Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 PM

[IMG]115.jpeg[/IMG] she wants to come and play to
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 115.jpg (94.7 KB, 304 views)
Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Talking My baby

She wants to come out and play with everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 115.jpg (94.7 KB, 187 views)
Old 05-06-2012, 3:33 PM

Old 05-08-2012, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyeg35 View Post

Hey, nice AK. Could you please tell me what side rail and scope mount you are using? I have been looking to put a side rail on my AMD and a scope mount that sits low on the receiver so I can use a magnifier with the red dot.
Old 05-10-2012, 6:32 AM
CGN Contributor

The side rail looks like a KVAR or Arsenal. It's US made in either case. The NPZ and Kalinka are a lot less costly and almost certainly stronger.

Looks shouldn't be a factor - every component should have a purpose it was chosen for.

R

"Your breathing should be slow and steady. It should sound like HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!" - CBruce
Old 05-10-2012, 6:46 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmarc217 View Post
Current set up:
Troy rail covers
Afg2
Vltor stock adapter
Magpul STR
U.S. Palm 10/30 mag
Everything else is stock. Handgaurd will eventually be swapped. After a few hundred more rounds I'll toss some type of optic on it.
Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics
For a rifle of that length the sight radius is pretty short. I'd suggest a rear sight base upgrade which moves the rear sight to the back of the receiver and equals out to about the same sight radius for your irons you had with a conventional gas block/front sight base.

The Tech Sights AK100S and AK200S are one choice (http://www.tech-sights.com/), the Texas Weapon Systems receiver top cover rail (http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/id1.html) and the Texas Weapon Systems fixed aluminum aperture sight (http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/id7.html), or a low profile weaver/pictinny base rear sight. I like the NECG (http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/ - second from the top).

I ended up with a smaller aperture disc from Williams since the .093" aperture the sight comes with (and even larger .112" that comes with the sight) were just a bit too large for my taste. Williams aperture discs are fully compatible with the NECG sight base.

R

"Your breathing should be slow and steady. It should sound like HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!" - CBruce

Last edited by Richard Erichsen; 05-14-2012 at 5:54 AM..
Old 05-13-2012, 6:00 PM
Veteran Member

Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Bullpupped Draco pistol. Need to do a "pretty" shot of it one of these days.

And for the Commissary Ninja in all of us:

Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 PM

Tag for latet
Old 05-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member

That reminds me of this...

http://youtu.be/q362H-xg0ZA

and this...

http://youtu.be/FrAIFP2pfew

Last edited by TacticalPlinker; 05-15-2012 at 1:03 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 1:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdps View Post
Bullpupped Draco pistol. Need to do a "pretty" shot of it one of these days.
oh good, Im not the only one who got the idea to do the predator laser

Good looking gun in its more serious configuration though

disclaimer:
everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice
Old 05-17-2012, 3:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thanks Midtown Gunner but I'm not a pro and I don't believe there's a shortage of photographers (enough to make $).
Thanks to digital age anyone can produce good quality photos, it's just some are to lazy and don't care to put a little bit more time/effort.

Anyway less talking and more pics.
Home/shop built Romy "G" hybrid with Saiga, overall not as nice as factory Saiga and because of that it doesn't deserve nicer-better mods or better (more detail) pics.

This is the scope on the rifle.
PU in a specific for the scope mount with custom sunshade. Very nice high quality scope/mount setup.
Much easier to aim trough then PSO-PSOP type scopes.

Last edited by FiveSeven; 12-08-2013 at 11:22 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 1:59 PM

Arrow Tacticool WASR AK

My recent project...

...anyone want to trade stock tubes? I am looking for a vltor only.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2052.jpg (95.4 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by MigNoche; 09-18-2012 at 7:47 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 2:08 PM

its an AK on a AR plat form, why not just get a AR-10 in .308?
Old 05-18-2012, 2:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The cup holder is a must have addition to any rifle.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 05-18-2012 at 2:15 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post

Iam sorry but that sporter stock just looks rediculous. How come you havent gone with a standard Ak stock of some sort?
Old 05-18-2012, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver Ocelot View Post
Iam sorry but that sporter stock just looks rediculous. How come you havent gone with a standard Ak stock of some sort?
I'm sorry, but the irony of writing that in the Non-Traditional AK's thread... priceless.
Old 05-18-2012, 5:45 PM

I agree about the stock being ridicules, it was just an experiment..... nothing more or less.
Although it would be perfect for those who find traditional AK stock to short.
Old 05-20-2012, 2:52 AM

Got a new light so I took a new pic cause, until I get an Eotech, she's all done. The light is a "Panther" brand and I know its not a great light but its very bright and I can't spend 200 and up on a light. I MIGHT also add an adapter to the back so that I could put an AR style stock on it. Please comment, even with constructive criticism.

