Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkar View Post
thats badass, where did you get the engraving done?
OC Custom Coatings now offers custom engraving. Call or PM Paul. It is a new process he now offers.
Old 10-07-2013, 8:48 PM

Quote:
What's that 13 for?
13 has been my athletic number since I was 5 years old. Now my kids have adopted the number also. I have that exact logo on my softball bats, atv's, tool boxes, etc.

Thanks for asking.
Old 10-07-2013, 8:52 PM

Quote:
thats badass, where did you get the engraving done?
Wait until my Part 2 review. I have a small vid clip of the actual laser engraving going down on one of my lowers. Really cool process. I just have to figure out how to embed videos on here.
Old 10-09-2013, 8:40 AM

Default OC Custom Coatings Review - Part 2

Part 1 of the OC Custom Coatings review is on post #73 of this thread.

Here is Part 2 of the review:

Paul's communication has not changed. Dude gets back to you on any question. I like to use email as my main form of communication and Paul obliged. He emails me daily with status updates, pics and vids. You can't beat that.

Paul is an artist. He helped me with my ideas to make it work on a lower. Paul understands the artistic side of his business. He know what color combinations work and will create "one-off" color combinations as seen in my lowers.

Here are the pics to show his attention to detail and incorporating real-world art in to one crazy man's ideas and making these lowers just plain gorgeous.

BEFORE PICS @ ARMS SPECIALTY & TOOL (GABE'S SHOP)

HANGING OUT AFTER BEAD BLASTING AND PREP

CERAKOTING IN PROCESS

More pics to follow in the next post.

-Ron
Old 10-09-2013, 8:51 AM

MORE BEFORE PICS

FINAL INSPECTION OF ALL TOLERANCES AFTER CERAKOTING

Paul inspects every item with a flashlight for proper and uniform coating to meet the tolerances needed to make the lower in to a weapon. Every item gets thoroughly inspected after each step in the prep and coating process to ensure consistent quality.

AFTER PICS

My Remington 887 NitroMag and my Smith & Wesson 686 is the next in line.

Damn, better save up!

-Ron
Old 10-09-2013, 9:32 AM

I got some short vids of the process.

Does anyone know how to imbed videos in to a post?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsomonster View Post
I got some short vids of the process.

Does anyone know how to imbed videos in to a post?
You can use YouTube - or upload to photobucket and link here
Old 10-09-2013, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
You can use YouTube - or upload to photobucket and link here
Thanks, I will try the photobucket thing.
Old 10-12-2013, 8:09 PM
Made in the USA

Paul, do you have any OC Custom Coating shirts?... long sleeve T-shirt with the logo would be cool! I'd buy one if available...
Old 10-13-2013, 2:02 AM

tagged
Old 10-23-2013, 12:05 AM

Hi Friends, our shop in the process of moving to a larger location. As soon as we know the lease is finalized we will release the new address and opening date along with other info. We will still be in north Orange County and we expect to open by Monday December 2nd if not sooner.

We originally hoped to move without any downtime, but we will have to take a few weeks off in order to finalize the paperwork and licensing along with building a spray booth and getting everything wired and setup at the new location.

We really appreciate your patience during this time of transition. We believe we will be able to better serve our customers after this move and we look forward to working with all of you in the very near future.

In the meantime we have a couple options to help with your coating needs. We have started a sign up list so that you can save a spot in line once we reopen our doors. Please feel free to email, PM, or call and let us know if you want to be on the list and what items you want coated.

The other option, if you want your items coated sooner, is to contact our Washington location. We have a fully licensed shop in Washington State under the name MAD Custom Coating. MAD Custom Coating also produces high quality Cerakote finishes among other services. I can say with confidence that both OC Custom Coating and MAD Custom Coating produce the highest quality finishes in the industry. I have not found another shop that can compare with the quality of work that our companies produce. You can view some of the work produced by MAD Custom Coating on their website at: http://www.madcustomcoating.com
Old 10-23-2013, 5:50 AM
Made in the USA

PM sent for spot on waiting list... I look forward to your new shop!
Old 11-05-2013, 9:48 AM

Hi Calgunners,

Here is an update regarding our move into our new facility...

