Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

Default Is Redfield out of business?

There is nothing on the Redfield website. Are they out of business?

www.redfield.com

In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Probably just the brand being phased out by Leupold, yeah. Click the support link from the redfield page and you go to Leupold.

https://www.leupold.com/service-support/services-repair

*Redfield Accelerator, Counterstrike, Revenge, and Battlezone products have been discontinued.

My guess would be everything will be a Leupold soon.
Old 02-21-2019, 4:30 PM
Calguns Addict

The original Redfield went out of business years ago.
More recently Leupold bought the name and started making scopes for the lower price point. Now Leupold has leupold branded lower price point scopes so maybe they are phasing out the Redfield name. Either way if you have a more recent Redfield scope contact Leupold about it for service.
If looking to buy just buy the lower end Leupold if you are trying to save money or are just cheap.
Old 02-21-2019, 5:51 PM

Leupold bought Redfield in 2009. All Redfield scopes are made in the plant in Beaverton, OR. They are Leupold scopes with the Redfield name. I can only find four models being made at this time. I just bought one of these--

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...-7x-33mm-matte

It is a great little scope for the price. Only weighs 11 oz. I think Leupold is using the Redfield name to go after this price point market.
Old 02-21-2019, 8:02 PM

If I recall correctly and don’t quote me, but I believe redfield line may have been dropped and leupold went with their “freedom” line in lieu of redfield. I’ll find out and report back, my uncle works for leupold.
Old 02-24-2019, 6:37 PM

If it matters to anyone, my uncle did confirm that they dropped the redfield line.
Old 02-24-2019, 6:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Thank you.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:04 AM

I think they are out of business. I haven't heard anything about them for a long time, but now I checked the information and it turns out they are still on the market. Most likely, they had a crisis in the company and now things are going badly...I hope they can regain their popularity. In addition, now you can buy ads anywhere and you will definitely be noticed. If I were them, I would publish ads on San Diego business promotions, because this is a very popular site that many people visit. In addition, you can buy ads in Google or in various social networks.

Last edited by AustinMay; 10-03-2020 at 1:49 AM..
Old 10-02-2020, 11:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Lightbulb

The name "Redfield," added NO prestige to "Leupold."
Old 10-02-2020, 11:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
The name "Redfield," added NO prestige to "Leupold."
True story. It was a matter of time.
Old 10-02-2020, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT447 View Post
Leupold bought Redfield in 2009. All Redfield scopes are made in the plant in Beaverton, OR. They are Leupold scopes with the Redfield name. I can only find four models being made at this time. I just bought one of these--

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...-7x-33mm-matte

It is a great little scope for the price. Only weighs 11 oz. I think Leupold is using the Redfield name to go after this price point market.
Yes, Revolution line seems to persist. I have three. Kind of regret buying the last two though. I like the accu-range reticle of my 4-12x Rev, but I don't care for this reticle so much in in my 3-9x or 2-7x Revs. I find that the lines are too thick, definitely more thick then they need to be.
Old 10-02-2020, 2:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

When Leupold took over the brand, it became a lot more attractive. I know some people that bought them, but I never tried one for some reason. I think I was looking at them before I ended up with a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 mildot, which is a good scope IMHO.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Calguns Addict

That's how I got introduced to Redfield, shortly after Leupold took 'em over. The prices were terrific for new, quality, USA-made riflescopes. Of them, the Revolution TAC-MOA is my favorite, followed closely by the Revolution 3-9x40 Accu-Range reticle for reaching out past 300 yards. For AR-15's meant for defense purposes, it's kinda hard to beat the Revolution 2-7x33 4-Plex (Duplex).

Shame that they seem not to be getting much love from Leupold anymore. The whole point of them acquiring the Redfield brand was to keep the Leupold line "upscale" and compete with the Redfield name at the "imports price point". I'd say the Revolution series did that remarkably well.

@crufflers, that Leupold Mark AR 3-9X40 mildot is a fine riflescope. The Redfield equivalent was the Revolution TAC-MOA and is also a fine riflescope. Sniper Central reviewed it and quite liked it.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 10-06-2020, 6:07 AM

Leupold bought them to gain market share of all the old timers who remember Redfield mounts on their Dads gun. They had the Leupold vxI which was the same glass I believe. Now all the old timers do not need to buy anymore optics , the old timers grand kids play video games, and old timers are starting to die off and so is Redfield.
Old 10-06-2020, 7:22 AM

Put my old Redfield on my old 10-22......bullseye

No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21
Old 10-06-2020, 7:23 AM

Old 10-06-2020, 7:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKAllTheThings View Post
I still have a Simmons 44Mag 6.5-20x44 AO
Old 10-06-2020, 7:39 AM

Good old Simmons, I have a Simmons 22 mag fixed 4 on my .22, good scopes for the very budget friendly price.
Old 10-06-2020, 8:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduracellbigd View Post
Good old Simmons, I have a Simmons 22 mag fixed 4 on my .22, good scopes for the very budget friendly price.
I have a much newer 22 Mag AO on a air rifle too. The 44 mag isn't mounted anywhere now, but still works like new. Probably had it on everything from rimfire to .308 at one time.