I will confront him. You don't let the world use you as a doormat because you have a gun, seems to me many ball less men are hiding their inability to confront someone over "I can't bro, I have my CCW bro".
Guns like drugs and alcohol can sometimes make up for the lack of balls but never can they make up for the lack of brains.

Confrontations have to be backed up. You gonna get into a fight with someone over property and then end up fighting over your gun or are you just going to start shooting? That's where the brains come in.

You see it's not acting like a scared cat because you carry a gun, its discretion because if the other guy doesn't have anything but his fists you will end up fighting for your gun and then what, you gonna shoot him because he fights better than you and is kicking your ***?