Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........
Default Charlie Manson Worshipers Still Exist Present Day ~ Death Valley

Went camping and four wheeling this past weekend in Panamint Valley with some side trips into Death Valley.

One run was to visit Meyer's Ranch and Barker's Ranch where Manson and his family members hid out and were later captured.
We roll up to Barker Ranch to find two vehicles and four quite strange looking individuals camping in what's left of the main house. The house burned down in a 2009 brush fire leaving only the foundation and stone walls.

Two women, two men and a devil dog straight from Hell.
I kept a distance after the older guy asked if my dog was a female or male. No way in hell dude, you ain't sacrificing my dog to the memory of Manson, don't even think it!

One of the two guys I was with engaged them in conversation while I circled around them and kept an eye on them from a distance.
They had been camping there for six straight nights, can't imagine what rituals they were performing at night. My friend said they knew WAY too much about Manson.
And no, they definitely were not docents in costume from the park service.

Never expected to find someone there like that.
Glad it was daylight.
Glad I was packed.
Old 11-15-2021, 1:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Been way too long since I made a trip out there. Want to take the backpack and micro-tent and try to find a flat spot up top of Striped Butte to hang-out & watch meteorites sometime.

Did you drive in from the east off Badwater Rd/178 or?
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 11-15-2021, 2:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Money goes into their account... they can access it from any ATM

It's similar to a corporate sponsorship- Disability, EDD, etc

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 11-15-2021, 2:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Been way too long since I made a trip out there. Want to take the backpack and micro-tent and try to find a flat spot up top of Striped Butte to hang-out & watch meteorites sometime.

Did you drive in from the east off Badwater Rd/178 or?

This Striped Butte? Took this pic Saturday at 1200 sharp from the geologists cabin.

We were camped in Panamint Valley a few miles off Trona-Wildrose Rd. and Neadeau Rd.

Old 11-15-2021, 4:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Money goes into their account... they can access it from any ATM

It's similar to a corporate sponsorship- Disability, EDD, etc
Wrong thread - too much Bailey's?
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 11-15-2021, 4:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko View Post
This Striped Butte? Took this pic Saturday at 1200 sharp from the geologists cabin.

We were camped in Panamint Valley a few miles off Trona-Wildrose Rd. and Neadeau Rd.

Yes, that Striped Butte. Slept on the floor of Geologists Cabin one night - never again as the freakin' mice/rats kept me awake most of the night. You forgot to answer my question as to which way you traveled to get into Panamint Valley.
Quote:
Old 11-15-2021, 5:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes, that Striped Butte. Slept on the floor of Geologists Cabin one night - never again as the freakin' mice/rats kept me awake most of the night. You forgot to answer my question as to which way you traveled to get into Panamint Valley.
Up from Mojave via 14 to Randsburg/Garlock Rd to 178 and through Trona.
Old 11-15-2021, 5:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Never been in that way - what kind of rigs were you in? I've always gone in from the Badwater side. Did you use that route to access DV? If so, what condition was it in?
Quote:
Old 11-16-2021, 6:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Never been in that way - what kind of rigs were you in? I've always gone in from the Badwater side. Did you use that route to access DV? If so, what condition was it in?
We entered through Coyote Canyon Road (Mengel's Pass) beginning near Ballarat Trading Post.

Wheeling rigs? Mine 2000 XJ, friends a TJ and an early JK
Old 11-19-2021, 7:12 AM

Quote:
My friend said they knew WAY too much about Manson.
What is there to know? He wanted to be a rock star and the answer was no so he had a tantrum.

F. Guffey
Old 11-19-2021, 7:52 AM
Veteran Member

My superintendent and I were in Jawbone last weekend and on Saturday we threw the bikes in the truck and drove to Ballarat to ride Mengel Pass. We stopped to check out Barker Ranch and saw the same guys.

I am assuming you were with the Panamint Valley Days group we saw having lunch at the cabin?

PM me for electrical work
Old 11-19-2021, 9:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Well thats a bummer, what rigs were they using? Death Valley is amazing, but there certainly are some characters there. I still want to go back and explore more, so much amazing things out there. Weird that they would stay 6 days at that site...its kinda ****ty, and its a destination point so people will be rolling in and out all day.

The manson cult took a school bus there! Goler Wash must have been smoother.
Old 11-20-2021, 9:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707electrician View Post
My superintendent and I were in Jawbone last weekend and on Saturday we threw the bikes in the truck and drove to Ballarat to ride Mengel Pass. We stopped to check out Barker Ranch and saw the same guys.

I am assuming you were with the Panamint Valley Days group we saw having lunch at the cabin?
Jawbone! That brings back memories from when I worked on building that section of the 2nd LAA in the late 60s and when we used to ride bikes there in the mid 70s.
Old 11-22-2021, 3:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707electrician View Post

We were wheeling alone, not with any Panamint Valley Days group but we did stop there for lunch when that group was there.