Old 05-20-2012, 6:18 AM

^
Looks good, good photo editing.
As for AK mods. You don't need to spend $200 on a good light. Surefire G2X is a very good light, better then X300 model and can cost around $75 +/-. Streamlight Polytech 130lm is about $40 or so.
Good light mount is important as well, preferably the closer to the barrel the better, slim profile is ideal.
Pressure/remote switches are a gimmick imo and totally unneeded, if anything they can cause malfunction especially in rough use.
Grip-bipod is not something I'd use, usually when a product tries to be multiple things in one it's actually less. No need for bipod on AK anyway, so is the cleaning rod.
Adapter might be a bit challenging for your AK as the folding mechanism is part of the rear trunnion. But if you are going to mount an Eotech then you won't be able to cowitness with irons, so might as well keep your stock the way it is.

If I were you, I'd get quality flashlight & mount, Tapco or Magpul short forward grip and lightweight quality red dot or reflex sight and that's about it.
....And if you are in CA, get a mag lock and 10 or 10/30 round mags.
Old 05-20-2012, 8:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post
The cup holder is a must have addition to any rifle.
Its actually a pistol...so its even more important to have a cup holder on it...
Old 05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trew10 View Post
its an AK on a AR plat form, why not just get a AR-10 in .308?
Sorry but that doesn't make one damn bit of sense. What rifle are you referring to?

The AR and AK are two entirely different platforms with nearly nothing in common. These guns are all AK's, but with AR or AR styled accessories/furniture. Please don't compare the two.
Old 05-20-2012, 1:05 PM

Quote:
^
Looks good, good photo editing.
As for AK mods. You don't need to spend $200 on a good light. Surefire G2X is a very good light, better then X300 model and can cost around $75 +/-. Streamlight Polytech 130lm is about $40 or so.
Good light mount is important as well, preferably the closer to the barrel the better, slim profile is ideal.
Pressure/remote switches are a gimmick imo and totally unneeded, if anything they can cause malfunction especially in rough use.
Grip-bipod is not something I'd use, usually when a product tries to be multiple things in one it's actually less. No need for bipod on AK anyway, so is the cleaning rod.
Adapter might be a bit challenging for your AK as the folding mechanism is part of the rear trunnion. But if you are going to mount an Eotech then you won't be able to cowitness with irons, so might as well keep your stock the way it is.

If I were you, I'd get quality flashlight & mount, Tapco or Magpul short forward grip and lightweight quality red dot or reflex sight and that's about it.
....And if you are in CA, get a mag lock and 10 or 10/30 round mags.
FiveSeven, thanks you for the input. I have learned a lot from your response. I don't know anyone with firearms so I just researched the hell out of every gun I own(which I've only owned for about 3 months), and did what seemed best. I am going to look into getting that light you posted, I had no idea they were that cheap and have never seen those brands that cheap. I used to think the pressure switches were dumb but when the grip came with the slot for it, I thought I'd utilize it. I don't have them on the lights on my shotguns. I didn't think I'd ever use the bipod function but the grip looked soooo comfortable and IS. I only use it to zero the sight and take pictures. Are you saying I should remove the cleaning rod? I only kept it in cause it came that way. The only adapter out, that I know of, is 90 bucks from Krebs custom and I'd rather put that toward the Eotech anyway. I think I'm gonna take your advice accept I'm gonna keep the grip for now cus its sooooo comfy. I might go with the Magpul AFG and switch em out off and on depending on how I feel I wanna shoot it. I don't know what a "mag lock" is though but I am working on getting a lot of mags. Thanks for the input. Please clarify the parts I don't understand like the mag lock, cleaning rod, and whatever els. Would an Eotech 552 be good enough? THanks!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 4:46 PM

^

Are you in CA? If so then you need to get a mag lock and use 10 rounds mags only or 10/30 magazines otherwise its a "assault weapon".... If your not in CA then don't worry about it and consider yourself fortunate.
Hey, if that grip works for you then it's fine, I think it's might come apart or fail at some time since it has all those parts in it. Murphy's law + it's bulkier and heavier but again whatever works for you. I just state what I think not whats right or wrong.
As to cleaning rod, I don't like them on modified AK's as they don't serve any purpose but just add to extra weight (sometimes even noise). Even people who have them on traditional AK's don't use them to clean the rifles.

Yes, Eotech would be a good sight and in my opinion, traditional grip (the one on your rifle) would be better for that type of sight then Magpul AFG as you don't need low cheeks weld. AFG is better if you use irons or very low profile sight.

Last edited by FiveSeven; 05-20-2012 at 4:50 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 11:01 PM

"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harris
Old 05-21-2012, 2:03 AM

Quote:
^

Are you in CA? If so then you need to get a mag lock and use 10 rounds mags only or 10/30 magazines otherwise its a "assault weapon".... If your not in CA then don't worry about it and consider yourself fortunate.
Hey, if that grip works for you then it's fine, I think it's might come apart or fail at some time since it has all those parts in it. Murphy's law + it's bulkier and heavier but again whatever works for you. I just state what I think not whats right or wrong.
As to cleaning rod, I don't like them on modified AK's as they don't serve any purpose but just add to extra weight (sometimes even noise). Even people who have them on traditional AK's don't use them to clean the rifles.

Yes, Eotech would be a good sight and in my opinion, traditional grip (the one on your rifle) would be better for that type of sight then Magpul AFG as you don't need low cheeks weld. AFG is better if you use irons or very low profile sight.
I live in Texas (thank God). Its actually a well built grip but as a prepper, I know I should get one that can't fall apart, and yes its heavy, for a grip. Thing about the cleaning rod, is it was nice and tight in there until I put the new forend on. After that, it won't rest tightly without me resting it against the weld that keeps the muzzle permanently attached. I don't really understand the connection between the AFG and low cheek weld and low pro sight. I looked at those lights and I can't decide if I like the push button on, sacrificing momentary on(streamlight), or twist to turn on and gain momentary on button(surefire). Either way, I like them both.
Old 05-21-2012, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Scout type setup.
Perfect. Like, to the letter. This is pretty much exactly what I want, but I would totally be willing to live without those modifications. Awesome work, man. What's it weigh?

--Inq
Old 05-21-2012, 9:10 PM

^
Thanks, my scale is out of batteries so I can't tell you accurately but it's not all that much heavier. I can't tell much one from another but it is very easy to handle and/or acquire target, much faster then with iron sights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBeyondAverage View Post
I don't really understand the connection between the AFG and low cheek weld and low pro sight.
AFG is designed to be used in a similar way as a traditional hand-guard, meaning, it's better if you get low cheek weld, so low profile sight such as cowitness with irons work well with AFG in my experience.
Traditional forward grips (straight) work better with higher mounted optics, or where low cheek weld is not really needed.

Last edited by FiveSeven; 05-22-2012 at 5:45 AM..
Old 05-27-2012, 2:50 PM

What height check piece riser is best for the ctr buttstock on an ak.

One Big A$$ Mistake America
Old 05-27-2012, 3:12 PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338160306.571072.jpg

My Haley/rifle dynamics copy in .223

Hope saiga conversions count?
Old 05-27-2012, 3:33 PM

^
Of course it counts. It's an AK just as any other one, strip off sporter stuff and you have the best AK receiver and barrel you can find, even "Haley/rifle dynamics" thinks so.

... and very well done copy. Need to take better pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber51 View Post
What height check piece riser is best for the ctr buttstock on an ak.
It depends on a scope or a red dot sight.
If you go maximum height it will impede with use of iron sights. 1/4" in most cases will work the best.
Old 05-28-2012, 9:43 AM
Veteran Member

Should I spray my underfolder tan/sand with brown accents today? I'm apprehensive..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWT View Post
Attachment 151751

My Haley/rifle dynamics copy in .223

Hope saiga conversions count?
Did you replace the gas block? How tough was that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Yeah Rich can we get specs on that?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 PM

Already posted on the 5.45 gallery, but figure it can't hurt to add it to this gallery. Here's my WASR-2:
012.jpg
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 AM

Specs-

- saiga .223
- circle 10 mags permanently modded for 10 rds and filed to fit magwell
- surefire muzzle brake mb556k (i know it is ridiculously priced for a russian rifle, the thing kicks like a 10/22 so its worth it)
- Bolton gas block
- ultimak gas tube (aimpoint micro will allow cowitness with irons)
- polymer imitation triangle folder stock RPB industries. (suprisingly solid for plastic, eventually want a real deal metal pinned triangle folder)
- tapco internals
- us palm grip (shortened with a belt sander and stippled)
- sand blasted and refinished in norrel's

- eotech xps 2-2 (wtt for aim point micro but that is for a different thread)

Bolton Gas block was straightforward. The factory gasblock is just as hard to get off as the front sight. I had ammo bros pin the bolton gasblock when they shortened and permanently attached the surefire brake. It probably didn't need pinning but I had a bad experience with and Adams arms ultra lite gas block and wanted this to leave nothing to chance. I tried to do the brake myself with a threading kit i bought from dinzag that couldnt handle the OD of the barrel, as I guess the OD is always changing. After giving it further thought and reading some horror stories I decided to the let pros do it. Sal at ammo brothers lives and breathes AK's and I don't hesitate to recommend him at all. Be prepared for a bit of a wait though.

The norrels goes on surprisingly easy. I preheated the metal a bit more than a I should have which resulted in a very flat finish. At some point it needs another coat but I ran out of patience.

Any suggestions to replace the aluminum pop rivets would be appreciated. They serve the purpose of keeping dirt put but look tacky.

The inspiration:

Last edited by RichWT; 05-29-2012 at 6:33 PM.. Reason: Added pictures with doghair
Old 05-29-2012, 9:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Rich, your rifle is begging to go featureless
Old 05-30-2012, 6:55 AM

MrPlink - I know I have been trying to find a pic of a triangle stock with a monsterman before I purchase one. I dont care for the paddles...
Old 05-31-2012, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Here's my contribution, Cheers!

Old 05-31-2012, 7:00 PM
Veteran Member

^ MrExel, that's freakin nice bro! I like that brake!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk