Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 08-14-2018, 4:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Stock up on OTC from eBay...

IBU 200mg and Diphenhydramine 25MG can be had at GREAT prices IF you sort by price, then scroll down past the 325ct to the 500-1000ct, ignoring gel-caps... and look in the $6-$14 range for bulk. Kirkland, or Member's Mark brand seem to be the best priced.

With 2 kids (one in football and track), and 2 adults (assuming I count, and the other allergic to nuts and more) IBU, and Diphenhydramine are required stock in this house.

I have used Diphenhydramine 6+ years after stamped expiry, and it worked like NIB.

At ~$0.01-0.01(389)/ea for IBU 200mg eBay can't be beat compared to retail, AND I don't want to drive to the local Walgreens w/a headache, last minute anyway...

Last edited by the86d; 08-14-2018 at 4:44 AM..
Old 08-14-2018, 7:48 AM
Veteran Member

Good price post OP

Diphenhyramine aka Benadryl is always a good idea to store. I have allergies to grasses and it always works. Fellow bulk buyer here.
Great analgesic too. Internal/external. People forget this.
Sore muscles when trying to sleep after a work day? It works.
Dog n cat safe when given in proper dosages too.

Sent using a long string and 2 used soup cans
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 08-14-2018, 9:17 AM
Veteran Member

On a related note: there's also several versions of antibiotics marketed to animal care (Bird-Sulfa) that are available without prescription. They are identical to human-marketed drugs (I've been told).

Good to have on hand.
Old 08-14-2018, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatGuy View Post
On a related note: there's also several versions of antibiotics marketed to animal care (Bird-Sulfa) that are available without prescription. They are identical to human-marketed drugs (I've been told).

Good to have on hand.
Not sure about bird antibiotics but fish antibiotics are the same as human. It's getting harder to find them online. I used to get it from amazon but they quit allowing the sales a few years ago.

It is always a good idea to have diphenhyramine around. My daughter got bit on the foot by a black widow last month. She took a couple of tab of it and the swelling never got real bad. The pain was another story though.
Old 08-15-2018, 3:10 AM
Calguns Addict

If you are not signed up for eBay Bucks, and buy a fair amount from eBay, then I suggest you jump on that train... even if you aren't a bandwagon-jumper:

I am milking that train for EVERY CENT, OR a tenth of a cent rather, in this case: $0.0013833333333333/ea

Last edited by the86d; 08-15-2018 at 3:18 AM..
Old 09-14-2018, 3:52 AM
Calguns Addict

200 generic Mucinex for the price of 30, retail...

A Hell of a Deal on generic Tylenol:

For all I listed, but IBU, this stock will probably last us MANY years, AND at a DEEP discount, not to mention having this stuff on hand is practical.

I am allergic to cats, but we took one in, she had kittens, so the Mucinex is helpful for me as of late.

Flipping/Selling niche electronic products on eBay also helps me get these odds and ends OTC meds. virtually free, I just have to pay tax on sales, but I roll most profit back into preps.

Last edited by the86d; 09-14-2018 at 4:03 AM..