Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 07-16-2017, 10:48 PM

Default Signed Up For Corona Sept. 23

Well finally quit talking about it and signed up my wife and myself for the Appleseed in Corona on Sept. 23, was also thinking of taking one of are grandsons, but will need to check with him first, seems a long way off but it will come fast. Been going over the lists of what to bring, setting up 2 new Ruger 10-22 rifles I bought on a Fathers Day Sale, had a Marlin 795 for several years that I'll take it along as a backup, the rest of the gear we already have, just need to get it out. Will be heading to the range to get a few hundred rounds ran through the rifles, and work any bugs out.

Attachment 623048

If you have any advise on Appleseed it would be appreciated, maybe see you there.

Thanks RH
Old 07-17-2017, 6:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Awsesome!
Corona is 1-day event, so its a little different (faster) format than a 2-day shoot.

Get your sights/scopes dialed in ahead of time.

Get your slings propperly attatched.

Practice getting into and out of the seated and prone positions.

Make sure whatever ammo you have will run in your rifles. And try to stick to the same ammo through the event, assuming it functions well.

Bring lots of water/gatorade, sunscreen, snacks, chairs, etc.

And most importantly: HAVE FUN!
Old 07-17-2017, 6:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Snap in!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-H View Post
Well finally quit talking about it and signed up my wife and myself for the Appleseed in Corona on Sept. 23, was also thinking of taking one of are grandsons, but will need to check with him first, seems a long way off but it will come fast. Been going over the lists of what to bring, setting up 2 new Ruger 10-22 rifles I bought on a Fathers Day Sale, had a Marlin 795 for several years that I'll take it along as a backup, the rest of the gear we already have, just need to get it out. Will be heading to the range to get a few hundred rounds ran through the rifles, and work any bugs out.

Attachment 623048

If you have any advise on Appleseed it would be appreciated, maybe see you there.

Thanks RH
Print the AQT targets and practice on those at 25 yds. Those
transitions and positions are not as easy as they once were...LOL
I "ll be at the 9/23 shoot, also

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. - James Madison
Old 09-24-2017, 4:51 PM

Well the wife and I just finished our first Appleseed shoot yesterday, what a great time and a humbling experience, I learned that bench shooting is so much easier.
This was a one day event so things had to move along quickly, but safety was always the top priority. After setting up the range and a safety briefing, we shot are first Red Coat target from the prone position to see what we could do and we improved by the end of the day. The instructors would then takes us back and show a certain part of the basic shooting fundamentals, then we would go back to the shooting line and try out what we had learned on the 25 m drill targets, get some more instruction, go back and try again.
At lunch we received a short history lesson on what it took for the men and women of the time to create a free nation. It made me think how different it might have turned out if CNN, the Washington Post or any other liberal news agency were reporting the story at the time. Today April 19, 1775 a Group of radical nationalist terrorists, ambushed and massacred troops of the legitimate government controlled globalist peacekeeping forces that had been deployed for public safety to confiscate the assault weapons the group had been stockpiling, well so much for my rant.
After lunch we went on to shooting the AQT, Army/ Appleseed qualification target, we shot 3 of these, I shot a 121 / 143 / 167 that turned into a 177, I didn't know if the hole touched the line you count it as the higher score. Then we shot the final Red Coat target to see if we improved from the morning target. I was able to improve with each target which I'm happy with, it gives me a real eason to go back again. My wife did not qualify but that was my fault, she has only shot a rifle a couple times in her life when I mounted the scope on the Marlin 795 she used, I did not locktite the mount screws, she was doing very well, then her shots were not even on target. The first 2 AQT targets she shot with no holes in them, all I said was you suck, then I looked at the rifle and the rear mount was off the rifle, then I felt bad, but not as bad as if she would have out shot me.
I would like to thank are volunteer instructors Cam and Kurt for the great job they did, also the RWVA for putting on these events, the training received far exceeds the cost. I'd recommend this event to all that want to improve their rifle skills, if you do not practice getting in and out of these shooting positions regularly you will be tired and sore the next day, but it's worth it, my wife is even looking forward to going back, but she'll probably have somebody else check out her equipment next time.