We recently ironed out all the details and came to a verbal agreement on the lease terms with our new landlord. The landlord is drawing up the lease agreement and we hope to have it signed by the end of this week. We will still be in North Orange County area and just a short distance from our current shop.

We had originally planned to move without any time gaps in our production. However, due to city licensing and construction at the new facility, we will have to close for a short period of time before reopening in our new location. We expect to be up and running again by Monday December 2nd.

We are having a spray booth and media blasting booth built along with vents that need to be installed to exhaust these rooms out of the building. We recently met with our contractor in order to write up the plans and move forward with the construction.

The ATF has already approved our new location and the FFL is already in place. We are currently working on the city license and requirements.

We are on track to complete all of these items during the month of November and our tentative date to reopen is Monday December 2nd.

In the meantime we have started a "waiting list" for clients who know they want to have items coated by OC Custom Coating and are willing to wait till we reopen at our new location. By placing your name on the waiting list you are able to reserve your place in line when we reopen. If you want to be included on this waiting list, please PM us or send an email to info@occustomcoating.com and let us know what items you want coated. We will provide you with a quote for the work and secure your position in line.

Thank you for your interest in OC Custom Coating!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:44 AM

Does cerakote come in any 'high gloss' type finishes? Namely, blueing type?

Where will the new shop be located? Can you reveal address yet?

Thanks and congrats on the expansion!

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2003
Old 11-21-2013, 8:24 AM

tagged for later, good looking work.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavgrunt View Post
Does cerakote come in any 'high gloss' type finishes? Namely, blueing type?

Where will the new shop be located? Can you reveal address yet?

Thanks and congrats on the expansion!
Cerakote makes a color called Socom Blue which is the closest to blueing in color. I can increase the gloss level on it in order to maximize the sheen if you want.

I'm hoping to write an update and release our new address tomorrow. I apologize for the delay and I appreciate everyone's patience. We've been working 12+ hours each day in order to meet all our deadlines. I will get some additional details out soon.

Thank you
Old 11-23-2013, 9:54 PM

Hi Calgunners,

I am proud to announce that OC Custom Coating will be teaming up with Ed's Tactical Armory. We will be located at: 711 W Orangethorpe Ave., Placentia, CA 92870
Our hours of operation will be the same as Ed's Tactical which is Tues-Fri from 10am-7pm and Saturday from 10am-6pm (Closed on Sun & Mon).

Ed's Tactical is both a gun store and firearms manufacturer. They manufacture high quality AR lower receivers (both serialized lowers and 80% lowers).

OC Custom is located inside of Ed's Tactical. you can find us by coming into the storefront and asking for OC Custom Coating.

I believe that our companies will compliment each other and our customers will have one place that will accommodate many of their firearm needs.

Our coating shop is still under construction and we expect to reopen on Tuesday December 3rd. We currently have the majority of the construction and electrical complete. This coming week we have many smaller tasks to complete including building multiple workbenches, running compressed air through the shop, installing equipment & safes, and general shop organization.

I want to thank all of you for your patience during this time of transition. We are a small family owned company that is dedicated to producing the highest quality coatings in the industry.

We have started a waiting list for those who want to reserve their place in line after we reopen. Our waiting list is currently booked up through the end of December. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to save a place in line.

If you are looking to give the gift of coating as a holiday present then please feel free to contact me regarding our Gift Cards, which are available in any dollar amount and never expire.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2013, 7:30 AM

Great Communication Paul!

I look forward to bringing more of my firearms your way.

CalGunners, Paul and OC Custom Coatings are GOOD TO GO. His work is top notch and has performed custom work on my firearms. Don't hesitate to do business with this outfit. The new shop will only enhance the business experience and having a true gunshop will make it easier on us as customers. Gotta love the one stop shopping!'

As you can tell, I am a big fan. 6 lowers completed, 2 full rifles in the process, a LONG wishlist of stuff waiting in line to get done up.

-Ron
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM

I just dropped off my upper/lower and rail. Paul wasn't in but Ed's staff is very friendly. Can't wait to get it back! I'll post pics when it's reassembled.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrivera1 View Post
I just dropped off my upper/lower and rail. Paul wasn't in but Ed's staff is very friendly. Can't wait to get it back! I'll post pics when it's reassembled.
Thank you for bringing in your parts. The employees at Ed's Tactical Armory will be helping out with receiving parts from our clients. There is just a small group of employees at Ed's Tactical and they are all very friendly, knowledgeable, and trustworthy. You can feel confident leaving your items with any of them.

I will be in and out of the shop this week (and probably for the next few weeks) due to necessary errands and tasks for the new shop. If anyone wants to ensure that they meet with me in person then feel free to email or PM and we can setup an appointment. Thank you
Old 12-03-2013, 1:22 PM
Made in the USA

WooHoo! OCC is back in biz

I'm takin' another gun in today... this time a pistol...

Here's a testament to Orange County Custom Coatings' OUTSTANDING Customer Service... I had a Benelli MR1 in right before they moved shop... Paul gave me the option to wait till the move or send to their sister company in WA (MAD Custom Coatings) at no additional cost ... I opted to send to WA...

The quality is awesome! (the black chevrons and upper portion on butt-stock were taped off - I'm amazed how well it turned out)... there were a couple minor snafus, but Paul (with his typical exceptional customer service) has agreed to take care of 'em...

Here are a couple pics of the MR1 (as usual, my crappy photog skills do the cerakote job no justice)

Old 12-07-2013, 7:23 PM

I have yet to get there but will find something.
Old 12-09-2013, 7:22 AM

[QUOTE=LBDamned;12899788]WooHoo! OCC is back in biz

I'm takin' another gun in today... this time a pistol...

Here's a testament to Orange County Custom Coatings' OUTSTANDING Customer Service... I had a Benelli MR1 in right before they moved shop... Paul gave me the option to wait till the move or send to their sister company in WA (MAD Custom Coatings) at no additional cost ... I opted to send to WA...

The quality is awesome! (the black chevrons and upper portion on butt-stock were taped off - I'm amazed how well it turned out)... there were a couple minor snafus, but Paul (with his typical exceptional customer service) has agreed to take care of 'em...

Here are a couple pics of the MR1 (as usual, my crappy photog skills do the cerakote job no justice)

That MR1 turned out BADAZZ. Both his SoCal and his Washington shops are top notch. I have 2 full AR builds with Paul right now. I can't wait to see what the finished products will look like.

Paul will coat almost anything that can be coated. I will be sending him car parts, ATV parts, golf clubs (shafts), sunglasses and of course my firearms to receive that OCC treatment. I have to bide my time. I don't want to pay for a divorce and custom coating at the same time!

Post More Pics!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 1:01 PM

Just got back my upper/lower receivers and hand guard from Paul the other day. I wanted to take photos that does this man justice. Cerakoted in Magpul FDE. Excellent customer service and standup guy. I highly recommend OC Custom Coating to anyone.

Old 12-16-2013, 1:14 PM
Made in the USA

^^^looks great!!!

Nice photog skills too! I need to get a photo-shoot done - all my pics are crap... I've considered getting decent camera and learning photography - but not sure I want another expensive hobby
Old 12-16-2013, 1:20 PM

Sweet 9mm AR.

I have that caliber slated for one my 80%'s coated by OCC.

Can't wait!
Old 12-16-2013, 1:54 PM

Is that magpul trigger guard also cerekoted or is it just the one that already comes in fde? can the enhanced aluminum one be coated?
Old 12-16-2013, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^looks great!!!

