Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 08-20-2018, 9:22 PM

Default What do you use?

Looking for suggestions for an IWB, hybrid holster for Ruger LCP and LC9.

Thanks,

Brant
Old 08-22-2018, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=P51dplt;22021464]Looking for suggestions for an IWB, hybrid holster for Ruger LCP and LC9.

Thanks,

Brant[/QUOTE

Brant why would you want a hybrid holster for a LCP? There are much better ways to carry that are far more compact, and concealable.

In addition to the above question I would like to ask for a little information you need to give anyone you’re asking for assistance so they can make an informed suggestion.
Where on the body do you plan to carry your weapon, and why there?
Are you thin, average, heavy, tall, or short?
Do you have any medical issues, arthritis, skin condition, ulcer, IBS, frequent heartburn, bad back, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, or shoulder injuries? All of these affect holster choices and or position.
What is your normal style of clothing? Do you always wear a belt? Do you wear casual untucked look, business casual, scrubs, suit or uniform?
Do you know the limitation of each kind of holster, and carry position?

Will you have to remove the gun and holster to go into certain venues, or work? This impacts holster choice.

Do you live in California, clothing styles here impact holster choice, especially in Southern California? Remember if your carrying IWB your concealing the grip not gun, unless you go large holster like a hybrid in which case you complicate concealment, fit and comfort. There are place for them, but understand the trade space.

There are more questions that can be discussed, however this is a solid foundation for selecting a holster.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:31 AM

^^^ All those words and not one recommendation for a holster. You really think OP wants to discuss his medical issues with you, or whether he has IBS on an open forum?..c’mon man.

OP, I really like my ultra carry from Precision Holsters out of Placerville..
http://precisionholsters.com/product...carry-iwb.html
They make one for LC9, not sure about LCP but they have great customer service. If you give em a call I’m sure they could line you out with one.

Hopefully others will give you some useful suggestions, without having to submit your medical records..good luck with your search!
Old 08-24-2018, 6:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linehand131 View Post
^^^ All those words and not one recommendation for a holster. You really think OP wants to discuss his medical issues with you, or whether he has IBS on an open forum?..c’mon man.

They make one for LC9, not sure about LCP but they have great customer service. If you give em a call I’m sure they could line you out with one.

Hopefully others will give you some useful suggestions, without having to submit your medical records..good luck with your search!
Well the reason for all the questions is I own a holster and concealment shop in Lake Forest, and I don't just throw out holster suggestions without know what the client really needs. That is why FBI/ICE/California Gang Task Force/Corrections department, Spec Ops personal as well as regular LEO's, approved airline pilots and civilians come to me. We fit concealment options.

The difference in my response is because I am a professional in this area, and most the people answer are not. So I am just trying to help. Might be something I carry, or might be someone Else's product that is right for him. Having fitted thousands of CCW's I have a little more experience than the common carrier, and there are enough people here on Calguns that have worked with me so you can ask for their vote.

If he wants help I am here to help, if not that is fine. He can always answer the questions with a PM (it's a feature here), the questions are valid for others who are also considering a holster, which is why I posted them in public rather than PM to the OP. After all these threads live on nearly forever.
Old 08-25-2018, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
there are enough people here on Calguns that have worked with me so you can ask for their vote.
No need. I’ve read enough of your posts here to understand the agenda and form my own opinions.

If someone posts that they’re looking for a hybrid IWB for their LCP/LC9, then just take the question for what it is. I’d assume that person knows better what style holster they want than you do, and are simply looking for manufacturer suggestions based on experience.
Old 08-26-2018, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linehand131 View Post

Looks like you are relatively new here. Don’t make posts that can be taken as an attack on another poster. Feel free to give the OP your opinion on his question not your negitive opinion on another poster.

OP I carry appendix using a Smart Carry and have for 4+ years. I didn’t like any other methods I tried. Grantar2 sells carry equipment, if you are anywhere near him pay him a visit and he will help you out.