Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-16-2020, 3:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Biden says stop them with leg shot

"Come on man" just shoot shoot an attacker in the leg !

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...e-leg-n2578195
"So, instead of anybody coming at you, and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg!” Biden exclaimed.

While VP Biden has in the past offered good advice on self defense against some really bad dudes, like the dreaded gang leader Corn Pop. It seems he failed to consider shooting someone in the leg during a high stress encounter might not work too well !

This topic of police self defense might belong in off topic ! If thats the case, I will take another suspension or even a permanent ban !
FWIW lots of shooters and patriots are now on PARLER, including Don Trump Jr who recently posted, " We don't buy a box or 2 of ammo, we buy a case or pallet" Sounds a lot like some of us !

Last edited by ja308; 10-16-2020 at 3:20 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 3:28 PM

This position comes naturally to someone who routinely shoots himself in the foot.

I guess Corn-Pop was a poor tactical instructor.

Thankfully, he stopped short of making a campaign promise to make all police carry holstered shotguns as their duty weapon.

ARFrog

Last edited by ARFrog; 10-16-2020 at 4:08 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 3:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Remember in early 2009 his advice for 2A was all people needed was a double barrel shotgun, and if you heard anybody rattling a door, take the gun and a couple of shells and fire them. Advice that would see you facing probably felony charges in every state of the union and depending on where you live, maybe hurting somebody as the shot returned to earth.
Old 10-16-2020, 3:49 PM

I mean, he is the same guy that claimed all you needed to successfully defend yourself was a double-barreled shotgun and to fire two blasts into the air for you to scare any potential criminals off...

(And yes, I am saying this in as sarcastic a manner as I can through the internet).
Old 10-16-2020, 3:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wait, kameltoe said to aim for the face; facial shots are better

1A - 2A = -1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunndeal View Post
Stop digging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Evil, nasty, vicious!!
I like the way you think!
Old 10-16-2020, 4:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

He is just pandering...

That guy and guns should not be in the same room...he clearly displays a lack of knowledge and understanding of the use of firearms.

What is the term...useful idiot.
Old 10-16-2020, 4:22 PM

Yeah, just shoot 'em in the leg.
Vegas style. NSFW, age-restricted.
You've all probably seen this one.

https://youtu.be/Tv-YU19s4S4
Old 10-16-2020, 4:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

There are no words.
Old 10-16-2020, 4:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
There are no words.
Wearing that nice hat is covering up the hair style favored by Corn Pop ! Is that intentional?
Old 10-16-2020, 4:58 PM

Sure thing Pedophile Joe! Easy peasy! Can you show us all how it is done by aiming at your own son's leg first and then pulling the trigger?
Old 10-16-2020, 5:05 PM
Veteran Member

Does he mean AFTER I stop the threat using well placed hits center of mass?

Ok Creepy Joe, if you say so.

Edit: On second thought, I think he wants us to knee-cap these idiots. Hidin’Biden & HeelsUpHarris!!!!

Last edited by BigStiCK; 10-16-2020 at 5:10 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 6:00 PM
Calguns Addict

he could not be trusted to be in a padded room with a fork
Old 10-16-2020, 6:14 PM

That shoot them in the leg policy will change really quick when victims start suing cities and counties for maming and social security accelerates it's path to bankruptcy when all victims start applying for SSDI or SSI .
Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!
Old 10-16-2020, 6:19 PM

Biden is a moron. Of course he's trying to put lipstick on a pig too.
Old 10-16-2020, 6:22 PM

I remember the Lone Ranger shot the pistol out of the bad guy's hand. That ought to be the standard for self defense.
Old 10-16-2020, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdha603 View Post
I mean, he is the same guy that claimed all you needed to successfully defend yourself was a double-barreled shotgun and to fire two blasts into the air for you to scare any potential criminals off...

