Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:34 AM

Default Gauging interest in an FSC Instructor Class

Before I announce, I am gauging interest to see if there is a need in the San Jose area. I need this training and cannot find a class closer than Bakersfield.

Must have a valid COE to attend and I need three others before the training facility will engage. Please, serious responses only. Also, if I am missing an already scheduled FSC Instructor Class in the Northern California area, please link it or PM me.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 07-28-2020, 7:27 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Tom who is requiring a COE before receiving FSC instruction?
You certainly need to maintain one as an instructor but as a requirement in order to receive training is news to me.
This could just be that organizations requirement but certainly not a requirement prior to receiving FSC instruction.

What is the cost up that way to attend this instruction?

Heck I would consider traveling to certify interested clients as long there was enough.
Old 07-30-2020, 7:42 PM

I do not recall the name of the outfit, however, it is moot. There isnt enough interest to hold a class in the area. I just signed up for the class offered in Bakersfield next month....road trip!

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
Hey Tom who is requiring a COE before receiving FSC instruction?
You certainly need to maintain one as an instructor but as a requirement in order to receive training is news to me.
This could just be that organizations requirement but certainly not a requirement prior to receiving FSC instruction.

What is the cost up that way to attend this instruction?

Heck I would consider traveling to certify interested clients as long there was enough.
Old 07-31-2020, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for your response Tom.
Old 08-01-2020, 6:15 AM

If memory serves, with NRA instructor rating, DOJ FSC instructor rating was just an online form
Old 08-05-2020, 7:46 AM

im interested. im in san jose
Old 08-07-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomike View Post
im interested. im in san jose
I ended up taking the class this last Tuesday in Bakersfield at Powers Firearms Training. Craig, the instructor, is a really cool guy. He brought 25+ different types of firearms spanning the century for safety demonstrations. Was a lot of driving but it really seemed to go quickly. Would do it again for other types of training; they offer a wide range of courses.

Tom
Old 08-17-2020, 9:23 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Any NRA Instructor Course should satisfy the FSC Instructor Requirement for CADOJ. I used my NRA Pistol Instructor Certification.