Nice photog skills too! I need to get a photo-shoot done - all my pics are crap... I've considered getting decent camera and learning photography - but not sure I want another expensive hobby
Thanks! This is a small little side gig I have. I usually do family and a little glam but I dig getting shots of the 2A toys. Photography is an expensive hobby, but not nearly as bad as shooting. If you can scrape $1k for a entry SLR and a decent lens, you're in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsomonster View Post
Sweet 9mm AR.

I have that caliber slated for one my 80%'s coated by OCC.

Can't wait!
I definitely recommend going the 9mm route. You can take it to any range and the ammos a little cheaper. Post up pics when it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls204 View Post
Is that magpul trigger guard also cerekoted or is it just the one that already comes in fde? can the enhanced aluminum one be coated?
I ended up going with a cheap plastic one in FDE because well, I got a good deal on it. I'm willing to bet the aluminum one can be coated.
Old 12-16-2013, 2:51 PM

Quote:
I ended up going with a cheap plastic one in FDE because well, I got a good deal on it. I'm willing to bet the aluminum one can be coated.
It matches perfectly. I'm planning on going burnt bronze with mine and my black polymer one isn't going to match well...so it's good to hear that the aluminum one can probably be coated.
Old 12-19-2013, 9:35 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Thanks! This is a small little side gig I have. I usually do family and a little glam but I dig getting shots of the 2A toys. Photography is an expensive hobby, but not nearly as bad as shooting. If you can scrape $1k for a entry SLR and a decent lens, you're in business.
interested in doing a shoot of my firearms?... I'd pay for your time of course...
Old 12-20-2013, 9:04 PM

^pm sent
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 PM

If you can do Kryptek Highlander. You have my business.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

A set of Glocks with the slides refinished in burnt bronze by Paul. Awesome work and definitely put some life back into them.

Old 01-11-2014, 4:11 PM
Made in the USA

Bump for OCCC...

C'mon guys, let's see some more custom coating pics!

BTW, Paul - the logo is so cool, how about throwing in a sticker with each order I have boatloads from other vendors & manufacturers... need one/some for OC Custom Coating!!!

Last edited by LBDamned; 01-11-2014 at 4:14 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 PM

Hey Friends, thank you for all the posts and comments.

Due to high demand we are setting up an engraving day at OC Custom Coating. Our engraver, Charlie, will spend a full day at our shop and he will be doing engravings on site. We are hoping to make this a monthly event if there are enough requests. If you have a firearm or anything that you want to engrave, please contact our OC Custom Coating and give us the specifics of your engraving job and we can get you a quote. There is limited space available so reserve your spot soon.

Charlie does amazing work with a high powered laser engraver. His standard engraving is done at about 2x the depth of the average engraving. Below are just a few pics of his work. Charlie is able to bring a 3 dimensional look to engraved images. This is something most engraving shops are unable to do. Here's the info for the engraving day:

When: Tuesday, January 28th 9am-7pm (we prefer the parts to be dropped off prior to this date if possible)
Where: OC Custom Coating located at 711 W Orangethorpe Ave., Placentia, CA 92870 (located inside Ed's Tactical Armory)

Cut clear through the magwell for a unique custom look:

There's no color fill on this one. The different shades were all done with the laser:

The logo on the left is what was given to Charlie and the engraving on the right is what he produced:

There's no color fill on this one either. Charlie is truly an artist with his engraving techniques:
Old 01-16-2014, 1:55 AM

Well Damn, finally some real engraving, not the usual light amateur scratches from others.

Awesome work, now I have to come up with something!

I take it you're not here for the alcohol or the tobacco
Old 01-16-2014, 5:08 AM

Haha, didn't I JUST ask you for an engraving service too? Count me in for a quote. I'll pm you for a quote later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 5:43 AM
Made in the USA

WoW!!! That is some impressive work!

I have a couple ideas Paul (one to possibly go with the next project bring dropped off)... Please pencil me in on the list - we can discuss when I pick up & drop off on Sat.

Thanks for the great custom options! You're making me broke though
Old 01-16-2014, 8:36 AM

Sign Me Up I'm in for the engraving. Email on the way
Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

sent you a PM.