(And yes, I am saying this in as sarcastic a manner as I can through the internet).
Now if you can shoot your attacker in the leg with a double barrel shotgun then maybe Biden has a point. Probably not as affective if you’re using a 9mm though. For smaller calibers maybe a couple of shots to the groin?
Old 10-16-2020, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post
I remember the Lone Ranger shot the pistol out of the bad guy's hand. That ought to be the standard for self defense.
Exactly what I was going to say. Why don't cops just shoot the weapon out of their hand?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2020, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_Tim View Post
Yeah, just shoot 'em in the leg.
Vegas style. NSFW, age-restricted.
You've all probably seen this one.

https://youtu.be/Tv-YU19s4S4
Hope that guy didn't have AIDS.
Old 10-16-2020, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

good ol Knee-Cap-O'Biden
Old 10-16-2020, 9:44 PM

I guess Biden has never heard of a femoral artery.

**** what am I saying, the guy doesn't even know where he is half the time.
Old 10-16-2020, 9:58 PM
Calguns Addict

The guy has no clue..plus he's a beady eyed CS

MLC, First 3
Old 10-16-2020, 10:16 PM

For those that are unaware (You “liberals with guns”) of how Dictators change their countries for the worst. This is how it begins.

You take fundamental, in our case, constitutional rights, and you start to chip at them bit by bit. Mussolini, thought of as a joke, took over Italy. No good.
Saddam Hussein, Built roads and schools and helped the economy. Not good. Pol Pot, declared agriculture was the only way to go. Nope, not good.
Of course, the Nazis and Hitler, slowly but surely convincing the public that the Jew was to blame for everything. Slowly took away guns as the economy got better and better. Not good. Stalin, well he just murdered everyone for looking at him wrong. The common thing all these leaders did, was take away guns. Some were taken slowly, some fast. If guns are pried from the hands of Americans, there will be no buy back program for the Patriots. There will be conflict. Let’s not let that happen in 2020.

Just because you might agree with a policy from Biden/Harris (not sure how thats possible but people here do) now, it will only get Very BAD, VERY FAST.

Last edited by Mr. Blue; 10-16-2020 at 10:23 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 10:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog68 View Post
Remember in early 2009 his advice for 2A was all people needed was a double barrel shotgun, and if you heard anybody rattling a door, take the gun and a couple of shells and fire them. Advice that would see you facing probably felony charges in every state of the union and depending on where you live, maybe hurting somebody as the shot returned to earth.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 10-16-2020, 10:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
Do you think Biden has ever defended himself form an attacker in any capacity? At this point, he probably won’t for the rest of his life. Mr. Joke Biden, if I have one of your branded shotguns, how can I shoot him just in the leg?

Old 10-17-2020, 6:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Lightbulb

As if it needed refuting... but libtards ARE obtuse & dense...

Law enforcement world slams Biden's advice to shoot suspects 'in the leg'

Quote:
"We shoot to stop the threat," said Lawrence O'Toole, a lieutenant colonel with the St. Louis Police Department. "You could be endangering the public by shooting and missing."

by Daniel Payne

Updated: October 16, 2020 - 11:51pm

Law enforcement officials are slamming Joe Biden's suggestion that police officers should shoot violent assailants in the leg to avoid a potentially fatal altercation, with experts arguing that police are trained to do exactly the opposite of what Biden advised in order to minimize harm during violent confrontations.

In an extended exchange with a questioner during his Philadelphia town hall event with host George Stephanopolous Thursday, Biden laid out his vision for police reform, including his opinion of how police officers should utilize deadly force while on the job.

"There's a lot of things we've learned, and it takes time," he said, "but we can do this. You can ban chokeholds ... but beyond that, you have to teach people how to de-escalate circumstances."

"So, instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg," he offered as an example.

'Why don't we train the military to do that?'

