Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 05-06-2018, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
A few months back I reached out to both Allen and Cox with a simple set of questions regarding their stance on 2A rights and CA gun laws to decide who Calguns would support.

This was the reply from Travis Allen's campaign:

"Paul,
I'm a member of Calguns myself, so it's good to hear from you. I can take some time and answer your questions, and I would like to give you some input on the questions forum members are asking candidates.

Travis is solid on 2A. We just had our committee meeting for shall-issue and he made some really good points in committee. He is a shooter with 3 guns on his concealed carry license. Hell, he keeps pressuring me to get a glock because he's so enthusiastic about his new Taran Tactical 19 (I'm an M&P and revolver guy).

We had a conversation about the roster, and debated running a bill to repeal it even though we knew it would be shot down. We chose not to run it at the advice of various gun groups because such a bill would interfere with ongoing court cases.

I'm happy to see the forums being proactive and coming up with questions, but I think they are written in such a way that's too easy for candidates to weasel out of. It's way too easy for a consultant like me to write some cookie cutter "I believe strongly in our second amendment rights," line. I would be happy to write some more cutting questions and email them to you, because right now it's been way too easy for these guys to pay lip service to 2A without knowing the first thing about it.

Clayton, Team Travis Allen"

Rather amusingly about a week after I received this from Allen's campaign I received a reply from Cox's campaign with exactly the cookie cutter answers Clayton mentioned.
I might have to change my vote since he is a Glock guy
Old 05-06-2018, 5:38 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trriemferent View Post
I might have to change my vote since he is a Glock guy
LOL! Yeah, I replied to Clayton that I'd welcome his input and gently suggested he try out a 1911..
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 05-06-2018, 5:41 PM

Allen just finished second to Cox in the fight for the CA GOP endorsement, but neither got the requisite 60% required to get the party endorsement - which was dumb dumb dumb for the party to allow (almost as dumb as holding your convention for giving out endorsements after the voting guides already went out).

The GOP is in for a rough November. Their best chance is to hammer away on the gas tax and selectively hit the sanctuary state issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2018, 6:02 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns259 View Post
Allen just finished second to Cox in the fight for the CA GOP endorsement, but neither got the requisite 60% required to get the party endorsement - which was dumb dumb dumb for the party to allow (almost as dumb as holding your convention for giving out endorsements after the voting guides already went out).

The GOP is in for a rough November. Their best chance is to hammer away on the gas tax and selectively hit the sanctuary state issue.

From someone at the convention when I asked if it was true Cox paid for his supporters travel and hotel costs:
Quote:
Straight from the mouth of not 1 but 2 of his "volunteers" at the convention this weekend. I was personally there for one of their confessions.

I was also told directly from a paid guest of a delegate that he paid for rooms on an entire floor of the Sheraton for said volunteers and delegates. Donating $200,000 to the CA GOP with $100,000 of that donation ear marked for a delegates party.
The most telling part is that despite all that largesse (I believe that is Latin for 'bribe'...) he STILL did not get the endorsement.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 05-08-2018, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Watching the governor's debate Travis Allen just handed Gavin newsom's *** to him. Damn that was a good debate.
Old 05-09-2018, 1:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtwin View Post
Watching the governor's debate Travis Allen just handed Gavin newsom's *** to him. Damn that was a good debate.
Do you know anywhere that has it uploaded for view? I was only able to see the first 30 minute segment, and that's the only part that I can find online available for view
Old 05-09-2018, 4:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtwin View Post
"Allen delivered a remark that drew gasps: “If you can’t trust Gavin with his best friend’s wife, why would you trust him with your state?”

But Newsom didn’t flinch, battlling back at Allen that “an avowed supporter of Donald Trump” had no business commenting on such a matter."

Always Trump, Trump, Trump with Gavin...anything to deflect off of him.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 05-09-2018, 4:57 AM

If Team Travis Allen is really a member of CG, please listen:
1. You need a better marketing campaign. I live in a town 1 hour south of Sacramento, and the radio ads I hear are all Cox.
2. I see no Allen signs,
3. I see/hear Cox (okay, that sounds weird) all over,
4. Where's the grassroots effort?

From what I have read about Travis, he's the guy. But if he can't get the backing of the party and can't get name recognition, he's doomed no matter how good he is.

I also wish the Repubs would back one of the candidates and tell the other to back out. Otherwise, there will be no choice on the November ballot.

I hope you're listening...
Old 05-09-2018, 5:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm not part of the Allen campaign, but you can get a yard sign here
https://travisallenvolunteers.org/shop?olsPage=products
Old 05-09-2018, 8:19 AM
Spent $299 for this text!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Saw a giant 8ft sign for Allen on hwy 49 outside auburn a couple weeks ago. I have no place to put up a sign myself, but I'm trying to do my part, one calguns signature at a time

Honestly, I get the feeling that not very many people are interested in the gubernatorial election this year. Maybe it's just because I don't watch TV, but I haven't really heard much about it outside of calguns. I wish people would get more excited... we have a real chance to make it livable in this state again. Or to make it crumble further. We'll find out which, in November.

Last edited by CandG; 05-09-2018 at 8:22 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 8:23 AM
Spent $299 for this text!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
[I]"Allen delivered a remark that drew gasps: “If you can’t trust Gavin with his best friend’s wife, why would you trust him with your state?”
Hahaha, I love this guy

Old 05-11-2018, 1:21 PM

Donated and got a sign and stickers. What the hell, crazier things happened in '16.
Old 05-11-2018, 1:57 PM

It's true Allen needs to get his name out there. Newsom's latest attack ad painted Cox in such a positive way I thought he was the 2A candidate.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPatriot View Post
It's true Allen needs to get his name out there. Newsom's latest attack ad painted Cox in such a positive way I thought he was the 2A candidate.

That was the whole point of the ad - to boost Cox name ID. Newsom said as much in an interview after the last debate. His campaign has been very open about wanting to run against a Republican instead of a Dem.

Old 05-12-2018, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Honestly, I get the feeling that not very many people are interested in the gubernatorial election this year. Maybe it's just because I don't watch TV, but I haven't really heard much about it outside of calguns.
This is EXACTLY why it is so important to fire up the calguns community and everyone else you know about getting out to vote for Allen in June! Not many people in general show up to these types of elections so if the Allen supporters can mobilize, we can get him on the ballot in Nov.
Old 06-11-2018, 2:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

While many of us RKBA types liked Travis Allen best and planned on voting for him until President Trump endorsed John Cox. It would be wise to review the many comments claiming Allen had all the momentum and how the polls were all fixed for John Cox against Travis Allen.

As it turns out we were all very lucky to have John Cox run against Newsomew as opposed to Tony Villar.

I believe if more cal gunner listened to talk radio the results for John Cox would have been higher as John Cox had lots of endorsements and appeared frequently on talk radio . Although Travis was also interviewed he did not appeal to enough Californians.
California Governor Election Results
By THE NEW YORK TIMES JUNE 11, 2018, 11:21 AM ET

CANDIDATE PARTY VOTE PCT.
Gavin Newsom
Democrat
1,613,120 33.8%
John Cox
Republican
1,249,248 26.2
Antonio Villaraigosa
Democrat
631,033 13.2
Others
1,280,449 26.8
4,773,850 votes, 100% reporting (21,486 of 21,486 precincts)

We will soon find out if Travis Allen is a team player who tries to help us defeat Newsom or if he will fall into obscurity as a bitter loser.

As a side, I apologize for using the pathetic democrat NYT site for election results.

Last edited by ja308; 06-11-2018 at 3:06 PM..