Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Default 1 Year Review: 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch

Amazon link: http://a.co/d/bPg8vnF

Highlights
  • Fits XDS Perfectly
  • Room for ID/Cards
  • Strong Waistband
  • Heavy Duty Plastic Buckle
  • Looks Discreet

I've had this for a year now for bicycle rides. It doesn't flop around and the strap doesn't loosen during course of ride. Normally between 25-29 miles per ride.

Very happy with it and would definitely recommend to any CCW bicycle rider.
Springfield Armory & Smith&Wesson & Remington & Henry & Marlin
------------------------------------
"Why does anyone need an AR-15?
You mean you don't know? So what kind of reporter are you? It's easy! It's a great friggen gun!" - Alan Korwin, 2015
Old 10-18-2018, 9:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBarge View Post
Amazon link: http://a.co/d/bPg8vnF

Highlights
  • Fits XDS Perfectly
  • Room for ID/Cards
  • Strong Waistband
  • Heavy Duty Plastic Buckle
  • Looks Discreet

I've had this for a year now for bicycle rides. It doesn't flop around and the strap doesn't loosen during course of ride. Normally between 25-29 miles per ride.

Very happy with it and would definitely recommend to any CCW bicycle rider.
They work, and I bet no one has said oh he is carrying a gun. Please don't be offended but I have to ask, they explained to you how to use the rapid deployment strips and to hang spare mags upside down right?
Old 02-07-2021, 12:40 PM

Bringing back the dead.

I recently bought this carry pouch and have been using it around the house. It is a nice design and slim design that hugs the body well. Hardly noticeable with my shirt covering it at 12 o'clock.

However, it is definitely designed for smaller sub compact pistols in my opinion. When used properly, and I mean using the attached elastic trigger guard straps , my G19 is a snug fit. The bottom of the magazine pushes the pack down a bit and the top zipper hits the top of the rear slide. It is very difficult to place the elastic around the trigger guard on the glock. The spare mag will fit but will hit the gun if your ok with that. It work's though and gets the job done.

Now if you don't use the elastic straps and just shove your pistol deep in the pouch it will cover the trigger but not fully protect it and you can then use it for a variety of size pistols that will fit . Most youtubers just shove thier pistols in the pouch because the straps won't work with bigger guns. Then you will have plenty of room for your extra mags to seat properly.

Overall it is a great design and slim fit so I plan to keep it. Would be good when driving on long trips or hiking or the gym etc... seems hard to find a fanny pack design to fit a G19 that isn't to bulky or big . Thus one fits the bill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210206_221822.jpg (97.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 20210206_221828.jpg (96.6 KB, 79 views)
Old 03-25-2021, 2:10 PM

I'd consider it for hiking
Old 03-26-2021, 6:38 AM
retired Goon

If you get a 5.11 Select Carry Sling Pack, it comes with a 5.11 Select Carry Pistol Pouch.

The pistol pouch is attached to the front strap of the sling pack and is removable, so you can use it on it's own as a fanny pack.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).