Multiple law enforcement officials argued to Just the News that Biden had strongly misjudged the logistics of police use-of-force. "It's a myth," Dana Schrad, the executive director of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police, said of Biden's notion that leg shots are a practical alternative to current police training. "We have a continuum of use of force policies that we follow," she said of police officers. "Officers are trained to de-escalate situations, to use the minimal force necessary, to contain a situation, and to bring it to a peaceful conclusion."

"If an officer is forced to use lethal force," she continued, "that means there's imminent danger. If there's that level of danger that would force an officer to use a firearm, he's trained to shoot to body mass." "It takes some really special equipment and a real good marksman to disable someone by shooting them in the leg," she added.

Biden's remarks on Thursday were not the first time the politician has given controversial law enforcement advice. He made the same shoot-for-the-leg argument at a community meeting in June of this year. Several years ago, the former vice president also suggested that utilizing a double-barreled shotgun and "fir[ing] two blasts outside the house" would be enough to scare away would-be criminals.

Lawrence O'Toole, a Lt. Col with the St. Louis Police Department, said Biden's remarks on Thursday were "ridiculous."

"Why don't we train the military to do that?" he asked sarcastically.
"Obviously we shoot for the larger part of the body because we have the highest percentage of being able to hit the target," he argued. "We shoot to stop the threat. You could be endangering the public by shooting and missing."

O'Toole also took issue with Biden's premise that police officers "shoot to kill" when drawing their weapons. "Nowhere have I ever heard in police training that we shoot to kill," he said, repeating: "We shoot to stop the threat. We do not shoot to kill."

'They have to be stopped immediately'

Police reform activists have often argued that officers can easily be trained to use firearms in a non-lethal manner when engaging with violent suspects. A bill put forth in the New York State Assembly several years ago would have directed police throughout the state to use "only the minimal amount of force necessary" when confronting and subduing violent suspects.

Dave Grossman, a retired Lt. Col. in the United States Army, told Just the News that violent, potentially murderous suspects "have to be stopped immediately."

"Shooting someone in the leg does not stop someone immediately," he said. "You're trying to stop an immediate threat. And shooting someone in the leg doesn't stop them from killing or shooting someone else."

Grossman, who runs a nationwide law enforcement training program and who developed the discipline of "killology," used a conversation with a deer-hunting relative to illustrate his point.

"He once asked me, 'Why don't cops just shoot suspects in the leg?'" Grossman said. "And I told him, 'The next time you shoot at a deer, aim for the leg.'"

"He got it immediately," Grossman added.

Police reform advocates also argue Biden is misguided

Justin Mazzola, a criminal justice research expert at Amnesty International, also argued that Biden missed the mark with his suggestion that police should aim for the leg.

"We definitely agree with the former vice president that officers should be taught de-escalation tactics," Mazzola said. Yet regarding Biden's claim that officers should shoot suspects in the leg during violent altercations, "we don’t know that that's the right response in that specific circumstance," he said.

"What the real issue is," he said, "is whether or not lethal force was justified in the situation at all." Lethal force statutes in the U.S. are far too permissive, Mazzola argued. "We are calling on each state to restrict lethal force only in instances to protect life, under imminent threat of death or serious injury," he added.

Randy Shrewsberry, the executive director of California's Institute for Criminal Justice Training Reform and a former law enforcement officer, echoed Mazzola's remarks. "It's an unrealistic proposition," he said of Biden's idea. "I think my feelings probably echo the vast majority that are in law enforcement today."

"The major thing to understand is that police officers must be trained to shoot for center mass because it's the largest part of the target," he said. "When we're talking about stress-shooting situations, accuracy drops tremendously. Most of the time it's not just someone standing in one spot. People are moving around. Adrenaline is pumping."

"I would argue that we need to teach officers to use other tools than shooting," he said, "such as mental health training. I think that would be a far better investment."

Fatal police shootings have received major media coverage in recent years, though they remain rare: The Washington Post's police shooting database identified roughly 5,000 deadly police shootings since 2015. If every one of those shootings was perpetrated by a different officer, that would still constitute about 0.6% of the more than 800,000 police officers throughout the country over a period of half a decade.

