Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 08-23-2019, 6:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Ammunition Record Requirements

Ok, I need everyone's help. What are our ammo record requirements. I can't seem to find them anyway. The reason this came up is I thought I remember hearing or reading we do not need to store denied ammo check paperwork. However, I can't find that anyway. And now I can't find anything about paperwork.

Quote:
30355 Commencing February 1, 2011, the records required by this article shall be maintained on the premises of the vendor for a period of not less than five years from the date of the recorded transfer.
I did find this, but it specifically says from the date of the recorded transfer. On a denial, there would be no recorded transfer.

However, I think I tracked it down in the CCR.

Quote:
11 CCR § 4045.1 (f) Applications or reports submitted electronically via the Dealer Record of Sale Entry System (DES), including applications or reports submitted pursuant to Chapters 8 and 11 of this Division 5.
For eligibility checks based on applications or reports submitted to the Department of Justice electronically via the DES, the firearm dealer or ammunition vendor shall examine the applicant's driver license or identification card. If the applicant's California driver license or identification card is federal non-compliant with the notation “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on the front, the firearm dealer or ammunition vendor shall require the applicant to submit a copy of the document required in subdivision (b), as well as a copy of the document required in subdivision (c) if applicable. These applications and reports include:
(1) Application(s) to purchase a firearm. The firearm dealer shall confirm compliance with this subdivision on DES, as necessary during the application or reporting process. The firearm dealer shall keep a copy of the document(s) required in subdivisions (a) through (c) as part of the permanent record of the transaction described in Penal Code section 28215, subdivision (c).
(2) Applications to purchase ammunition, as described in Penal Code section 30370. The firearm dealer or ammunition vendor shall confirm compliance with this subdivision on DES, as necessary during the application or reporting process. The firearm dealer or ammunition vendor shall keep a copy of the document(s) required in subdivisions (a) through (c).
So oops. I didn't think we had to keep the denials.