Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 07-24-2021, 3:16 PM

Default Need an AZ Real Estate Agent referral

Looking for an agent who knows Sonoita/Elgin Az and is up on local building requirements and ALL the other stuff which goes along with that kind of thing.

Who knows someone down thataway?

Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

My Utubery
Old 07-24-2021, 3:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I do know a great local Oro Valley Tucson one, maybe she can refer someone?

Her name is Leanne Savage at Omni Homes. She was excellent to us.

(520) 471-5450

https://www.moveontucson.com/
Old 07-24-2021, 11:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Wow, you really want to be in the middle of nowhere, eh?
Old 07-25-2021, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Wow, you really want to be in the middle of nowhere, eh?
I'm tired of the neighbors kids smoking pot behind their house and the smoke drifting through my windows because they're upwind. I'm tired of all the damned dogs barking all the time. I'm tired of EMS sirens all the time. I'm tired of seeing grafitti everywhere.

All that and I live outside city limits in the county.

Plus, there was a news article about Lake Mead and all the other water sources for the state the other day which basically told me California has a drop dead date in about 3 years. No water and no power is a death sentence for this state. There is a solution to California's coming woes, but I doubt anyone here has the stomach for it. In the meantime, I'm looking for an escape route.

Sonoita/Elgin has a similar "look and feel" to where I live now. The seasonal temp extremes are about the same and there's an abundant underground aquifer as evidenced by the windmills I've seen in pictures there. It might not be "the place" but it is a place to start looking. I have a friend who moved to Sierra Vista a couple of years ago who loves it there so even that might work out.

The place calls to me.

Plus pronghorn.

Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

My Utubery

Last edited by rplaw; 07-25-2021 at 7:10 AM..
Old 07-25-2021, 7:38 AM

Join navy credit union if you can, they will locate one and give you some of the commission based on the selling price, buying or selling. We got $3K
Old 07-25-2021, 4:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
I'm tired of the neighbors kids smoking pot behind their house and the smoke drifting through my windows because they're upwind. I'm tired of all the damned dogs barking all the time. I'm tired of EMS sirens all the time. I'm tired of seeing grafitti everywhere.

All that and I live outside city limits in the county.

Plus, there was a news article about Lake Mead and all the other water sources for the state the other day which basically told me California has a drop dead date in about 3 years. No water and no power is a death sentence for this state. There is a solution to California's coming woes, but I doubt anyone here has the stomach for it. In the meantime, I'm looking for an escape route.

Sonoita/Elgin has a similar "look and feel" to where I live now. The seasonal temp extremes are about the same and there's an abundant underground aquifer as evidenced by the windmills I've seen in pictures there. It might not be "the place" but it is a place to start looking. I have a friend who moved to Sierra Vista a couple of years ago who loves it there so even that might work out.

The place calls to me.

Plus pronghorn.

They filmed Little House out there because it was so far out in BFE that they didn't have to worry about power poles or telephone poles showing up in the filming. That was many years ago though, and all those type of places have become overrun with people, as you can tell from your pic.

As for pronghorns, the last time I cared to look, the state issued 2, count 'em 2, pronghorn rifle tags for all of southern AZ.
Old 07-25-2021, 5:34 PM

Quote:
As for pronghorns, the last time I cared to look, the state issued 2, count 'em 2, pronghorn rifle tags for all of southern AZ.
That's ok, I have a crossbow. I intend to have a big backhoe too. Plus, I know how to keep a secret.

My Utubery
Old 07-25-2021, 8:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Crossbows used to be illegal in AZ for hunting. Dunno if they still are.
Old 07-26-2021, 5:46 AM

Quote:
Crossbows used to be illegal in AZ for hunting. Dunno if they still are.
Who said anything about hunting? I'm too old to hunt, too fat to hunt, and too tired to hunt.

The backhoe is for my gold mine. No, I'm not going to tell you where it's at. Remember, I told you that I can keep a secret.

My Utubery

Last edited by rplaw; 07-26-2021 at 5:48 AM..