Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:00 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default Car broken into again! Qualify for CCW?

Hey guys, was wondering what the opinion is on this situation. My car (parked in the driveway) was broken into again this morning and I have CCTV footage of the perpetrator. This is the 4th time that cars in my driveway has been broken into. I was wondering if I can use this to apply for a CCW? I'm not feeling safe even in my own home anymore and want to be protected, but living in LA county the chances are slim to qualify. Was wondering what your thoughts are and whether I should apply or not. Thanks all and be safe out there

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:02 AM
baranski's Avatar
baranski baranski is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Vista
Posts: 2,757
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Apply.what have you to lose?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:05 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Apply.what have you to lose?
Money, and I heard that once you don't qualify your chances of qualifying are much worst in the future. I'll have to look into this a bit more but that's my hesitation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:07 AM
Citadelgrad87's Avatar
Citadelgrad87 Citadelgrad87 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,090
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Money, and I heard that once you don't qualify your chances of qualifying are much worst in the future. I'll have to look into this a bit more but that's my hesitation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Every CCW application i have ever seen asks “have you ever applied for ccw and been denied?”

I shared the same qualms you do, and didnt apply until i was sure i had a good shot. For you, i think they will say these are property crimes with no hint of danger to you. I disagree with that, but thats what they will say.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:09 AM
hermosabeach's Avatar
hermosabeach hermosabeach is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,952
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Can you legally defend property in CA?
No


Crime in your area falls into the overall personal protection as a good cause.

If your agency does not issue for this, don’t apply.



Every CCW application asks if you have applied and been denied a CCW-and or have you ever had a CCW revokes. if you answer yes, you need to explain why and it makes getting approved potentially more difficult
__________________




“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:11 AM
Win231 Win231 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,025
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Go ahead & apply for a CCW. But brush up on the laws regarding the use of deadly force.
If you were to catch a car burglar in the act & you pull a gun on him, what will you do if he runs away? You can't shoot him unless you want to do prison time. Citizen's arrest? Fine, but if it turns into an assault & you end up shooting him, the legal fees will make you wish you didn't handle it that way.
It's not the same as him breaking into your home.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:11 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Every CCW application i have ever seen asks “have you ever applied for ccw and been denied?”



I shared the same qualms you do, and didnt apply until i was sure i had a good shot. For you, i think they will say these are property crimes with no hint of danger to you. I disagree with that, but thats what they will say.
I figured this may be the case, and I am not about to give anti-gun politicans/law enforcement my hard earned dollar and be denied now and in the future. Thanks brutha.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:12 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 6,474
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Since you haven’t been in the car when this has happened, it might sound to your IA like you’re applying for a CCW permit to protect your property instead of to defend yourself from imminent threats of death or great bodily injury. You are already legally entitled to use deadly force to protect yourself inside your home.

You may need to move to one of the many counties in California that accept “self defense” as good cause to obtain a CCW permit.

Addendum: It looks like several people addressed the same point while I was typing. I agree with them.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh


Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 08-11-2019 at 9:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:14 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
Go ahead & apply for a CCW. But brush up on the laws regarding the use of deadly force.

If you were to catch a car burglar in the act & you pull a gun on him, what will you do if he runs away? You can't shoot him unless you want to do prison time. Citizen's arrest? Fine, but if it turns into an assault & you end up shooting him, the legal fees will make you wish you didn't handle it that way.

It's not the same as him breaking into your home.
Thanks brutha. It's good to hear different opinions and consider all options. I'm feeling the anger and adrenaline so couldn't think straight, but appreciate your time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:18 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Since you haven’t been in the car when this has happened, it might sound to your IA like you’re applying for a CCW permit to protect your property instead of to defend yourself from imminent threats of death or great bodily injury. You are already legally entitled to use deadly force to protect yourself inside your home.

You may need to move to one of the many counties in California that accept “self defense” as good cause to obtain a CCW permit.

Addendum: It looks like several people addressed the same point while I was typing. I agree with them.
Yeah I see what you're saying. I often get home from work late or an outing, and should I come home and come face to face with a perp I want to be protected; hence my thoughts on applying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:19 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Can you legally defend property in CA?
No


Crime in your area falls into the overall personal protection as a good cause.

If your agency does not issue for this, don’t apply.



