Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2022, 9:18 AM
MrFancyPants's Avatar
MrFancyPants MrFancyPants is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,037
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default And now, a word from God

I have the Bible app on my phone and every day I get a notification referencing a verse to think about. Today's was particularly relevant to what's happening in our country today, wanted to share. If you don't believe God is real, and can't be convinced otherwise, feel free to move on. Otherwise if you're having a hard time understanding why our society is unraveling, it's the turning away from God and righteousness that is the cause. This country has brought damnation upon itself. But it's never too late to pray for forgiveness. Ensure your own salvation first and foremost, and pray for the rest.

Last edited by MrFancyPants; 05-14-2022 at 9:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2022, 9:23 AM
BigStiCK's Avatar
BigStiCK BigStiCK is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ReTard Capital of the World
Posts: 3,292
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

It was easier to just follow God on Twitter but then they banned him for hate speech. He’s on Parler now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2022, 10:17 AM
TKM's Avatar
TKM TKM is offline
F it, we're doing it live
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
Posts: 9,729
iTrader: 72 / 100%
Default

I liked the Batman Vs. Superman issue.
__________________
"During my twelve-and-half years as a member of this body, I have never believed that additional gun control or federal registration of guns would reduce crime. I am convinced that a criminal who wants a firearm can get one through illegal, untraceable, unregistered sources, with or without gun control."

Senator Joe Biden, on the senate floor, July 9th 1985.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Barang's Avatar
Barang Barang is offline
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Temporary here on earth
Posts: 6,939
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

dems demonic verse: democrats exalt sin, but condemn righteousness that leads to a nation's downfall.
__________________
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It’s very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. ~ Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2022, 11:33 AM
RandyD's Avatar
RandyD RandyD is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La Jolla, California
Posts: 6,305
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

We did not get here overnight. We have been gradually moving away from God for many decades. Today, we are accelerating away from Him. We are at a point where many do not care about Him, or what is right and wrong. Our standards of conduct have greatly diminished. Even our law enforcement institutions have been corrupted and at best can only be described as complacent. All of this gives the godless license to commit more crimes and more horrendous crimes. The Bible has prophecies about this. I believe we are in the end times and that our country will not return to our old ways of living.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2022, 2:22 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,117
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Righteous exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people, per KJV is the way I learned it. Same result, sin vs righteousness.

Psalm 1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-19-2022, 4:19 PM
Handshaker Handshaker is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Free In AZ
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
We did not get here overnight. We have been gradually moving away from God for many decades. Today, we are accelerating away from Him. We are at a point where many do not care about Him, or what is right and wrong. Our standards of conduct have greatly diminished. Even our law enforcement institutions have been corrupted and at best can only be described as complacent. All of this gives the godless license to commit more crimes and more horrendous crimes. The Bible has prophecies about this. I believe we are in the end times and that our country will not return to our old ways of living.
Agree, you can see the political climate drastically change and everything is fighting against the truths of God. What was honorable and true is now a punch line. I like watching Ray Comfort on youtube and how he talks about not taking the lords name in vane, ever. I caught myself casually doing the same although not trying to disrespect our creator. I have since corrected that behavior. One of my favorite songs is "man in the Mirror" By MJ. Its a good song to keep our egos in check.
__________________
Some People will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons. Denzel Washington
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-19-2022, 4:22 PM
DaveInOroValley's Avatar
DaveInOroValley DaveInOroValley is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a free state as of 2020
Posts: 7,937
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

All I can say is that I have observed the power of prayer more than one time in the last 15 years.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-19-2022, 4:45 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 4,201
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

it is hard to say for sure...but i believe there is evidence...
immorality and sexual freedom led to single mothers, which led to what we have today...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-19-2022, 5:28 PM
Handshaker Handshaker is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Free In AZ
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
it is hard to say for sure...but i believe there is evidence...
immorality and sexual freedom led to single mothers, which led to what we have today...
AND, Once you take the 10 commandments away, there is nothing left for kids to know right and wrong. Coupled with a no spanking society, its bound to become evil.
__________________
Some People will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons. Denzel Washington
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-19-2022, 5:43 PM
spectralhunter's Avatar
spectralhunter spectralhunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 519
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

“if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

**2 Chronicles‬ *7:14‬ *ESV‬‬


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-19-2022, 5:48 PM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralhunter View Post
“if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

**2 Chronicles‬ *7:14‬ *ESV‬‬


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That was for the nation of Israel, which we are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-19-2022, 7:43 PM
spectralhunter's Avatar
spectralhunter spectralhunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 519
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
That was for the nation of Israel, which we are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. But that doesn’t mean we cannot apply it’s message to God’s people today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2022, 8:04 PM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralhunter View Post
True. But that doesn’t mean we cannot apply it’s message to God’s people today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How does it apply? America isn't Israel. America isn't God's people. We don't have a national covenant with God that we abandoned. That's the context.

