Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:22 PM

Default LdF (Pala) Steel Match 05/30/20

Linea de Fuego will he holding its quarterly Steel match on Saturday May 30th. There will be 7 stages. Start time is 8:30am.
Shooters meeting is at 8:00am for new shooters. You do not have to be a member to shoot. This match has a new multi-gun division referred to as "Free-style".

Social Distancing Rules will be in place. You must wear a mask or face covering. Squads are limited to 10 people and there is a morning and afternoon schedule to shoot.

The match will be open for registration on line here: http://www.lineadefuego.net/register
You will still need to check in and pay on Saturday morning.
LdF is located at 38000 Henderson Road in Pala, CA

Stage 1
Video: https://youtu.be/JMoV9poIadk
]

Stage 2
Video: https://youtu.be/6RSzBl9sRSM

Stage 3
Video: https://youtu.be/8eQq487smHc

Stage 4
Video: https://youtu.be/0rXGgLehIk4

Stage 5
Video: https://youtu.be/Lurbt-JOg_4

Stage 6
Video: https://youtu.be/wgARqZAP3KE

Stage 7
Video: https://youtu.be/sUQwzTy9A3g
Old 05-27-2020, 12:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but match is already full on practiscore...
Old 07-11-2020, 8:44 PM
Calguns Addict

What’s up with Pala? is it going to be open soon? Are you guys going to start it up matches again anytime soon?
Old 07-12-2020, 7:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

There were some issues with wearing masks and the matches are currently postponed.

The club is organizing and running matches at Prado at this time. It's the same MD and personnel that was doing Pala matches.
Old 07-15-2020, 9:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
There were some issues with wearing masks and the matches are currently postponed.

The club is organizing and running matches at Prado at this time. It's the same MD and personnel that was doing Pala matches.
Any links? Are they on practice score?
Old 07-16-2020, 11:26 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saym14 View Post
Any links? Are they on practice score?
Here is the link.... It goes under the name of "PRG" (Prado Running Gun).
Old 07-27-2020, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Here is the link.... It goes under the name of "PRG" (Prado Running Gun).
thos Prado matches are so disorganized. its a free for all, 12 squads and 6 bays, always sitting there waiting for a bay to open up, no fun
Old 07-27-2020, 3:18 PM

Are there any IDPA matches in San Diego currently?
Old 07-27-2020, 4:00 PM

Quote:
thos Prado matches are so disorganized. its a free for all, 12 squads and 6 bays, always sitting there waiting for a bay to open up, no fun
the match format for Prado changed many months ago. Now, there is a 1:1 correspondence of squads to stages. Squad 1 starts on stage 1 and moves to 2,3,4... No more open squadding.
Old 07-27-2020, 5:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

oh so the new group that took over the prado matches also run the Pala matches?

guess that is why prado is running a bit more efficient vs the free for all like before.

i only wish there wasn't a match price increase with the change in management....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 07-28-2020, 8:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemantra View Post
Are there any IDPA matches in San Diego currently?
Not currently.
Old 07-28-2020, 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
oh so the new group that took over the prado matches also run the Pala matches?

guess that is why prado is running a bit more efficient vs the free for all like before.

i only wish there wasn't a match price increase with the change in management....
Just to help keep things straight:
Prado: The Range
The 3 separate groups/clubs are:
NRG: Norco Running Gun
PRG: Prado Running Gun
LdF: Linea de Fuego (Pala)

PRG has been running a monthly (1st Sunday) match at Prado for many years. In fact, last December was the (actual) 10 year anniversary. NRG moved to Prado after the incident at Raahagues and assumed running matches every Saturday except on the 3rd weekend where they moved to Sunday. At the start of the year, NRG moved to all Saturdays and PRG was given first and third Sundays. Somewhere in there, PRG went to the fixed squadding concept while NRG stayed open squadding as they have for many years.

At the start of this wonderful year, NRG moved to their private range where they are now. Prado asked PRG if they could do the Saturdays also. The MD and some of the team from LdF stepped up to help run some of the additional days. A third team was also stood up help run the additional days so there would only be 2 matches per team per month.