Every CCW application asks if you have applied and been denied a CCW-and or have you ever had a CCW revokes. if you answer yes, you need to explain why and it makes getting approved potentially more difficult
Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-11-2019, 9:40 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,188
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Thanks brutha. It's good to hear different opinions and consider all options. I'm feeling the anger and adrenaline so couldn't think straight, but appreciate your time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
If you can't think straight when you're angry, best not to carry a gun, carry pepper spray instead. (You should carry pepper spray all the time anyway, even if you get a CCW.)

If you still want to apply, best to go over the last few pages of posts in the LA Co CCW Info thread at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...352761&page=25
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Win231 Win231 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,025
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Thanks brutha. It's good to hear different opinions and consider all options. I'm feeling the anger and adrenaline so couldn't think straight, but appreciate your time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
One other issue: I've never applied for a CCW, so I don't know what questions are on the form to answer. But if I am correct in assuming it will ask for "Reasons" why you want a CCW," it would be a bad idea to answer: "My car has been broken into several times" or something of that nature. That would tell them two things: That you intend to use a gun on a thief & that you're not familiar with the laws regarding deadly force.
Just say, "Personal protection" or something similar.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Win231 Win231 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,025
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
If you can't think straight when you're angry, best not to carry a gun, carry pepper spray instead. (You should carry pepper spray all the time anyway, even if you get a CCW.)

If you still want to apply, best to go over the last few pages of posts in the LA Co CCW Info thread at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...352761&page=25
Perhaps words spoken out of frustration & anger are not an indication of actions.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-11-2019, 11:07 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
One other issue: I've never applied for a CCW, so I don't know what questions are on the form to answer. But if I am correct in assuming it will ask for "Reasons" why you want a CCW," it would be a bad idea to answer: "My car has been broken into several times" or something of that nature. That would tell them two things: That you intend to use a gun on a thief & that you're not familiar with the laws regarding deadly force.

Just say, "Personal protection" or something similar.
Thank you I appreciate the tip.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Cincinnatus's Avatar
Cincinnatus Cincinnatus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay Area
Posts: 552
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Move to a safer place in a county where you can get a CCW.
__________________
Active Army 1976-1986, Army Reserve 2005-2015, Afghanistan 2010-2011

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2019, 11:15 AM
GlockN'Roll's Avatar
GlockN'Roll GlockN'Roll is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SOUTHERN CAL
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Hey guys, was wondering what the opinion is on this situation. My car (parked in the driveway) was broken into again this morning and I have CCTV footage of the perpetrator.

This is the 4th time that cars in my driveway has been broken into.

I was wondering if I can use this to apply for a CCW?

I'm not feeling safe even in my own home anymore and want to be protected, but living in LA county the chances are slim to qualify.

Was wondering what your thoughts are and whether I should apply or not. Thanks all and be safe out there

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You have answered your own question.


If you live in LA county, you are very, very unlikely to receive a permit unless you are very rich and/or very famous...


Having you car broken into, will not even be considered a reasonable cause for CCW,


in most counties that actually issue and require a cause statement in order to issue.


Save your time and money, you'll win the lottery before you get a permit in LA county.


Move out of LA if you really want a permit...
__________________

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2019, 11:26 AM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,506
iTrader: 159 / 100%
Default

Zero chance this gets you a CCW.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-11-2019, 2:28 PM
L84CABO's Avatar
L84CABO L84CABO is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orcas Island, WA and San Diego
Posts: 5,731
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm confused, your location says Orange County but your post says LA County. Which county is your IA in?

To your question, however, every Issuing Agency (IA) is different. You should check the OC or LA boards to understand what your specific IA considers to be a "good cause." There aren't many...in So Cal anyway...that view self defense or not feeling safe as a good enough justification. But I don't live in either of these counties so I'm no expert on them. Again, check the boards.

The other problem you're likely going to have is that you say you don't feel safe at HOME...and it's perfectly legal to have a gun in/at your home and you don't need a CCW permit to do so. Nor should you be walking out of your home to confront somebody stealing your property from your driveway. Because it's only property.

I don't think your justification for CCW is going to make much sense to them, so they will likely reject you. Further to this if your IA is in LA they basically don't issue unless you're a personal friend of the Sheriff's or make LARGE contributions to his campaign fund. If your IA is in OC, you might have a chance with something more appropriate.

