Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-19-2020, 6:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default WA mag ban and AW bills defeated

The antis will try again, but we won this round. Many people contacted their representatives and state senators and made it clear that Seattle can not dictate the state’s exercise of 2A rights. They will probably get a few minor bills passed and will try to degrade our rights with future attempts, but we won this round.
Old 02-19-2020, 6:33 PM

I'm legitimately upset and jealous that only good news comes from outside CA. Freedom week was literally the only good news we've had in this state ever.
Old 02-20-2020, 7:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
The antis will try again, but we won this round. Many people contacted their representatives and state senators and made it clear that Seattle can not dictate the state’s exercise of 2A rights. They will probably get a few minor bills passed and will try to degrade our rights with future attempts, but we won this round.
And the bolded section is exactly how it started in CA. First with baby steps, then running, with leaps and bounds, once the libs sense blood in the water.
Old 02-20-2020, 2:50 PM

I have not researched WA's voter registrations nor the party counts of legislators in their state assembly and senate, but unless Democrats have a large majority in the electorate and super majorities in both houses like they do in CA, they will suffer defeats when they go a "bridge too far". Whether that will erode in time and if they will reach super-majorities is guesswork right now.

Here is the state of CA:
In February 2019, California had 19,978,449 registered voters, comprising 79.09% of its total eligible voters.
Of those registered voters, 8,612,368 (43.11 percent) were registered Democrats, and 4,709,851 (23.57 percent) were Republicans.
As a percentage of registered voters, Democrats comprised 19.54 percent more of the electorate than Republicans did.
Independents are 28.3%
Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-to-1 and those are fearsome odds in their favor.

In the State Assembly, Democrats enjoy a supermajority of 61 seats, while Republicans control a minority of 18 seats (out of 80 members).

In the State Senate, Democrats enjoy a super-majority of 29 senators to 10 for the GOP.

With a Democrat governor and super-majorities in both houses, Democrats never need compromise on anything and nothing needs to be bi-partisan.

WA is not there and may never get there or they may. At least there is still a chance for 2A rights in WA. Absent federal intervention, there is no chance for CA 2A rights to even maintain current limited rights let alone gain any back.
Old 02-20-2020, 2:58 PM
Calguns Addict

The party that charms the Mexicans up there will end up calling the shots. There’s a whole lot of them, and they are known to be prodigious breeders.
Old 02-20-2020, 3:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The Dems have been in control. This is actually a surprise result.
Old 02-20-2020, 3:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This afternoon they introduced a new stealth bill trying to ban mags. They claim that yesterday’s deadline doesn’t apply because this new version has a buy back provision that affects the budget so it is allowed until March to be heard in committee and voted on.
Old 02-20-2020, 3:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuug View Post
I'm legitimately upset and jealous that only good news comes from outside CA. Freedom week was literally the only good news we've had in this state ever.
Off-limit lowers were good when Roberti-Roos was passed.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 02-20-2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Off-limit lowers were good when Roberti-Roos was passed.
I just can't justify saying the AWCA is a good thing
Old 02-21-2020, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuug View Post

Just wait.

In the long term, things are looking good.

Trump has, bar none, far and away, had the largest impact on the federal courts of any POTUS in history - including SCOTUS.

People are starting to wake up in serious ways. Just look at VA: all the people who showed up to the Jan. 20 rally, and the thousands of people who have formed / joined militias, mustered up, etc.

If worst comes to worst......We The People truly hold all the power.

We outnumber the enemy 8 to 1 at least.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Well don't get too relaxed. The dems snuck in a "ghost" bill
AB 2947 A "Large capacity" magazine ban.
A rather underhanded maneuver that allows the bill to be submitted with little opportunity for amendment and AFTER the legislative session was officially closed.
Pure democrat BS.
"If we can't pass it legitimately then we'll just cheat..."
Bastards
Old 02-28-2020, 9:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Well don't get too relaxed. The dems snuck in a "ghost" bill
AB 2947 A "Large capacity" magazine ban.
A rather underhanded maneuver that allows the bill to be submitted with little opportunity for amendment and AFTER the legislative session was officially closed.
Pure democrat BS.
"If we can't pass it legitimately then we'll just cheat..."
Bastards
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance...
This why both the states of Oregon and Washington dropped to DEFCON 3 on my retirement list. Any place where Democrats have governorships, let alone super majorities in the state legislature, are targets for Loonberg and his PAC for anti-gun legislation. And he spends big money.
I feel for all gun owners in Washington.
I am optimistic we are going to see injunctive relief from the 9th (unlkie we did not in the past) and then favorable treatment in federal courts. the downside is remedies in the courts move at a glacial pace whereas legislation moves at a comparatively lightning pace.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

We defeated the mag ban bill, the zombie bill that the Democrats resurrected from the grave and tried to shove through as a finance bill. A few less significant bills passed, but we won on the AW bill and the mag bill, for two years in a row.
Old 03-10-2020, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
We defeated the mag ban bill, the zombie bill that the Democrats resurrected from the grave and tried to shove through as a finance bill. A few less significant bills passed, but we won on the AW bill and the mag bill, for two years in a row.
Nice work. 👍

What were the “less significant” bills that passed?
Old 03-10-2020, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance...
This why both the states of Oregon and Washington dropped to DEFCON 3 on my retirement list. Any place where Democrats have governorships, let alone super majorities in the state legislature, are targets for Loonberg and his PAC for anti-gun legislation. And he spends big money.
I feel for all gun owners in Washington.
I am optimistic we are going to see injunctive relief from the 9th (unlkie we did not in the past) and then favorable treatment in federal courts. the downside is remedies in the courts move at a glacial pace whereas legislation moves at a comparatively lightning pace.
The price of freedom should be taking these treasonous individuals out in the back and putting a bullet in there head.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

So 6288 passed and goes to Inslee's desk Creating a state "Office of Firearm Violence"
Old 03-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So 6288 passed and goes to Inslee's desk Creating a state "Office of Firearm Violence"
So basically a state-run taxpayer-funded anti-gun propaganda agency immune to citizen complaints and lawsuits (It's the Gubmint!) that will surely be stacked by Inslee with Loonberg's Safety For Every Town anti-gun zealots. How long before Kalifornistan and Oregrown do the same?

I am losing hope that Left-Coaster's will wake up and understand where this is leading. Like the Founders, rather than stay and fight a powerful oppressive government, I am going to have to flee to add my voice in a state where the constitution still matters.

But the Mrs doesn't want to retire for a few years yet so I get to live this ***** live 24x7 in living color with my Suck Meter pegged. Oh well, it could be worse: I could be in NY state LOL. Embrace the Suck I guess.
Old 03-13-2020, 7:15 AM

In general, outside of King county in wa, the state is generally red, with the highest population of blue resides in King, and couple neighboring counties. What saves us from total firearm ban is the state preemption law, not allowing counties from making their own gun laws more restrictive than state level. If preemption is gone, king county will immediately ban all guns as they want for years.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

2947 got beat down
No mag bans this year!
J(ackass) Inslee and AG Turd Ferguson are crying themselves to sleep.
Poor Jay, No one wants him as president and no one wants his anti-gun BS either. Here's hoping no one wants him as governor any more, too!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
2947 got beat down
No mag bans this year!
J(ackass) Inslee and AG Turd Ferguson are crying themselves to sleep.
Poor Jay, No one wants him as president and no one wants his anti-gun BS either. Here's hoping no one wants him as governor any more, too!
Don't worry, more liberal Californians are moving out and up to y'all.