Overall, according to research, only about a quarter of police officers have ever fired their sidearms while on the job.

"Law enforcement officers rarely pull their weapons," Schrad said. "I know officers that have gone through a 25-year career and have never pulled their firearms."

Shrewsberry said the shoot-for-the-leg argument is "something that's been perpetuated in fictional TV shows." O'Toole said remarks like Biden's are "uninformed and uneducated" about the nature of marksmanship in dangerous and potentially deadly situations.

"If it was that easy to do, we would have been doing it all along," he said.
Old 10-17-2020, 7:01 AM

Please, someone get this for Joe. It's the only answer.

BidenPistol.jpg
Old 10-17-2020, 9:41 AM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

it's like an idiot giving advice on how to invest your $$$! the sad thing is that the low information voters are following it!
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:57 AM

Well, sounds like we may still be allowed have guns if he says to shoot them in the leg.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepamjohn View Post
Well, sounds like we may still be allowed have guns if he says to shoot them in the leg.
femoral artery...

cuz, it's safe to shoot someone in the leg n stuff

Old 10-17-2020, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

The Israelis have a policy of shooting rioters in the leg with a .22 rifle, and once one or two rioters have an injured leg, it has an immediate effect upon the rest of the rioters.
Old 10-17-2020, 4:01 PM

Will I get in trouble for shooting them in the leg after 2 to the chest?
Old 10-17-2020, 4:27 PM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
The Israelis have a policy of shooting rioters in the leg with a .22 rifle, and once one or two rioters have an injured leg, it has an immediate effect upon the rest of the rioters.
if only the city mayors would deploy snipers to avoid ruining the businesses and attacks on people whom they disagree with. nah! it's america and too savage to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerloo View Post
Will I get in trouble for shooting them in the leg after 2 to the chest?
it depends. was the leg moving after the chest shot?
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

Last edited by Barang; 10-18-2020 at 10:18 AM..
Old 10-17-2020, 4:36 PM

Is that the same as trying to shoot the gun out of their... Uh... Well... Ummm... Hand?

Old 10-18-2020, 8:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Sure Joe, just fire rounds into the ground and splatter lead everywhere.

Biden is the fall back candidate the blacks of South Carolina "selected" that became the standard bearer only because the 'progessives' couldn't make up their minds which socialist to support.
Old 10-18-2020, 9:37 AM

If you put Biden in a room with no contact to the outside, strip him naked and then give him two ball bearings, he will break one of them and lose the other one.
-P
Old 10-18-2020, 10:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

what happens if you shoot em in the leg...with Joe's 12gauge ...no leg !
Old 10-18-2020, 10:30 AM

who would listen to this idiot?.....

oh that's right- Democrat voters!

"Everybody has a plan, until they got punch in the mouth." - Mike Tyson
Old 10-18-2020, 10:59 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfish View Post
The guy has no clue..plus he's a beady eyed CS
Ditto that, I cannot believe for the life of me this guy is running to be the most powerful man on earth. Theoretically anyway, we all know it's not about him.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post
And you beat me to it...

Mojave Lever Crew Member.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
"Come on man" just shoot shoot an attacker in the leg !

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...e-leg-n2578195
"So, instead of anybody coming at you, and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg!” Biden exclaimed.

While VP Biden has in the past offered good advice on self defense against some really bad dudes, like the dreaded gang leader Corn Pop. It seems he failed to consider shooting someone in the leg during a high stress encounter might not work too well !

This topic of police self defense might belong in off topic ! If thats the case, I will take another suspension or even a permanent ban !
FWIW lots of shooters and patriots are now on PARLER, including Don Trump Jr who recently posted, " We don't buy a box or 2 of ammo, we buy a case or pallet" Sounds a lot like some of us !
What a repugnant piece of human excrement.

Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.