And sorry, the CCW requirements in this state suck balls.
__________________
"Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

Fighter Pilot
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-11-2019, 2:54 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,705
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Doesn't getting a CCW in LA County require a significant contribution to Villaraigosa's war chest???
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-11-2019, 6:40 PM
ACfixer's Avatar
ACfixer ACfixer is offline
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KAPV-L35 SoCal
Posts: 2,476
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win231 View Post
If you were to catch a car burglar in the act & you pull a gun on him...
Some cops might arrest you for that alone if it's outside your home.
__________________


Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-11-2019, 6:51 PM
Canucky's Avatar
Canucky Canucky is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,951
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

OP what kind of car? Alarm?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-11-2019, 7:37 PM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Live in LA county, just do all of my PPT's in Orange County. Not sure how the perp broke into a 4Runner w/ an alarm but he some how managed to do it.

I think I wasn't clear in my thread so sorry for that. The reason I asked if I qualify for a CCW is because the 3rd time that a car in my driveway was broken into, it was a team of 8, very organized.

In 15 mins the 8 guys raised a car up, put bricks under the car to stable it, stole the wheels/rims, got inside and told the seats, radio, airbag, and other items; so basically I just had the body left. Car was completely stripped. They came organized with a clear objective in mind, and I dare say them did NOT come empty handed.

So although these perps stoled property, my fear is they also have a weapon and aren't afraid to use it. I often get home late from work or an outing, and should I come face to face with them I want to be prepared. This is pretty much the reason for my CCW question. Funny thing is, on the 3rd break-in one of the perps dropped his bank card in the driveway and I showed the police. They told me a bird could have picked it up somewhere and dropped it in my driveway. I knew I was screwed with that explanation

Thanks all I appreciate your feedback. Be safe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-11-2019, 7:44 PM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 213
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Live in LA county, just do all of my PPT's in Orange County. Not sure how the perp broke into a 4Runner w/ an alarm but he some how managed to do it.

I think I wasn't clear in my thread so sorry for that. The reason I asked if I qualify for a CCW is because the 3rd time that a car in my driveway was broken into, it was a team of 8, very organized.

In 15 mins the 8 guys raised a car up, put bricks under the car to stable it, stole the wheels/rims, got inside and told the seats, radio, airbag, and other items; so basically I just had the body left. Car was completely stripped. They came organized with a clear objective in mind, and I dare say them did NOT come empty handed.

So although these perps stoled property, my fear is they also have a weapon and aren't afraid to use it. I often get home late from work or an outing, and should I come face to face with them I want to be prepared. This is pretty much the reason for my CCW question. Funny thing is, on the 3rd break-in one of the perps dropped his bank card in the driveway and I showed the police. They told me a bird could have picked it up somewhere and dropped it in my driveway. I knew I was screwed with that explanation

Thanks all I appreciate your feedback. Be safe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That’s just messed up. Sounds like you should move to a nicer area or park in the garage if possible. But for CCW in LA, on this basis, they’ll never approve. Even so, you shouldn’t confront them cause if it goes south, they know where you live.

What city are you in?

Stay safe.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-11-2019, 7:50 PM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
That’s just messed up. Sounds like you should move to a nicer area or park in the garage if possible. But for CCW in LA, on this basis, they’ll never approve. Even so, you shouldn’t confront them cause if it goes south, they know where you live.



What city are you in?



Stay safe.
Thanks G, appreciate it. I'm in Long Beach. Yeah I won't try for it knowing my chances are slim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-11-2019, 7:53 PM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 213
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Thanks G, appreciate it. I'm in Long Beach. Yeah I won't try for it knowing my chances are slim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
If you decide to move, one city over with less crime and you’ll get your CCW as well. I’m in OC but didn’t think people still do that. It’s quite upsetting.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-11-2019, 8:17 PM
P5Ret P5Ret is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Ebay
Posts: 5,005
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
Live in LA county, just do all of my PPT's in Orange County. Not sure how the perp broke into a 4Runner w/ an alarm but he some how managed to do it.

I think I wasn't clear in my thread so sorry for that. The reason I asked if I qualify for a CCW is because the 3rd time that a car in my driveway was broken into, it was a team of 8, very organized.

In 15 mins the 8 guys raised a car up, put bricks under the car to stable it, stole the wheels/rims, got inside and told the seats, radio, airbag, and other items; so basically I just had the body left. Car was completely stripped. They came organized with a clear objective in mind, and I dare say them did NOT come empty handed.