Are we saying if God's people - the church - repent, then God will heal America (what exactly would he heal? Jesus never healed a character...), even though the other half of the country remains in extraordinary wickedness and unbelief?

I'm not trolling here. I don't see how this applies to America and it's Christian inhabitants. It is often used as a prooftext from some pulpits for a form of revivalistic purposes.

Heck, half the Christians on this board are guilty of Trumpolotry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-19-2022, 8:18 PM
spectralhunter's Avatar
spectralhunter spectralhunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 519
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
How does it apply? America isn't Israel. America isn't God's people. We don't have a national covenant with God that we abandoned. That's the context.

Are we saying if God's people - the church - repent, then God will heal America (what exactly would he heal? Jesus never healed a character...), even though the other half of the country remains in extraordinary wickedness and unbelief?

I'm not trolling here. I don't see how this applies to America and it's Christian inhabitants. It is often used as a prooftext from some pulpits for a form of revivalistic purposes.

Heck, half the Christians on this board are guilty of Trumpolotry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps we should pray for the other half that remains in wickedness and sin. Perhaps then God will bring restoration to His people by removing some of our cynicism and anger?

Perhaps as you pray with hope, your heart will be mended and restored?

As I said, you are right. America is not Israel. But that doesn’t mean we can’t apply some of the principles and lessons taught to Israel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-20-2022, 6:04 AM
Handshaker Handshaker is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Free In AZ
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I agree with Spectralhunter. We can apply the promises about Israel to us. In the verses Acts 10:9-11:18 Peter was told " “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”. This was clearly meant to show Peter and the church that Gods people and Israel and now one, We are all Gods people with no distinction whether Jew or Greek. Theological scholars take this view which meaning is clear in the scriptures.
28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.
__________________
Some People will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons. Denzel Washington
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-20-2022, 7:38 AM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handshaker View Post
I agree with Spectralhunter. We can apply the promises about Israel to us. In the verses Acts 10:9-11:18 Peter was told " “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”. This was clearly meant to show Peter and the church that Gods people and Israel and now one, We are all Gods people with no distinction whether Jew or Greek. Theological scholars take this view which meaning is clear in the scriptures.
28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

This both misses the point and ignores the difficult questions I stated above. I know there is a deep desire for a spiritual formula to cure America, but it's more evangelical mythology than proper theology.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-20-2022, 8:24 AM
Handshaker Handshaker is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Free In AZ
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
This both misses the point and ignores the difficult questions I stated above. I know there is a deep desire for a spiritual formula to cure America, but it's more evangelical mythology than proper theology.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not sure where you are coming from and i am not trying to be argumentative. Your questions make no sense to me. Growing up being a Christian these truths are true to me. American does needs healing, we are not talking about a physical healing but a spiritual healing to turn back to him. I also dont know what you mean about Jesus never healed a character.
A large part of his ministry was healing people, its all over the new testament. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. "Half the nation is evil", i suspect its much higher than that but we are all responsible for our own actions, not our neighbors. I also think you are confusing the Gov with individuals. We were founded on Christian beliefs and most have strayed far from that. So are we a Christian Nation? Yes and No. Our Gov. has strayed away from the "in God We trust" to a much more atheistic view, that doesn't mean we are all atheists.
"We don't have a national covenant with God that we abandoned" What do you mean "We" I never abandoned God nor any of my Christian brothers. God Doesn't bless a whole country for the belief of a few. And remember, the majority of Jews in Israel dont believe Jesus was the Messiah. So how are they a Christian Nation? They are not. But they are his people.
__________________
Some People will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons. Denzel Washington
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-20-2022, 9:50 AM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handshaker View Post
I am not sure where you are coming from and i am not trying to be argumentative. Your questions make no sense to me. Growing up being a Christian these truths are true to me. American does needs healing, we are not talking about a physical healing but a spiritual healing to turn back to him. I also dont know what you mean about Jesus never healed a character.
A large part of his ministry was healing people, its all over the new testament. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. "Half the nation is evil", i suspect its much higher than that but we are all responsible for our own actions, not our neighbors. I also think you are confusing the Gov with individuals. We were founded on Christian beliefs and most have strayed far from that. So are we a Christian Nation? Yes and No. Our Gov. has strayed away from the "in God We trust" to a much more atheistic view, that doesn't mean we are all atheists.
"We don't have a national covenant with God that we abandoned" What do you mean "We" I never abandoned God nor any of my Christian brothers. God Doesn't bless a whole country for the belief of a few. And remember, the majority of Jews in Israel dont believe Jesus was the Messiah. So how are they a Christian Nation? They are not. But they are his people.

https://youtu.be/K1rJkM9zkUk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2022, 4:19 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,117
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

The off course Bible mis reader rides/posts again.