Then COVID happened. Along with that chaos, the third team was dropped and it was planned to have the 1st & 3rd Saturday and Sunday matches run by the team from LdF. The core PRG team runs the second and fourth Saturday matches. LdF previously had Pala matches on the second and fourth Saturdays but due to some COVID issues, they have been on hold so you will be seeing many of those folks at every match, sometimes working and sometimes shooting!

So, there is a great collection of people running the matches at Prado under the umbrella organization PRG. The year started out kind of weird since more notice was expected for the NRG move than was received. Things were getting underway when COVID happened and stirred the pot again. Things are starting to settle down and when the LdF situation is resolved, we should be able to get things really smoothed out.

Thanks!
Chuck
Old 07-28-2020, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks View Post

PRG has been running a monthly (1st Sunday) match at Prado for many years. In fact, last December was the (actual) 10 year anniversary. NRG moved to Prado after the incident at Raahagues and assumed running matches every Saturday except on the 3rd weekend where they moved to Sunday. At the start of the year, NRG moved to all Saturdays and PRG was given first and third Sundays. Somewhere in there, PRG went to the fixed squadding concept while NRG stayed open squadding as they have for many years.

At the start of this wonderful year, NRG moved to their private range where they are now. Prado asked PRG if they could do the Saturdays also. The MD and some of the team from LdF stepped up to help run some of the additional days. A third team was also stood up help run the additional days so there would only be 2 matches per team per month.

Then COVID happened. Along with that chaos, the third team was dropped and it was planned to have the 1st & 3rd Saturday and Sunday matches run by the team from LdF. The core PRG team runs the second and fourth Saturday matches. LdF previously had Pala matches on the second and fourth Saturdays but due to some COVID issues, they have been on hold so you will be seeing many of those folks at every match, sometimes working and sometimes shooting!

So, there is a great collection of people running the matches at Prado under the umbrella organization PRG. The year started out kind of weird since more notice was expected for the NRG move than was received. Things were getting underway when COVID happened and stirred the pot again. Things are starting to settle down and when the LdF situation is resolved, we should be able to get things really smoothed out.

Thanks!
Chuck
Blah, blah, blah, but you forget Wednesday Night Steel
Old 07-29-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:

--- snip ---

Chuck
Just after I typed all that stuff an email was sent out that indicated the LdF crew will be running all the matches for Aug (at least) since there has been no movement on opening the practical pistol bays at Pala. Look forward to some quality matches!
Old 07-31-2020, 7:10 AM

I don't think Pala is closed because of Covid, I think TJ (the guy who took over for Harold) thinks he can make more money with the rifle range being open on the weekends.

Between LdF and SDTS, every 2nd Saturday brought in 200 shooters. I've never seen that many people on the rifle range on a weekend. EVER...
Old 07-31-2020, 7:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas View Post
I don't think Pala is closed because of Covid, I think TJ (the guy who took over for Harold) thinks he can make more money with the rifle range being open on the weekends.

Between LdF and SDTS, every 2nd Saturday brought in 200 shooters. I've never seen that many people on the rifle range on a weekend. EVER...
The incident that stopped Pala matches involved TJ, but I wasn't personally there so I can only relate what I heard from the LdF management. Speaking of making money, TJ bought Faith Armory in Temecula from Nate a few years back and that didn't end well...
Old 07-31-2020, 7:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Not all of them. Bart runs his match the same as he would at Pala using the same LdF crew (including the OP of this thread, John).

Chuck explained it best above, with all the different groups and Jojo leaving unexpectedly. I didn't even know all the details because I would normally just shoot at Pala and go to Prado on occasion.
Old 08-05-2020, 9:12 AM

Quote:
The incident that stopped Pala matches involved TJ, but I wasn't personally there so I can only relate what I heard from the LdF management. Speaking of making money, TJ bought Faith Armory in Temecula from Nate a few years back and that didn't end well...
Faith Armory was already broke at the time TJ brought them in, I don't understand how that worked or what kind of deal was made but clearly TJ doesn't have a business background.

While Harold was an A-hole, TJ makes him look like a saint.
Old 09-04-2020, 6:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
the match format for Prado changed many months ago. Now, there is a 1:1 correspondence of squads to stages. Squad 1 starts on stage 1 and moves to 2,3,4... No more open squadding.
good to know. just the PRG or all of them ?