So although these perps stoled property, my fear is they also have a weapon and aren't afraid to use it. I often get home late from work or an outing, and should I come face to face with them I want to be prepared. This is pretty much the reason for my CCW question. Funny thing is, on the 3rd break-in one of the perps dropped his bank card in the driveway and I showed the police. They told me a bird could have picked it up somewhere and dropped it in my driveway. I knew I was screwed with that explanation

Thanks all I appreciate your feedback. Be safe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
So you think 8 against 1 is good odd's?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-11-2019, 8:46 PM
RickD427's Avatar
RickD427 RickD427 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: King County
Posts: 6,202
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Doesn't getting a CCW in LA County require a significant contribution to Villaraigosa's war chest???
Villaraigosa has no say in who gets a L.A. County permit...........
__________________
If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-12-2019, 5:48 AM
slixx1320 slixx1320 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 458
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo7125 View Post
I heard that once you don't qualify your chances of qualifying are much worst in the future. I'll have to look into this a bit more but that's my hesitation.
Depends on the denial. A co-worker of mine got denied in LA 10+ years ago and got his permit few years ago. The denial was because he lived in LA county not because of his background. On the application, it does ask if you have ever applied and got denied, if so, explain...

I "personally" think your future IA won't hold this against you because you got a denial due to your county and their non-issue policy.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-12-2019, 1:48 PM
baggss's Avatar
baggss baggss is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Eastern Ventura County
Posts: 3,228
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Just out of curiosity, do you not have a garage to park your car in?
__________________
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-12-2019, 2:05 PM
Erion929's Avatar
Erion929 Erion929 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So. Orange County, CA.
Posts: 3,978
iTrader: 64 / 100%
Default

Yeah, you’re not going to get a CCW off that, so don’t bother getting a denial.

I’d beef up you driveway security, though....yikes


.
__________________
Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


—“Who, that fuggin’ nobody?

—“That fuggin’ nobody........was John Wick!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-12-2019, 3:03 PM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixx1320 View Post
Depends on the denial. A co-worker of mine got denied in LA 10+ years ago and got his permit few years ago. The denial was because he lived in LA county not because of his background. On the application, it does ask if you have ever applied and got denied, if so, explain...



I "personally" think your future IA won't hold this against you because you got a denial due to your county and their non-issue policy.
Thanks man appreciate it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-12-2019, 3:04 PM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you not have a garage to park your car in?
4 cars in the driveway so no room. Wish I did though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-12-2019, 3:06 PM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
Yeah, you’re not going to get a CCW off that, so don’t bother getting a denial.



I’d beef up you driveway security, though....yikes





.
Yeah that's why I installed CCTV cameras, new metal gate, and still they managed get in! Like a moth to a flame.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-12-2019, 5:13 PM
caliberetta's Avatar
caliberetta caliberetta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 107 / 100%
Default

Maybe its time to move?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-13-2019, 9:48 PM
starlight starlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

- please install LIGHTS
- LOTS OF THEM
- criminals HATE lights (like cock-a-roaches)

- install bright LEDS pointing at all your cars/driveway
- then install extra motion lights to light it up even brighter under movement/motion

- then install cams

- IF you get the thieves on camera, hire a PI to track the plates and bring a CIVIL suit against them











.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-13-2019, 10:22 PM
Win231 Win231 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,025
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliberetta View Post
Maybe its time to move?
Yeah....like there are places that are crime free.

Like that guy who read that most accidents happen within 10 miles of home - so he moved 11 miles away.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-13-2019, 10:27 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 6,052
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

OP said:

Quote:
Funny thing is, on the 3rd break-in one of the perps dropped his bank card in the driveway and I showed the police. They told me a bird could have picked it up somewhere and dropped it in my driveway. I knew I was screwed with that explanation
Exactly parallels my experience with LBPD as a "former" property owner there.

"WWOS"...... [Worthless Waste of Sperm] is descriptive acronym that comes to mind whenever I think of LBPD and a sad history of "PPS" [Piss Poor Service] from them.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-13-2019, 10:47 PM
sfe187 sfe187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 728
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Its expensive but how about putting up a wall or fence and massive lights with sensors aiming out the sidewalks and street so every time any car or anyone walks by the security lights comes on bright. Otherwise, move to a better neighborhood, LBC is getting worst . . .
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-14-2019, 12:24 AM
tdo7125 tdo7125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Long Beach/Orange County
Posts: 111
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
- please install LIGHTS
- LOTS OF THEM
- criminals HATE lights (like cock-a-roaches)

- install bright LEDS pointing at all your cars/driveway
- then install extra motion lights to light it up even brighter under movement/motion

- then install cams

- IF you get the thieves on camera, hire a PI to track the plates and bring a CIVIL suit against them











.
Thanks man

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.