Psalm 1
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-27-2022, 6:05 AM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 3,063
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralhunter View Post
“if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” **2 Chronicles‬ *7:14‬ *ESV‬‬


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
That was for the nation of Israel, which we are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@1911RONIN - Then by that logic, the Ten Commandments no longer apply. But we all know that is not true.

Here is the verse again with the oft missed point in bold...

“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles‬ 7:14‬

Who is this "My people"? The believer. It is down to us, (You and I) and not the sinner and not the lost. God does not listen to their prayer.

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear" (Psalm 66:18).

"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear" (Isaiah 59:2).

"Because I [Wisdom] have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke.... Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me" (Proverbs 1:24-25, 28).

"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination" (Proverbs 28:9).

"But they refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear. Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Thus great wrath came from the Lord of hosts. Therefore it happened, that just as He proclaimed and they would not hear, so they called out and I would not listen," says the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 7:11-13).


Longer list here: Does-God-answer-the-prayers-of-unbelievers?

Therefore, this healing of a nation is up to God's people. God's Word is truth and His truth remains forever. The old testament is our teacher and instructor. The healing of our nation promised in 2 Chronicles 7:14 is up to all us believers, our prayers, our humbleness and our turning away from our sins. God promises to hear us from heaven if we do so. He is not a liar.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." Isaiah 40:8
__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-27-2022, 3:22 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,117
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

God DOES answer the prayer of unbelievers asking Him for help to become believers and turn their lives around, how else does ahem " sinners " become free from their sins ?

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 05-27-2022 at 3:22 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-27-2022, 3:40 PM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
@1911RONIN - Then by that logic, the Ten Commandments no longer apply. But we all know that is not true.

Here is the verse again with the oft missed point in bold...

“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles‬ 7:14‬

Who is this "My people"? The believer. It is down to us, (You and I) and not the sinner and not the lost. God does not listen to their prayer.

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear" (Psalm 66:18).

"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear" (Isaiah 59:2).

"Because I [Wisdom] have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke.... Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me" (Proverbs 1:24-25, 28).

"One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination" (Proverbs 28:9).

"But they refused to heed, shrugged their shoulders, and stopped their ears so that they could not hear. Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the law and the words which the Lord of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Thus great wrath came from the Lord of hosts. Therefore it happened, that just as He proclaimed and they would not hear, so they called out and I would not listen," says the Lord of hosts." (Zechariah 7:11-13).


Longer list here: Does-God-answer-the-prayers-of-unbelievers?

Therefore, this healing of a nation is up to God's people. God's Word is truth and His truth remains forever. The old testament is our teacher and instructor. The healing of our nation promised in 2 Chronicles 7:14 is up to all us believers, our prayers, our humbleness and our turning away from our sins. God promises to hear us from heaven if we do so. He is not a liar.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sloppy hermeneutics. You literally just constructed an interpretation in the fashion of “context be damned!”

What is “their land”? And aren’t our sins already forgiven? What wickedness do you need to turn from?

If God doesn’t hear the unbeliever, how does anyone enter the kingdom of God?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-27-2022, 4:04 PM
kingransom's Avatar
kingransom kingransom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ventura county
Posts: 1,849
iTrader: 120 / 100%
Default

Uh yah....cuz religion has no responsibility for the many millions of deaths carried out in the name of God.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-27-2022, 4:24 PM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 3,063
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
God DOES answer the prayer of unbelievers asking Him for help to become believers and turn their lives around, how else does ahem " sinners " become free from their sins ?

Psalm 1
Of course he does. Redemption from sin is not the subject. I posted scripture that says God does not hear the prayers of the unrepentant. Did you read them? Because the plain text makes common sense.
__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-27-2022, 4:48 PM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
Uh yah....cuz religion has no responsibility for the many millions of deaths carried out in the name of God.

