Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-08-2021, 3:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
I'll be a little more specific from the previous link I sent. What about a standard 6 pos buffer tube with this installed over it:
https://www.thordsencustoms.com/stan...it-black/.html

Thoughts/opinions for an AR style other?

You would no longer be able to mount any type of stock, but you would have a "rifle buffer tube" installed.
I think you're over-thinking this.

The DOJ regs are just saying that if your other has a "rifle" buffer tube in the pics you send as part of the reg process, that they wont process the registration. That doesn't mean your other isn't legally allowed to have a "rifle" buffer tube for an adjustable brace or something, just that they won't accept photos showing it for the purpose of registration. They're basically saying "put a smooth receiver extension on it when you take the photos," beyond that it doesn't really matter.
Old 11-21-2021, 3:12 PM

For those registering a 1919a4 as a Not a rifle/shotgun/handgun.... now an AW deal.

If the right side plate says "MACHINE GUN" due to manufacture replicating the original WWII plate markings....did you add disclaimers in writing on your application that its built per ATF rules as semi-automatic and note that the DROS clearly said semi-automatic..... to protect your door and dog come January? If so what buzzwords-short sentences did you use? Is there any limit in the text field on the application like the 2017 registration? And can you add web addresses this time?

Did you leave the booster on the firearms for the photos submitted for non permanent attachments removed and in the shortest configuration that it could be fired?....... or did you remove the bearing & booster for the photos. Technically this now obscene contraption could be fired ..... once ..... but it would not be a semiautomatic without the bearing/booster.

Yes these are mind**** game questions because the antigun G-Men like to mind**** the lawful gunowners and lockup peaceful Pro2A demonstrators for 4 years while they let looters, arsonist, and violent protesters go free if they are anti-2A. Our government is locking up peaceful law abiding citizens exercising their rights due to their political beliefs.

EDIT-some more questions
For the photo #3 for the fixed magazine the magazine release device/for removable magazine the push button release mechanism.......was your photo of the top latch, the top cover, did you include photos with a 10 round or less belt in the firearm?

What was the configuration of your 1919 that you tried to register
-with pistol grip that hangs 1/3rd below the action and 2/3rds above?
-with pistol grip but with the pregnant guppy fin like the AR15 Mod-Guppy?
-With Spade grips?
-With buffer tube only (i.e. backplate used for spade grips, or with pistol grip cut off)?

Looking for ideas of what folks did so I can then pick from the best sounding idea.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your time reading this and providing your experience in a reply!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Last edited by Xerxes; 11-21-2021 at 4:53 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 5:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
For those registering a 1919a4 as a Not a rifle/shotgun/handgun.... now an AW deal.

If the right side plate says "MACHINE GUN" due to manufacture replicating the original WWII plate markings....did you add disclaimers in writing on your application that its built per ATF rules as semi-automatic and note that the DROS clearly said semi-automatic..... to protect your door and dog come January? If so what buzzwords-short sentences did you use? Is there any limit in the text field on the application like the 2017 registration? And can you add web addresses this time?

Did you leave the booster on the firearms for the photos submitted for non permanent attachments removed and in the shortest configuration that it could be fired?....... or did you remove the bearing & booster for the photos. Technically this now obscene contraption could be fired ..... once ..... but it would not be a semiautomatic without the bearing/booster.

Yes these are mind**** game questions because the antigun G-Men like to mind**** the lawful gunowners and lockup peaceful Pro2A demonstrators for 4 years while they let looters, arsonist, and violent protesters go free if they are anti-2A. Our government is locking up peaceful law abiding citizens exercising their rights due to their political beliefs.

EDIT-some more questions
For the photo #3 for the fixed magazine the magazine release device/for removable magazine the push button release mechanism.......was your photo of the top latch, the top cover, did you include photos with a 10 round or less belt in the firearm?

What was the configuration of your 1919 that you tried to register
-with pistol grip that hangs 1/3rd below the action and 2/3rds above?
-with pistol grip but with the pregnant guppy fin like the AR15 Mod-Guppy?
-With Spade grips?
-With buffer tube only (i.e. backplate used for spade grips, or with pistol grip cut off)?

Looking for ideas of what folks did so I can then pick from the best sounding idea.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your time reading this and providing your experience in a reply!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I'd like to know as well.
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gif
NRA Member