Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Calguns Addict

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Pinckney+MI+48169 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

According to this, Hell is currently frozen, so what's the delay now?
In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.
Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.
Old 12-08-2010, 6:10 PM

If I remember correctly, it requires a flood and then a freeze. It's not only the temp that establishes that it has frozen _over_.

I'm a former Michigander, albeit not from Hell MI.
x7
Old 12-08-2010, 6:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We have good cause info in hand, but it will take a couple of weeks to redact and scan. Please stay patient - Santa Clara is on the radar.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-08-2010, 6:16 PM

i hope more people will get ccw in Santa Clara eventually! Sheriff Laurie Smith is actually awesome and i love it that there is a female sheriff there, and actually it is not her but all the liberal people in Santa Clara that are the ones who don't want ccw. i think if things change, she would give lots of ccw's!!
Old 12-08-2010, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute2Shoot View Post
i hope more people will get ccw in Santa Clara eventually! Sheriff Laurie Smith is actually awesome and i love it that there is a female sheriff there, and actually it is not her but all the liberal people in Santa Clara that are the ones who don't want ccw. i think if things change, she would give lots of ccw's!!
Seriously? Not sure if you're joking or not. Sheriff Smith is absolutely anti CCW unless of course you concede to her corrupt ways. A mere $5k "campaign donation" is sure to get you a CCW in SCC. I wouldn't be surprised if she lands in jail at some point in the forseeable future.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"

Last edited by ColdDeadHands1; 12-08-2010 at 6:37 PM..
Old 12-08-2010, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We have good cause info in hand, but it will take a couple of weeks to redact and scan. Please stay patient - Santa Clara is on the radar.
This is absolutely great news Brandon. Finally some visible movement on SCC! I already have my app filled out and am waiting for the word.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Old 12-08-2010, 7:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
This is absolutely great news Brandon. Finally some visible movement on SCC! I already have my app filled out and am waiting for the word.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
You might have to fill out your app again, but glad you're ready to roll.

Quote:
I really have to ask you what you're basing your assertions on. We have real data which shows otherwise. If you have something tangible, please PM me as I'm very curious as to what evidence you have that would suggest Sheriff Smith is even mildly pro-CCW.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-08-2010, 8:10 PM

Default Tax deductible??

Quote:
Seriously? Not sure if you're joking or not. Sheriff Smith is absolutely anti CCW unless of course you concede to her corrupt ways. A mere $5k "campaign donation" is sure to get you a CCW in SCC. I wouldn't be surprised if she lands in jail at some point in the forseeable future.
Is it tax deductible?
x7
Old 12-08-2010, 8:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
2C2S, if you want to help more people get CCWs, you could start by using my "business card fliers" (see my 15 things YOU CAN DO linked in my sig line), to share w/people about what CGF is trying to accomplish. Again, today, I met another total stranger (he was wearing a camo baseball hat), struck up a conversation, and 5 min later had another "convert." If you choose your "targets" its like shooting fish in a barrel. More ideas can be found here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=362574

Sheriff Smith can change things anytime she wants. She could start accepting self-defense for GC right now if she wanted. That way people who want a CCW could actually get one. She could even start w/baby steps like posting some -- any! -- information about CCWs on their website. But she has chosen not to.

Unfortunately, I think you've made a different choice than Luke . . . .

Old 12-08-2010, 8:20 PM

Quote:
You might have to fill out your app again, but glad you're ready to roll.
The next question is, where can one go to practice the drill for qualifying... Not that the reqs are very high, but when I went to the range to test myself on the SCC Sheriff reqs, I got in trouble for firing too fast. 10 shots in 20 seconds is too fast.
x7

Last edited by tabrisnet; 12-09-2010 at 1:03 PM.. Reason: lack of spall chucking.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 PM
In Memoriam
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrisnet View Post
The next question is, where can one go to practice the drill for qualifying... Not that the reqs are very high, but when I went to the range to test myself on the SCC Sherrif reqs, I got in trouble for firing too fast. 10 shots in 20 seconds is too fast.
Metcalf range. Every 1st and 3rd Sunday from 10am to 4pm at 75yard range.
PM me if you want more details.
Old 12-09-2010, 1:04 PM

Quote:
If it were to be found to be illegal for her to require a donation/bribe, would that not also produce charges for those who donated in order to get a CCW?
x7
Old 12-18-2010, 6:56 AM

Volunteered and sponsored.
Old 12-18-2010, 7:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If it were to be found to be illegal for her to require a donation/bribe, would that not also produce charges for those who donated in order to get a CCW?
Yep.
Old 12-18-2010, 9:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Looking forward to the GC statements. Hope all is proceeding well with the redaction effort.

You guys are probably seeing a lot of this:

"I live in Saratoga and am afraid of people from San Jose coming into my neighborhood. Laurie should have received my $5,000 donation by now."

Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Bumpin up the stale Santa Clara thread! Anything new out there on the GC Statements?

Along those lines, once they are released, then what? Do we find one that fits our situation and apply?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
You should change your name to "Miss Information."
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. -- L. Neil Smith

Old 12-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flopper View Post
No sheriff has been defeated over the sole issue of CCW ever in the state's history. Ever. The sheriff herself has the authority to issue licenses.

2Cute2Shoot, if you know Laurie Smith personally, please advise her that the County Board of Supervisors has no authority to restrict her issuance of licenses, and her next election is 2014 and she will not be defeated over the issue of CCW. Sheriff Hennessey in San Francisco can more freely issue licenses and he still wouldn't be defeated for election. No one cares except for us and the Brady campaign crazies.
Old 12-30-2010, 2:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
her next election is 2014 and she will not be defeated over the issue of CCW.
Of course that's the entire problem. She and the whole lot of them should have been thrown out over the issue LONG ago.
Quote:
No one cares except for us and the Brady campaign crazies.
They sure do seem to disproportionately affect things given that it's only a tiny number of them.
In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.

Last edited by yellowfin; 12-30-2010 at 2:39 PM..
Old 12-30-2010, 2:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
Of course that's the entire problem. She and the whole lot of them should have been thrown out over the issue LONG ago.They sure do seem to disproportionately affect things given that it's only a tiny number of them.
It's not their numbers, it's their power. People in High Places want to reserve RKBA strictly for themselves so they'll have a greater power advantage over us "little people". They probably think that by doing things that way, they reduce the risk to themselves. It's another variation of the "outlaw all guns and there won't be any more gun crimes" argument.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. You break your oath to uphold the Constitution if you don't refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.
Old 12-31-2010, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Well that is just nasty & i am not even sure what it means.
Old 12-31-2010, 3:01 PM

I'm not taking a stance in way or the other, but the meaning is clear enough.

Miss Information -> mIsinformation. The claim being that your view on the SCSO Sheriff is either biased or simply wrong.
Old 12-31-2010, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
No sheriff has been defeated over the sole issue of CCW ever in the state's history. Ever. The sheriff herself has the authority to issue licenses.

2Cute2Shoot, if you know Laurie Smith personally, please advise her that the County Board of Supervisors has no authority to restrict her issuance of licenses, and her next election is 2014 and she will not be defeated over the issue of CCW. Sheriff Hennessey in San Francisco can more freely issue licenses and he still wouldn't be defeated for election. No one cares except for us and the Brady campaign crazies.
Hi Gray well i was ignorant about this too and so mad about ccw's until i got to know some officers from San Jose. They totally explained everything to me.

first, it is not that sheriff smith would lose her sheriff's race if she gave out ccw's to everybody. that is not the issue. What is the issue is that many people in Santa Clara (and CA for that matter ) are very 'anti' gun. So just know that sheriff smith is conservative!! tho i have never talked to her personally, lots of officers have told me this and that she was supported by all the big republicans!

so anyway....I have been told that if the sheriff were giving out ccw's to everybody, and then if one of those people would do a crime or shoot somebody, etc, there would be lots of angry people who are anti-gun and they would be complaining not only about the sheriff but also about the supervisors and councilpeople, etc and they would get tons of bad press. So basically all the politicians..even those that are 'conservative' are telling sheriff smith to just keep on what she is doing

So what i am saying is not to make some big donation or a payoff, but just get to know some of the officers so that they know about your character and that you are totally safe to have a ccw. Now that is only a start, but if you can see it from their points, they also just want to keep their jobs and also keep San Jose/Santa Clara safe!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Preface: this is long winded and not primarily aimed at you, 2C2S, because you're a young adult and I believe have been led astray by people you respect. This post is long because the issue is, I'm confident, one many other (incl lurkers), wrestle with, so I'm using your statements to explain my hard line position to them as well as you.

Quote:
if the sheriff were giving out ccw's to everybody, and then if one of those people would do a crime or shoot somebody, etc, there would be lots of angry people who are anti-gun and they would be complaining not only about the sheriff but also about the supervisors and councilpeople, etc and they would get tons of bad press. So basically all the politicians..even those that are 'conservative' are telling sheriff smith to just keep on what she is doing
Whether we serfs, mere "civilians", get to exercise our RKBA (via a permission slip) is dependent upon what politicians think is in their own best interests? Our RKBA depends on whether someone else uses their RKBA to commit a crime??? Do I lose my 1st rt to Free Speech because someone else uses their 1st A rt to Free Speech to produce kiddie porn (a crime)?

Sorry, that's not how rights work, that is not the America I believe in and that's not the Constitution (incl BoR) that those "sworn officers" have sworn to uphold and defend. IMO, those LEOs are disgraces to both their uniforms and the US. They are cowards who'd rather work within a corrupt system than put their careers on the line by standing up for both the Constitution and what is right.

Questions: Why haven't those LEOs or their professional associations come out for taking CA to Shall Issue? Forty out of 50 states are Shall Issue and every state from the Mississippi River west to the Pacific Ocean is Shall Issue except for CA and they haven't had a problem w/it.

Why don't those LEOs or their professional associations take a stand against the CA chiefs' and sheriffs' associations whenever they take stands against our Constitutional RKBA?

Like I said, they are cowards who put their own "treasure"/careers ahead of our country. That is why I no longer support ANY LE associations or their widows & orphans funds. Until they support my RKBA to protect my own life, why should I send them my money, beyond what they get paid? It cost them NOTHING to make a statement supporting Shall Issue, yet they will not do it. Yet want me to support them not only w/my words, but also w/my money?

Sorry, "homey don't play that game no more." That's what I told them whenever they called (they stopped calling a couple years ago), and that is what I suggest EVERY patriotic citizen (not just Calgunner) do too. Send all those dollars to CGF, CGN, SAF, NRA, CRPA, or whatever pro-RKBA org you think best and keep doing that until we win back ALL our RKBA. Then and only then will I think about sending them money again to help them out. But I doubt whether I will if they NEVER come out for positions, policies, or legislation that aids my RKBA.

Quote:
So what i am saying is not to make some big donation or a payoff, but just get to know some of the officers so that they know about your character and that you are totally safe to have a ccw. Now that is only a start, but if you can see it from their points, they also just want to keep their jobs and also keep San Jose/Santa Clara safe!
So, to get a RKBA for SD we have to go thru some informal, subjective vetting by various other LEOs. IOW, you have hang out w/them, pander to them by becoming their "friend" and learning to talk like they talk, to wiggle your way into their Good Ol' Boys' Club/clique and become one of "them" vs a mere "civilian." ("Do I say '12050' or '12-0-50' or '12-050'? If I get it wrong, I won't be able to hang w/the 'kool kids' and get a CCW." Believe it or not, someone who considers themselves a Right Person actually said as much as that and made the argument online that you've got to get the lingo down pat to be a "serious candidate" for the "grave responsibility" of CCWing. I guess that Confused Person must be against AZ's new Constitutional Carry law.)

That is what I meant by suggesting that you've gone over to the Dark Side and don't even realize it. Previously, you've stated that you've compromised/restricted your 1st A Freedom of Speech because your LEO "friends" have told you if you want a CCW, you should not post often on CGN lest the Wrong People (aka feudal lords, politicians w/guns & badges, anti sheriffs) find out and choose not to grant you a CCW because of that. That Confused Person also said that discussing your GC on a public forum or even posting images (sans reg. numbers) of your guns on a public forum shows a sufficient lack of "discretion" that you should not be granted the privilege of getting a CCW to defend your or other innocents' lives. Un-frickin' believable!

Step back and think about this for a moment: exercising your 1st A rts by being a contributing member of an informal, online association (CGN's forum), that is dedicated -- like the NRA -- to defending our 2nd A RKBA puts at risk your RKBA via a CCW. That is the system Laurie has in place. That the system your LEO "friends" have sold you on. That is the system you are saying we should work within. Sorry, that is the system we think needs either radical reforming or replacing. That is the system we are fighting against!

2C2S all you've learned is how to work the corrupt system that is in place. This is nothing new to those of us who've been in this fight for years (some for decades). A Right Person contacted me and said I'd probably be able to get a CCW (and they'd help me), right now if that's what I want. I've been doing what I've been doing for years so that I and everyone else who is not disqualified can apply and get a CCW for "mere" SD because that's the closest I think we can get in this state at this time. I'm saving my application for when it will help w/that goal.

As Yoda said, the Dark Side is easier and more seductive, but once you go down that route, it will dominate your life. I hope you change your mind and turn back, and embrace your 1st A rt to Free Speech, even if it means losing your CCW privilege for a time. Rejoin us in the fight to take this state to Shall Issue.

Either way, you can avoid most problems that might make you ever need a CCW by following some advice I've posted at (post #2): http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=368887. (rant off)

Last edited by Paladin; 01-01-2011 at 1:32 PM..
Old 01-01-2011, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
That is why I no longer support ANY LE associations or their widows & orphans funds. Until they support my RKBA to protect my own life, why should I send them my money, beyond what they get paid?
It's not at all clear to me that any of the "LE" associations that have solicited me for funds are actually significantly run by LEO's or have any serious LEO-related purpose. Most of them seem to be scams trying to extract $ based on either sympathy or the hope that putting a "I contributed" sticker on one's car will help avoid traffic tickets.

The "make friends with the deputies to get a CCW" trick might work if one is young, female, and "too cute to shoot" but probably not a big winner for middle-aged guys who don't have time or patience to spend a lot of time flirting and kissing ***.
"[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box . . without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country." -- Frederick Douglass (1892)
Old 01-01-2011, 4:11 PM

+1 to Paladin. Excellent post. I have had some interactions with a few San Jose Officers and most of them seem to favor CCW. One officer works a pay job at the Starbucks I hang out at and he was all for it. Not he may have been joking but he said it would make their jobs easier if all they had to do was show up to a call and call in the coroner. I told him he should become the new Chief of Police. I haven't really had any interaction with Santa Clara County Deputy's so I have no idea where they stand. That one officer From San Jose was a great cop to talk with, he was very sharp when it came to 2A. Hell he even had an idea about bullet buttons.
Old 01-01-2011, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdawg View Post
The "make friends with the deputies to get a CCW" trick might work if one is young, female, and "too cute to shoot" but probably not a big winner for middle-aged guys who don't have time or patience to spend a lot of time flirting and kissing ***.
Badge Bunnies!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:53 AM

I have a semi-serious idea for a "Good Cause" statement for me.

I live on the edge of Downtown San Jose.
<400 feet from one school.
<1,000 feet from a second school.

It seems a recent judge said that UOC is good enough(my loose interpretation).
But I cannot UOC in my neighborhood due to the GFSZ's.

Doesn't that leave me helpless?
Wouldn't the only option I have come from being allowed a CCW?
GFSZ's won't be waived for little ole me, so now what?

Wildhawker, am I barking up the wrong tree here?
If I moved would it open me up to losing the CCW, assuming I did not move back into a GFSZ?
For me, is the GC statement you guys are working on better for me to focus on, than my "I have no other option" idea?
Borrowed from joefreas:
”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Borrowed from The Shadow:
"Controlling crime by regulating guns is like controlling obesity by regulating the size of spoons." - Lou Gohmert (R) Congressman from Texas; Appeared on Fox News on 16 January 2011
Old 01-10-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm not so much better, given there are a few schools around where I live and I have to drive past a Montessori every day to go to work.

Still, I doubt that they would accept it. Consider the problem from their side of the equation. They would ask a) how does that separate you from the other citizenry b) what additional risk does that put on YOU?

So it might work in a court as an argument that CCW is the preferred method of carry in California (or much of anywhere), but I'm doubting that it would budge a Sheriff.
x7

Last edited by tabrisnet; 01-10-2011 at 1:30 PM.. Reason: s/budget/budge/
Old 01-10-2011, 1:05 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post

If I moved would it open me up to losing the CCW, assuming I did not move back into a GFSZ?
For me, is the GC statement you guys are working on better for me to focus on, than my "I have no other option" idea?
It would seem that in your situation, you have no means by which to bear arms. The law has completely separated you from your civil rights.

Old 01-10-2011, 1:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We're close to posting the approved GC statements for SC County.

It's doubtful that living in a school zone (precluding UOC) would be viewed as grounds for a CCW.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post

Old 01-10-2011, 1:31 PM

Hopefully in less than 2 weeks.
x7
Old 01-21-2011, 5:09 PM

Quote:
We're close to posting the approved GC statements for SC County.
Even closer, now?

Anything Laurie's subjects can do to help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHowdershelt
There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order.
Old 01-21-2011, 7:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sounds like a good way to dole out constitutional rights and keep the dark skinned folks from getting all uppity to boot. Why didn't I think of that.

(That was sarcasm in the event that ANYONE on this board could possibly be so impaired as to take any of that at face value.)
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Hopefully in less than 2 weeks.
It's been the dreaded 2 weeks! haha
Borrowed from joefreas:
”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Borrowed from The Shadow:
"Controlling crime by regulating guns is like controlling obesity by regulating the size of spoons." - Lou Gohmert (R) Congressman from Texas; Appeared on Fox News on 16 January 2011
Old 01-26-2011, 4:03 PM

I went and got my HSC just before Christmas in anticipation for this. i am just waiting on the word/guidance to make my CCW Handgun Decision.
Old 01-31-2011, 9:34 AM

Are we there yet?

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. -- L. Neil Smith

Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
He inferred 2 weeks but really meant 2 months!

I'm sure the delay will be worth it when Brandon and the guys publish all the GC statements and tell us to go apply!

This is a true test in patience!

Old 02-03-2011, 7:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Preston had corruption evidence on Laurie Smith 2 years ago. What happened with that?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luieburger View Post
I check for the "Santa Clara - **TIME TO APPLY**" thread every day. We're all chomping at the bit.
Quote:
He inferred 2 weeks but really meant 2 months!

I'm sure the delay will be worth it when Brandon and the guys publish all the GC statements and tell us to go apply!

This is a true test in patience!
The fact that Brandon and the others working on this have ignored our obvious probes for information means they must be really, really close to publishing the GC. Otherwise, they would have told us to STFU by now!