No one is making this argument. It’s trite and a straw man fallacy. Stop using it. There is no statistically significant difference between religious violence and non religious violence. The 20th century makes this blindingly obvious.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-28-2022, 2:45 PM
RandyD's Avatar
RandyD RandyD is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La Jolla, California
Posts: 6,305
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
That was for the nation of Israel, which we are not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that verse is applicable to wherever His church can be found.

In America, the church is God's people. I believe this country has been blessed with freedom because this country was settled by people who belonged to His church. Satan has had an ongoing attack on this country since it was founded. Satan is prevailing, he has taken over the democrat party, they have taken over our educational system, they have been teaching principles of darkness for a long time and now we are experiencing the rot of those principles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-28-2022, 4:13 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,117
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

# 35 Kokopelli. sorry Bro, I missed your intent. Those who reject His counsel, are not heard until they accept His counsel. I agree.

Psalm 1
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-28-2022, 4:29 PM
wpage's Avatar
wpage wpage is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,010
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

God takes care of His own...
__________________
God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-28-2022, 4:37 PM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
I believe that verse is applicable to wherever His church can be found.

In America, the church is God's people. I believe this country has been blessed with freedom because this country was settled by people who belonged to His church. Satan has had an ongoing attack on this country since it was founded. Satan is prevailing, he has taken over the democrat party, they have taken over our educational system, they have been teaching principles of darkness for a long time and now we are experiencing the rot of those principles.

What you believe isn’t as important as what the Bible teaches. In context. It’s a nice sounding verse but it’s not thought through by most who claim it. See my posts above including a video link with a biblically sound explanation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-28-2022, 7:29 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,117
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Why would any of us check out your video link, much of your " STUFF " is in the view of several of us, just YOUR point of view. Good and makes Biblical sense RandyD what you posted. Mr Ronin likes to stir the pot often.

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 05-28-2022 at 7:30 PM.. Reason: sentence structure
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-28-2022, 8:01 PM
1911RONIN's Avatar
1911RONIN 1911RONIN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
Why would any of us check out your video link, much of your " STUFF " is in the view of several of us, just YOUR point of view. Good and makes Biblical sense RandyD what you posted. Mr Ronin likes to stir the pot often.

Psalm 1

I love calguns Christians. They just make it up as they go along. No danger of decent theology anywhere. I'm sure half of them believe Jesus was white, American and a CCW holder.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"...for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-28-2022, 9:24 PM
pbsmind's Avatar
pbsmind pbsmind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orange County
Posts: 523
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Please watch the video to the end. Also please read the whole chapter: 2 Chronicles 7

Please let the Bible inform you what it is saying, understanding historical context and not reading your own experiences and modern times into God’s word.

This is specifically for the nation of Israel. We can see God’s character in this verse and find application there, but the USA cannot claim this promise. There is no temple here, nor land promise.

Should we still pray for repentance, yes! Should we pray for our leaders, those in government, yes!

But please don’t proof text, plucking verses out of context. A good minimum practice is the 20/20 rule. Read the 20 verses before and after the verse for context.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-29-2022, 4:25 AM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 3,063
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
# 35 Kokopelli. sorry Bro, I missed your intent. Those who reject His counsel, are not heard until they accept His counsel. I agree.

Psalm 1
No problem my friend. GTG
__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-01-2022, 6:14 PM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Democratic People’s Republic of Gavin
Posts: 3,355
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

God got “kicked out” everywhere, the second Eve gave the Apple to Adam. It’s been going downhill ever since.
__________________



“Pay attention. I’m educating you and I’m using small words.” -Mark Levin


”Enraging liberals is simply one of the more enjoyable side effects of my wisdom.” -Rush R.I.P.


-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-01-2022, 7:44 PM
Garand Hunter Garand Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,117
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

M Ronin, I am not a Calguns Christian. I have been a believer in the life and death and rising from the dead of Jesus Christ looong time before Calguns and you began to exist, You have no clue what I believe as a Christian and are not a judge of my theology or that of any other poster on this site. Run your mouth/fingers on your keyboard any way you want, just remember who you are not! Jesus a CCR holder eh ? Swords held the defense option until the Chinese created gun powder.

Psalm 1
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-07-2022, 6:13 AM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 3,063
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
God got “kicked out” everywhere, the second Eve gave the Apple to Adam. It’s been going downhill ever since.
I had to re-read that a couple of times. I thought, "There were two Eve's?" Ha, ha! Oh! the moment Eve gave the apple to Adam. Got it.

Must. Get. More. Coffee.
__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:39 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical